What does Veeky Forums think about StrongLifts 5x5?

What does Veeky Forums think about StrongLifts 5x5?

Other urls found in this thread:

Veeky
twitter.com/AnonBabble

sage

read the sticky

sage

I started out with it and switched to TM after about 12 weeks. It's a good program, I like the app.

it's a pretty good program
i've been using it for about 8 weeks
the app is good like said

shit program made by an even shittier person

Sticky is down ya idjit

Decent beginner program to get your form right on the big lifts, gets your initial strength up. Not much different from SS, ICF, etc in that respect.

Remember it's a beginner program. Do it consistently, concentrating on adding weight and nailing form. Don't fuck around on it for too long, four to six months max.

As for the background of Stronglifts, Mehdi openly admits he just tweaked a program by Reg Park. Mehdi comes across like a used car salesman at times, but just ignore that side and lift weight.

I don't like strength training

Its a solid program. Intermediate program designed to build a solid frame and strength.

This program like most other intermediate "Power Lifting" programs are essentially the same linear progression model.

1. what Veeky Forums thinks about SL is not covered by the sticky
2. announcing sage is against global rules

What programs would you guys recommend after doing 5x5 for 6 months?

After it told me to start with benching 75 lbs two to three times a week when I can bench my bodyweight (155) I deleted the app and began a routine of mine roughly inspired by it.

also interested in this

ppl is all the rage these days with lifters with a modicum of experience

you could have just changed the starting weight instead of being stupid

That's a really good point....cos I don't know how well I'm self managing my current routine. Will be looking into that again. Thanks for pointing that out.

And that's why you're dyel

Do SL to get your numbers up, then do a PPL program, because your legs will be massive and you only will need to train your legs once a week then.

>Stronglift
>Intermediate
wut.png

Made good squat gains with it. Chest not so much

Now doing a modified 3DMJ program

what's PPL

haha, not the original replier. I have the app it is really good. I think the best part is the fact that you can adjust the weight.

push-pull-legs routine

Also, read the sticky.

SL5x5 is a great program to learn the basics (eg. form) and you should follow it as longs as your progress is linear.

After that, i would start PPL or PHAT, but its not the thing you need to worry about for the next 4-6 months.

Upper/lower split with more isolated lifts and hypertrophy. Check PHUL or PHAT routines.
Alternately, look at PPL as suggested.

Good beginner routine when using accessories, but past newbie gains you should switch to something that has more volume and frequency to get more out of your weeks i think.

I really enjoy PPL 5/7 week program.

>switched to TM after about 12 weeks.

You switched to an intermediate program while still a novice.

>Not much different from SS

You're a retard and don't know what SS is.

>Its a solid program. Intermediate program

Define intermediate. But save your breath, you're a retard.

Keep doing it for another 6 months

Don't stay on it too long. You'll end up looking like a T-rex.

Should be in the sticky t b h

If you can bench 155 with perfect form why did you start a new beginner program?

>tfw already t Rex mode when starting SL. ;__;

No one ever seems to mention 5/3/1 on here. Is it a good program for an intermediate?

The nsuns version is. Proper 5/3/1 is probably too slow progress for an intermediate. If you do other sport apart from lifting then regular 5/3/1 is pretty cool.

Thanks user I'll check it

i moved onto c6w and am currently on the second cycle

No it isn't retard
Sage

Did you try reading them?

Veeky Forums.org/rules#global

>7. Submitting false or misclassified reports, or otherwise abusing the reporting system may result in a ban. Replying to a thread stating that you've reported or "saged" it, or another post, is also not allowed.

begginer routine, do it for 12 weeks and 12 weeks only, anymore and you will never make it

6x6 for 7 months

Watered down, overly simplified version of SS that skips all the in-depth-yet-accessible instruction and background information that will benefit the novice long after they outrgrow either program in a few months.

>absurdly low bench and press volume
>daily LP is lazy programming that doesn't teach you to use percentages or RPE
>GSLP does everything SL does, but better because it has autoregulation
>1x5 deadlift is a meme
>No direct arm work (chin ups are mostly back, and dips are largely chest)
>5x5 to 3x5 to 3x3 to 1x3 gives the illusion of strength gain while really just serving as a peaking protocol. That being said, it's a very good peaking protocol for squat
>No power clean/snatch, no push press, no overhead squat means no calf development and little direct work on thoracic extension (important if you spend a lot of time on phone/computer)

It's a shit program that markets itself as being for beginners when it's really a peaking protocol for nonbeginners. The app is really nice, but the program behind it is garbage.

shut up retard.

>not wanting to be a retard
>current year
R E T A R D S T R E N G T H C M O N