How does one train strong grip. When I did deadlifts with a reverse grip I could do 3 plates for reps...

How does one train strong grip. When I did deadlifts with a reverse grip I could do 3 plates for reps. Now I can only do 275 with hook grip.
How do I train my grip because the bar just slips put of my hands?
Also I train until my calluses hurt, and sometimes the pain is unbearable.
>never used gloves
>never used chalk

>never used chalk
Use fucking chalk then

Use chalk

But isnt it unnatural and gay.
Ok but for real now. I will use chalk but what about gloves. I heard using gloves too much is bad for you. Do you have a my exercises which you proved work on yourself with forearm strength. Should I just hold heavy dumbells for a minute or so. Will it help?

* an exercise*

Double overhand until you can't then switch to mixed/hook/chalk/straps. For forearm work you can do BB finger curls, those gripper thingies, DIY wrist roller, static holds, etc.

Gloves are gay. Chalk is fine, it's just there to keep the bar from slipping.

Tried a bunch of different things such as
>fat grips
>farmer's walk
>dead hangs
>hand grippers
>slegdehammer work
and I can say the sledgehammer works blows everything else out of the water. Overhand deadlift shot up from 180 to 200 in two months. Blew my mind.

If hook grip is slipping then you're not doing a proper hook grip.

>But isnt it unnatural and gay.
See this everyone, this is what happens when you spend all your time listening to the retarded faggots on Veeky Forums.

Chalk is fucking fine. Your bar might have shit knurling. What's better? Make some progress without damaging yourself in the long run like straps or stay stuck because some retarded NEET gave you shit advice?
I bet you think it's some insane sin to use a belt or squat shoes unless you're squatting 4+ plates in 6 months at 150lbs bw.

>never use chalk
Idiot

Wow. That's impressive. Ive trained my mixed for almost 2 years and can say that I wont like to rip a bicep when I get to 4 plates. Ive learned hook is the best grip because you can progress with the deadlift weight for clean and jerk
Yeah. I tried overhand grip. The bar is slipping midrep

Come to think of it, it went from 185 to 200, but 15kg is still retarded.

Never really used hook grip because it fucks with my grip during grappling, and I never had any biceps injuries despite routinely deadlifting well over 200kg.

My grip is weak as I mentioned earlier. That's probably why. I just started hook grip and I can say the thump hurts a lot after.
Not against a belt. I just progress slow with deadlift because of never wore one

Just grip everything like you grip your dick when wacking it.

Curls? Grip that shit. Bench? Grip harder. Etc.

Farmers walks for me are what does it though.

>Overhand deadlift shot up from 180 to 200 in two months
lbs or kg?
Also
>gym doesn't have chalk
what do?

Just use mixed grip when DOH fails you.

I have always done that, and I can pull 260kg for one with mixed grip. My double overhand is 200kg tested, could probably do more if I cared too.

Point being, double overhand will go up too, just it will always be under your mixed grip numbers, but mixed grip doesn't magically stop you using your grip strength.

kg

And bring your own. Buy liquid chalk if they don't allow regular. Leaves no mess to speak of.

gym where i go to don't allow chalk, so I use napkins that are there to clean up equipment, it isn't very effective but at least it keep the bar from slipping out of hand

Read an article about prisoners doing dead hangs from pull-up bars and you just hang for as long as you can. Improves grip strength as well as forearms

I do conventional deadlifts once a week cross grip for strength and then sumo another day with normal grip for hypertrophy reps.

what the fuck is sledgehammer work? hitting a tie with a hammer?

Don't do this OP, this gives you a higher chance of tearing a bicep. If you're going to be using mixed grip for your heavy sets that day you should warm up with it too

Are you the hamburglar?

carrying around a happymeal box full of mcdonalds napkins instead of a gymbag full of chalk.

Heacy ass farmerss walk or google forearm training. Captatins of crush are nice.

Bruh if you can do 3 plate dl your grip is fine. Stop trying to be a living meme.

>never used chalk
>i have a problem and know the solution but want others to tell me

just do weighted pullup holds
go to the top of a pullup and hold yourself there for as long as you cann

Buy liquid chalk, it leaves no trace whatsoever and will keep your hands dry for some time