Do you think that one of the reasons why rome fell was because they started letting foreigners in and even started to...

Do you think that one of the reasons why rome fell was because they started letting foreigners in and even started to let them control rome?

When Septimius Severus who was born in libya took up the throne out of the 20 emperors that ruled 8 of them were born in rome and 10 of them were born in italy, 1 was born in gaul and the other in spain. Out of the 43 emperors AFTER him only 2 were born in rome and 1 born in italy the rest were foreigners.
The roman empire ceased to expaned around 230AD and at that time is was Severus Alexander who was in power, who was syrian and the grandson in law to Septimius Severus.

What do you think?

I think you're an idiot and would do better on /pol/

So you don't think that could be a contributing factor?

Rome would've been swarmed by Goths already in 3rd century AD if it wasn't for Illyrian emperors to drive them out.

Hail Claudius Gothicus, slaughterer of Germanic niggers.

>be septimius severus
>raised speaking Punic language, which is Hebrew
>become Roman Emperor
>suddenly Rome declines
EVERY FUCKING TIME

Severus is widely considered to be one of the last good Emperors and his dynasty was able to bring peace to Rome for some time. I think that you picked a poor example, and that more Emperors coming from the provinces was a symptom of the decline of Roman power, not a cause.

It is a contributing factor though.
30 Years after he took up the throne while his grandson in law was in power rome stopped moving foward.

Sverus as in Serverus alexander or Septimius?
But you are saying that the decline or rome made them let foreigner in though?

I'm talking about Septimus.
And yes. I think that the rise of Emperors from outside Rome itself is more reflective of the the lack of stable political leadership (with obvious exceptions like the Julio-Claudians, Flavians and Antonine dynasties) in the Empire as a whole than proof that "foreign" rulers were destroying the Empire.

They weren't foreigners. They were Romans.

Lead pipes and hot baths decreased roman fertility nad subsequent fall under foreign invasion was inevitable

Thats a good point. But would you say that all the foreign leaders made it worse and never brought it back?

God no. Many of Rome's greatest Emperors were provincials, just look at Hadrian and Trajan.

>Punic
>Roman
"As a Roman, I stand with the many minorities that comprise our multicultural empire against abuses of Roman privilege."
"You should say happy festival, not happy Iuppiter Tonans. I don't follow the Latin Pantheon, I'm Punic."
"Judea has always been our closest friend and province, especially in the Levant, and it's imperative that we support them and prevent the Parthians from desolating them."

If they had only allowed Emperors born in Rome it would have died centuries sooner.

They were both born in rome...

>A country that was built up by their natives will die if they dont elect people who are foreigners to rule them

>Using modern ideas of country
>People born within the Roman Empire but not near Rome are foreigners
>Trajan and Marcus Aurelius were bad for Rome
>Who were the Illyrian Emperors?

Actual Roman natives were a tiny minority of Latin tribes squatting around the seven hills.

Marcus Aurelius was born in rome.

His family was from Iberia.

>The gens Annia, to which Marcus belonged, had an undistinguished history. Their only famous member was Titus Annius Milo, a man known for hastening the end of the free republic through his use of political violence.[8] Marcus Aurelius' family originated in Ucubi, a small town southeast of Córdoba in Iberian Baetica. The family rose to prominence in the late first century AD. Marcus' great-grandfather Marcus Annius Verus (I) was a senator and (according to the Historia Augusta) ex-praetor; in 73–74 his grandfather Marcus Annius Verus (II) was made a patrician.[9]

Marcus Aurelius was around in charge right when they started handing out free shit to the peasants which back fired on them in 140AD.