Please PLEASE tell me that your wrists will keep growing past 18

Please PLEASE tell me that your wrists will keep growing past 18.

you don't
welcome to auschwitz, herr juden

Confirmed GOAT fingerbang bandit.

Won't taking tons of HGH thicken your bones?

Reviewbrah claws

we'll be fine wristlet bros, will be fine

spooky

ayy lmao

you better hide before the CIA captures you and send you to area 51

yes my dad used to have thin wrists when he was a Veeky Forums basketball player... now he is all swole and his wrists are way bigger

start laying brick and they'll be normal in five years

BUMp

What causes this? What exactly causes stunted growth of joints?

is your dad a hodgetwin?

Build up lower arm strength. Although there's little muscle directly on the little inch or so of your wrist proper just before the hand, you can still build a bit of muscle just below that and get a good tapered look instead of just bone.

For further reference, since your hand and that ring look feminine to me...

Are you skinny like that all around?
You probably need to bulk.

Malnutrition. Have you ever seen a baby or a young child? They have less bone mass than adults typically. Did you know that when people stop eating, eventually they will die? It is interesting, we consume food to provide nutritional support for our bodies.
If you dont eat well and enough in childhood and puberty, how are you supposed to grow bones? Where do you think bone mass comes from, air?
Most of you guys were born to abusive, albeit unwitting parents. They didnt know any better, but they fucked you for life. Raise a kid in a stress free environment, provide good food, lots of physical and mental activity and if your genes arent dogshit, you should come out as a normal human being.

There is a theory called "costly signaling"* that means that if you see someone with high, broad cheekbones (or any "extraordinary" feature), this means that their body had to go through all of this extra "expense" to build and support those cheekbones. And this person has more "reproductive fitness" (better genes). It's a theory that's fairly convincing for a number of our traits (and animal traits too)
This is the biological basis for the frame posting.

But I have to ask, how is this not known? Arent they teaching you this shit in school in the US?

It seems to me there is a general loss of skeletal breadth in first world populations.

What if there is a general lack of percussive stressors (such as hip breadth slimming due to less walking and running) and elevation of endocrinal stressors (caffeine, less and less sleep, interrupted circadian rhythms etc.) leading to a stunting of skeletal breadth, though not necessarily height, leading to the growing presence of tall, but very slim and gracile people.

Wait i have a nice source on that. The reason why the Dutch are tall yet relatively gracile is because they were starved for a few years during WWII. The human body is AMAZINGLY adaptable, so the pregnant women not getting enough food signaled food scarcity to their children, which in term delayed puberty for the young Dutch children of the generation born during the 1940s. With delayed puberty the bones fuse later, which results in an increase in height
Sapolsky: Why Zebras dont get Ulcers

Trying to find the exact reference

Consider a female who is pregnant during a famine. She's not getting enough calories, nor is her fetus. It turns out that during the latter part of pregnancy, a fetus is "learning" about how plentiful food is in that outside world, and a famine winds up "teaching" it that, jeez, there's not a whole lot of food out there, better store every smidgen of it. Something about the metabolism of that fetus shifts permanently, a feature called metabolic "imprinting" or "programming." Forever after, that fetus will be particularly good at storing the food it consumes, at retaining every grain of precious salt from the diet. Forever after,
that fetus develops what has been termed a "thrifty" metabolism.
And what are the consequences of that? Suddenly we find ourselves back in the middle of chapters 3 and 4.
Everything else being equal throughout life, even late in life, that organism is more at risk for hypertension, obesity, adult-onset diabetes, and cardiovascular disease.

Remarkably, things work precisely this way in rats, pigs, and sheep. And humans as well. The most dramatic and most cited example concerns the Dutch Hunger Winter at the end of World War II. The occupying Nazis were being pushed back on all fronts, the Dutch were trying to aid the Allies coming to liberate them, and, as punishment, the Nazis cut off all food transport. For a demarcated season, the Dutch starved.

People consumed less than 1,000 calories a day, were reduced to eating tulip bulbs, and 16,000 people starved to death. Fetuses, going about their lifelong metabolic programming, learned some severe lessons about food availability during that winter of starvation. The
result is a cohort of people with thrifty metabolisms and increased risks of Metabolic syndrome a half-century later.
Seemingly, different aspects of metabolism and physiology get programmed at different points of fetal development.

My wrists are 6", but because Im 180lbs at 5'9, people think I weigh around 200lbs.

The only problem is, I am much weaker than I look. I can only bench 2 plates for 2 despite lifting for years and all kinds of curl, except hammer curl, hurt my wrists.

But how does that work out? There is certainly no scarcity of food in post-war western societies, yes stunting of skeletal breadth seems to becoming more and more prevalent.
>but because Im 180lbs at 5'9, people think I weigh around 200lbs.
Why would they think this? You must either have large frame or a very unfortunate fat distribution. I always get taken for weighing less than I do even though I have small wrists (180mm on 190cm height).

Go to a nursing home and stand behind some old person a chair, then put your hand on their shoulder, they'll think you're the spectre of death come to take them away

Honestly, every Veeky Forumsizen should read that book. Its mostly about stress and what it does to your memory, sleep, development. Written in a very engaging manner, yet scientifical with impeccable references.
I have given the book to three pregnant friends of mine. At least their children will grow up to be healthy adults

I focus mostly on my back and shoulders, so I am wider and thicker than those who weigh more than me.

I'm deleting this post in retrospect because I'm being an annoying faggot.

Well, how were you raised? Did your parents encourage you to play sports as a child and teenager? What food did they give? Did they make sure you slept enough?
You'd be surprised how many parents have no idea what they are doing?

Ignore this retard. Nature + Nurture. What is beyond your control you cant change, so there's no need to waste energy and time and money on it. Again, your body is amazing and if you treat it right over years and decades, it will pay off. But dont delude yourself into thinking you can undo what damage has been done to you during your fetal stages and in childhood

Played sports up until about 14 (switched to music after) ate very well etc.

Did start smoking and drinking coffee early though, somewhat believe the coffee may have done some damage. I reached a tall height but seem to have thin extremities, possibly due to lack of contact sport?

k e k

You didn't understand the point of my shitty post. Any change you can make in your body is exciting. I wasn't offering false promises you fucking faggot.
All your doing is posting discouragement that OP already understands.

Our bodies are insanely complex and I dont think its reasonable to try to pinpoint one exact reason why you turned out the way you did.
There are too many things that go into the equation, and many are beyond our control
Im 5'10, but have bigger wrists than you. I ate well, slept enough, played a rough physical sport until I was 19. My brother did the same, but quit earlier and is less "robust" for a lack of a better word
Death of parents, relentless bullying, abuse will cause inordinate amount of stress, and stress is the fucking devil. Its one of the main reason why kids of wealthy parents are more attractive generally. With wealth there is less stress, higher likelihood of educated parents and thus higher probability they know how to raise a child properly. Transfer (moving to a diff country or city even) is another big stressor. But even air quality in your bed room can make a huge difference, or "how" you sleep. There's no definite answer and a big part is obviously genetic anyways. Nature + nurture, the world isnt black and white and we cant fit everything into neat little categories like the aspies here love to do

How small do your wrists have to be to be a wristlet?

Furthermore, I don't think OP is so bad as long as she(?) makes gains.
Having a thinly-boned body isn't the end of the world even aesthetically.

Sorry, got that wrong. It seemed to me you dismiss the evolutionary biology because it keeps people from improving themselves
Im the biggest proponent of working on you, and try to encourage as many anons as possible.
I always liked Heraclitus quote on this:
>No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man
The cells that constituted your hand as a child are long dead, replaced by other cells. Your body is in a constant state of transformation. It is in your power to affect this transformation. But you need to know what happens and why it does, which is why I get frustrated with the low IQ retards on this board dismissing everything that isnt "u gon make it brah"
depends on your height. Its an INDICATOR, not a death sentence. Maybe you have smaller wrists but your ankle breadth is bigger. Its all just indicative of your bone structure, you need to go to an anthropometrist if you want to know for sure

Okay, thanks

No user, I'm not skinny. I'm not huge either but I definitely have small wrists for a 5'11 male (6 mothercucking inches).

the Nazis really cucked Europe big time by losing

I have wrists about as thin as those in the OP and I spent my childhood and adolescence eating like an anorexic and sleeping five hours a day.

>be me, skinny twig
>do curls with 28 lb dumbbells
>wrists hurt during it

I played 0 sports as a child (probably the biggest reason for my small bone structure), but my dad fed me well and genuinely tried to help me to develop into a strong person (eating good, exercising, etc) but I was too much of a little shit to appreciate his advice. Now I'm fucked for life.

Why didn't that happen to me then?

t. hit puberty at 16 and still a manlet at 21

Wrist and hand size develop through use of your hands. Starts gardening or some shit. Not digit length thought, that is just based of test and is cemented when you're 25.