Having trouble growing my delts

>having trouble growing my delts
>OHP and other shoulder lifts going up slowly but surely but still no gains noticeable
>randomly decide to learn to do a handstand
>delts and core always sore after training handstands
>delts getting bigger, abs getting more prominent
>OHP working weight shoots up

Why the fuck doesn't anyone else talk about how good something as simple as learning to a do a handstand is for delt strength?

Oh so you started doing a complementary bowdyweight lift for your delts and your dlets get stronger and bigger? Wow! So unexpected!

I hate handstands. They make my head hurt.

Because if you can OHP a measly 1pl8 they won't do shit for you

What kind of progressions did you use to get there? How long did it take you? Hand balancing is good to add with weights, hard af though. I've been wanting to work my way up to a planche

I legit just started doing them with wall assistance. Like i have i have an area in my house with walls like 1.5m apart.

I would put my hands close to the back support wall and walk up the other until kicking off at the top into a handstand. Obviously at first my balance sucked and it was a pain to keep from falling back the way I came.

Eventually, I would still wall walk/kick up into the stand but try my damnedest to not lean on the back support wall.

After a while of that I went to the park (for grass softer falls) and would practice kicking up without any wall support. Fell a lot at first but got the hang of it.

Word. Time to start cranking out handstand pushups

I've just started doing bent arm stands and they've been assisting with both bench and OHP.

I started out doing calisthenics and was pretty hardass about it and got to where I was doing 5x10 handstand pushups and now I can always OHP 185-195 easy.

> b-but calisthenics are gay

Eventually the head-exploding feeling goes away. Just spend more time upside-down.

You can get strong with calisthenics, it just takes a lot more time and training.

Yeah you have to be pretty hardass and put yourself through hell and also be really creative about it.

It's basically only worth doing for ultra casuals who can't into a gym or for total crazies trying to be IRL goku.

I'm 200 lbs OHP nice doing about 60x5 ...

How long till handstand? Should I start working on wrist flexibility now?

I find it doesn't do dick for your legs. I travel for work in remote areas. Try one leg squats but it seems like squaring heavy weight is really the only thing that does shit for legs

you weigh 200 pounds and your ohp is only 60 lb?

did you start lifting yesterday?

Dear thread - please also make sure you have the mobility for a strong overhead position. Makes a really big difference.

You can start with handstands agains the wall, then move to free standing. Do them for time.

Handstand pushups are fun too. Start with partials and move to using blocks under your hands.

t. 95 lb OHP

> he doesn't know about h____ s_____ training

Why don't you fill me in user

I don't get it

Probably means 60kg = 1pl8

hspu are legit as ohp assistance mang

I hit my delts every workout and they grow like shit. I just rolled a genetic 1 if it comes to dem delts. Ohp is strong as fck its at 1x bw which is 85kg but they just dont wanna stick out. Oh well just gotta keep working out

S P R I N T S
P
R
I
N
T
S

A better alternative to boost OHP strength is to switch all your benching to close grip. Makes your pressing strength explode