My doctor told me not to lift anything what could damage my back, so I didn't do squats, deadlift, ohp...

My doctor told me not to lift anything what could damage my back, so I didn't do squats, deadlift, ohp. Basically just chest and arms. Three days ago i did some sit-ups and my back hurts as hell. What do I do?

Go back to the doctor.

Sit ups are fucking retardedly bad for the spine.

You don't fucking do situps man
Do crunches (real crunches instead).
Don't do leg raises, you need to "wrap" your pelvis

>no OHP
nigger what?

It makes sense, heavy OHP puts weight on the spine.

>believing what doctors tell you
Unless there's some extreme reason why not (like your spine is permanently damaged from an accident or something, or you have such severe scoliosis, or your have osteoporosis and it'll snap like a dry twig) your doctor is memeing you. Most doctors will discourage you from doing anything really useful with your body, calling it 'extreme exercise', like you're being intentionally self-destructive or something, because all they're interested in is you having the most basic, lowest-level of survival and health, not 'optimal' health and fitness, because any 'unnecessary' risks you take just makes their job more difficult, which makes them look bad to their employer; they don't care if you're ripped or truly athletic or even happy, they want you to lower your expectations to the level of every normie cuck in the world, so they don't have to work harder. So unless you have a serious, verifiable medical condition that literally prevents you from training properly in the gym, I'd go find a different doctor, preferably one with some sports medicine background, or at least one that isn't a fat weak DYEL piece of shit like most of them are. Speaking from experience BTW.

>situps
If you had asked Veeky Forums then people would have told you that situps are shit for the spine. Hanging leg raises and plank variations are the way to go.

>My doctor told me not to lift anything what could damage my back
>Three days ago i did some sit-ups and my back hurts as hell.
>What do I do?
Go to your doctor obviously

What is the damage?

so you decided not to OHP but your ok with sit ups? are you legit a retardo?

>sit-ups

AWFUL HARBAGE

SHITTY HARBAGE EXEC

AB ROLLER NIGGER FUCKER

SIDE LIFTS

WHORE

i've got degenerative disc disorder and doctor told me not to lift any weights ever again. I don't know if you've got same issue but you need to find out what exercises trigger your pain and stop doing them.

Personally i don't squat and deadlift at all. Im still doing bent over rows but more upright and it still hurts like motherfucker while im bent with barbell in my hands but it never triggered my disc. Sit ups and crunches triggered my back but i can do cable crunches. Ohp never gave me any problems either.

100% this

You shouldn't be doing any abs/core exercises with a bad back. Absolutely all of them will make it worse.

Working out while injured is not fucking healthy period.

>degenerative disc disorder
>does sit ups

Have you tried raw base jumping, user? It seems like the activity that's tailored for you. It's base jumping, but without all that cheating equipment they use.

>i've got degenerative disc disorder and doctor told me not to lift any weights ever again
honestly thats some bull right there, if you dont lift youre spine will be worse than before
situps hurt your spine because situps involve lumbar flexion. Basicly rounding your spine under load.

if you want to train your core to static stuff, planks for example

*______________________*

planks hurt spine/lower back just as much as sit ups, speaking from personal experience

then youre doing it wrong

I got a bulging disc and I can do those fine, cant do any spinal flexion though; situps, leg raises etc

you fucking wot? i've just said im not doing this

im not sure if you read it wrong or you are just trolling

You should be doing all the ones you aren't but at a lighter weight.
You need to support your spine with strength and muscle.

First of all. You should make sure you go to a doctor or medical professional who specializes in whatever injury you have. I'd much rather see a physical therapist who has in-depth knowledge of back injuries and a fitness background than a general practioner dyel.

Secondly, a great rehab exercise for your back is called "sciatic flossing". Although it may hurt a bit when doing it, it's beneficial in the long-run.

Simply put, if you aggravate your back while doing an exercise, you either need to drop the weight way down or avoid it completely. There's nothing worthwhile or manly about making an injury worse, no matter what this board tells you.

You may need to adjust your approach to your goals when you have an injury, and that's OKAY. The point of fitness is to be healthy. Although nowadays, people seem to think it's for stroking your ego.

tl;dr: Be smart. Take everything with a grain of salt.

BRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!