QTDDTOT

Other is gonna be archived in a bit.

>tfw you've overthought fat loss so much you forgot everything about it

1. Does your body use fat as fuel after carbs are depleted or what?

2. Is low fat/high protein the best way to bulk for lean muscle gain? Should carbs be high/moderate/low?

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/01/160127132741.htm
bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
youtu.be/mRznU6pzez0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why the fuck do people always comment

"You don't need to lose weight" when you mention you're on a diet?

Like jesus I know I'm not obese but does it really hurt that much to say "Good luck!" or "Oh, okay". It's always some bullshit to try and make me feel adequate when I want to look the best I possibly can.

How to deal with being mildly unattractive. I'm not ugly, but just didn't come out right. I'm healthy and fairly fit already.

Crabs in a bucket. You being dedicated to something reminds others that they are failing to be their best self.

Does mewing work?

when i tell people (girls generally) that i'm trying to gain weight they say "but your body's fine"

this is minutes before/after they tell me i'm a cute "boy"

people suck

Will lifting while losing weight waste my noobie gains? is there a time limit on them?

Not everyone. No man should be above 15% bodyfat
Lose weight, then clean bulk till 15-16%, cut and repeat. It takes longer but is the right thing to do. Fatties boasting about their lifts are delusional. Not to mention that you can only gain so much muscle and after a certain point all you get is fat. Diminishing returns of bulking are real, dont be fooled by the obese strength crowd
Godspeed user

It's alright then. If you're okay looking, confident and have ambitions, you're good. Men peak later in life and it's not because of looks.

I want to do the armstrong pull-up program (I can do around 10 really strict deadhang pull-ups). Can I leave out the daily push-ups when I'm already doing a lot of pressing (OHP and bench 3 times a week)? And lower the pulling volume of my program?

Your body uses:
-Food
-Fat
-Glycogen
-Muscle

1. In that general order. Fat has a maximum rate at which it can be burned, hence why high energy depleting exercises like sprinting and circuit training make one look "flat" directly afterward due to loss of glycogen in the muscles

2. Glycogen assists in the transport of nutrients. Glycogen is made from carbs. More nutrients soaking the muscles = better recovery and growth. Fat recommendation per day is 0.35-0.40g per pound.

They don't understand that abs and a shredded look come from low body fat and think that it naturally happens as you go to the gym. These are the same people that think you can get abs in thirty days despite being 20% body fat.

Work your neck and jaw then get a hairstyle that works for your head shape. Rectangular is generally a masculine look, hence why fades are so popular at the moment as they don't bush out to the sides to make one's head look wide and they are longer on top to add a longer look.

Your face has muscles and working them changes their resting position. Same thing with your shoulders and back and fixing posture.

No. sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/01/160127132741.htm

Generally, one can gain an optimal amount of muscle mass even whilst cutting at a rate of roughly 30-40 kcal per pound of fat with a weekly Maintenance day. Make sure you don't overwork yourself though, as a large reason people lose so much muscle during a cut is by doing too much volume than they can recover from while eating such a low amount of calories. In other words, keep your sets reasonable (beginner routines have less than 12, most of which are not and SHOULD NOT be to failure).

>as a large reason people lose so much muscle during a cut is by doing too much volume than they can recover from while eating such a low amount of calories.
Wow, and my gym coach gave me at least 20 sets on my first and second day where i had to rest for 3 days to recover from the soreness

thanks brahs. We're all gonna make it. I'm about to break getting under 170 lbs which will be my lightest measurement ever. Aiming for 155.

im 6ft, 220 pounds trying to get down to at least 200. i lift 3 times a week and cardio 2-3 times a week.

i heard about weekly averages and im trying to eat at around 2200 calories. I know i'll consume over 3000 on certain days so i eat like 1500 on others. I still eat around 100g of protein a day

long story short, will my current diet kill my noobie gains.

Stalling on most of my lifts for stronglifts 5x5 after about 6 months, is it time to go to texas method or will reducing weight and adding reps be a better alternative for progression?

I lost 115 lbs in a year

I've gained 25 in half a year, so now my total loss is 90.

Am I not going to make it? I've been cheating on my diet lately and know about people regaining their weight. Am I fucked now or have people who lost weight lose a lot, gain a little, then lose a lot again? Im still 60 lbs over where I want to be.

>trying to lose 20 pounds
>Eating 2200 calories

what's wrong with that?

so, you're claiming your TDEE is 2700? Even with that exercise it couldn't be more than 2500 at-most.

Beyond that, you're saying that you consume over 3000 on some days and 1500 on others, while also underrating protein. That is not a good diet.

You know what is a good diet? Consistency.

Fair enough. I'm new to this and bros at gym told me not to eat too low too soon and was told 2200 was ok

how many calories do you recommend then?

Weight loss is a function of your diet, simple as that. If you stick with your routine you'll make it, if you keep cheating you won't (and eventually it won't be cheating, you'll just not be on your diet any more). It's not predetermined, it all comes down to your discipline.

How do I make my forearms stronger? Started a bodyweight routine and they're letting me down on half the exercises.

What are some actually efficient core exercises that I can easily add to my lift days without increasing the time another 30 minutes?

first off: figure out your TDEE. Try TDEEcalculator.net , it's my personal favorite. You can cut between 500-750 calories. Don't rely on the exercise calculators, they're not very accurate. Go by sedentary and adjust as necessary.

You want to be losing weight even on your off days, so make sure to eat the same amount of calories daily as well as eat 0.8g of protein per pound of lean body mass.

And as I said before, you do NOT want to have your diet wildly fluctuating with 3k one day and only 1.5k another. Keep a consistent deficit.

I know, Im just asking if this weakness I have can be beaten, if I can get back into that discipline.

Hanging leg raises and side planks

I started at the gym about a month ago this weekend.

It's become a mild obsession, it helps me get through the work day when I realise I have the gym and a short swim to look forward to afterward.

I've enjoyed moving up some weights, pushing myself and genuinely just improving myself but I'm worried about the novelty wearing off.

How do I stop this? It's become such a positive force that I actively look forward to going and on rest days I have to convince myself it's better not to go because it is important to rest.

I don't want to wake up one day and start going backwards.

Best way to distract myself from the creatine withdrawals? The itches and hallucinations are pretty fucking intense right now. Can't imagine another week of this might just hop back on despite the risks.

Just switch to a milder drug like cocaine, crystal meth or krokodil

Learn to foster hate for yourself and develop an actual body dismorphia syndrome to force yourself to never miss a session. Good way is to keep browsing Veeky Forums every chance you get and indulge in the shitposting. Otherwise you'll get too complacent resting on your noob gains and you'll enter the mindset of it being okay to miss a day or two and then before you know it it's been a week then month then all your gains are back to null. Also, you should start showering in the gym.

I am new to this and was advised to start getting used to work outs for my triceps and biceps that I use bars on the cable. No idea what the exercise is called, but basically pulling the bar down from a high point for my triceps and pulling the bar up to my chin for biceps.

It was going really well, my muscles were growing on my arms and i was moving up weights.

One day, doing the bicep exercise I got an incredible pain in my elbow to the point where I can't even get in that position without being in extreme pain. I think it's golfer's elbow or whatever they call it.

What else can I do for my biceps?

As natty king, Nigger Lover, says, "There's no such thing as overtraining. Only not eating and resting enough." On a cut, gotta lower the volume for the amount you're eating.

God speed, user.

Your TDEE on a day where you don't workout is at least 3100, this coming from a 6'2" 210 lb guy. Muscle barely affects BMR, roughly 5 kcal per pound of muscle, so I doubt yours is far from that. Such a high deficit will result in significant muscle loss over time unless you're mixing in frequent refeeds. Look up Lyle McDonald's stuff on dropping weight and maintaining muscle. Also, up your protein to 160g minimum. 100g is super low on a cut - bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

Train heavy to get better at lifting heavy. Depending on your lifts, it may be time to switch programs. If you're mid-Intermediate, probably consider doing so.

Use a suicide grip on pulling lifts, this means curls, rows, and etc., not Bench - that's a push, and you'd kill yourself using that grip with anything heavy overhead. When your grip fails a rep, switch back to your normal grip.

Don't stop looking at the mirror and develop crippling body dismorphia like the rest of us. Realistically, set goals and keep crushing them.

You don't have to cycle creatine, in fact you shouldn't, and normal dosage is 0.1g/kg. Even still, creatine doesn't tend to do that. Preworkout might though.

Chin/Pull Ups, Rows, Curls, and pretty much any other movement that involves a bent elbow, which is exactly what you shouldn't do due to your tendonitis. Take a week off and ice it. At best, do the same exercise with 10% of the weight and the same amount of reps simply as a stretch and to get blood to flow to the muscle, not to fatigue or push the muscle. If you can't do that without pain, stop and go home. The best way to waste time in the gym is to not let yourself heal.

What's up with these dudes who show up in the gym wearing jeans and a polo?

I always feel sick to my stomach and incredibly lightheaded after a workout.

What am I doing wrong?

>6 AM
>still awake
HELP ME
I CAN SEE THE SUN RISING IN MY WINDOW

Get checked up for asthma. Are you eating properly?

I'm eating a pretty decent diet, no fast food, no junk and shit like that.

Would asthma really do that? I thought that you'd have trouble breathing flat out with asthma not start to feel it after a bit

I have asthma and the symptoms were the same as what you have described. It wasn't diagnosed until I was in my twenties because I didn't connect the symptoms to breathing problems. I always sucked at school sport and never knew why, now I do sport all the time.

Really helpful, thank you

someone help pls

yes, im guessing the program doesn't account for the people who actually lift, hence pushups

you may be having low blood sugar either due to not eating 1-2-3 hours before the workout, or due to a genetic low blood sugar issue

also, drink loads of water, esp now in the summer

I get the idea that you have to balance forces around the shoulder, but it's good to have a second opinion. Thanks!

where can i find a good calisthenics routine? too poor for gym or equipment and plan to buy a pullup bar

Why is the sticky still down?

I feel so lost.

how do you get gud at sex? I always feel like my dicc game slackin

How much she enjoys the dick depends mostly on how much she is turned on already. And learn how to work with your hands and tongue if you want to make her orgasm consistently.

How long can I keep cooked steel cut oats in my fridge?

Going to start doing nukols 2x week bench program into ss. Stalling hard on bench but still progressing everywhere else. Wanna ride as for at least 2 more months? Problem doing ohp only once a week?

what do i do if my bench press will NOT fucking improve. ive tried deloading, ive tried drop setting, ive tried increasing frequency. i cant get over 160 lbs 4x6 on incline bench for the past 2 months and its pissing me the fuck off.

also, yes i am eating enough (2700-2800 calories/day, 120 g protein/day, 160 lbs @ 5'9") and i get plenty of sleep/rest. currently im benching twice a week. 4x6 incline bench on monday and 4x8 incline bench on wednesday + 3x12 chest flyes.

"We designed this program for overweight young men" what do you reckon on the relevance of that study for people who lift? obvs weighlifting + high protein won't hurt..

falling 4 week bate

Does anyone else's penis and testicles smell REALLY REALLY dank after each workout and then even on days you don't? I don't know what's causing it, I even unironically shower in the gym before and after each session and like right after when I wipe my hand on the underside of my gooch I still whiff it nasty dank. What can I do to change this? I don't want to risk losing the chance of someone going down on me.

Should I get drunk today because I've got nothing better to do?

Can I just stay between 10-12% bodyfat while slowly getting big?
Like bulking with +0.5kg/month (-0.25lb/week) as soon as I hit 10% and cutting with -2kg/month (-1lb/week) as soon as I hit 12%?
Stats: 25, 6', 66kg lbm, 1/2/3/3

No you have better stuff to do

Is it normal to stall on 57kg bench or is my form fucked?
My squat is 77 and diddly 100

I touch chest every rep and Im fine at the beginning but the 4 and 5 set is hell

ok, I guessI'll get to my garden today

How do I get over my disgust of the filthy female body? Everything about them once they open their mouths or do ANYTHING at all just turns me off from them. I can understand their aesthetic appeal but anything beyond that like just hearing their voices and ultimately sex is just so gross.

No
Do more research and find out what you're doing wrong
>those stats
>using mang terms

Find out whats wrong with you
Try being honest with yourself

OK, I have a question. Is it true that if you lift a weight that's 3x lighter than what you're used to but do it really slow, it's equivalent to using a weight that's the normal size. i.e if I bench 60kgx5reps normally, can I bench 20kgx5reps really slow and get the same results?

I saw this asked in another thread and no-one answered so not sure if it's a meme.

Some sort of insect bit me over my left shoulder blade a few days ago. The bites feel like mosquito bites and they itch a lot, they swelled quite a bit too.

Now I have a small lump (maybe just under 1cm across) on the back of my neck. You can move it around and it doesn't hurt but it's slightly tender. Is this a lymph node swelling from the bite?

I looked it up and apparently it takes weeks to improve but it never goes away fully. What the fuck

I'm trying to start doing pushups and having a really hard time. I can't keep my back from sinking in after a couple and it hurts my back, so I tried doing "girl" pushups which feels a lot better but I doubt it's gonna help me build any strength. Not sure how to remedy this. Also, how many pushups should I do, and how many days a week? Just for basic fitness.

My advice is not to worry, same thing happened on my kneecap a few days ago. Mine went away in about 48hrs though. How long's yours been there.

btw that shit you can feel moving around is probably pus. If it persists more than a couple of days, see your doctor.

It's probably the insects egg

3x/week, 3 sets to failure, 2 min rest

It's still a very poor aproach to fitness

You have lyme disease

I'm not sure if it's been there longer, but I felt it the day before yesterday. It's increased in size slightly since then.

Yeah i'll wait a week before making an appointment.

brilliant

Yeah bro, maybe any longer than 48-72 hrs and you might be in trouble.

No. You need to be in the range of at least 65-70% to stimulate a strength response. You can bench a lightweight as slow and as many reps as you want, but it won't make you stronger.

How do I do a pull up? my lats are too weak. I need some help guys

So then if it's 60kg, I can do around 40-45kg and it's equal?

Having trouble sleeping at night, what do?

I go to bed at a reasonable hour (9:30pm-10pm) but I toss and turn usually for at least an hour sometimes 1.5 hours before finally falling asleep. I get up every morning between 7-7:30 too so i'm up for a decent amount of time.

The summer heat is probably partially responsible but what other things can I do to help fall asleep faster? Preferably no pills/supplements

youtu.be/mRznU6pzez0

>Lifting in the evening
>sex/masturbating
>reading
>deal with mental issues
>improve sleep environment

Thank you buddy! I had forgotten all about scoobydoobydoo. here, have a spicy one on me.

What are you doing before bed? Turn off everything that emits an electrical impulse, phone computer, tv at least an hour before. Don't drink ANY caffeine at least 6hrs before going to bed. I suppose the main thing is stress, are you struggling for a promotion, is your relationship in trouble etc. Biggest factor is stress though.

probably the electronics thing

Are you eating right before your workout? I get nauseous if I workout with food in my stomach.

Take phone and put in other room

If you want to sleep, lady in bed and close eyes just.

Your body will eventually sleep, but if you are not tired you will spend longer in stage 1.

Fast for a day to reset internal clock.

Lay off caffeine and pwo, let body adjust to that reality, and then only use it to smooth bits through and not habitually

>Fast for a day to reset internal clock.

Give me the bogpill senpai.

yeah, but it'd be easier just to leanbulk. Eat a surplus of 200-300 cal a day instead of the traditional 500.

Routine involves multiple bench exercises?

Try lowering sets and push weight

Anyone have any links to studies about fasting, heard such pseudo and bro science on both sides of the argument

Do planks to improve pushup form

Good on you for fixing it before going to gym and triggering exmil guys

Is body recomp a real thing?

I'm 6'4 and I cut calories to go from 256lbs down to 195lbs. I've been eating at 2228 calories for the last month and a half while lifting and have noticed sizable noob gains - every time I'm in the gym (3 times a week, full body) I either increase weight or reps or both.

2228 seems to keep me right at 195 with my workouts thrown in. Should I just keep doing what I'm doing until I don't progress any longer? I still have a high bodyfat percentage based on looks alone.

Worked for me but I implemented other reforms!

Its one fucking day

2228?

Fucking mentats.

Set goals.

Is what you're doing moving towards goals at pace you like? Then keep same. If not, change a variable

It worked for you? What worked for you with what goal? I asked for links to studies not assumptions and anecdotes.

"It's one fucking day", what is? I never mentioned one day.

Is casein a meme or is it worth it?

I don't have links handy but I'm going to tell it to you the way it is. Fasting works, but people greatly exaggerate how effective it is.

Typically there is a 1-week entry and exit point to a fasting period that's recommended at absolute maximum of 2 weeks (and preferably medically supervised). You can only burn as much as your body would burn on a normal day anyhow, so maximum dailly weight loss will be between 2000-2400 calories depending on your weight. It's also important to know that even if you exercise, you will lose muscle coupled with fat. Typically maximum weight loss will be about 8 pounds after 2 weeks and not all of that will be fat.

Fasting for a day or two every so often is probably fine but I wouldn't recommending doing that 28-day-bullshit that fucking retard youtuber did.

Body recomp is real, just very slow.

If you're dyel and trying to put on weight than absolutely since you'll get a steady release of protein throughout the night, also if you lift seriously and are in the 'off season'. Personally, it's easier and cheaper to eat a pot of cottage cheese before bedtime.

Am I supposed to be drinking protein powder and creatine on my off days too?

I'm a 180lb DYEL that's a month into SS.
I couldn't actually lose more weight because I atrophied so much (I lost 50 pounds prior to liftinf) it was causing me serious back/later muscle problems and fucked my posture up.

But this casein is chalky and tastes like fucking garbage and coagulates inside the milk so I don't know whether it's shit and a meme etc

Fuck the powder mate, seriously, cottage cheese is the way to go. Eat a pot of that a night and you'll be rayt son.

I was Veeky Forums but got caught up in uni, just want to accelerate cutting so I bulk.

I want to know if the muscle lost from fasting to loose x amount of fat will be more or less than the amount of muscle lost from cutting traditionally to lose x amount of fat

I found casein to be class for putting on lean size but a bro told me it was bad for your brain, can anyone confirm?