Resting heart rate

I'm interested in knowing what peoples resting heart rates are. Just the age, sex and number will do. I'll go first.

M
58 bpm

This was much lower than I thought it would be but I've taken up jump rope for the past three months. I guess it's helped a lot.

m

m
49-55

And here's a chart showing the age and rates expected.

Mid 50s.

Sorry, didn't read your whole post. M and 25.

28M
low around 50, at 55 right now.

AGE 32
MALE
38-40

UNLESS MY APPLE WATCH IS WRONG

FUCK

AM I DYING?

52 M 42bpm
>on a master's bicycle road racing team
>train 500 hours a year, 6 days a week, for the last 9 years

M

whats your average speed old man?

M
55 bpm

I got up and went to the bathroom, came back, sat down and measured it. I do 20min/10km of static bike after lifting.
I want to cry from joy considering I was on high 80s, 90s not long ago. It's this low and I haven't even taken my anti anxiety shit.

I can always tell the non-cyclists because they pick the one metric (road speed) that has the largest number of external factors affecting it, rendering it useless as a way of measuring performance.

In road racing disciplines, 'faster than the other guy' is the only measurement of speed that matters. There are guys I outclimb on long climbs, and guys that outclimb me. There are guys I beat in a TT, and guys that beat me. There are guys in a crit that finish behind me, and there are guys in a crit that cross the line first. And so on. Nobody really cares about the numbers, all they care about is how you place at the finish. I have my fair share of decent finishes, and I likewise have my share of dismal placings -- just like everyone else. I've had enough good finishes to make it to Cat-3, and that's likely the level I'll stay at until I'm too old and beat up to do this anymore, basically because I only have so many hours a week I can train, on top of working all week long, and still getting enough sleep to recover adequately from training. Winning the lottery and not having to work ever again would be a game-changer, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. xD

>xD
55 and writes like a retard teenager.
Kidding (unless you're trolling), if what you wrote is true and you're actually 55 I think it's pretty cool. Do check up on your overall health with a doc regularly though, a friend's dad died from I forgot what (heart related) even though he was a regular triathlete.

M

>xD
When in Rome.. xD

BTW I said I'm 52. I almost wish I was 55, that's a different age group for racing, the field sizes are smaller, and (I suspect) there's a lower overall level of fitness -- so I'd win more often. :-)

I don't regularly need to go see a doctor for anything, and when I do he almost literally jumps up and down in excitement at how goddamned healthy I am: low LDLs, high HDLs, low (read as: healthy) BP, low bodyfat percentage (usually around 10%), no diabetes, no heart disease.. I have serious allergies and mild exercise-induced asthma but I get antigen shots every couple weeks at an allergy clinic and an albuterol inhaler before training is all I need for the asthma. When they test my lung capacity at the allergy clinic, I usually blow the needle off the top of the scale, so they can't say I really have breathing problems..

Average is about 43 bpm. 35 y/o

55-60 bpm
80's when using preworkout.

Used to be a lot lower when I was a distance runner, but being that skinny is gross.

m

would be nice to get into the 50s

M

M

M

>So many people sub 40 BPM

You nigga got Bradycardia or what?

F

M
94 ATM

86 now

/Fat/
60 resting

Depends how cold the room is.

m
Between 58-68

male

I see one person sub 40

m
45-50

Whats your ftp? I seem to have plateaud around 320w at 67kg. Its good and all but im displeased that it seems stuck. I dont know what to change in my training.

Anyhow, im male, age 21, and my resting HR is around 35-40bpm

Male
I just did a pulse count of 15 seconds so it might be off. Last time I had it actually measured my girlfriend had just broken up with me and my HR was at about 90 bpm.

m

m
0 bpm
don't be a sad cunt brah

m