QTTDTOT

Questions that don't deserve their own thread, counting is hard edition
>accidentally load a 5lb plate on one side instead of a 10
>do 5x5 without noticing
Should I load with an equal and opposite imbalance next workout, or just move on and continue training normally? This hasn't happened before, so I'm not habitually training imbalances.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GIX-RyorgkQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Are you being serious right now?

Yeah, I noticed my left side was lagging, but it wasn't enough to be concerned about. A 5lb difference is pretty common for intentional imbalance training.

Is OHP twice a week (one volume, one intensity) enough for good tricep/shoulder gains?

Also, can rowing be one four times a week? I don't really get severe back doms.

>ctrl+f "QTTDTOT"
>1 result found

is it that fucking hard? Don't split the threads.

i don't think that's enough for shoulder and tricep gains. you really should add in some other exercise but not too many. tricep extensions, lateral raises, face pulls

I did. is misspelled, so it showed zero results.

Questions that Don't
QTD

get your brain checked retard. Read your own fucking topic. Your abbreviation and full spelling don't match.

lately I've been eating more meat, focusing on lean meat
I've started snacking on it even, like at any odd time I feel like it
those are both fine, but the other day it was hot as fuck and I hadn't had any ice cream in like a week (usually I have it even less often than that) so I got some, but as I was getting it out I thought "man I could go for some sausage right now"
so my question is:
What have I done to myself? How is this affecting me and what is it called?

It's called making it.

What is a trip fag?

A clumsy person

Everyone on hear keeps pointing out how beginner's programs aren't meant to be continued indefinitely, and that eventually one should move on to something more advanced.

1. Does PPL fall under those "beginner programs"?
2. When does one know it is time to move on out of these programs?
3. What are some of these more advanced splits one can move into?
4. Once using these new routines, can one stick to it indefinitely? Or is it only useful for a set period of time even with weight increase?

Thanks in advance.

Are there any huge difference between the different type of protein? Whey, pea, soy..

people say visible abs are about low bf%, but how many months should I work out my abs before I cut down that low?

okay so i have poor mans home gym in my house: rack, bench, barbell, 100kgs in plates

im an (ex at this point)endurance athlete but have some mild posture problems and would like to fix that

right now i do pushups, leg raises, pullups, rarely rowing and various leg work as a part of my training(2-3x week right now)

if i only do squats, bench, ohp, deads, dips and pullups would that be ok? or am i missing something important

what frequency should i do deads with? considering my posterior chain is my weakest part by far atm

Is it better to take a protein shake before or after a workout, or both?

I find that if I take before with milk, my workout tends to be better. But I don't really wanna take 2 shakes in a day since I get protein from other sources as well

where can i find a good calisthenics workout routine?

Sup, Veeky Forums,
What's the current consensus in 2017 on consuming foods with saturated fat, especially in dairy? Will drinking moderate amounts of milk for years increase the chance of heart disease (all other factors like the consumption of vegetables and amount of exercise being high)?
>pic semi-related (not that I would ever go on a GOMAD diet)

I have been doing this one lately. It's barebones but effective at making you stronger.

OHP is good, but you need to add in some other shoulder work to get the other heads of the deltoid built up (Facepulls, Lateral Raises etc). Plus I wouldn't just count on OHP to do your Tri's, they need some isolation exercises to make the most of them, such as Skullcrushers or Tricep Extentions, as the Tricep has 3 different heads also, all of which work themselves differently depending on the exercise. Skullcrushers for instance are great for the 'long head' of the Tri

Depends on how fat you are.

Whey is best
Pea is most complete non diary
Soy is shit

Do you soak steel cut oats the night before putting them in a shake?

If you do a proper workout in a gym and not just some meme crunches at home. Like 6 months.

If only 1, I'd take it after. (I don't forget to have one on your off-days too)

Hmm is it bad to take it pre workout though? I don't know why but taking before workout always makes my set easier.

Thanks. Will incorporate some Shoulder/Tri work into my program.

Yes otherwise they clump up in the bottom unless of course you turn them into powder.

Body will look probably adapt to it over time but I take the same brand regardless out of the placebo effect unless something else is on sale. But I never them being bad for you.

Where to go after ss. I have been really starting to struggle on everything even though I am not at 1234 yet. Looking to change after this month. I was looking at phul but I am home gym and only have a rack and dumbbells and phul has a lot of leg curl and leg extension shit in it I can't do. What do?

honestly after moving from beginner you should learn how to make your own programs since only you know what works for you

but you could probably find some intermediate program that catches your eye, try it, and change stuff around

i.e., stronglifts 5x5 ---> madcow 5x5

After I sit up from finishing a set of sit-ups, I tense my stomach and I get like a spasm on the lower part of my abdomen? It doesn't hurt but it felt weird and scary like there was something crawling around or shit. I massaged it better but it only happens when I tense my core when sat down. Anyone felt this same experience?

If you don't feel any pain when touching your abdomen, then its just a cramp

Ahh that makes sense thanks, I guess I just need to warm up more then

will I die if I take 3 magnesium pills instead of 3 ? the bottle says 1 pill is 40% of my daily value.

man lower ab cramps are among the most painful experiences i've had, the first one i had dropped me to the ground instantly

It might impair your counting abilities apparently

Can I rely entirely of whey powder for protein? It's like 6 times cheaper than real food over here. I can eat eggs, nuts and avocados for fats

This is what I'm thinking also, soy protein is cheap as fuck.

shit I meant 3 instead of 2

how much inactivity is required for your muscles to start deteriorating

'sup, Veeky Forums, I have been doing 2 sets of 75 pushups, sit ups and bodyweight squats every day but lately they have just become a chore.

I feel incredibly tired/demotivated to do them, although I do it every day still.

So, should I take a day off every week, do it every other day or just man up and carry on?

I feel like I'm doing something wrong/missing something here.

Fuck off.

Hey guys, i want to gain mass. So im thinking about a schedule that increases volume every week for arms shoulders abs and calves for a month then deload and then again for back chest and legs, is this a good plan? And are there any good schedules out there or do i make one myself.

If this isnt optimal for mass then what would be a better guess? Diet sleep is on point.

???

Fuck you, nigger, just answer the question.

Are front squats, press, and weighted chins in one day too much for my upper back? Thinking up a new program for myself, other day would be squats, weighted dips, and deadlifts. Is there a better way you would rearrange the lifts?

I'm 150 and 5'11
If I work out, lets say following starting strength, do I really need to force myself to eat more to see gains?

youtube.com/watch?v=GIX-RyorgkQ

How important is getting enough protein?

How much does actually counting macros help gains?

Is it important to switch up your routine sometimes?

>Squats and deadlifts on the same day

What are some exercise I can do with that I'd have in my room that would target stomach/pecs? I'm a bit new to this and I've been doing wide grip push-ups and sit-ups, looking for some variety.

without protein your body can't repair muscle
if it can't repair muscle, you can't gain strength

"Is there a better way you would rearrange the lifts?"

>How important is getting enough protein?
It's kind of the most important part

How old are you?

Are you healthy?

Are you genetically ok with milk?

Then you are probably ok you huge faggot

I find that if I don't eat at a calorie surplus, I can't progress on my lifts.

Also, how does one do a recomp?

Just started working out again recently over did it on first day

Cramp in lower ab while sitting in my office chair.

Scream out loud

Everyone is looking at me super concerned

"Just a cramp no worries haha"

Almost quit my job

I have drunk milk all my life, to be honest with you, but reading up on some 2008 to 2012 posts on bb forums presented me with conflicting opinions. So I have decided to turn to one place where all the milk memes come from - mongolian cheese curdling forums

Well this is exactly what I wanted to hear and that little guy can deadlift 600lbs so I'm just going to assume it will work fine
thanks brah

so you know, at a certain level of fitness bodyweight squats and push ups do absolutely nothing
my 70 year old gym professor could do hundreds of pushups or squats the entire period and not be fatigued at all

Does anyone have experience in doing keto plus strengh training? relating to crankiness and fatigue, or should i go for keto to lean out only?

So say hypothetically I knew someone who wanted to put things up their butt for...recreational purposes. What's a safe non oil based lube that is relatively cheap to buy or make for extended use?

Asking for my friend.

best lifts of my life were while i was on keto.

haven't really lifted on a bulk though, so i can't be 100%.

should tall guys (6'4+) widen their grip when doing bench? I never feel BP in my chest when using a normal grip, only in my arms and shoulders. When I go significantly wider, I feel it in my chest but the bar doesn't have to travel as far.

Actual sex lube? Avilable near the condoms on aisle 6

I've been using the Trojan an KY stuff and it works fine. But the $10-$15 per bottle price tag is getting a little steep considering how my playing I do. I mean my friend does.

I heard coconut oil was a cheap alternative that came in large containers, but it's oil based. Says it right in the name. Was hoping there's other similar alternatives.

how about Vaseline? or is that considered oil based

Bump

Yea petroleum jelly is oil based putty essentially. And honestly even if it wasn't, it's terrible lube. And the clean up is too much effort. Water based is best for that reason.

Fug. Guess I'm spending $200 a year on lube unless I just decide to go full degenerate and use a Costco sized jar of Crisco.

Are bodyweight exercises ok?
I can't afford a gym membership (only one gym in my city and it costs $50 fuck that)

lads - do macro's have an effect on fat loss?

I've been told too cut down on protein if i want to lose bodyfat, as protein is anabolic amino acid which keeps fasting insulin at a higher level all day?

protein promotes mass/bulk etc as it contributes to building tissue in the body?

yeah, until you can do 8 pull ups

dont cut protein unless you want to also lose muscle as you cut

As a noob how hard should I push myself. I'm also on a cut btw. Like I'm pretty sure I could add a bit of weight to my lifts but I don't want to get stuck and fail reps. So am I going to get much slower gains if I'm lifting a bit under as a noob or is the fact that I am lifting anything basically enough as a noob. I don't have a spotter so on bench especially I am fairly cautious about how much weight I put.

to failure for every lift
if you only did 2 reps, then that was too much weight, so remove a little bit and do some more reps
next time you'll know the correct amount to use
on the other hand, if you could do 9 or more reps then it wasn't enough weight so next time add more

What is the point in tracking macros if you track cals and protein?

I'm 82kg, 183cm and have high body fat percentage.

How do I go about reducing body fat percentage at this point? Been lifting for some time now, however it is still relatively high (20%+). Do I start cutting for weight loss? Or should I just eliminate more carbs from my diet and start cardio alongside lifts? Would decrease in carbs have big effect on my lifts or will it be fine if I offset with enough protein?

I always like to do 3 sets of 7-10 reps trying to add a little more weight everytime I lift, or just more reps. Then for my final set I'll do like 70% of the weight I was doing and lift till failure. Anymore and I feel I risk injury without a spotter but I still feel like I got a lift in the next morning. It's just really important to eat so you can build muscle and recover appropriately - sleep is big too.

is it too much to rock climb (indoor) on off days from stronglifts 5x5?

2 questions.

>how can i tell if my form is off or not without looking at a mirror or recording myself? my arms/legs always feel somewhat asymmetrical when i do heavier weights.

>are OHPs supposed to be this hard to gain weight on

I want to pick up swimming for cardio. I used to swim competitively so the strokes aren't a problem. Could someone recommend me a routine?

it's impossible
you need someone to look at you and tell you what you're doing wrong

pb,milk,banana,quark,nuts
something in my shake is giving me bloating as fuck
each of these alone is not giving me bloating

what the fuck is it?

Is Joe DeFranco's Built Like a Badass a good routine to follow? Or should I do West Side for Skinny Bastards? HELP??

tl;dr I now have 3 kettlebells in my house (10, 15, 25 lbs) thanks to a friend.

Is there a reasonable way to make a full body workout with them as my only source of weights. If not what should I get myself?

Skelly trying to bulk here. Assuming I get my proper number of calories and protein etc., how much will eatjng occasional junk food (a fast food burger or some pizza once or twice a week) fuck with me?

I got a sort of sharp pain while squatting today, I already have an appointment to see a doctor btw, could it be because I never stretch after workouts? I do warmups with low weight before each excercice but never streatch after, I just finish and walk home

It wont fuck up anything unless youre eating twice as much as you need, several times a week.

For 4/3/2/1 it goes deadlift --> squat --> bench --> overhead press right?
And are those 1 rep maxes or for reps? Because I can do 4/3/2/1 for 1 rep but I'm only at 205lbs for bench 5 x 5 and 3 x 5 with 3 pl8 for deadlifts.

My friend told me to stop doing 5x5 lifts and start doing 3x8 whaddaya think guys?

I just started really and only bench 95 5x5

5x5 to get stronger
3x8 to get larger muscles

lol

banana + milk

don't mix them unless you have a sturdy stomach
especially after drinking

fuck off

Yo how does that work.

This probably has more to do with aesthetics than actual strength, but how the fuck do I fill out my bony fingers? I'm still somewhat of a skelly but I've been making decent gains and eating enough to put on weight but my fingers are fucking pencils.

Pull-up bar and you're good. Calisthenics have great progression exercises, and kettlebells are good for accessories. Try the thenics app if you want

If you can do one rep, it counts
congrats
now do more