Can we settle this once and for all?

Can we settle this once and for all?

Other urls found in this thread:

health.harvard.edu/nutrition/butter-vs-margarine
strawpoll.me/13273008
authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
plantpositive.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

4/10 bait. gave you a few extra points for effort (pity points)

margarine is better in every way

butter tastes better but I'd use magarine

One is filled with estrogen, clogs your arteries, causes cancer, acne, animal abuse, and global warming while the other has estrogen blockers, protects against heart disease and cancer and removes carbon dioxide from the air which is beneficial for the planet

Animal fat is good for you. It's since people fell for the margarine meme that heart disease rates have skyrocketed.

Butter goes well in coffee, margarine does not.

Settle what? Margarine is garbage

>butter in coffee
Never heard of this, but it sounds good

I want to see Bess Kalb take a big black cock in her pussy. I would literally pay upwards of $1000 for a video/scene of her tiny pussy getting ripped open by a humongous 12 inch black dick. I want to hold her hand while she moans "sweetie" or "honey" "I'm so getting pregnant from this" as she takes a full load from a muscular black man. Ughhhh hnggggg oh emm gee I want this so bad please make this happen Bess!

butter is healthy, margarine is processed garbage and is terrible for you

Bait thread.

except at being actual food

which is which

Butter bitch. Eating fake food should never be an option.

>not getting your butter locally hand churned from the devout, pure, qt 3.14 amish girl that lives down the lane

Why did they put it on a whiteboard

>Animal fat is good for you

Heart disease rates skyrocketed due to the addition of added sugars to everything and the high prevalence of sugary soft drinks in everyday life.

Margarine is shit, though I agree. Butter tastes better and reminds me of real food. Margarine reminds me of plastic.

Maragine made with trans fat < Butter < Soft margarine with no trans fat < Liquid oils < Nuts and seeds

Natural butter is what you want, unsalted or salted. Its just preference. Grass fed fancy label stuff does actually have some benefit, more omega3s and one other thing I can't remember off the top of my head.

Margarine is trash you should never eat. Its a garbage imitation product that only exists because sugar lobbyists convinced everyone that fat was bad for them to throw the scent off of sugar being worthless obesity causing calories.

Both are bad for you and grass fed is a buzzword that means nothing practical.

>fat
>bad
No. And grass fed is not just a meme, there is a difference in the nutritional content of the animal biproduct depending on its diet. Beef raised on corn don't have the same levels of fatty acids as beef raised on grass.

LOL you have it the exact wrong way around. Impressive.

"Fat" isn't one thing. There are different types of fats that have different impacts on your health.

And yes grassfed is a meme. Any nutritional differences are so minor that it's hardly worth mentioning.

>Butter goes well in coffee
Kys

Are you retarded?

Try coconut oil/fat aswell

>Butter goes well in coffee, margarine does not.
amerilards...

Butter, butter and butter again. Fuck margarine and whoever came up with it.

Most margarine now is better for you than butter

health.harvard.edu/nutrition/butter-vs-margarine

>Today the butter-versus-margarine issue is really a false one. From the standpoint of heart disease, butter is on the list of foods to use sparingly mostly because it is high in saturated fat, which aggressively increases levels of LDL. Margarines, though, aren't so easy to classify. The older stick margarines that are still widely sold are high in trans fats, and are worse for you than butter. Some of the newer margarines that are low in saturated fat, high in unsaturated fat, and free of trans fats are fine as long as you don't use too much (they are still rich in calories).

What's the appeal of margarine anyway? Are people really that shit at spreading butter?

it has properties that make it better for some aspects of baking

also it's constantly marketed as a healthy alternative to butter

You know, I'd like to meet one of you veganfags from here on Veeky Forums one day. First I'd beat you senseless, just to prove by combat that veganism is a shit meme and not suitable for humans. Then I'd force you to eat meat until your stomach burst, posting the whole affair on livestream, so the whole world could see what a bunch of worthless faggots you vegancucks are, proving once and for all that humans are OMNIVORES. Then the anti-veganism uprising could kick into high gear, with Veeky Forumsizens all over the world striking down and subjugating all veganfags everywhere, forcing them to eat McDoubles until they puked. Making Earth Great Again!

spoken like a true american

he's right is what he is

Harvard is funded by Bunge and for years had oil at the bottom of their food pyramid, so nobody should really give a single shit about what they say.

All processed foods and refined fats are bad. Butter and margarine are highly processed foods and refined fats that nobody should consume.

margerine was actually originally made with a very specific purpose, allowing french soldiers to brave the russian winter back in napoleonic times, so the guy who came up with it actually did a great job
but yeah, I prefer butter too

Neither

>butter is 'highly processed'
Are you stupid?
>milk cows
>cream floats to the top
>skim it off
>churn the fuck out of it
>butter!
It's no different fat than what came directly out of the goddamned cow.
>doesn't believe in eating saturated fat
Enjoy your low test, fuccboi.

>settle this once and for all
>doesn't put up a poll
FFS, why is OP always a faggot?
Pic related, so the poll draws attention.

strawpoll.me/13273008

>butter is on the list of foods to use sparingly
>some margarines are worse for you than butter
>Some margarines are fine if you don't use too much

How much did it cost to determine this bullshit? what kind of retarded conclusion is this? this is why I dont trust 90% of nutrition advice even from 'respectable' places like Harvard.

Might as well just make the entire article
>Q: Is margarine or butter fine to consume?
>A: It Depends

Doest help that if you read the actual studies, its such small effects like increasing a specific desease in a specific population from 1% to 1.5% (THUS 50% INCREASE!) that it basically doesn't matter to an individual.

PS: butter, because margarine doesn't brown, and tastes like shit. only place I use margarine is in baking which specifically need white margarine and not butter.

>removes carbon dioxide from the air
Bullshit, it's just as much a carbon cycle as producing dairy is

Butter.

margarine isn't food, it's just trash

The objective answer is olive oil.

Both are fucking terrible for you, anyone who says otherwise is just biased by their taste, and will say anything to try and rationalize their bad habit.

/thread

yes
butter

he's right retarded is what he is

>grass fed is a buzzword that means nothing practical.
Someone has never made pemmican before.

If youve ever made pemmican from a grass-fed cow vs a grain fed cow youd know this statement is false.

The fact is you can't make pemmican with a grain fed cow because the fat stays soft and mushy at all temperatures. Whereas pemmican made from grass fed cows will finish hard into a bar.

Not true and irrelevant anyway

>authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
>authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
>chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
>https:/press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291

Butter has more calories and healthy fats. Depending on the brand it also has more nutrients, typically B6, niacin, selenium and zinc are all high in grass fed butter.
Margarine (dependent upon make) is usually ultra high in unhealthy fats and pretty close to vegetable oil but slightly lower in calories than butter. There are some exceptions but most margarines are made from cheap oils and even the olive oil brands are lacking in any real nutrition.

In short, eat butter if you have self control, otherwise don't eat either.

The fact anyone has to question this shows how far from reality marketing has led you gullible fucks.

plantpositive.com/

Here's several days worth of video content about the topic you're talking about. Watch all of it

>butter has more healthy fats

Non-trans-fat margarine has more healthy fats. Butter is a stereoptypical example of unhealthy fats.

I'm not watching a bunch of bad science

Then I'm not reading a bunch of bad science

Yeah sure, tons of evidence backing basic nutritional knowledge you should have learned in school is bad science

>not true

Like hell it isnt. I have 300 head of cattle and sell my own farm-made pemmican. I can assure you that grain-fed cattle only result in pemmican paste.