You can't turn back the clock boys, keep lifting and striving for a better future

You can't turn back the clock boys, keep lifting and striving for a better future

Don't worry about what happened yesterday

I really needed to hear something like that, so thank you so much

I'm slowly realizing this.
I've been dabbling with tarot card readings for the last couple of days and I've been getting really positive signs.
Embracing the future is a good way to escape the past.

You are so right.

I gotta stop hitting the bottle tonight. Forgetting about or complaining about my mistakes fixes nothing.

There is no past my friend
There is only now
When time has passed it is gone, we only remember it in our mind
It doesn't matter
Live to be happy today
So you can be happy tomorrow

>got hit by a car yesterday on my bike
Kinda sorta have to worry

>tfw missed a shower at the gym
I'll make up for it I swear

Thanks

>had an uneventful, plain childhood lacking in all of the stereotypical excitements of youth
>was always stressed from trying to do well in school and be a good boy because lying sack of shit parents and teachers said that hard work was the key to success and happiness in life
>went to college for a STEM subject that I hated because parents were paying for everything and that's what they wanted
>took me five years to get the degree, after failing and retaking many classes and barely getting the minimum GPA required for graduation
>spent the last year since graduation miserable trying to find literally any livable job, but to no avail
>people who never worked anywhere near as hard as me went to school for far easier subjects than me, finished in four years, and have been living life with decent jobs the past two years
>one of my best friends who did terrible in both high school and college is now somehow making over 60k a year while I still live with my parents
>all my hardwork and the sacrifice of my youth was for nothing
>just turned 24 last week

What the fuck is even the point. It isn't fair. Fuck my stupid parents. Fuck every moron who ever said that hard work earns you happiness and the security of a comfortable life. Hard work doesn't get you shit if it's being directed towards something you don't care about.

Any younger guys reading this, take heed. At a certain point in your life, you have to start working solely towards what you and you alone desire, even if that means throwing away the financial or social support you think you need from others. The sacrifice would have been worth it. Wish I had just gotten myself into debt to pay to go to school for what I wanted, then my hard work would have finally earned me what I wanted instead of what everyone else had always told me I needed.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!!!!!!!

Hey buddo, as someone that had parents that were never endorsing his pursuit of higher education, being a shut in throughout his childhood, who went to a STEM program, immediately got a job out of graduation, currently comissioned into their Army and starting medical school at the age of 24:

Fuck you. You piece of shit. Don't blame your parents for how shitty of a person you are. You obviously didn't work hard in college (perhaps not even as hard as "those other kids") because you barely made it through. And you obviously didn't put in the hours to do research and extracurriculars, otherwise your dumb ass would have a job.

Tykes, don't listen to this shit head. I'm we're I am because I worked hard to get here. And I'm going to keep working hard to get myself into even better places. No one wants to be someone like this user, no one wants to be around someone like this user.

>TLDR this user is full of shit, and should be told how awful he is for being this unmotivated in a board filled with motivated people.

Im feeling it hard tonight breh. Thanks for posting this. We're all going to make it

Great post, thanks!

You're an entitled piece of shit. Your life sucks because you suck.

Don't wish things were easier, wish you were better.

Get an internship, network, form some relationships. Get a job in STEM, pay off your debts. If it's that unbearable, go back to school and do what you love. You're 24 FFS, stop acting like you are 49 and divorced.

And most important: Stop being a crybaby shithead, otherwise I feel like my tax dollars are going to somehow have to pay for your douchery.

diff user but how do i into networking if i'm autistic when conversing with people

>parents pay for your tuition and likely living expenses
>rather than make the best of it, barely take an interest and thus fail some courses and barely pass others
>gpa is shit

i mean, you had literally everything laid out in front of you. all you had to do was work at it rather than taking your situation for granted and you would have been able to retire in 15 years and do whatever the fuck you wanted with your life.

t. neet who had mental breakdown and spent most of his teenage and adult years fighting with mental illness and medication issues and is now getting somewhere in life

you also might consider applying in different cities or doing ground work. STEM is hard to get into without experience. those other dudes that landed a job probably did a CO-OP term or something, which if you're in STEM and don't do, makes you a retard

t. also a dude who has a friend with an engineering degree but no experience or motivation so he makes minimum wage

>My ideas for the future cost too much money

I felt ambitious for 5 days. I just ran a deep calculation of my financial situation and it's doubtful in the best possible. I feel like I'm back at square 1 feeling annoyed at the prospect of existing.

What's something you enjoy doing as a hobby? Disc Golf? Biking? Tabletop Games? Volunteering? Join a group of like-minded individuals. It helps with the autism if you have shared relationships.

Most important, are you going to let your autism control your life and prevent you from getting what you want?

I fucking despise most of my retarded engineering colleages as well as my blue collar wage workers, but my drive to get ahead outweighs all the bullshit.

You should consider the same.

Fuck these other anons. I was in the same boat as you, until I went to grad school and had to go into debt myself instead of relying upon my parents to pay it. Super invigorating and grounding. Find something you like to do and go to grad school for it.
>/fit space lawyer

Doesn't have the grades. Learn to read.

thanks man, that helps a lot
this is the first night in a while that I've been optimistic about the future, even though nothing changed since I wasn't yesterday.
I guess we're all in control of our own mindsets

Thanks OP, this user that completely blew it with his oneitis today really needed that.

Gotta get back in the saddle asap, being kept down by bitches and whores is for the weak.

The one thing I can say that's good about a breakup is I re-focus on gains and care about little to nothing else.

Work out
Eat right
Cut weight

Feels good.

Cheers.

Yesterday I went out to the club by myself. Approached 12 girls, got rejected by 12 girls. Feelsbadman. I'm a kv at 23 years old and I'm very ugly.

At least my lifts are going up.

>ugly
>approaching girls in the club by yourself

honestly what did you think was going to happen

blind firing is not helping you "learn game"

I was just tired of watching youtube videos on how to pick up girls so I decided to take action and try it for myself. How else would I learn?

thank you brother

I like your enthusiasm - but focus it in other environments than clubs - especially if you're trying to build confidence.

I had a 2.9 in Liberal Arts out of undergrad. You don't need to have the grades if you can make a story out of it.

Nigger i made 600 dollars yesterday, i ain't worried

thanks annon.

WERE ALL GONNA MAKE IT BRAH!

love this thread so uplifting

Like malls or libraries or something? Thanks user.

Start with stuff you know. If you know what you're talking about, you are already more confident. Get involved in something like a club, group, or volunteering, it is the first step in expanding your social circle. Be the person someone wants to introduce their single lady friend to.

I've fucked more strange using the buddy system (friend of a friend) than random girls in clubs.

What are you interested in?

I had a 2.79 - I'm assuming he had worse than that. You may be right, though.

Fuck you bitterness and hate is all I have.

I would kms immediately if those two feelings lifted.

Please don't. I don't want my tax dollars being used to research and determine why you couldn't Man the fuck up.

I realized this some time ago, just turned 21 today and I feel pretty meh.

>you will never be 19 again

Why live.

Not a disgusting fucking American thank you very much.

On second thought, I think maybe inferiority complexes are worse than suicidal tendencies.

You approached 12 girls

Good for you

>worked hard in high school
>slacked off
>barely do you even graduate

>all my hardwork
Bitch you stopped trying and tried coasting.

>army
lowlife spotted

The easiest way, and most efficient way, to get "ins" is through your school. This means conversing and developing a stronger bond with your professors and department.

I don't mean as in go bowling with everyone: I mean showing them that you're dedicated and in love with the field.

They usually have friends in the industry that will be able to throw you a bone if you're desirable enough.

At least you had the balls to approach them. That counts for a hell of a lot.

>the episode/arc where iketani cucks himself

just feels me up family

Good on you lad. It only gets easier from now.

Me right now. Ahe gave me chlamydia. She said she only sucked this dudes dick for 30 seconds. Bitch, you sucked a dick for 30 seconds then you got chlamydia? Gtfo of here with that shit. Just say you fucked him. Fuck her bros. She was a gains goblin anyways

>Get gf when 13 in high school
>Breaks up with me weeks before 18th birthday
>Texts me months later but I ignore it, texts me again and we meet up and she says it was the worst mistake of her life and she wants to get back together
>I say yes because i missed her
>Years later, finish from top university, get good jobs but not great, finally getting into my stride and been offered a great graduate job
>She meanwhile dropped out and works as a waitress
>No desire to leave our home town so I said i'd pay for her to come with me wherever my new well paidjob took me
>She says no and says it won't be the same
>Months later after dragging it out and being off with me she breaks up with me
>See her less than a month later with a new guy in a shop

Ngl, I find it strange how somebody could be with somebody for over a decade and then within a month have moved on to somebody else.

Part of me is like 'eh she's just gonna waste away as a waitress who couldn't graduate' but that makes me think what has she got going that I don't that even when I've got a good future coming up she'd still rather be with somebody else.

Anyway, thank you for reading.

Yeah 30 seconds a dick each for a country mile...
All girls are gains goblins to some extent or another.

Same experience. You are better off.

Take what you learned from it and make gains in all other aspects.

How did you deal with it?

I'm much better this time but part of me just feels like i was always a back up option and that she doesn't care about how well I'm doing because she was never that into me, I just passed the time for her.

Ah well

Stop thinking about the we and start thinking about the me. Think about the times you are truly happy and uplifted.

My breakthrough was hiking in the Bavarian Alps. I love the mountains and the outdoors. Never dating another girl that doesn't share my passions.

You want someone to grow with you and compliment, not weigh you down with bullshit.

It's strange isn't it? Being a thinking, self-aware entity on this planet..

Thanks mate, appreciated and agreed.

She never liked to go hiking or talk about the worl or whatever, she just cared about the drama that day from her waitressing job.

I am being a bit sour grapes but I guess it's just interesting how you realise when you take a step back how unsuited you can be.

Glad to hear it's going well buddy.

Yea, I've turned to reading a lot from older thinkers and reading their thoughts about life has changed me

Don't worry about the past but don't forget about it either. Learn from your experience.

Girls are going to bitch about their mundane shit, can't get around that. Secret is does she reciprocate and give you some intellectual food sometimes. It's give and take.

All greek philosophers were on drugs m8

I am the opposite. Went and got a degree in something I cared about and found zero job prospects out the gate. Granted, I'd woken up and realized I was fucked halfway through the program, but completed it with the hope I'd be better than those around me. I would give it up for a STEM major in a fucking heartbeat, I have done backbreaking labor that I hated for little pay, I'd do tough work for amazing pay any day. I'm not picking up the pieces and getting a better education, but I sacrificed so much time. I'm the one that always tells my failure friends and gf that they can't ever give up, but I feel the exact same way. If I weren't a dumbass then I could help them now instead of suffering alongside and pretending I'm better. Oh well.

I guess it's good knowing that being miserable is independent of life choices, at least some of them.

Not hard to get back into STEM or Analytics. I'm getting a certificate now and it's a fucking waste. Teach yourself and look for opportunities.

It's simply too much time lost, user. I am going through a program at the moment for an unrelated position as fast as I can, as a family friend has some experience in the field and can help me get a well-paying job. If I could turn back the clock I would move towards engineering, but I can't start my life in my thirties, it should have happened years ago already.

>it should have happened years ago already.

You dumb nigger, did you not read the OP?

I'm not saying it's impossible, just that I can't afford to do it. I've exhausted the goodwill of my family in letting me be a leech for so many years. It is precisely why I'm moving quickly through the program I am, so I can be self-sufficient as soon as possible. I can consider an engineering degree when I'm living alone, in my own home, without continuously relying on others for support.

Union guy at the factory took an NTA, going to night classes, electric theory, controllers, etc. He's near 40. Wife and kids. There's always time.

Yeah like the other guy said the club is the worst place to pick up girls.It is the only place where you should probably just let girls approach you because they are at the peak of egotism there because they have waited all week to put on their best outfit and they are hoping some rich fuck notices them like in the movies.The same girls from the club would give you a better shot in the parking lot of some supermarket or in the mall but they get completely overtaken by that false sense of glamour that is the "nightlife".

But keep trying by yourself as long as you stay safe because thats the best way to do it because with a group of friends there are so many drawbacks(look like a pack of hounds,taking on the vibe your buds put out,competition and jealousy,etc.).

Good man. Stay focused and proactive.

Another good point, go there with friends and have an awesome time ignoring the skanks. They hate being ignored and can't even comprehend that you can be having a great time without them in the picture. I've had a group of good high energy guys having fun that girls would follow us to the next bar trying to get out attention. Fuck them.

I know nobody cares, but I found a way to make it work financially. I want to get a PhD from MIT to leave people who doubted me with nothing to say.

Pretty fucking bold, user. But if you're crazy enough to voice it out loud, you just might be crazy enough to follow through and make it happen.

I hope that's the case!

its only a matter of time before time travel is discovered

Time doesn't exist

You misunderstand what time actually is

"What has been exists no more; and exists just as little as that which has never been. But everything that exists has been in the next moment. Hence something belonging to the present, however unimportant it may be, is superior to something important belonging to the past; this is because the former is a reality and related to the latter as something is to nothing. "

>when you get older, you will wish you could go back and did better

my parents, friend's parents, and 3rd grade teacher said this. I never knew the real significance of this sentence until it was too late. All I can do is try to keep pushing forward now

How old are you?

I wanted to go back as well, but with hard work and understanding I came to the conclusion that you really can never go back and shouldn't be stuck in a loop remembering the things you wished you changed. those events are what we remember on our death beds not every week thinking about how you would have done things differently but you don't do anything to change your life now..