If one can do 315 lbs on the leg press machine, is it possible for him to squat 3pl8?

If one can do 315 lbs on the leg press machine, is it possible for him to squat 3pl8?

Asking for a friend.

they work different muscles the only way to do a 3pl8 squat is to do a 3pl8 squat

There is no squat rack at his gym.

then he doesnt go to a gym

no user
i can leg press that but i only squat half of that

no retard, i doubt you could do 2pl8 squat. Leg press barely transfers over to squatting.
and thats ignoring how poverty tier a 315 leg press is

No

>i doubt you could do 2pl8 squat
*he

sauce??

Only one way to find out.

no, i can leg press 7pl8 but i can only squat 315 ass to grass.

Not even close.

Kek'd

Even if the movement translated well, when squatting you are also lifting your body weight. So if you're doing a 3pl8 squat, and weight 200lb, you're really squatting 515lb. Or technically a little less because your leg weight wouldn't be contributing as much to the weighting.

Shit nigga, I squat 600lbs then.

no the 45 degree is a lot more favorable to your body which allows you push more weight

315lb leg press is like a 175lb squat

no, he will die if he tries to squat that.

t. fatass

no u

315 on the leg press is like squatting a bar with 25 pounds on each side (95 lbs total)

No.

Leg press is a leg isolation exercise while squat is a compound.

I've easily leg praised lmao 5 pl8 for reps but i couldn't do the same for squats. Its roughly double as hard or more i would say.

leg press machine is roughly double squat, so if you can do 300 lb leg press you can only do 150 squat

(Thinly veiled) physics question into leg press angles and trigonometry.

>mfw I did pretty well in Trig, bitches.

*Leg press 600 lb

No.

Legpress doesn't include your own bodyweight and is at an angle.

(315 legpress - 150 bodyweight)*sin(45 degrees) = squat 116

dyel

Y-yes.

don't listen to these cucks
machines translate perfectly and anyone who disagrees is a fatass rippletard

I used to do 3x12 315lbs on the leg press and I had no trouble squatting 405lbs the first time I tried.
trust me, just try it. there's no harm

>no the 45 degree
depends on the style of leg press.

then he doesnt go to a gym

Witnessed.

Nice form m8

No. I can leg press 7 plates but can only squat 290.

dumbest thing ive ever heard

for me, squatting 3pl8 translated to roughly 800lbs leg press, idk about other anons but thats the ballpark for sets

No not at all. I can do over a 4 plate leg press (maybe 5 now idk, haven't done it in a while) but I'm only squatting 225.

Leg press isolates more, meaning you'd lack things like core or back strength in order to do the squat properly.

Also, in2 physics.
If you have 315 on the leg press, and (assume) a 30 degree slope to your leg press machine, ignoring friction (μ), it'd be 315*sin(30) = 157.2 lbs that you're actually feeling / pressing.

3pl8 squat 890lb leg press for me. So I'd say those numbers are reasonable

I bet you don't go parallel.

Therefore you are not doing even one squat. Keep thinking you are strong tho.

no. It's not working the same muscles. also how the fuck does a gym not a squat rack? your friend needs to ask for his money back

No.

I did well over 4 pl8 on leg press before I could barely do 2pl8 squat for reps.

This
>tfw I have actually measured the angle and friction on a leg press machine in my gym and calculate the force within 10 lbs
if youre older than 30 you cant have autism, right

No

Either that or you're an engineer like me.
In which case we're just so autistic we get paid for it.

do you not understand physics? He's talking about force generated dumbass.

How'd you know?

you're a fucking moron. bodyweight squats are a thing, especially for women. You're probably not squatting the weight most of your legs but your entire torso, arms, and head are part of the weight.

>bodyweight squats
Are you a woman? You're literally advocating the most retarded exercise ever.

Powerlifter here. My 1RM on squat is 545lb but I can rep 1100 on leg press for sets of 5-8 with full depth (knees to chest).

Holy fucking shit are you autistic? He's not advocating anything, just using them as an example to prove that your bodyweight adds to the resistance of squats while it doesn't at leg press. Are you actually too retarded to understand that?

You are pushing your body with the leg press too retard.

brb doing 220 lbs pullups

No

horizontally, or at least at some angle

rly guyz?

you can't GET autism
if you already got it before 30, youre done, sry bro

That's not a gym

My friend thought he was hot shit cuz he "used to leg press 10 plates on each side."
He can't squat 255.

saying 315 leg press = 175 squat even seems generous.
I can full rom 6pl8 for 10 reps on a leg press, but only squat a 5RM of 315 (1RM 350)

doing pullups at 100kg is actually impressive desu. I'm proud of you