At what bodyfat you recognize abs muscles?

And what routine should I stick in?

Other urls found in this thread:

symmetricstrength.com/calculator/ideal_bodyweight
symmetricstrength.com/calculator/tdee
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

25% for some, 15% for others

25? What the hell? How?

-55,7%

By having large muscles user, real tough concept to grasp, I know.

>25% for some
confirmed retard

around 15% is generally where its at.

But what routine should I stick in?

tell me your height, weight and 5RM in Bench Press, Deadlift, OHP, Squat and Chin up

and I'll tell you how much you have to lose.

Read the sticky.

12% for most people

Usually the more muscular you are the easier it is to see your abs.
If you are not massively muscular, you're gonna have a really hard time getting any definition untill you hit 10% of low 10's of percentage bodyfat.

literally any program with ab work in it. just eat clean and make sure you're staying ahead of the amount of calories you eat.

Depends on where you body tends to store fat and ab development. For most people around 15%. Some have to go down to 12-13% for decent abs. For example if your body tends to store fat on the stomach and hits you need to get leaner than someone who stores fat more evenly - how you store fat is genetic.

Obliques don't show that well until sub 10%.

Which abs workouts would you recommend?

Im at about 16% now and cant see shit.

I can feel them a lot better now than I could at 20%, and have started fondling them while masturbating, but visually? nothing.

At like 20% I can see mine in good lighting. I lose alot of fat from my stomach when I start cutting, but I hold onto the fat around my low back and waist giving me this awful womanly shape until I get down to around 15 or 12%

Not op but 6'3" 220 pounds. Bp: 95 at 5. Squats: 145 at 5. Ohp: 60 at 5. Deadlift: 195 at 9. Barbell row: 95 at 5

I'm at around 18% and they're sort of visible. They seem to look basically the same as when I was around 15%

>183 cm
>~100 kg
>43 kg 5RM in Bench Press
>65 kg 5RM in Squat
>27 kg 5RM in OHP
>88 kg 9RM in Deadlift

You're at untrained level and obese. At that strength level you'd need to lose at least 22 kg (~49 merrican weight units) to get at a decent bf%

I'm not technically obese anymore but I might as well be lol. What do you think about me losing 20 to 30 pounds and then going on a high protein diet in hopes of cutting fat ans gaining muscle?

to get visible abs (~15 % bf) at 89 kg * 183 cm you'd need to reach something really next to your maximum muscular potential ( symmetricstrength.com/calculator/ideal_bodyweight )
your first goal should be to lose at least 18 kg (~ 39 merrican weight units) whilst you reach at least a novice strength level.
Caloric restriction and physical exercise is all you need. Install MFP and don't eat anything above your caloric goal (no more than 2300 kcal/day and not less than 1600 kcal/day ; symmetricstrength.com/calculator/tdee , always use bed-ridden settings). Don't insert in your mouth anything you didn't insert in MFP as well. Don't overthink about the protein intake, there's no need to think about it now. Count religiously your calories and do at least some cardio every day.

How to measure bodyfat% btw?

pinching or dexa scans or "look at the mirror and guess"

Ive been losing weight man i started out at 260 pounds. I am just thinking about what I will have to do to get to where I want. I lift 6 times a week with a ppl routine and do like 5 min cardio after each workout. Should i do more cardio in the day?

You're doing good, if you stick to a sane, healthy program to lose weight (1 kg/week max) it will take you at least all summer; the only issue is if you want to stick to it or if you'll quit early.
Reduce the "cardio" at the beginning of your workout to 2 minutes or better replace it entirely with "core" bodyweight exercises. Place eventually some "cardio" at the end of your training session, min 10 minutes. Btw, 5/10 minutes is not really "cardio"; when placed in front of a weightlifting session it's a "warm-up" (but not to be confused with proper warm-ups usually placed before compounds lifts, like "squat with an empty bar" before squatting).
To do "cardio" you'd need at least 30 minutes. Place it on your rest day or in the morning, anyway put at least a meal and few hours between your cardio session and your weight training.

>at the beginning
I misread, you're already doing it after your workout. Well, the rest of the post still stand.

Ok. I figured I will hit 200 in a month and a half because ive really started to drop weight these last couple of weeks. I will probably end up cutting down to 190 or 180

Says guy with no abs

8-12%, depending on you muscle mass

You may be not have abs at all. Like there are cat persons, dog persons or no-abs persons.

>pretty sure I am at 20% or so
>can somewhat see my top 4 abs
First time seeing anything resembling abs in my life on my own body.

5'6, 165lbs
225x5 bench
365x5 dl
135x5 ohp
295x5 squat
idk chin ups

Pls do me
In lbs

5'7, 150 lbs
OHP 120 3x5
Bench 175 3x5
Squat 230 3x5 had to stop these for a couple of months, only recently got back into them
Deadlift 235 1x5, formerly 315 1x3 but, like the squats, I had to stop for a couple of months and only recently got back into it

Women

>~168 cm
>74 kg
>Bench press: 102 kg 5RM
>Deadlift: 165.5 kg 5RM
>OHP: 61 kg 5RM
>Squat: 133 kg 5RM

"Proficient manlet"-tier , your abs should be showing for sure if you lose max 5 kg (11 merrican weight units)

>~170 cm
>68 kg
>Bench press: 79 kg 5RM
>Deadlift: 106 kg 5RM
>OHP: 54 kg 5RM
>Squat: 104 5RM

"Pretty tapered intermediate manlet"-tier, your abs should be at least somehow showing already; if not rather than losing weight focus on abs exercises (planks, dragon flags, ab wheel and the like). If this is your case, working out your core will have beneficial effects on your compound lifts (deadlifts and squats above all)

Second manlet here, thanks bud. Indeed the top 4 are somewhat showing at this point, especially in decent lighting. I've still got a pouch of fat though. I currently incorporate cable crunches and the ab wheel into my routine, do them every other day. I've heard it is fine to do them every workout though, is this true?

fucc these "abs" look exactly like mine ....

You could definitely incorporate core exercises in every working session, abs and obliques don't fall in the push/pull logic nor in the same volume logic of the other muscle groups. I'm not really a fan of crunches in general; planks, hanging leg raises, dragon flags would work better. There are multiple variations of all these exercises for any strength level, for example if planks are too easy you could raise your legs on a stepper and then eventually add weights; if hanging leg raises are too hard keep your knees flexed; and so on and so forth