I'm new and the sticky is broken

I'm new and the sticky is broken.

should I do starting strength or stronglifts 5x5 first?

Other urls found in this thread:

4chanfit.wikia.com/wiki/Harsh's_Worksheet_(WIP)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

5/3/1 the rest is fiction.
if you have very little "muscle tissue", 25 reps at a certain poundage is going to do zero. merely try not to miss 3 days without going to the gym, and you'll be okay. and eat more.

>welcome.

Do one. If you like it keep doing it for awhile. Otherwise switch. Remember to eat and sleep to help with gains.

Is 5/3/1 a separate program?

>remember to eat and sleep

Fuck I forgot about those...

Doesnt matter much as long as you stick to it and eat right

it's perfect for novice lifters, and especially women who have naturally less skeletal muscle than dudes....

it works because it overloads the flesh rather than stressing them to exhaustion. skeletal muscle responds to being taxed, not being fatigued.

you gotta apply pressure to coal to make diamonds. #cheesy.

>you know I'm right

greyskull lp

SS is goat. If its hard to programm inthe start you might want to do SL with the app, but I still prefer 3x5. 5x5 is just too much IMHO, the goal is to get you stronger.

Are you retarded or trolling? 5/3/1 is an intermediate program that you do after linear progression stops
Either one, is fine for beginners

OP here

Thanks for the help

You're whalecum

You will do pic related. Compared to the two you mentioned, it's:
>more balanced (a push, a leg and a pull lift each day)
>better autoregulation (AMRAP sets)
>But doesn't allow you to fuck around with too many degrees of freedom (like letting exercises, reps, sets and weight up to chance)
>more novice friendly (no power cleans, which are retarded to do without a coach)
>doesn't have you squat 3x week like an autist but does not neglect legs either
When daily progression stops, do weekly (TM)
When that stops, do 531

>doesn't have you squat 3x week like an autist
>implying i dont squat 6x week
i will unironically embrace this label

Thanks for the help friend

>newfag comes to Veeky Forums
>actually checks the fucking sticky
>broken
Cruel, cruel fate.
>pyramid sets
That's the real fiction.

Real talk OP: SL & SS are both great, they're quite similar, you'll do fine with either. I went with SL because I like rows more than power cleans, but what really matters is sticking to the routine consistently.

stop posting anytime

>alternating

alternating like one set of OHP then rest then one set of bench then rest then one set of OHP etc etc until done?

if you are squating 6 times a week you either lack intensity or volume in your workout... what are your series and with what % of 1RM

it means that if you do ohp on day one you do bench on day 2 and ohp again on day 3... same with chinups and rows, if you do rows on day 1 you will do rows on day 2 etc...

*chinups on day 2
if fucked up one the end

This.

Don't worry about starting with the bar, it's gonna add up very very quickly.

Anyone who says 5x5 is shit is retarded.

u should do a upper/lower or ppl if you want to look good and dont care about strength i made some great progress with it

I might switch to this. I've been doing stronglifts for months now and I'm seeing my legs grow while my upper body stays the same. I'm not interested in looking like a human triangle.

Do SL. use the app.

Add accessories at the end of every session.
Curls
Chin ups
Dips
Farmers walks

>mfw I've been writing a new sticky for myself because the current one is so shitty
Is this the fit's gods call?

Bump

Both are fine, don't start with the bar, taper sets down to 3x5 for squats 1x5 dl, stay 5x5 for bench. Add curls.

Nah, it's very possible and useful to squat that much, your body adjusts.
It just takes a ton of time.

Also anyone who recommends 5/3/1 for any lvl of lifter is trolling.

what's wrong with 5/3/1? no memes pls

Wait should I really not start with the bar, I'm a weak skelly

bruh i started with bar as skelly... there is nothing to be ashamed of... everybody need to start somewhere

He said to not start with the bar

For the sticky is down fags.
This was the old sticky.

4chanfit.wikia.com/wiki/Harsh's_Worksheet_(WIP)

If you can't dl/squat 135 on day one, get on HRT because you are hopeless.

HRT?

?

Deadlifting yes. Squatting no because most people are too inflexible to do it right from the start.

hormone replacement therapy i assume

Thanks friendo

Neither. Just do a PPL and enjoy your aesthetics. No one who sees you walking down the street is going to care about or ask you how much you can squat or deadlift.

Do SS + GOMAD

The sticky is pure shit learn how to do a half body / PPL / Split

Ppl for aesthetics
SS for strength.

Idiots will argue about SS is good for aesthetics but don't listen to them.

how do you know its broken if you're new?
KYS

Guess what ss is retarted for strength too. Unless you wanna be the squat master and you dont care about any other lift

5/3/1 is an intermediate program that assumes you know how to program for yourself and can no longer add weight on a per workout basis i e. you stalled in SS/SL, bro. Just sayin'.

You're retarded, it goes:
SS/SL -> 5-3-1/Texas/PPL -> Indigo Project/Doggcrapp/Conjugate/literally anythingbelse because you're not a beginner.

You start to drive in first gear, then you move up. If you came to a full stop, guess what? Back to first gear.

You aren't supposed to do it beyond a few months. How retarded are you?

Of course a white guy would think this joke is funny.

Most people do Baker's Dozen routine:

12x12 + 1 AMRAP for all compound lifts + bicep curls every day of the week.

Don't reinvent the wheel. You'll get mad gainz here and you can eat a baker's dozen of donuts for a number of calories you're burning.