Head Harness for Neck Gains

Do any of you guys have one of these? Which one do you own? What brand do you recommend? Chin strap or no chin strap?

I want to buy one and make neck gains.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wjiZaCJ6tCA
bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/lying-face-down-plate-neck-resistance
youtu.be/q7MCjaJ02eQ
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2009/07/whats-that-spindly-thing-holding-up.html
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2013/06/why-your-head-is-fucking-tiny-is.html
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2013/07/why-your-head-is-fucking-tiny-is.html
naturalstrength.com/2011/04/key-to-might-muscle-circa-1926-chapter_11.html
bretcontreras.com/neck-training-101/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just get strong at deadlifts and shrugs.
I have a 17.5" neck lean from them alone.

Just do shrugs. You'll fuck your shit up isolating neck.

youtube.com/watch?v=wjiZaCJ6tCA

As long as it's not the neck bridges, Jeff says it's fine.

>don't do one of the best neck exercises guys

im really tired of his gay ass "don't do these exercises" videos

i have a spud inc one and have worked up to 4x50 with 90lbs for extensions

no neck pain or anything just work your way up slowly

just drive a formula 1 car

Just have your neck in a fucked up position when doing shrugs and your neck will grow.

>Physical therapist gives alternatives that are safe and effective
>gay ass

The only reason to do neck bridging is if you're a grappler.

he trains his neck

bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/lying-face-down-plate-neck-resistance

You niggers are going to kill yourselves with this shit
Trying to isolate your neck is like trying to isolate your fucking fingers.

Work your traps, morons.

Just build up your neck bridges holy shit.
Who gives a fuck about that scrawny fake fitness guru?

Neck bridges are the easiest cheapest way to train your neck.

enjoy your bone spurs and 40 years of constant arm pain

you know grippers work by isolating your fingers right?

my asshole works by isolating your fingers. batter up, motherfucker.

>easiest way
>no way to progressively overload, unlike a plate and a bench

You do harder variations once capable why so dense?

The only training you need for neck is deadlift, shrugs, and bench press. Heavy ass lifts will do more for you than babby weight isolation gimmick exercises.

>Being this retarded

What's up guys it's sixpackshortcuts and today I'm gonna show you how to get EXTREMELY cut abs in only a few days. First of all, a lot of guys do weighted crunches to get abs. But it's a common misconception that crunches actually do anything. If you wanna get HUGE abs, stay away from crunches, they're actually BAD for your abs.

>No studies cited
>Just conventional broscience
No surprise here this is Veeky Forums after all

You think there's a study about growing the neck? Lmao.

I'm paraphrasing from Starting Strength.

>lifting heavy is broscience
>brb gotta hit my standing bosu ball alternating dumbbell shoulder press curl combo with 3 lb weights! Hits every head of the deltoid and bicep and builds the core, bro!

His other videos can be okay, but
>getting neck-building advice from a guy with a proportionally tiny neck

THICC

>tfw can't find a head harness that coordinates with my squat plug

had a neck harness for fighty stuff some years ago but it always fucked with my ears because of how it was designed. ended up giving it away.

some recommendations for a new one?

Yes there are studies on it that were done to test exactly what you just mindlessly parroted.

youtu.be/q7MCjaJ02eQ

In the description there are 10+ studies about this exact topic.

This is an appeal to extremes and not an argument.

>being 5'4"
>worrying about how masculine you look
Manlets never learn

Your neck muscles work isometrically to support the spine under a load, and you can work against an exponentially heavier load when deadlifting and benching than you can from suspending weights from your head using a harness or bending your neck to move a machine weight.

Heavier weight = greater volume = greater results. This is not even up for debate and it's not broscience.

lol
so every single muscle on his body has got to be fuckheug for him to be able to give advice on said muscle?
>Yeah, his biceps and triceps are good
>But his brachioradialis isn't proportioned optimally
>Therefore I will disregard all of his advice regarding pull ups and zottman curls

Your smaller muscles are not served as well with heavy lifts. They are the first in line for fatigue.

The point about compression and bone spurs that he brings up in the videos is a valid point, why are you so dense?

>the neck is the first thing to fatigue when you deadlift and bench
DYEL?

Keep it up OP. Soon you might reach these type of neck gains.

Smaller muscle group fatigue faster than bigger ones. Did you miss that experiment in grade school science or is it still ahead of you?

You didn't answer my question.

Who do you suppose has the bigger neck: the guy suspending a 25 lb weight from a head harness or the guy deadlifting 500 lbs? Take your time and think it over.

can the guy deadlifting 500lbs do the same 25lb head harness exercise? if not, then the guy with the head harness

You don't need to bother answering You don't lift.

Do neck Bridges and headstands. That's how my dad got a thicc neck. I have a decent neck too and I never train it specifically, I just do a lot of calisthenics and it gets worked out secondarily. As long as you are doing compound movements you will get a thicc neck after a year or so.

lol is that what he told you? bruh, your dad got a thicc necc from bobbing his head back and forth on my fat rod.

My boyfriend says you're a faggot.

that faggot? he only thinks i'm a faggot because i cry when he doesn't put his dick in my butt.

Contact sport people use calisthenics for the neck. So do yoga roasties and you chose to be inferior to both?

the guy who deadlifts 500+ and can do 70lbs 4x50 neck extensions

huh? what are you talking about bro. i'm not criticizing your dad's neck routine, i'm only saying that he sucks my dick. let's keep this civil.

I'm 6'3" lol

As someone said above with the picture of Alonso, F1 drivers train their necks.

Its for strength not hypotrophy though, so as others have said it's probably better just doing other heavy compounds and stuff like shrugs.

Admittedly I am on gear now, but I'm making decent neck gains atm.

W-why? Why out of all posts do you choose to bully me?

I'm not bullying you. Your dad and I are in love. The "lol" and flippant attitude are because I'm nervous about telling you.

whoever thinks deadlift or other compond exercises works neck better than neck curls/extensions, has never done a single neck curl in his entire life.

Just try and see how your muscles get sore in minutes.

W-well, jokes on you! My dad is actually a passive aggressive manlet!

if that's your impression of your dad, i feel sorry for you. he's a remarkable man, passionate and sensitive. he's an amazing lover. you never tasted dat butt?

To add, there are people who has been lifting for a while with deadlifts over 400lbs, and it is not that they acquire neck gains until they specifically isolate them.

And yea, I am one of them who gained much more neck girth within a month with neck exercises, after two years of lifting.

>pencil neck tells you how to grow a thick neck
Yeah, no, fuck off.

where in yurop can I cop one?

kiss a guy, he'll probably give one to you

I fucking hate that faggot

>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2009/07/whats-that-spindly-thing-holding-up.html
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2013/06/why-your-head-is-fucking-tiny-is.html
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2013/07/why-your-head-is-fucking-tiny-is.html
>naturalstrength.com/2011/04/key-to-might-muscle-circa-1926-chapter_11.html
>bretcontreras.com/neck-training-101/

are neck isolation worth it

If I somehow added incremental weight to one of my snapbacks do you think I'd get any neck gains from wearing it all the time?
Should I invest in lead hat?

It works for army men.

Exactly. So just deadlift and don't bother with meme exercises.

i deadlift more than you do, and i still think neck extensions are a good exercise for the neck and traps and have seen nice gains from them

you have a lot to learn fag

Alright I'm gonna start wearing a strap-on top hat and stick another 5lb plate underneath it once a week.

>someone disagrees with me and I have perfect knowledge and perfect opinions, so they have a lot to learn
You're one conceited asshole. You'd love /pol/.

no you're right, you read starting strength so you know absolutely everything there is to know about lifting, compound lifts are the holy grail and there is no need to isolate everything ever

retarded faggot

you've probably never even done a neck extension or pulled 500, but it doesn't stop you from depositing your dipshit worthless dyel opinion all over the place

you sound really hurt. are you ok? you should apologize bro. it's all banter until someone really gets his feelings hurt.

t. Fisher Stevens

Just calling it like I see it. Shame about that post cool down timer ;^( I never said you can't make gains isolating the neck. I said it's not necessary and I'm right. You can be mad all you want, but I'm still right.

>compound lifts are the holy grail and there is no need to isolate everything ever
This, but unironically

>googling Fisher Stevens to see if that neck was shooped
>suggested result "Fisher Stevens neck"
Does he have some sort of disorder or something? It's like a mad scientist replaced his neck with a 14yr olds forearm

This fucked Michelle pfeiffer in her prime. Think about that

I can't think about anything right now, my pussy be reekin'. Should I shower?

Ahh watching natural selection at work.

bump

He's handsome as fuck from the neck up, imagine how good he would look if he lifted.

Why are people so ass blasted in this thread? If you don't do the neck exercises that compress your spine, start slow and don't be an idiot, you'll make gains. Pretending like any neck exercise will kill you, is normie tier reasoning.

who is this manlet?

Holy fuck probably just (((genes)))

Does it get trained with pull ups? Is it maybe the lat pull down machine that isolates too much that made that guys neck small?

I remember when I used to think that guy looked good.

Better days.

you might be the bigger person, but youre not the bigger person.

I pull 585, and my neck never got larger from deadlifting. After doing high rep flexion exercises hanging off of my bed, my neck is already getting larger.

Deadlifts are great, but it isn't the magic exercise you non-lifting retards think it is.

Deadlifts don't really train anything in particular and are pretty much useless.

I have the spud neckharness and haven't used it for weeks. It works but it's also incredibly hard and awkward to use with free-weight once you get heavy. I would recommend just using plates and a towels or use the neck harness with a resistance band tied to a power rack OR hook the harness to a cable fly machine adjustable weight stack and use the weight stack. But free weight neckharness will eventually get awkward and fuck you up.

Uh, 17.5 inches is average. Lmfao! Dont listen to this guy.

No it isn't.
17.5" neck lean is big.
But you are probably dyel and/or fat. Its always the case with people who talk shit.

Just stop. Your ignorance is painful.

Okay we get it, youre a degenerate homo. Off to the gas chambers.

>entire poster chain
>forearms
>biceps
>quads
>hamstrings
>glutes
What did he mean by this?

what does an racing helmet weight? football players have pretty good necks and all the ones know never worked them directly.

Nippard isn't. He's a midget.

>17.5" neck lean is big.
It's average you fuck face. My bro is a wrestler and his is at 19, and he only weighs 160 lbs. Get rekt.

>get rekt

Kill yourself.

>studies showing that volume is what matters are all stupid!
>the big guy at my gym knows better
Your ignorance is a disgrace. Literally rejecting science

Sgut the fuck up faggot.

you don't need it but it works. watch alphadestiny most retards in this ITT thread are bluepilled on necktraining