Does Veeky Forums juice? Is it a meme?

Does Veeky Forums juice? Is it a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5lutHF5HhVA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes, just eat the fucking vegetables. The only people who juice shit have the palette of a fucking child.

I have some issues with my teeth, i can't eat vegetables unless they are boiled soft. should i juice or blend some vegetables??

Juicing is a meme, but those blenders are handy for mixing protein shakes and eggs for omelettes.

Juicing is bad because let's say you juice 8 oranges to get a glass of orange juice.

Human body ain't set up to handle the sugar of 8 oranges in one go, you get a massive sugar boost which isn't good obviously.

Just eat an orange or water that shit down.

Sure why not, but buy an actual fucking blender. A decent breville or kitchen aid. Upside down blenders are fucking stupid.

I juice broccoil, carrots, celery, and other vegetables every day. It makes a nice tasty drink every morning

>Juicing is bad
Juicing fruit is bad, I mean to say

>Human body ain't set up to handle the sugar of 8 oranges in one go, you get a massive sugar boost which isn't good obviously.

wew

kys

I want to do this, but add fruits and whey

It's better just to chew vegges until they're juicy, because digestion starts in the mouth and the more you chew the more it can break down.

>juicing

youtube.com/watch?v=5lutHF5HhVA

Never wanted to bring this up on Veeky Forums but yeah I juice nearly every day

Gained 30kg in 4 years I blew out bad, nearly got discharged for my weight issue.

Saw Fat Sick and Nearly Dead, juiced hard (every meal, no solids, bulk water and no fizzy/ coffee) for a month and dropped 13kg

Thought fuck it lets keep the ball rolling, started eating clean breakfast usually egg whites and clean meat for lunch

Dinner is usually ALWAYS juice or whey if i've just lifted. Either way juicing helped me get my shit together and find a new appreciation for vegetables (fuck fruit). I found the first 4 days of juicing is a nightmare, intense withdrawals from coffee, carbs etc and you stop shitting for about 5 days then you discover there were things inside your bowels you didnt even know were there.

I'm still juicing my dinners purely to minimize my caloric intake after lunch so when I finish at the gym around 9pm I'm pretty devoid of energy and ready for a solid 8hrs of recovery.

To anyone curious about juicing I'd highly recommend watching the movie Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead - hardcore juicing isnt meant to be a long lasting thing its a reboot of your system for people who have treated their bodies like shit the way I did. Do it for a month and you will feel tops, and use it to change your eating habits (looking at fellow fat cunts wanting to drop some serious kilos).

do you have any recipes?

>Human body ain't set up to handle the sugar of 8 oranges in one go, you get a massive sugar boost which isn't good obviously.

Can someone say something intelligent about this? Is it correct? Is it wrong?

I'll add an apple so it tastes good, but I want to get all the nutrients I need in a few gulps

I forgot to mention one thing about juicing the way I did it in line with this movie - MINIMAL FRUIT

The whole idea is based on a 70-30 / 80-20 split of vegetables to fruit so for one whole days juice you'd only use say one apple, half an orange and a lime.

Leafy green vegetables are a staple, kale and silverbeet spinach taste like a jock strap you left in your gym bag for a week and forgot to wash - but lime makes everything better.

Internet helped me find great combinations using the following: kale, spinach, cucumber, capsicum (bell pepper for you americunts), celery, beetroot, lime, ginger, garlic, carrot, apple, orange and anything that isnt potato.

Different vegetables marry pretty well flavour wise and at first it all tastes like tangy donkey piss but after a few days you get used to the different vegetables your cramming into your gullet.

I got bored and started adding different spices to mine like paprika or fresh chili when I was sick but again - try it for two week intervals don't go balls to the wall or you WILL hate everyone and everything in your life. (Quitting 7 years of smoking was easier than this BS)

Same here. Saw the documentary, but that wasn't my reason. I personally want to see if I change my macros, but not my total calories, what would happen. Staying at 2700 calories, my old ratios were around 40/35/25 (carb/protein/fat/). I'm currently at 70/15/15 and have lost fat vs not losing anything before on my old ratios. Strength has not gone down. Dandruff has decreased. Joint pains have decreased. Energy is up without use of caffeine or any thermognenics. Libido shot up. Morning phlegm is gone. Depression has decreased. Positive aggression has increased. I still eat animal products. But decreased their intake substantiallly. After this last canister of whey, I'm no longer buying supps anymore outside of vitamins and green vibrance.

These results are invidual, so please don't think this will work for you. I'm about 187lbs, 5'10. I strength train 4x a week using a push/pull scheme that also incorporates leg movements. I alternate between low rep/high weight and low weight/higher rep. My lifts have never been impressive. But way above the normie for sure. At the moment I use the elliptical for long steady state cardio. Been nursing Achilles tendinitis for a while. But the inflammation has really decreased in the past two months I'm going back to kick boxing soon.

I've got shitloads, I shelled out on a $15 dollar app which has a buttload of recipes and a simple shopping list of click and all quantities are added for me, heres my staple day to day juice.

>3 whole silverbeet leaves (stems removed, that shit it bitter)
>3 kale leaves (stems removed, also bitter)
>2 celery ribs (no leaves)
>2 carrots
>4 inch cucumber (its a good filler)
>1/3 of a capsicum
>half a lime (peeled and pith free)
>half an apple
>half an orange

The internet has shitloads but google the movie my friend, opened my eyes.

Is magic bullet actually nice or is it a tv meme?

Are there some better mixers? I want something that doesn't take so much space on the shelf.

It is correct, by most explanations.

Evolutionarily, there has never been a time (except last 4ish generations) where humans have had access to unlimited shredded, liquified fruit. You're basically mainlining an unprecedented amount of liquid glucose when you drink juice. your body has to produce insulin faster and in greater quantity than it really would ever need to if you just ate real fucking food. This is a major stress on the body like any other artificially induced hormonal cascade, and while not a literal poison, should probably be avoided.

juice is just soda, minus phosphorous

Yeah, there's a /fraud/ thread pretty much all the time.

Okay. In my daily protein shake i usually add 1 banana (typically around 100-130g) and 100g of mixed berries/fruit (typically strawberry, apple, pinaple, etc) together with oats, milk and protein powder.

That is like around 200g total of fruit and berries. Then there is some sugar in the milk. Is this to much?

Maybe a little. I'm sure its within the norm for bulking, but really just think: are the berries going to build muscle? No, not at all. And if there's any risk that its going to fuck up your insulin, you might as well substitute those calories for some kind of protein. I like bananas though and they have lots of potassium for reenergizing.

On the other hand if cutting, most all of the healthiest, swolest people I know are doing keto/ ultra low carb for that

Aight!

I have actually been feeling like absolute shit lately and i swear my bodyfat has gone up, (which it should because i am bulking but it happened right as i started making these shakes so who knows)

> but really just think: are the berries going to build muscle?
I thought it was healthy as shit because of all the micronutrient thats in them. And they make the shake taste real fucking good.

What if i reduce it down to having just1 banana per shake OR 50-75g of berry mix?

Then the shake would be
500g whole milk
100g oats
40g protein powder
1 spoon peanut butter
1 banana or 50/75g of frozen berries etc

This shake is 1000ckal and makes it easier getting my calories in.

Any links or anything on this? What is to much and what is safe?

>fry your veggies with minimal grease
>add taco seasoning
>Delicious as fuck and basically same amount of calories than if microed or boiled

What's the app?

You can use water instead of oil (1 tbs at a time) to keep things from sticking to stainless pans. Helps cut out some unnecessary oils (that most people don't account for in their calorie counting)

how much water do you put in

Most likely it's shit, why risk it just yourself a tried and true kitchen aid blender.

Juicing is stupid because it discards a lot of good nutrition.

Use a blender and drink liquefied vegetables. It's a lot easier than eating 8-10 servings.

I have a nutri ninja and I like it. It is much less expensive than standard blenders ($60 vs a couple hundred) and does the job for me

>Achilles tendonitis
I had this too it fucking sucks

Juicing and blending are different. Juicing discards the solid parts of the fruit/vegetable.

Blending is just an easy way to eat vegetables. I would never sit and eat 220g of spinach, but I drink 220g of spinach every day.

-500ml bottled water.
-220g fresh spinach
-140g frozen blueberries
-140g frozen pineapple
-1 fresh banana

I drink this every day. It helped cure my depression.

>-140g frozen blueberries
>-140g frozen pineapple
>-1 fresh banana
Enjoy your diabetus

That other guy doesn't know what he's talking about. Berries are healthy, the darker the berry the better. You can eat berries as much as you like. Fruits are the real fructose bombs. Milk and the protein powder are the least healthy items in your shake. Banana also kinda useless and has lots of fructose (sugar) in it. Maybe cut the banana out. Keep the berries for vitamin and amino acid gains.

I don't juice but drink liquified veggies daily. Usually raw broccoli, kale and celery. Tastes like ass but an easy and convenient way to eat enough veggies.

I've done it for so long that I can't tell if there has been any effect on me. I've always had a pretty healthy diet anyway.

whats the difference

He literally told you. Juicing removes the pulp. blending retains it.

Both are dumb and do not taste good.

the leftover pulp is just fiber. it's healthy but practically all of the nutrients are gone.

Why would you discard the fiber... Just eat the fucking pulp

I do, mix it with eggs and make an omelette. just saying all of the nutrients go into the juice

That's only 3 servings of fruit.

>mix it with eggs and make an omelette

That sounds disgusting. And you are wrong about that. All that goes into the juice is the sugar.

dude that's nothing... Mr. Paleo sure has been busy brainwashing you

Thoughts on this as a skelly? 60kg 6'1

Also I assume you wouldn't continue lifting while on a 100% jooc diet?

I drink juice everyday, just blend 1-2 orange depending on the size, 1 apple and sometimes 1 banana with ice and later i mix it with a couple scoops of oats and some cinnamon

But you are blending them at eating the at once, like a shot of alcohol. The body cant handle all that sugar at once.

well yeah but if you consider that cyclists and runners get cramps/stitches etc if they ingest too much food at once, that makes your point entirely moot since that's effectively the same thing you're talking about

>All that goes into the juice is the sugar.
nutrients in fruits and vegetables are water soluble, which means they're contained in the juice. Juicing doesn't mean you have to use excessively sweet produce, in fact the high fructose fruits are usually the less nutritious ones.

No. The point is that so much sugar in liquid form spikes blood sugar and insulin and its unhealthy and can mess up all kinds of shit in your body.

I regularly put 100g of sugar in with a bottle of water when I go out cycling or before going running and it makes me fly. Athletes literally ingest pure sugar in the form of gels to keep glucose levels up since that's mostly what your body runs off of. Sugar is not a bad thing, it's how any feat of endurance has ever been accomplished

Are you a high performance athlete that literally needs pure sugar in order to stop collapsing user?

then juice FUCKING vegetables u damn fucktard! ur not supposed to juice 10 bananas every time! u can juice fucking celery, tomatoes, aspargus, spinach, zucchini, cucumber, broccoli, cauliflower and u fucking name it! get a fucking brain u piece of shit!
yes i'm mad, fuck u stupid fuck

lol
Read dr Michael colgans optimum sports nutrition since you believe this. Not mocking you. Just making you aware sugar isn't as bad it you make it appear.

Okay. Thanks. I do appreciate your information.

And i am literally laughing out loud from this. Sorry i made you mad and thanks for the laugh.

Have a good day

I have kale,blueberries, strawberries,banana, and a cup of quick oats every morning with my breakfast.

>being too much of a pussy to eat a damn plant
>thinks juicing fruit is healthier than sodie pop
>drinks kale smoothies with orange juice and water melon plethoras
>expects to make it

Enjoy when your pancreas and liver shut down

Sounds like an easy way to get diabeetus

>pulls shit out of his ass, blends it and then spews it on this board

enjoy your bro science brofessor brobert bromonov

When I can't get in enough calories from whole plant foods then it's an easy way to supplement carbs. Anyone who takes endurance sports seriously will tell you the same thing

yeah fucker. eating shit ton of milk bacon ham beef and white bread definately WON'T get u the beetus, but JUICING some fucking veggies and fruits will!

fucking murica logic

>getting rid of the fibre, one of the main benefits of eating vegetables

you sure are a special bunch

yeah thats exactly you stupid euroshit
maybe if you weren't too poor to afford food you'd know this

are... are you actually this stupid?

I'm sorry that you're not allowed to eat pork because your Sharia Patrols forbid it

>Be starving Hunter/Gatherer
>Tree/bush/vine near you us bearing fruit
>Fucking gorge yourself with grapes/cherries/whatever while the getting is good
It might not be liquid, but I bet humans have slammed lots of sugary fruit all at once many times

Most berries don't have very much sugar. One cup of berries typically has 5-15 grams of sugar (and an equal amount of fiber). You don't need to eat multiple cups of berries if you're doing keto, but overall berries aren't really comparable to other fruits (bananas, apples, etc) in terms of sugar content.

100g raspberry has 3 grams sugar.

wow ur fucking stupid as fuck