Bear Gun General

I'm looking for a good handgun as a last ditch effort for bears. I was thinking maybe the tracker, but I'm a little weary of Taurus. I've heard their revolvers are decent though. I live near a lot of brown bears, so nothing huge but still deadly. Also, post your bear guns, I wanna know what /k/ is packing for old yogi.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-YmTdMW9uSQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nigger

Glock 20 all day everyday. Except I live in SD and there are no bears here. But that 10mm goodness should do the trick.

Wrong board brah.

I once fired a 44 magnum, it was a Taurus one (UKfag so no guns here) and it was great fun. Also fired a mosin nagant I think and that hurt my shoulder like a bitch.

Uhh, you should lift and stuff btw its good. Bearmode for lyfe.

Just get a Taurus judge, that's the best I can think of. Most handguns won't do anything against a bear. This is fit btw

What you want is a defender style shotgun. Normally they can hold 6 shells, but slugs are about a 1/4" longer than normal, so you can only fit 5 shells in them. Your first shell should be birdshot to scare the bear away without really doing much damage. The second shell should be buckshot to scare him away using pain. The other three should be slugs to take him down if you need to. Handguns are difficult to aim when you have that much adrenaline going through you. Also, if you carry a gun for bear defence but don't also carry bear mace, you're doing it wrong.

Ge a bear spray, a gun wont stop a bear. Even if its a good shot, they can still harass you for 15-20 secs before dying. The spray is so annoying they run the other way.

I love seeing other anons from /k/ on other boards

Awe shit sorry guys.

I have never once been to /k/. I live in the Rocky Mountain foothills in Alberta. I hunt, fish, and hike. I also take my kids camping in the mountains a lot. From my understanding /k/ is filled with a bunch of gun range pussies who think shooting at paper targets is the same thing as shooting a living creature.

G20
Black-hill bear loads

Honestly, bear spray is pretty wicked stuff, and it's much cheaper than a gun.
However, pic related is the mossberg shockwave, it should work quite well for all 2 and 4 legged critters out to 40yards or so

.357 magnum from a 4" or better barrel, .44 magnum if you're feeling swanky or a 10mm automatic. .45 might work.

>he thinks he's tough because he shoots defenseless animals from faraway
Kek you're such a bitch, you should use a spear or a slingshot if you wanna be a real woodsman

Ayy Im not /k/, I just like knowing about lots of things.

Love you too

I take pic related every time I go hike around in bear country. It's a bit excessive, but fuck those furry forest niggers.

Said the desk jockey.

I hunt deer with a bow, and deer are the only things I hunt. I carry a shotgun when I take my kids into the woods. When I don't have my kids with me I'm content to just carry bear mace. I don't enjoy killing things. I kill for food. I don't fish for sport either. I also never said I'm tough for carrying a gun or killing things. I'm just not an idiot who would bring his kids into the woods without adequately protecting them. You should really stop projecting. Just because you're a pussy doesn't mean everyone else is.

You can't provide security capable of providing security I can provide for myself

Been considering an AK pistol for a while now. How do you like it?

I had the 7 shot .357 tracker. Made the mistake of shooting mild +p rounds. Mangled sear and cylinder and hammer. 3/10 would not recommend.

>I never said I'm tough for killing animals
I thought you were just retarded but I think you're just a little kid who's lying on the internet

I wouldn't trade it for anything. Make sure you get you a folding stock and a good brand.

Why are you so insecure?

Not insecure
Just enjoy picking on little kids on the internet

>Taurus Judge
Please kill yourself.
.45 colt is laughable.
.410 is laughable
I hope you're not an American.
..if so you should be stripped of your citizenship.

So you're an insecure little kid. Probably fat too. Drinking sugar free energy drinks doesn't mean you belong on Veeky Forums

Sydney cole is so hot

Lmao is this the best you could come up with?

I'm an American, so getting a folding stock for an AK pistol would require registering it as an SBR.

This is my worst nightmare, desu. I heard that firing overpressure ammo can turn your handgun into a hand grenade and blow your damn hand off or something.

Come up with what? I just stated the obvious. You're some little dumbass who will start lifting "next week" and comment on things you don't understand. You just sound dumb.

just get a shotgun bruh

Yeah making the animals suffer and bleed from wounding them with such an inefficient method makes so much more sense fucking idiot.

>defenseless

Their defense is their hearing, speed, and comoflauge

Wrong board, but I'd suggest you pick up a Deagle. Here's a photo of my man Hickok45 holding one

Here's a video of Baltimore PD fucking some nigger up with bear mace
youtube.com/watch?v=-YmTdMW9uSQ

One of the geologists I work with told me about a guy he worked with in Alaska who carried a .44 with hollow tips that he'd fill with liquid mercury and seal with wax to protect from Grizzlies

Kek
I'm probably stronger and have a better looking body than you

I wonder how well that wax held up after being fired? Seems like a waste of perfectly good mercury.

They are talking about weapons that can defend against a bear and you try to turn it around for ego? If you are so strong then YOU go into bear country without any weapons

If you to get eaten by a bear because the bullet ricoched off its massive skull, then sure.