/fat/ - Fatties are too lazy to make a new thread edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to lose weight.

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_rehydration_therapy
discord.gg/AxCKSS
mega.nz/#!0Q1EzKYS!_xCrio63rKm7589hCts9YsuhzF-6Gt1vSYrLZaVAEZQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm 6'6 270 ( with a bit of muscle) what would be a good weight to stop cutting at? I was thinking 200

220 nigga

went to burger king with my brother today. had the patty of a grilled chicken burger, two grilled chicken wings, and a sip of coke. 600 cal day. gonna make some peppermint tea now and plan this week's workout.

might do a three day water fast later in the week. i once accidentally went two days without food and didn't even realise it till the evening of the 2nd day. i could probably do three days ez cause i'm a fat fuck anyway.

I keep cheating and eating ~900 calories a day :(
My goal is 400 a day.

>combining the standard OP post with mandatory CONFESS post
genius

I know I can cut calories by restricting the food I have at home - I've done it before. So far I'm thinking of keeping mainly tilapia and kale/spinach at home. Can I live off only that or do I need another food (what food) to avoid malnutrition?

r8 (and post your own charts too)

I found an alternative for halo top in Canada, it's called cool whey. Halo top isn't in Canada since it doesn't meet the dairy requirements Canada has, and this is the closest stuff I can find. I tried the salted caramel and chocolate chip and they're both amazing. Not as calorie light as halo top, but it can still curb a craving without busting the calorie bank.

Per serving(1/2 cup)

150cal
10g protein
8g fat
15g carb

Frozen vegetables

>that increase today

CONFESS

I've lost almost 70lbs (started at 350, down to 283) in the last couple months, still have about 100 left to lose. The cut's going well, slow and consistent. People are starting to notice. My big concern is, I feel like I'm fatter than ever. Every time I look in the mirror I get more disgusted with myself. I grab my rolls and I swear they're getting bigger. Why is this /fat/? It's motivating in a sense because it makes me more determined to go all the way, but it also kills my motivation because I feel like I'm looking worse and worse, and even though the scale says I'm losing weight and my clothes are getting bigger on me, I feel like I'm getting fatter.

Don't drink anything except squash, don't like beer, occasional wine or whiskey, don't drink tea, dislike coffee's bitter taste (smells fucking god tier though.) Don't have energy drinks either. No soda
Just juice.
Should I be giving it up too?

>being proud of the fact that you're still drinking flavoured garbage water

Yes, give it up

I have the same issue in many ways, for me I believe that I wasn't properly evaluating myself before so I'm noticing these imperfections more now that I'm expecting to see results

As in, your body was always shit, but only now are you noticing it, but that doesn't mean it's as bad as it was when you were big

Don't know where I said I was proud but okay?

Water... and only water.

do you guys take care of your skin? like not loose skin, just generally scrubbing and face skin care. i don't wanna look grungy when i'm thin.

I'm pretty sure that would still put him in the overweight category, 200 sounds fine.

That's because you are setting it too low. Stick to 1200 a day and cut a piece of skin off if you go over.

I have a california blend bulk frozen pack in my freezer right now. Thanks for the advice.

It is body fat which requires exercise and cut bulk cycles to remove. Do cardio and weight lifting while you cut.

You can ween yourself off. Lemonade water flavoring (0 calorie mystery chemicals) -> lemon/lime slices -> water.

Even if you're at a 20% bf (and I think you'd be closer to 25+) you're still at the obese stage with a BMI of 31. Don't think about end goals just yet because chances are you'll adjust them along the way. If you absolutely need a number, 185 nets you around 20 BMi, which is about middle of normal. Good luck and keep progress pics so you can show off your achievement!

Well I'm a guy so I shower and safeguard soap once a day.

I'm probably about 30% body fat. Thanks for the advice.

>6'6
>220
>overweight
stop it.

I didn't watch my eating so much all week, and I had my friends over Friday for finger foods and drinks. I'm more motivated than ever though, to not eat for the next 2 days and go HARD on my workouts all next week. I saw a good number on the scale before my mayhem and I don't want to see a pound higher on my next weigh in.

It's practically impossible to get every micro you need isn't it?

No, that weight loss is too slow. Caffeine and two small "meals" a day.

You're welcome my brother, may Odin bless you with wisdom and gains aplenty.
>BMI of 25.4
It's still technically overweight

You're better off eating 1200 a day long term consistently. You currently risk binging/overeating which you're already doing (technically you're not eating too many calories but the mindset is there. It's a slippery slope into binging on 2000+ calories). I wasn't losing weight any faster with your method because binging is inevitable. You'll be surprised how much comes off when you're consistent, even if you're eating over 1000 a day.

I've been walking, swimming, and body weight exercises for exercise. I plan to start going to the gym at some point, but I have a lot of anxiety in regards to exercising in public. And the closest gym is 20 miles away. I have an antique stationary bike, but I'm too fat to fit on it comfortably. I'm trying to get my friend to let me borrow his P90X DVDs, or get him to exercise to them with me (He's also a fatty, was making noticeable progress with the p90x, then fell into depression and gave up when his wife left him). I will admit to not being as consistent with exercise as I should be, and I don't push myself as hard as I could. But I do some physical activity at least 3x a week.

It is time for my weekly weigh in. I've lost 14 pounds since I took this pic with a lot more to go.

Now, like always I'm afraid to go on the scale.

>BMI 26.1
so close to being techinically "normal" lads, oh god

Listen to them. They have been through this!

Might be better off buying a rack if you have the room.

I don't see why you would tell someone to settle for staying technically overweight, having an extra 20 lbs of fat doesn't make you healthier or better looking.

You can almost taste it can't you? You'll get there man, and when you do, that's when things get really exciting!

wtf just torrent it

what the fuck is with all this discussion of water fasts over the past few weeks? is it legit because it is Ramadan or what?

idk i saw it being mentioned a lot so i assumed that's what the cool kids do now

It's better to just do cal deficit, 1000-1500 you will lose weight slower but you will be able to workout.

Hey user, I do take care of my skin twice daily in the morning and in the night. I am a femanon, I don't wear makeup, for your information.
Here is my regimen :

Products used :

1st Step : Cleaning impurities
>Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Facial Wash
>Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Daily Scrub

2nd Step : Correcting tint/Matifying oily skin
>Neutrogena Pore and Shine daily scrub
>Neutrogena Correcting Tint scrub
> 1-2/week Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2 in 1 Wash and Mask (use it only as a mask)

All the above I do in the shower, then at the sink.

3rd Step is Creams and Lotions at my coiffeuse in my room, after I wake up and before bed.
>Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Toner
>Garnier Micellar Water
> Nivea Intense and Quick Hydration
> Nivea Matifying Day cream SPF 15 (only morning)
>Castor oil on eyelashes for growth
>Labello Hydrating Lipstick

supplements for skin, hair and nails I take:
>selenium
>zinc
>brewer's yeast (chromium)

I mostly use Neutrogena and Nivea products because I am a poor fag and there was a big sale at the store and because it's best quality/quantity/price I can afford.
When I am more wealthy I will buy more efficient, select products though.

And I'm down another 5 pounds. I didn't believe it and even used another scale to confirm. What the fuck? I guess my plan is working.

Now I'm down 19 pounds since April 30th.

thanks rainman, can't wait to go back to college and actually walk around comfortable and confident in my own body
on an unrelated note, i was just gonna masturbate and I'm dedicating this wank to you brother

I'm still not sure if people are trolling or just trying to look for the fastest easiest way to lose weight. It used to rarely be brought up here but almost always dismissed as a retarded and inefficient way to lose weight, especially a substantial amount.

Ramadan doesn't even allow water fasts, it's a total nil by mouth

Supplements. You'd be popping quite a number of pills though, given most of them aren't sold together in a one-form pill.

plus Ramadan just got over
Eid Mubarak /fat/bros

well done senpai

I want to have sex with this. (not a fag btw, nor a man)

I want to cum cum on your itty bitty tum tum

Ayyy'd Mudsgoback to you too

discord link pls?

I was thinking about sticking at 900 and slowly lowering it. I don't want to diet for a year, just until my birthday so I can be hot and 20.

I can arrange that ;)

I didn't expect to lose the weight so fast. I guess the cardio and weight lifting makes you drop weight quick is true when combined with diet.

Now I'm not sure what to do with tdee. My fitness frog is showing a 142 calorie difference between my starting and current weight. I'm at 1800 calories a day now. Don't really want to lower it to 1650. Makes it hard to make meals.

Water fasting is legit with electrolytes and a multi.

wtffff niiiice. those are a lot of scrubs.
i've been lurking sca a lot and i want to get into a skincare routine, but it all seems too complicated for me. everyone there is fucking rich.
i'm gonna look into those supplements.

>electrolytes

Where do I buy electrolytes? Can I get some brand names?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_rehydration_therapy

> It can be made using 6 level teaspoons (25.2 grams) of sugar and 0.5 teaspoon (2.1 grams) of salt in 1 litre of water.

This works better than anything you can buy.

Powerade I think.

no it's not, regardless of all the other issues multivitamins ain't gonna do shit if you aren't eating food because your body will just pass the majority of vitamins as there is nothing to absorb them

And you drink the whole thing every day?

Does 0 calorie work?

Yeah, by all standards, my skin care routine is poorfag and prole normie tier when you know these scrubs/creams/toners retail at about 5 euros approx. a piece.
I really wish I could have the budget to fucking spend like 300 bucks a months on clinical laboratory designed high end stuff like Clinique, Origins and the such. Then I'd really notice a big change. You can always do it like me user, and just research lower end price/ medium quality products, then be on the lookout for beauty sales in your local markets, or better shop online for it.

What is sca?

source on that, chief?

Oh man I know that feeling. First time I lost weight was over summer/Christmas break. 30kg and was really hitting the gym when I started going back. The confidence boost was incredible and I got mires all over the place. Literal jaw drops from team from the semester beforehand.
>gonna dedicate this want to you brother
Make it a good one man! I'm rooting for ya

The bottle literally says "take with food". A 3 second google search will show you that multis by themselves will not be absorbed by your body.

No I drink it when I'm closer to death as an IV replacement. Should work extremely well for heavy exercise.

Not them but if you take a multivitamin without eating for a while you get stomach pain.

Just 10 more kilos

10 more kilos til I'm at a "normal" weight

3 months max

Just 3 more months

Go Go user, you can do it, you're already there practically! Just keep on keeping on!
We're all cheering for you !

are you seriously asking for a source on something this basic? vitamin A, D, E and K are called fat-soluble vitamins which means they don't dissolve in water which means that if you took a multivitamin on a water fast only vitamins B and C would be absorbed

Fuck yea man! Come join us, it's nice here. We'll be waiting for you with chicken and broccoli at the finish line! Funnily enough I'm in the exact same boat of 10kg to final goal weight.

Hope you've been taking pics man, we're gonna celebrate come the end of September!

thanks for the responses, though I expected a more scientific explanation.
I did my research. So it is said you need the presence of dietary fat to absorb SOME of the vitamins binded with fat molecules. So not all is lost for the water fasters. Just gotta do the research to see which vitamins and how crucial they are.
An explanation for the nauseous feeling/stomach cramps is the presence of iron in some multivitamins which is known to cause those if taken while fasted.
It's also not advised to take them with hot beverages, and especially tea and coffee as the tannins in them counteract the absorption of vitamins.
Just sharing the info for other people.

Okay thanks for clearing this up pal, as you can see by the post above I did do some research by my own after asking for info, but really, there's no need to be passive aggressive about giving advice. Sure you might consider something like this basic knowledge to you, but we're not all at the same level of research and understanding. So tone down a bit the backhanded help.

That fat wojack isn't oc. I hereby condemn this thread

>you could have prevented this

Is there any particular exercises I should do if I'm fat as fuck and want to lose weight? The sticky implied strength routines were still needed but most fat loss calculators stressed any kind of exercise along with dietary changes

Are mcnuggets acceptable to eat for launch?

Well cardio doesn't matter. I use an exercise bike I got from Amazon. Used to use a treadmill but it broke.

Weight lifting means at least the four big lifts. Squats, deadlift, overhead press and bench press.

Only once every month if it fits into your allowance of calories.

So do /fat/ties reccomend strength lifting while trying to lose weight or just increasing any kind of excercise/physical activity?

no
stop eating garbage you fat fuck
so many other things (even in mcdonalds) which would be preferable

Depends on hows fat we are talking, below 300 you should do a strength program, past that doing things like walking and swimming are safer for your joints

Both, but weight lifting achieves both of those

Well I'm doing them plus the exercise bike and maintaining 1800 calories a day. I've lost 19 pounds since April 30th. So yes adding a strength routine helps.

I'm 5ft 7" male and weigh 208 lbs.

discord.gg/AxCKSS

I don't think this one will expire

Down 15 lbs, really need to weigh myself more consistently though

Yeah you should just start strength training, common beginner programs are Strong Lifts or Starting Strength, also read the sticky faggot

mega.nz/#!0Q1EzKYS!_xCrio63rKm7589hCts9YsuhzF-6Gt1vSYrLZaVAEZQ

read all of this

>Once every month
It's my favorite item there but I guess you are right to a degree.

Okay.

I did read the sticky you dilettante. My question
specifically focused on a discrepancy between the content of the sticky and the calculators mentioned within the sticky itself

>Finally done with summer vacationing
>Gained 8lbs
>Feel good to know I did better then others I know
>Very hard to get back into the cutting mood.
Help a fatty out with some inspo.

Need to get into the swing of things too

sca = /r/skincareaddiction
i wanna invest in one quality chemical exfoliant but the cleanser/moisturiser and shit is gonna be drugstore shit.

YOU CUT UNTIL YOUR FAT% IS 10 OR LESS. THEN AND ONLY THEN DO YOU BULK.

>be 387 lb fatasfatass
>lose 20 lbs
>meet girl
>start dating
>turns out she's an amazing cook
>gain 30 lbs
>she doesn't mind

yeah prioritize with what you need the most. Also being sparse with the use you make of the product will make it last much longer. Just assess correct dosage the first few uses, and you'll be good to go.
Thanks for the tip on sca. I will definitely check it out for inspiration on what products to try next.

There's no inspo like Thinspo!
I agree with this, but will add if abs aren't what you're chasing you're right to bump that up to 12% and then keep your working weight between 12-17