Is Keto bullshit?

Is it possible to lose weight through a keto diet, while making gains through weight training?

Not really.
But making gains while losing weight isn't really possible with any diet unless you are a complete beginner or on steroids.

Keto is a great way to drop fat for people who struggle with keeping their appetite at bay.
But it isn't some magical super health diet like a lot of ketards seem to think.
They suddenly find a way to shrink their fat ass easily and assume that losing fat and being healthy are exactly the same thing so they find ways to justify sugar being the devil. Don't be like that.

But yes, keto is great for losing fat if you find it hard to keep carb cravings away. You will feel shitty for the first 3-7 days as your body gets used to it too. You will also drop 5-10lbs in the first week because your glycogen stores get depleted hardcore.

It's perfect for losing weight with specific conditions. But for the average joe it's no better for weight loss than a properly managed diet. I started trying it recently because my gf has pcos and is terrible with managing cravings. First week I felt like absolute shit and she felt amazing.

I'm a complete beginner, my idea was to drop my body fat to when I'm comfortable, then maintain that body fat while making gains. Would this work? Thanks man :)

Any diet while drop your weight and body fat. As for body composition, the percentage of fat and muscle, no keto isn't better. Still need to cut, bulk and lift /cardio.

If you eat a ketogenic diet below maintenance, you will lose weight. If you eat above maintenance you will gain weight. It's not magic.

Carbs affect your water retention, so when you first cut them out you lose a lot of water weight all at once. This gets a lot of people exited when they first try it out since they can lose a few kilograms in the first week, unaware that almost none of this is fat loss.

Since fatty foods tend to fill you up quicker for some people this makes it easier to stick to a calorie budget. If this is the case for you, go ahead. It's a lot harder than people think though. You should at least know how to track calories and macros before you start. Carbs are everywhere and if you don't keep track you'll be eating 50g/day when you think you're eating none.

I personally don't like keto because it makes it a pain in the ass to eat out or have a dinner party, while with calorie counting you can simply lower your portions or leave your mashed potatoes without having to ask how exactly the roast was prepared or looking up how much carbs a head of broccoli has again.

Yeah I'll agree with you on that, looks like I'm not going to be a ketard. Welp, thanks for the help. In a couple months I'll be sticking them mad progress gainz on here. :)

>enter keto thread expecting retarded tripfags going on about muh insulin
>It's reasonable people who understand nutrition helping an user
Always change Veeky Forums, always change

yes, and its even easier with IF.

I eat fastfood and I'm on keto. There's an app on the play store that tells what you can eat on keto.

Or better yet, how about instead of all these meme diets you try fucking eating less and exercising more.

>visit grandma
>oh how nice to see you sweetie
>I made lasagna
What do?

Thanks grandma, I just ate before going here. Can you give me a container so I could eat this at home?

4 months into keto. I usually give this excuse a lot. I give the lasagna to my colleagues and they love it. Told Grandma I shared it with my friends and they said they wanted more. Win for Grandma, win for friends.

Been on keto for about 3 months now (have dropped out a few times) and lost 55 pounds so far.

Once I get to maintenance I'll probably increase carbs a bit more then the 20 to 30 I do now but doubt I'll ever get that high with them again.

Keto is great for cutting if you don't want to be hungry while you're doing it. Only advantage, that's why I do it every year.

It's ezpz to eat keto when you go out. Just get a salad with chicken on top and use oil/vinegar as your dressing.

Sure, you can lose weight through a keto diet.

As for why would you want to? I don't know. Feel free and waste your time. Doubtful that you'll maintain this in the long-haul. That's a proper diet. Something you can do and enjoy in the long-run while staying healthy.

This is just another fad diet. It will come and go. Promise you that.

>teach grandma how to use internet.
>searches keto recipes
Grandma makes me keto meals

lift first then shred

The goal for it isn't to be long term, it's to dump the weight and then start eating a well-balanced diet

wtf is keto

Eating less than 50g of carbs per day so your body starts burning ketones that are broken down from your fat cells. Not a healthy long-term diet, but you pretty much never feel hungry because fat and protein is so damn filling.

so you go from a not-balanced diet to another not-balanced diet before you can have a balanced diet which you have not learned anything about
good plan

protein is filling, fat isn't.

Try eating a stick of butter

Xg amount of protein or carb is much more filling than Xg amount of fat. that's how you know fat isn't as filling as the other two macros, not by eating a stick of butter lol.

Yes it is.. Its easy to eat keto .. People who dhit talk it think its all pork rhines and bacon . theese are the quik fix faggots .. Try eatting fatty meats and salads .. Its that easy .. Have