imgur.com/a/5nbmA
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15534426
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I do something similar:
750gr yoghurt drink 580kcal
100gr oats 380 kcal
30gr whey protein 125 kcal
1 banana 70 kcal

that's well over 1000 kcal and I drink that for breakfast ever morning, almost a year straight now

that's why you are a fat fuck

6ft3 and 185, genetics breh

>adding white wine
this just looks like a weeks worth of oily poop

Don't even give him "genetics", it's just calories...

My post workout shake is like 1000+ cal.

t. 6'0 175lb "ectomorph" scum.

Just made this beauty

it's not

It's true though, I eat up to 5000 kcal a day and I'm gaining like 10lbs a year while my gym buddy would gain 10lbs in a week on my diet. A large part of it is genetics, so don't give me that "just calories" cos it's bullshit

You're on the wrong side of this argument. There is no way your buddy would gain 10 more lbs than you in a week if you both ate 5000 kcal a day. Don't buy into the somatype bs.

Is this an app kind sir?

What are you even talking about? I know for a fact that he gains weight by just smelling food. His genetics gave him more fat cells and a low basal metabolic rate, my genetics gave me the opposite. No one in my family is fat, not one person, his mother is like a world war 2 tank. I hope you are trolling cos this is unbelievable

>IMPLYING I HAVE THE MONEY TO BUY MINCED TURKEYS
that does look really good but
turkey is pretty expensive here, do you think there's a decent alternative other than just beef mince?

Here you go lads
imgur.com/a/5nbmA

Chicken mince

i modified my homemade shake
i removed the rice as it makes the shake too thick and it take time to drink and as its just 200 cals and 4g protein, i dont mind

i will now use cereal(wheat), 25g is 187 cals and 10g protein

im going to buy on friday

now my homemade shake will have 1127 cals and 38g protein

What the hell is the difference between a scoop and a cup

that doesn't seem right either. 2 scoops of protein powder is at least 40g of protein, and that's if you use a shitty brand

pic shows 24g in just one scoop

what are you getting at mong

Depends.

1/2 cup of dry oats is 170 kcal
2 cups whole milk is 300 kcal
1 large banana is 120 kcal
1 scoops of whey will be typically be 250 kcal (depends on the brand).

This is 840 kcal. A bit below what is listed, but certainly more than 574.

MD here. You're retarded and wrong. Human BMR doesn't vary that much. It's a variance of a few hundred kcal (adjusted for age and weight) max. He eats more than you think he does, and you eat less than you think you do.

>MD here
>responding to obvious bait
Fuck off dyel.

just wolfram alpha

It's not even obvious bait. There are actually people on this board that are this retarded.

I'd believe it tbqhfampai. It's like chaperoning on a shortbus sometimes in here.

That's pretty funny cos I'm a 1st year master in medicine. I know BMR doesn't vary that much, but BMR is not the entire story. Studies have shown that just fidgeting can burn up to 750 kcal a day. If my BMR is around 2400 kcal and I burn 2000 kcal because I can't sit still and ride my bike to and form town every single day multiple times, and work out every day, then yes I can maintain my weight in spite of eating like a small family. My friend is probably burning 2300 kcal a day, so if he eats 4000 kcal, that's 1300 excess calories every day, or 13.000 excess calories in 10 days. It's generally agreed that for every 3000 excess calories, you will gain 1kg of body weight, so that would be 4.44kg or 9.5lbs... Also, as an MD, that's quite an approach you have to medical arguments.

thanks user

brain surgeon here

ur both fgts

So, a link to these fidgeting studies (plural) mentioned would be in order here since 750 kcal fidgeting is more like literally jumping for a few hours a day.

Alright brain surgeon, what branch of the trigeminal nerve do you avoid in thermocoagulation when you operate on a person with trigeminal neuralgia and why?

>can't afford minced turkey
It's like $3 a pound broke boy

>It's generally agreed that for every 3000 excess calories, you will gain 1kg of body weight

What? It's 3,500 kcal per lb. Not 3,000 kcal per kilo.

The discussion was about BMR, not the effects of exercise on TDEE. "I'm really active, and I burn more calories than my fat friend, wtf genetics???" No fucking shit.

no u

answer my question please

You're basically a glorified professional ass-wiper.

"cup"

Use grams like the rest of the civilized world

I only perform medicine at the other end of the tube. I'm specializing in maxillofacial surgery

quite a bit more expensive elsewhere, obviously

Your boss: "Hey we got a leaky ass in here, bring some extra assrags boys, it's gonna be a long night."

Ok so I don't know if you have access to PubMed, though I assume you do since you are an MD, but here is the PMID: 9880251

Any chance you'd bother to answer your own question from earlier? Kind of interested and too lazy to really search for the answer.

>your boss
I don't think you fully understand how a hospital works and I also don't think you fully understand what I meant when I said "the other end of the tube", and I also don't think you know what a maxillofacial surgeon is

>amerisharts can buy turkey for cheap
obviously its more expensive on the other side of the world fat boy

The answer is the opthalmic nerve, because it gives sensory innervation of the cornea, which -if treated with thermocoagulation in the Gasser ganglion- causes the cornea reflex aka the blink reflex when you have shit in your eyes to be suppressed, which can lead to cornea damage and therefore troubled eye sight

Your boss's boss: "Hey what's this I hear about you not wanting to perform your asswiping services? You think you're too good to rub your assrag inside our patient's assholes?!"

Makes sense, thanks

No problem, always glad to share knowledge. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some leaky assrags to wash. Take care.

I so hope this is the guy that was claiming to be an MD and then got shown a PMID and got scared so he went back to just being a regular idiot

I do a similar shake, but with only 1/3 cup of oats and half a banana. Also, I add 1 tbsp of peanut butter and use ice water instead of milk. Works out to about 660 calories. I drink one before my lift in the morning and one after.

My post-workout shake is something similar.

I use 4 bananas, 200ml of water, two scoops of whey, and a bit of leucine and glutamine. The result is 700-ish ml of a milky-like, not-so-great-tasting (but won't make you vomit either) shake.

I'm a different person and I'm reading the article atm.

Well, there are a few questions raised, which I can't find explained in the paper:

Only 16 "nonobese" volunteers. We can't draw correlations on what type of people are most affected by this NEAT increase based on the data given.

We don't have information on their baseline physical activity (>< they were on a questionnaire confirmed *limited vocational exercise plan during the study). I would like to know if volunteer #5 (with the highest NEAT) is an athlete of sorts forced not to exercise and perhaps they habitually move a whole lot more ("equivalent of strolling 15 minutes an hour every waking hour") than other participants. Although the accelometer averages don't seem to change, it isn't really explained or measured what sort of non-exercise fidgeting is involved.

8-week study so no knowledge of these effects in the long-term based on this.

Interesting paper, regardless.

Deep frying with olive oil wtf

>deep frying
are you stupid or baiting?

Well my argument was that I (lean person) might spend more calories just because I fidget more than my friend. So the fact that a lean person has such high calorie expenditure because of NEAT only further proves my point, although it would've been better with a bigger sample size and multiple groups, but I'm not here to do a full size statistical analysis. Also, I've read more than one article on this, I just can't seem to find the right one, even with a very specified pubmed search builder. Anyway, glad you at least acknowledge that it might have some impact on weight loss and find it interesting. It's good to know that some people still care about studies instead of just regurgitating what they have read on some forum

lol leaky assrag boy tryin to sound smart

I would explain how stupid of a mistake you just made, but you wouldn't understand it

The MD went to get a haircut. You gave the other dude the PMID. All that addresses is that people have different TDEEs based on activity, which nobody has disputed. The discussion at hand was whether or not individuals have huge differences in BMR based on genetics, and I've never seen any research saying that is the case, and there's plenty of research saying that is not the case.

For example: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15534426

This idea that user's fat friend eats far less than him and gets fat, while user eats 6,000 kcal of PIZZA every day and stays thin because of GENETICS is bullshit.

Got a question: can the body even absorb all that protein in one sitting?

Unless you have cystic fibrosis or some other shit where you don't produce enough proteases, you will absorb essentially all of that eventually. Your body is extremely well adapted to absorbing nutrition. The 30 grams per sitting meme is just a myth. You continue absorbing those amino acids for hours after ingestion.

Fair point, but genetics still play some role. I think a larger one than people dare to attribute
Yes. The explanation is long but.. Yes

>on the other side of the world

must be tough britbong

Awesome, thanks user.

WIENER SCHNITZEL

>1127 calories
>only 38g protein
Should be at least 50g at that many calories

You're supposed to butterfly the breasts before beating them

>TFW middle of nowhere Burger
>TFW store does sales on excess 3lb 95% lean minced turkey for $2.75ea
>stock up during sales, pack freezer
>infinite pure protein for < $1/lb

ty user

What kind of food to you make with ground turkey I need ideas

Only if it's made in the USA. Anywhere else it'd be a third of those cals.

essential Veeky Forums recipe

MDs are the most autistic autists around.

>Proof
>This thread

Why the fuck would you eat 5000 calories, the sticky says to eat 500 above TDEE which is going to be peak of 3000

>not using the superior version

That is some really nasty and horrible shit.

>not burning off your tastebuds so you can consume all the calories and leave humanity behind

Jesus Christ this is a bad idea.

i am going to do this tomorrow

That's a lot of oats
>oats
>2 cups of homo milk
>2 scoops of whey
>banana

Equals 930

Anyone have that flourless pancake recipe shit. Ive been wanting to try that

Unless you're snorting caffeine anhydrous get the fuck out of my face

>vegetable protein

>t. guy who doesn't understand how protein is metabolized

t. Dumbass cheapskate vegetarian/vegan who almost certainly doesn't do enough cardio to burn off the absurd amount of carbs/calories he consumes to get his shitty non-meat/dairy protein

I'm actually full DYEL male cardio bunny

edible version

what joghurt drink?

Why did you remove those keys from your keyboard user?

I never caught if you and your friend are the same age, weight, height and body fat %
that would be one thing.
then it depends on your activity, do you do the same type of exercise?
do you both lift weights and/or do cardio?

anyway I dont know if such a narrow and short study with no control over other variables like this guy said can be used as proof of anything

Different people have different TDEE's, based on genetics and more importantly activity

definitely, hormonal reaction to food and exercise, being what I think of when saying "genetics" (ie insulin sensitivity)

I'm more of an almond guy myself

What are some recipes for bulking shakes like 1500+ calories

so you made up different numbers just to contrive?

actually, sometimes bananas are 800cal