WHY ARE PARENTS SO UNAWARE AND STUPID ABOUT HEALTH AND DIET

> Have parents who know nothing about fitness or diet.
> Carby and unhealthy fried food for breakfast, lunch , dinner
> Start eating eggs and meat for protons
> Step-Mom vegetarian since birth
> Calls me out on eating eggs and meat, says I will get I'll I'll and fat
> Step-Mom is type 2 diabetic lol
> Explain her I need protein
> Still insist that I am eating unhealthy
> Later on that week get high fever
> "See I told you user you will get ill. Now start eating normal food I mean gym is your hobby right not your carrier right"
>Tell her it's not my diet and fever has nothing to it and I won't gain muscle if my diet ain't right
> Doesn't listen and keep on saying how unhealthy I am eating
> One day I finally had enough and said I ain't changing my diet and how she is type 2 diabetic from eating shit food all the time.
> Never says anything about my diet again

> Later on that month
> Bring in tub of protein powder
> Father sees it
> user WHY ARE YOU TAKING STEROIDS YOU WILL KILL YOURSELF
> Say him " Yes I am taking double rich chocolate flavoured steroid"
> Father realises that it's a supplement
> SUPPLEMENTS ARE DANGEROUS YOU ARE GOING TO KILL YOURSELF YOU WILL GET ADDICTED ARE YOU CRAZY ARE YOU OUT OFF YO MIND
> Say it's made from milk and is harmless and I am taking it for protein
> WHAT PROTEIN?? PROTEIN IS IN EVERYTHING GET PROTEIN FROM FOOD WHY CAN'T YOU EAT LIKE A NORMAL PERSON
> Get pissed
> Father is obese since I was a child
> Call him out for being so fat and having high blood pressure and then telling me what to eat
> Father is now silent and leaves
> Before leaving he says " I am not that far"
> Igotabadnews.jpeg
> Deep down feel sad for doing this

> Fast forward to today
> Having a running nose
> Parents see that I have a running nose
> "You said you were eating healthy what happened now huh??"
> Rage.jpg

Tell how your parents reacted to you going to gym and changing your eating habits

Apparently my mothers uncle died from taking creatine, so she was against it. (Creatine gives you hart attacks if you guys didn't know.)

my dad is about 300lb, and always gas some comment on what I eat. I eat clean most of the time sothat when I eat with them I can cheat a bit since I know they eat deep fried shit all the time. so if they make deep fried chicken and chips, id eat just the chicken and no chips, since at least I get some protien. and he wont let it go that I weigh my food at home, and check ingredients of food.
>user, why are you eating the deep friend chicken, but not the chips? are you dieting or not?
>If you are eating healthy, why are you eating butter on your bread?
>[sees me putting a big piece of chicken back and taking a smaller one]
>lol user, should I go get the scale, do you want to weight the chicken? lol
>why are you eating a scoop of ice cream user, arnt you on a diet?
>lol, should I get the recipe of this so that you can see what the ingredients are lol

Hes tried eating healthy, he once ate only about 800cal and he still gained weight, its mystery (or maybe its the 2800cal of beer he drinks while dieting).

My mother has a PhD in mom science.
>does Weight Watchers for one to three months at a time, usually after going to her annual doctor's appointment
>then gives up after a single bad weigh-in
>I'm fat because I wasn't eating enough!
>says counting calories doesn't work even though I've lost 30+lbs doing just that
>You'll never be itty-bitty like your sister or your father, it's just not in our GENES
>ask her to pick up kale chips from the store if she sees them, buys green-colored tortilla chips instead (she knows what kale looks like)
>tell her that I don't appreciate having the pantry full of Doritos and cookies because it makes eating right very difficult for me, her only advice is "just don't eat them" yeah bitch like how you "just" didn't eat an entire box of MY Easter candy and then didn't replace it
>gets offended when I tell her "just eat less" when she complains about her weight
>cried once because we had to walk up three flights of stairs in a museum and everyone else could do it without stopping at each landing
also
>pack-a-day smoker

I already love this thread.

"Via 9gag.com"

Yeah... not reading that

Wow Dude, why are you an asshole with the only people that love you?

I only started eating healthy after I left the house so my parents don't give me shit about it. They never taught me anything about eating healthy though. I had to get all my info from some shady Nigerian ouija enthusiast forum.

They really need to teach this shit at schools.

>family is a bunch of fat fucks
>got sick of being a fat fuck, would
occasionally visit Veeky Forums for laughs
>decide to take it seriously
>started cooking for myself
>dropped the weight
>family staged an intervention, wanted me to see a psych for anorexia
>keep loosing down to 65kg from 110 over a year and a bit
>start bulking
>chicken and rice, chicken and rice, chicken and rice
>constant complaining that i'm hurting myself and that supplements are poison
>basically force me to see a psych at the threat of kicking me out
>psych is a pretty cool guy, we talk and he understands what's going on
>keep bulking, have to drink protein shakes in private and hide all my supplements in my room
>i was 85kg when i moved out
>went to see my parents this summer at their barbecue/sprinkler/pool party thing they do every year
>everyone was fucking mirin
>felt good man

being out of there was the best thing i ever did for myself

My parents have both been really supportive of me trying to eat better and lifting, glad they're not that stupid. One thing that annoys me is my dad adamantly swears that squats are bad for your knees if you go past 120 degrees (which isn't even parallel), but for some reason leg press is safer.

>be obese, 215 pounds
>decide to finally get my life together and lose weight
>about halfway to my goal weight, now 180 pounds
>mom and dad insist that I am too thin and am starving myself
>still overweight by at least 20 pounds

Why do parents do this? Are Americans just so conditioned to obese fatasses that we immediately assume someone who is "just" overweight is now thin?

Unless you are Asian, literally everyone in the US is fat.

We don't think about you at all.

Lmao the US is getting increasingly smaller on average due to the Mexican and Asian immigration.

>buying cottage cheese for me and mom
>her is 9% fat
>mine is 0
>mine tastes way better
I'm surprised.

Americans cheat by estatting statistics without non-whites despite being close to half brown at this point

t. Amerigan

Luckily I have family in Denmark and Germany, I'm only second generation, so I'm getting the fuck out of brown town and then heading to Estonia or Lithuania

As soon as my parents hit fifty they started eating like middle schoolers

>only eat yogurt with 30 grams of sugar
>buy boxes of frosted flakes and lucky charms
>dinner is always stuff like hamburgers, pizza or spaghetti
>eat entire family size bags of chips within two days, constantly find candy wrappers in trash bin

>mom is overweight not obese, sadly normal mom weight in America
>dad is obese, not morbidly so, got a wake up call when doctor said his cholesterol is high
>be me, skinny flamboyant gay kid
>exclusively eat lean meats, brown rice, good greens and shit
>parents eat healthy when i cook, because i only make curries and shit
>dad keeping a consistent diet for the first time in his life
>mom snacking less, getting into dad's diet
>tfw I got my dad to repeat "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" and "a minute on the lips, a lifetime on the hips" as his diet mantras

Dad is a cardiologist and a cardiofag, just told me to be careful with the joints and to not forget cardio since he gets tons of muscle monsters as patients that can't run 5 min on a threadmill.

Mom has a Thyreoid problem, is slightly overweight due to it, was really happy she now had a diet friend and someone to teach her about food since she was really poor and never even finished school, teached me how to make my Veeky Forums dishes and recipes, makes food to me based on my diet when i don't have time to cook

Feels good having a nice family senpai, love them

How about everyone in this thread either fucks off for being underage, or moves out of their parents' house? Problem solved.

I'm 23 and in my country parents actually like their kids, so they let you stay as long as you need in order to help you succeed as much as possible and be a part of your life

It's one of the reasons Family units are so strong here, fag.

>> Carby and unhealthy fried food for breakfast, lunch , dinner
nigga a calorie is a calorie

Lel your parents are totally helping you succeed by making you the local loser without any independence, reliant on mummy and daddy until you're 30 for housing and probably washing and cooking too.

Gotta hand it to your family there m8. That is some epic fucking dad- and aunt-mode trolling.

Wouldn't you do the exact same thing to your stupid little brat kid?

I definitely would, although I wouldn't be fat I would be ripped as fuck while trolling you.

>Leg press

I have a floating patella so that shit is snap city, I literally only have squats and other barbell shit. Can't use any other machine/weights really.

be nice to your dad

>WHAT PROTEIN?? PROTEIN IS IN EVERYTHING GET PROTEIN FROM FOOD WHY CAN'T YOU EAT LIKE A NORMAL PERSON
He's right tho, you fell for supplement jew.

You just nod your head along with their momscience OP and keep making gains, actively conflicting with them over it's pointless

>living with your parents
It's >18 here, pal.

>tfw I got my dad to repeat "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" and "a minute on the lips, a lifetime on the hips" as his diet mantras
>be me, skinny flamboyant gay kid
Yeah faggot we can tell you're gay

>be me
>skelly manlet
>5' 10'' 130lbs
>signed up to gym on the start of the year because why the fuck not
>started eating clean and cooking for myself
>cut soda, only drink water
>now 160lbs
>mom says i am "too big" and wants me to stop going to gym
>my target is 190lbs
>mfw

stop disrespecting your parents you little brat

he just said it's normal in his country, american retard, he wont be "the local loser"

>dad tells me to do cardio in addition to lifting
Fucking gains goblin I swear

Whey is like half the cost of chicken you nigger

>mom is slighly overweight
>same with father
>neithertheless eat bretty healthy, no deep fried shit, just your traditional polish food
>start going to the gym in october
>take "diet" semi-seriously in March
>get a little bit bigger, but still DYEL af
>Start getting some mires
>Mom says i'm becoming too big, and need to focus more on my abs
>Says that my legs are disgustingly big
>Lel, i'm barely 2pl8 wtf are you talking about
>Any kind of "diet" is forbidden
>Even talking about whey or creatine makes her rage and threaten to kick me out of house
>After 4 months i've finally made her allow me to go to the gym more than 3 times a week

Shits kinda hard desu, but i'm fine when i'm bulking. I don't want to think about the shit i'm gonna have to tolerate if i want to cut

Nah, it's just that American blacks are very tall. The combination of American blacks and whites counters the shorter races.

>you need to ask her permission every time you go to the gym

lmao

she still pays for my gym membership. Therefore i'm gratefull to her for that, but still

>inb4 get a job fag
>inb4 underage b&

Not that simple

I was talking about with my mother about yogurt, saying how low fat is still filled with added sugar.
She went
>Better sugar than fat
I have long given up on her, worst thing is she eats like a rabbit, little food and mostly vegetables, goes to gym classes 3 times a week and still has a bigass fat roll on her belly and has the mobility of a wooden log.
But hey, doing some stretching and mobility drills is too hard

Lel it's literally that simple

Lithuania has the best internet in Europe.
And I'm guessing whores arent bad too

>creatine gives you hart attacks
Are you retarded?
>hart
Yes, yes you are

Not everybody lives in third world america where as soon as you become 18 you have the need to get tens of thousands of dollars in debt both for college and housing, while not knowing shit about how to live on your own, and then feeling special for having "life experiences" and "getting wasted", all things that seem so incredible because american kids are completely sheltered

Yes it is that simple loser

I swear the next time my mother utters the words "animal protein" I'll flip her

my whole summer is planned by her, by flying to the grandmother to another country, helping her there etc. And i don't even have the free time to scratch my own ass in the school year. No way i would make it.

Sod off will ya ? It's easy to be like life is so easy, when you live in america, and you don't even have to know the language to get a job. Not that simple here.

HAHA KIDS
WHEN MY PARENTS SAY SOMETHING I DON'T APPROVE I JUST STARE AT THEM
THEY THEN STOP TALKING AND I ALWAYS DO WHAT I WANT

WHY DO YOU GUYS NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS SECRET MAGIC?

Either you're underageb&, or you get the fuck out of your parents home, get a job and make your own decissions, even if it's a 20m^2 shit commie flat.

Fucking millenials are leeches

>creatine gives you hart attacks
you mean chart attack like in mad fast doggo bites?

>live with parents untill say 22 years old, go to the university, take some kind of job that will pay the bills, finish the uni
>gtfo of parents house at 18, spend shitload of time in some shitty low paying job, while trying to still pass the school, while trying to stay fit.

What do you suppose i should chose ? Oh right, I'm going to to chose the latter choice. Because that will make me a man right ? Piss off faget

I CHOSE THE LATTER YOU LITTLE BITCH, STOP BEING A NARCISISTIC LEECH AND GROW UP HOLY FUCKING SHIT! I THOUGHT POLACKS WERE MEN!?
>Yes I'm fucking mad

My mom is a certified personal trainer but I seem to know more about lifting than she does.
She's been working out pretty consistently for maybe a year or more doing basically a bro split. She's talked about how she wants to lose weight and even acknowledges that it's because of her shitty diet. She'll eat garbage food and if I call her out on it, she'll get angry. It's gotten to the point that she's talks about hiring a nutritionist.

How do I get my mom to stop looking dumpy and eat properly?

Wasting your potential is being manly ? Nice going there friendo.

In Europe it is NOT that simple. Not making excuses, that's just how it is

My parents have realised I know considerably more than them when it comes to health and fitness and they're quite supportive but holy shit
>be me
>dad is borderline alcoholic (not abnormal for Britain) drinks like 4-6 cans a night
>also he works manual job so stronger than the average person but he's getting old
>thinks he's invincible

>doing squats outside because I'm lmaopoorfag
>warming up to max
>100kg on bar on rack
>walk away to get more plates
>come back to find drunk dad unracking bar
>realise he's drunk
>NO FUCKING HANDS HES HOLDING IT WITH HIS NECK
>"lmao how much weight is this user"
>O Shit he's shaky as fuck gonna snap his shit up
>NO DAD NO
>"haHahA dOnt think I'll be trying this lmao"
>he shrugs it off his shoulders and dumps it on the rack absolutely pissing himself laughing
Jesus fucking Christ
He does this kind of shit all the time fucking hell

>mother is down about 20 lbs of fat and near pretty good weight for her height, excellent shape for 62, been pushing hard after a long career and a toe surgery.

>dad is still rocking a weird beer stomach at 60, but strong and does cardio often, still active in retirement.

She listens to lifting advice but he still tries to to say that just doing standing lat raises is better than Ohp ever will be for shoulders, while I'm bigger than him. Feels bretty good brews.

What's really interesting about this thread is that the OP is clearly trying to pull himself out of the downward spiral that his parents have been in for decades and that they are trying to drag him down into as well, his parents sound like they have IQs of about 80 or 85 at best, and sadly the OP has a comparable IQ, but is fighting against it, and against them in spite of all of it. I figure it's a coin-flip as to whether or not he succeeds. Much will depend on how close the OP's age is to old enough to move out and live on his own, away from their negative influence.

>implying
It's called integrity, I can't stand the thought of leeching on my parents who've been so kind to me through my childhood.
I feel sad for you, you prioritize shitposting on Veeky Forums and probably playing videogames instead of growing the fuck up.

Tell me, polack-bro, what is stopping you from getting a job on the side? Studying a little bit harder? Throwing in an extra workout sesh each week? Moving out?
Is it because you spend your "free time" doing meaningless shit that doesn't benefit you in any way other than "it feels good" or "It's fun"?

>what is stopping you from getting a job on the side? Studying a little bit harder? Throwing in an extra workout sesh each week? Moving out?
>Is it because you spend your "free time" doing meaningless shit that doesn't benefit you in any way other than "it feels good" or "It's fun"?
Not the guy you're replying to, but this just hit a little too close for me.
Think I'm going for a walk and think about stuff.

M8 I'm avaraging 70+h a week studying. If i were an avarage learner, having avarage grades, avarage courses, in an avarage school, i would've already had my own fucking house. People've got other priorities in life.

I spend my "free time" with books

Sorry you had to hear it from an angry Norwegian on an anime dedicated imagesharing forum.
Media has replaced goals and ambitions, because it's "easier" and "feels better" to kill dat dere boss in Bloodborne than getting your grade or saving up for a car.

Good luck with life, it only gets harder, so you'll have to harden up aswell.

All "parents" have specifically succeeded in passing along their genes to another generation. Everything that they've done in their life has culminated in their progeny, you, and a successful continuation of the bloodline.

From an evolutionary standpoint, things that are "different" pose more of a risk, because they represent a different path than the one your parents took. Your parents were successful in having children doing exactly what they were doing, which is why they want you to live a similar life. Anything else is empirically unproven in being evolutionarily successful. From an unconscious standpoint, they are worried about your biological success, even if their worries unfounded or even wrong.

This is why nostalgia is such a powerful emotion, and why you often remember the good times in detail, and rarely remember the boring time. Your brain is hardwired to encourage decisions which lead to your success.

I'm sure you don't care and just want to complain that your parents are disappointed in you though..

>tfw my parents are both in way better shape and eat better than I do

>Tell how your parents reacted to you going to gym and changing your eating habits
My father was proud of me taking control of my life. My mother insisted that I was losing weight too quickly, and I was going to make myself sick.

This was after about a year of not seeing them, because I am an adult with agency.

What the fuck are you studying that demands 70+h of your week? I studied physics and that only took 40h reading +- lectures if I found them neccesary

If you are (not being an ass here) too stupid for whatever astro-nano-quantum-theory you're studying, get a fucking trade-job, you're obviously not meant to be the next Hawking

>tfw parents aren't very good with food, don't know about calories in, calories out
>give me beef about eating chicken and rice, say I'm not getting enough, even though they mostly eat take out
>meanwhile my grandfather knows I'm lifting, gives me two large bags of protein powder even though I didn't ask for them and said I'd be fine without them

My family's really back and forth on the issue really.

>bought t booster from gnc (I was 15 shut up)
>dad comes into room one day and sees it on my desk
>grabs it and yells at me WHY ARE YOU TAKING STEROIDS
>dad its not-
>I DONT CARE DONT FUCKING LIE TO ME YOURE ON DRUGS I CAN SEE IT
>dad I have the receipt right here, its-
>I DONT CARE
>dad we can look it up on the internet i'll show-
>I DONT CARE

Man am I glad I moved out.

such bait

Right because the Japanese nuclear family structure definitely promotes independent success and happiness instead of deep seeded family resentment, depression, and complacency.

Have fun with that Oedipus Complex instead of starting your own family.

>this entire thread
>high schoolers and losers complaining about living with their parents

lmao

>chips

>avarage

3 AP (i guess you could call them so) languages (german, french, chinese). AP mathematics. AP geography(but that's nothing really) and some other bullshit lessons like polish and stuff.

But the point is I'm really giving it my all here. And then comes some dumb american and says
>uhghugh just get a job or sumthin. Grow up will'ya

Irks the fuck out of me

Oldfag here.

People around you will give you shit nonstop, because by trying to improve yourself, they feel threatened when they think about their own lives and how they don't do shit to improve themselves. You are doing it wrong, you are not suppoused to argue with them, and debate them, and stuff. Just avoid them, say "yeah, maybe you are right", and don't tell them about what you are doing and what are your plans to improve.

>AP classes
>demanding
mods

I learned a phrase here on Veeky Forums: "Crabs in a bucket".
You have a bucket, and there's one crab in it, the crab will climb out, thus avoiding becoming someone's dinner. You have more than one crab in a bucket, and a crab tries to climb out of the bucket? The other crab(s) will keep him from leaving, so they all suffer the same fate (becoming dinner). What the OP (and many people, be it from family or 'friends') is experiencing is "Crabs in a bucket syndrome"; he's trying to better himself, it makes his parents feel like shit, so they discourage him so he remains as miserable as they are.

Pawpaw knows

>AP

>AP
Get the fuck out...

The fuck are your problems ?

Veeky Forums is 18+

My dad tells me to flex all the time ever since i started lifting and he likes to tell his friends i can squat over 300

LITERALLY underageb&

So ? Did you magically deduced my age by me telling you i'm in HS ? I'm halfway through to 19. I've no other idea how to call these classes though. We have no special term for them in poland. There's just more of them, and their are harder than usual.

We have a special term for people taking AP's at the age of 19 though
>special :^)

>halfway through to 19
>still in high school
Sucks to be retarded

>tripfagging shitty advice
piss off you whore

Don't enable their shitty behavior by telling them that they might be right, but don't lash out at them like an autist either.

>AP
>in college
Now that we've determined that you're a highschooler, your opinion is invalid.

>complaining about 1 millennial picking a different life path
Compared to 20 years ago, Milennials have lower rates of alcohol and drug use, teen pregnancy, violent crimes, dropping out of school, non-violent arrests, and abortions. The fact that you feel angry is because you're exposed to more information over social media.

If you want sources, please feel free to visit these institutions websites: The National Institute on Drug Abuse, Center for Disease Control and Prevention, The Guttmacher Institute, National Center for Education Statistics, and the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention

This "me me me" generation juvenoia feeling has been around for literally hundreds of years, and it's a byproduct of your brain's nostalgia evolutionary tendencies.

So piss off, faggot.

Sucks to be retarded indeed. In poland you start HS by the age of 17. I'm there where i'm supposed to be

>if you are not 35+ you have no opinion worth voicing

Sure m8

>Poland starts high school 3 years after the Anglo world
No wonder your people are working as plumbers in the UK.You're not making this better for yourself.

I'm truly sorry that your parents are so foolish.

Please get a job and move out asap so their toxicity and childish naivete doesn't infect you and negatively impact your future life.

>tell her that I don't appreciate having the pantry full of Doritos and cookies because it makes eating right very difficult for me, her only advice is "just don't eat them" yeah bitch like how you "just" didn't eat an entire box of MY Easter candy and then didn't replace it
Fatty detected

Whatever the fuck has that to do with me ? Ad Hominem inti my nationality isn't the brightest way to respond.

Also, It literally doesn't matter because everybody starts university at the same age. Just the matter of names.

>Easter candy
Christ STARVED for a day until he DIED for YOU. Easter is not the time to be eating candy, you kike.

Please, tell me, what age does Poland start university?

Normally between 19 and 20 years

lol

>gym is your hobby right not your carrier right?
Same thing that mom said to me, wtf. She brought that when I told her that I may buy an small scale for food to regulate how much I'm really eating

Everybody ITT sounds underaged or beta as fuck.

An adult would try to help those close to him, especially if they are simply ignorant and using momscience/dadscience.

Stop "calling them out" and try to help your kin, you worthless wastes of DNA.

>Americam who doesn't know what a loving family is, detected