Kettle bell and gym questions

First time posting here, didn't even know Veeky Forums had a fitness board, I usually just get on pol and v. Anyway I've been doing the spartan kettlebell workout twice a week for about 4 years. It was really fucking hard at first, so hard I almost quit, but I'm glad I stuck it out. I get asked what gym I go to constantly and whenever I say, "I don't I just watch a movie and workout with a kettlebell" I get fucking ridiculed. I have been to a gym once for a tour 4 years ago and it was fucking retarded. Convo went like this after the 15 minute tour ended.
>ok you want a two year membership or 4
>"none I was just looking"
>.......I just spent like 45 minutes showing you around, don't you want to get to 225lbs of muscle, did I do something wrong?
>"I was just looking, I've never been to a gym before"
>ok, what did I say to make you not want to join, where did I go wrong, is there something wrong with me?
>his boss walks over
>I was listening, what is wrong with our gym that you don't want to join
At that point i just get up and walk out. Anyway why would I need to go to a gym when the spartan workout is hard as fuck whenever I buy heavier weights, are all gyms this faggoty? Why do people laugh at fucking kettle bells? Should I try going to a new gym or should I just keep doing the spartan workout. Also where does fitness stop? Do you set some arbitrary goal for yourself or do you just maintain your physique?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6AdkLYLm-c0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do you shower in the gym?

Yeah, with your dad faggot, he cleans my balls.

How the fuck does it take 45 minutes to inspect a gym?

>Why do people laugh at fucking kettle bells?
Kettlebells are a retarded meme.

>Also where does fitness stop?
Where ever you want faggot, are you seriously going to base your lifestyle choices on the opinions of anonymous strangers on an arctic sunbathing forum? Take control of your life.

not gonna lie thats pretty gay

What's the point of having a black gorilla face on a kettlebell? Literally the stupidest thing I've ever seen

Its a discussion board you fucking autist gooch stain.
>why are you asking questions/discussing things on a discussion board
>not a fucking pleb faggot

/pol/, /v/ and not even two hours of workout a week. Jesus. You're just moron really.

Go to a gym. Learn compound lifts. Learn how to eat properly. Report back in three months.

Sounds like you're an arrogant old man who's been making decisions wrong since your mother stopped dressing you for school.
> Is a twice a week kettlebell routine good
Probably not
> Should I go to a gym
Probably, get over whatever weird social anxiety shit you have. If you remember a conversation like that from four years ago you probably should consider why.
>Well what should I do then faggot
Read the fucking sticky

Projecting the post.

I don't do kettle bells, I go to the gym, and I read the sticky. Why post asking for advice if you're not even going to follow the absolute basics?

Kettle bells are pretty good but you should be doing a lot more than 2x a week and doing some basic cardio or something just for stamina.

Or, if you lurked for 2 hours you wouldn't be asking this dumbass shit.

You could look decent through repition of the same movements over 4 years, not denying that, but are you strong? Like you could probably swing a kettle bell longer than me but your lifts are more than likely novice teir even after what you've been doing. How confident would you be if you had to pick up and carry a guy 80 lbs heavier than you because he got shot for example. I know that situation is not the same exact thing as squatting but if you can squat 4pl8 as opposed to 1pl8 you'd orobabky have an easier time. I digress, if you like the kettlebell work out then carry on, if not then start SS

>I usually just get on pol and v
Could have just told us you were from Reddit.

>using the fedora bell

hahahahahaha fucking faggot ass chump, go fuck yourself stupid prick hahahahahahaha

most of Veeky Forums is armchair athletes, or emotionally challenged men-children.

They're so afraid of being confused with crossfitters that they will diss anything kettlebell related while every fighting gym, football PT coach and not to mention the russian military, have made it a staple of training.

to answer your question, kettlebells are great, but you are obviously limiting yourself compared to a full gym. My two cents, check out gyms that train fighters and/or prepare candidates for military/police exams. You'll be sure to find all flavours of kettlebells there, and for the price of two heavy kettlebells you'll get a one year membership.

Congrats on sticking to a routine by yourself at home, I find the gym makes motivaion way easier. I'm curious about what kettlebell only training produces as results.

What are your stats? height, weight, bf, diet?

youtube.com/watch?v=6AdkLYLm-c0

Not sure about body fat but 5'9 175-185lbs non bulking. I eat a lot of steak and chicken with rice, literally everyday and I usually only eat two full meals a day with lots of snacking. Oh and I'm 32. I went from 140lbs to 175-185lbs in 4 years. Its still hard for me to put on weight even at 32, I thought I would grow out of it by now. As for the motivation thing, I watch a movie to distract me from the suck near the end of the workout. Also I drink a redbull and eat a protien bar while I work out, sometimes butter coffee instead of redbull. I try not to drink any soda type drinks besides redbull when I work out. Not sure if thats bad or not.

>Kettlebells are a retarded meme

Kettlebells have never been a meme on here.

GOMAD is a meme
SS is a meme
SL is a meme
Keto is a meme
Water fasting is a meme
No fap is a meme
Intermittent fasting is a meme

Kettlebells are not a meme though

Kettlebells are great, but they should be treated as an accessory, not your main workout.

If you don't believe me, buy a 40kg kettlebell, and do a load of swings intermittently throughout the day, maybe 20 every time you walk past it on the floor or something, and watch how much your squats and deadlifts improve.

Could you link/detail this spartan workout please?

What's the heaviest KB you currently use? I've working with a 24kg one for a few months now and looking to increase but feel a 32kg may be a bit too much.

RRRREEEEEEAAAAAADDDD THE FUCKING STICKYYYYYYYY
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ducktape and add 2x2kg weight at the bottom (or smaller increments)

thnx joe rogan

>duct tape weights onto an object designed to be swung around

Sounds totally safe

>the Spartan workout

Should I know what this is...?

You know, the classic exercise routine that the Spartans did, with the kettlebells they're known for