What was the turning point for you where you started enjoying going to the gym and looked forward to spending the time...

What was the turning point for you where you started enjoying going to the gym and looked forward to spending the time on your sessions?

I'm still waiting for it after 7 months. I drive home from work thinking "fuck I have to go the gym", and the hardest part of my workout is getting my shit together and just going, and the whole time I'm there i'm thinking "I want to leave after this set". what's wrong with me?

Get serious about breaking PRs.
Visual progress is slow and not always easy to recognize.

Stength numbers, especially as a beginner, move up from workout to workout, and provide a good source of motivation.
Beat the numbers.

Do something else than nigger man play basketball or rollerblade or rock climb or kys

Let me guess, you're one of those people who can't keep their hands off their phone?

This, I've basically just subbed fitness in instead of a MMORPG subscription. I watch numbers steadily increase, I get to level up and I actually get something out of it.

getting results
feeling better as a result of exercise

I wake up every fucking day not able to sit still until I work out. Took me one week and I've been like that for a year.

iv been buzzed about going to the gym since the first night i sat outside signing up online. Im waiting for the buzz to die down, altho im hoping it wont

Never ever gonna make it

Go everyday for a month

the only reason I hate lifting right now is because I make myself do split squats, and I really fucking hate doing them

>that feel when rest day is worst day

If you don't enjoy it now, you're never going to unless you stop being a bitch ass fatty.

It's probably because you're not seeing any results
After each workout i feel and look slightly different, and that's enough for me to keep going

my goal body stills far away but the progress in both looks and weights lifted are amazing!!

>once you see noticeable results consistently
>once men size you up in public
>once young girls mire
>once you get an itch when you don't lift for 48hrs

Being fit is like a constant high on life

Skinnyfat. if you're trying to trim fat to look better naked, then you're lifts aren't improving because not eating enough so it feels pointless and boring. if you're bulking, you get stronger, but you still look like shit for a long time, it's demotivating. It is the worst possible form to have.

It took me about a month, that month was me getting my form correct and finding the weight that's right for me, and coming up with a routine that suited me. That first day where I went in knowing what I was doing, and was actually able to push myself to my limit and beyond it, that was the turning point for me, I got home and my chest was numb and my arms were so weak I struggled to fucking open doors, and it was the best feeling of my life, now I can't wait to get in and tear myself up, if I'm not weak and wobbly coming out of the gym I'm not satisfied (and sometimes even go back in) and that's the feeling that gets me excited to go back in

It's all about desire for personal improvement, you might not SEE it right away, but if you're doing your best you can sure as fuck feel it

Is that a fucking bicep implant?

You probably skip days too as a result of this thinking. Take progress pics and/or write down how much you're lifting on your compounds lifts and try and pack a gym back the night before you go to work so you can go straight from work to the gym. Going straight to the gym will force you to actually go and create a schedule that you can get used to while the progress pics and tracking your lift progress will help you when you start to question why you're going.

You got it bro

>gym every day
>only lift 4 times a week
>abs between
love it, it's my zen. I pretend I'm training to fight in some DBZ scene/ I'm 27 but who's counting ?kek! I'm getting muscles that are large since I've been counting macros

you think you don't need it and that anime would fill the gap just fine

For me, it was the whole Zyzz/Tiny era, which lasted long enough for me to make serious gains and made lifting a habit

For me it was about 1 month in that I realized I genuinely enjoyed working out. I had been a swimmer and runner before but a good morning gym sesh is like nothing else

After DLing 3 plates for 5.

But now after almost 4 years I struggle to find the will to train

After about 2 months I started getting the pump. Holy shit, it feels like having sex when I lift.

I had to go without lifting for 2 weeks after going on the reg for 4 months

Holy shit I'm sore all over the place it's fucking great, you don't know how much you love something until you have to go without

After my first session. Ive had 7 since then. Worryingly i seem to have lost enjoyment of all other things and only look forward to my workout. Im hoping thats an effect of having such a high caloric deficit because holy shit I am bored when im not at the gym and cant entertain myself.

2 weeks

I joined gym impulsively cos I finally got over 100kg and wasn't feeling good. I eventually found out it makes you feel good

When I started SL and found a gym that is mostly dead that only costs $15 a month. The only downside is that the equipment kinda sucks.

never. I accept that it's good for me and that I don't have to love everything in life.
I shit and wipe my ass but i don't enjoy those either. Get over yourself you impulsive little bitch

>Do something else than nigger man

You're the nigger here

Getting mires helps

I advise against this. That is, dependent on your goals. Do you want to run really fast? Do you want to be really big? Lift really big? Look good naked? Then yeah, keep breaking PR's again and again and again. The thing with this is though, there'll come a day where you wonder what you're doing it all for, pushing yourself non-stop that is.

You have think to yourself, what do I want out of the gym? For myself, it's mostly to be fit and maintain muscular strength for the purpose being healthy. With that mindset, you'll never not want to be going to the gym or working out in kind of way until you're dead.

>I'm still waiting for it after 7 months. I drive home from work thinking "fuck I have to go the gym", and the hardest part of my workout is getting my shit together and just going, and the whole time I'm there i'm thinking "I want to leave after this set". what's wrong with me?
Confirmed never making it.
It took 2 months to love going to the gym. To try smashing PR's. To try smashing grills.

Probably when I got a job and responsibilities and my stress went up. I began to realize just how therapeutic it is to get into the gym, lift heavy shit, break some prs, and just have a sanctuary away from it all where I can tune into my body and the process of self-perfection.
An autistic thing I do but helps me, is in my head I call my weight room the Iron Church. It is a spiritual sanctuary for me to transcend humanity.
That said, it took years. Stick with it and you will see the intrinsic value in gym time.

It was like one week in, I had DOMS all over and was in agony, but at least I knew it was working.

Plus I was using my friends gym membership so there was literally no point in not going

Are you gaining or losing weight? I've been cutting for a while now and I feel like leaving often too. When I was bulking I had more energy and no trouble staying for 1.5-2 hours and not feeling terrible.

After the first week

Iv been shitting along with weights but i want to switch to bodyweight stuff which i will do next month

But even still there is something addictive now to working out for me. Like chest days the most.

I think about the gym basically all the time and talk about it to people who really aren't even interested. I tell everybody my PRs when they have no gauge of whether or not they're good. Just be about it you fuckface. When's the last time one of your 1RMs went up? Do you not strive for that feeling? wtf who comes to this board and doesn't love the gym

i really enjoy taking a shit

This girl doesn't do any kind of exercise, let alone drink whey.

Not OP, I hate the gym like I hate all of my chores. I hated going to school, I hated learning foreign languages and now I hate the gym. I go there as a means of reaching my goals.

Been going to the gym regularly for years. I've never, ever done a 1RM.

Exactly. It's just a part of me now, sometimes I even forget if I went to the gym.

Just enjoy the pump I get post workout, it's addicting and feels awesome.
When I don't lift, I feel like a lazy pile of garbage.

>What was the turning point for you where you started enjoying going to the gym
When I was first haunted by demons that only the nirvana of utter physical exhaustion can exorcise from my brain, even temporarily.

>started working out to get girlfriend back
>stopped thinking about girlfriend
>kept finding myself at the gym despite not thinking about her
>the day i realized i stopped thinking about her, all my gym friends greeted me and we had a cool pow-wow before lifting
>realize this is a better life then what i had

I worked out casually for a long time and forced myself to do it, got serious and went hard for like 6 months and started to like it. Had an injury and didn't go for 6 months now I'm back on it and once I got past the DOMS phase I can't wait to go to the gym or workout.

everytime you want to quit, remember why you started

When I dont gym for a long time I get ED. It's a very good motivator

I recommend the MMORPG but you need a repeatable end goal like one, take up a sport, boxing, football, basketball or use it to pick up women, or even racing or powerlifting.

Think of the physical side as levelling and the other activities as the end game, the more you level and the more end game you participate in, the better you get at it.

Tripfags on Veeky Forums used to have personality and provide entertainment/motivation. It was a good era, also when I was the most serious about fitness and lifting.

Kind of getting it back on my own terms now though.

Well, when I first started I didn't really have that much of a drive.. And stopped after I think 8 months or so. But then after a year of doing nothing I said fuck it and started again - now I'm going for 1 year and enjoy everytime I'm there. I'm not sure why though, I just want to be really big one day and if thats what it takes I'll do it. I guess you have to have a goal.

>Visual progress is slow and not always easy to recognize.

>tfw this morning you noticed that your "relaxed" gut is barely different from your "regular" gut while standing

This just gave me a boost that will probably last until I'm at my goal, holy shit. I have NEVER been like this.

Take your gym stuff with you to work, then go to the gym directly from work.

Yeah I'm about 8 months in and have yet to feel some super dedication. After about 2-3 months and seeing initial instant progress it was easy but my excitement/motivation has gone up and down and is at a low.

I got a bro and we split our gym costs since it's one free guest and figured we'd just have one of us get the membership and then both go together. Days I feel like skipping he drags my ass cause he literally can't go on his own without me. Days (like today) where he doesn't feel like it I haul his ass cause I didn't get this goddamn membership to be the only one going goddammit we had a fucking deal.

So that definitely helps. Besides that I hate wasting money so fuck it if I'm not gonna use the most of my monthly fee. Seeing progress and breaking prs helps but doesn't motivate me like it did initially. It's still goals and in the back of my mind I think "you look how you wanna look yet? NO?! FUCK YOU GO TO THE GYM THEN FATTY"

But you're never gonna be 100% hype to go to the gym 100% of the time. Still fuck it do it.