Should you workout every day?

Should you workout every day or every other day?
Right now I go MWF, do SS with some added upper body and core. With a summer schedule I can go every day now if I wanted, is that better or will I just fail my lifts?

Other urls found in this thread:

sci-hub
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i do 4 days on 1 day off, cardio every day

You shouldnt train the same muscle 2 days in a row because rest is a real thing that your body needs. A PPL or brosplit would allow you to lift 6x a week but you would have to get off of SS.

Of course. How else will I get the joy of showering at the gym every day?

>year of our lord 2017
>not running bulgarian
epic broscience meme

>Monday morning: SS
>Monday Evening: Casual run (5-8k)
>Wednesday morning: SS
>Wednesday evening: Speed run (either intervals or a fast 5k)
>Friday morning: SS
>Saturday evening: Long distance run

Is this okay or am I fucking myself up?

SS is a meme. You need more variery to get aestetic. Also train your abs seriously.

I do 6 days a week with 1 day active rest

No.

Rest is just as important to building muscle and improving performance.

If you don't give yourself adequate rest you will plateau quicker and are more likely to give up in your goals.

No, 3 times a week is more than enough

What's your goal?
What are your numbers?
How long have you lifted?
Are you plateauing?
Are you bulking or cutting?
Are you a thrill seeker or a chill out guy?

Rest days are necessary. If you don't need a rest day, then you are not working out hard enough. Give your body 1 rest day a week minimum. Now if your scheduled for a rest day, but feel good and have lots of energy don't waste it- work out and use the following day as a rest day. The important thing here though is to remember that rest is very important.

If you enjoy it, go for it. Your body will adjust.

Ur body is designed to do hard labor for 12 hours a day every day. Jumping your gym time from 7 hours a week to 14 don't matter.

Don't train the same muscle group on two consecutive days. They need at least one day rest time. You need to do a split if you want to train more than 4 days per week.

Also it will increase your strength. But again, spending all your free time in gym is kinda boring

Almost all real athletes work the same muscles every day. Same with laborers. Brosplits exist for 1. People who juice and 2. Weak fags afraid of heavy weights.

Nice broscience friend

>implying I have anything else to do

I workout everyday and feel fine, plus I'm looking a lot better.

>take a rest day after 5-6 days of lifting
>next day feel deflated, fat, like i dont even lift
who else /shrinking/ here

You could train every day if you don't hit the same muscles groups everyday. Split allowing you to train each muscle group twice a week (this excludes so-called brosplits) are a sane choice. Exercising without adequate rest for the targeted muscle is moot. Some people will claim that a 24 hrs rest with perfect nutrition and perfect rest is enough, assuming you don't stress your body with anything else. The required rest may vary according to your fitness levels, if we follow the widely accepted fitness/fatigue paradigm. Still you won't do full body 6 days/week. You could set up your routine for sure to accommodate at least 48 hrs before hitting the same muscle. Just don't be a dumb idiot.

Rest days are for pussies

Do cardio

fpbp

see the norwegian powerlifting study

>a guy who has never done bulgarian or smolov
thanks for your opinion mate, i'm sure you'll hit 2pl8 by christmas

Lol, post your body, I bet you are a fat manlet geek who never has lifted a weight in his life

Smolov is a workout program developed for russian weightlifters who are juiced to the gills. Even then, it's a short term workout meant to get your personal record up a month or so prior to a competition. There is literally no use whatsoever for that type of workout for any normal person.

what about doing the exact same set of exercises as the say before, but with trivial weight, and for only 1 set of each exercise. just for the sake of moving around and getting blood flowing

Depends. Post pics?

I have seen good results from it. Results came much faster, and I am keeping a lower bf% while bulking. I do a split:
A- legs, chest, biceps, front delts
B- back, triceps, rear/side delts, abs
And I just alternate everyday, and do cardio maybe 2-3 times a week.

>tfw spent the last 2 months doing the same routine 5x a week
>OHP, bench, leg press, pull and chin ups
>Actually unironically shrinking
IT'S NOT A MEME BOYOS HOLY FUCK DON'T DO IT

>unironically skipping leg day

>sci-hub [dot] ac/10.1519/JSC.0b013e31816eb518
>Full training recovery is essential to optimal performance and improvement.
>In a training recovery study, Bosak et al. (5) compared the effects of active and passive recovery in n = 12 trained runners after a 5-km run. In a prior study on training recovery, Bosak et al. (4) had demonstrated that our sample of recreational runners were unable to fully recover in 24 hours, but were recovered by 72 hours.

> he fell for the muscle recovery meme

>He fell for the "muscle recovery is a meme" meme

No pics, but 6'0 178 ~20%bf. Lifts embarrassingly weak atm since I started literally a month ago. Been running for years, atm ~25k a week but I'm working up to a marathon in October.