QTDDTOT

How do you deal with strength loss on a cut?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i8uzXv29GrQ
outalpha.com/build-a-body-like-dmitry-klokov/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

By accepting that it is in inevitable and just a short-term sacrifice one has to make in pursuit of looking good.
Theres nothing you can do to stop from losing some strength on a cut.

By looking in the mirror and seeing aesthetic gains instead of strength

By watching yourself get leaner

Is muscle memory a thing when you come off a cut?

By looking at your body and realizing aesthetics>>>strength unless you don't give a shit how you look

Also, should I do static stretching or dynamic stretching before a workout, or both with SS first then KS thereafter?

The Deltoids Dahnald

Just starting out to getting fit, doing SS. I enjoy hitting a heavy bag, what day(s) would be best to incorporate this on?

I cry a little bit

If I'm doing SL 5x5 but I spend most of the day sitting in front of a computer, should I stretch or do movility exercises before/after the workout? What's the difference between streetching and movility exercises btw?

Any day *after* your lifts

Neither, you warm up. Stretch after. Do mobility on off days. There is a lot of crossover between the two but:
>stretching is for loosening up tight muscles
>mobility is for improving things like squat depth

Paleo/3rd world squats is mobility training. Touching your toes stretches your hams. Yoga can be a good cross between both.

During a cut I'm constantly doing my 1rm just to make sure i can maintain it for as long as possible, but it is inevitable on a long or extreme cut.

How do you season a fucking chicken breast?

Dynamic stretching before routine. I only stretch my shoulders and arms to avoid injury while squatting. Static stretching comes after the workout.

After SL gets heavy, sitting all the day in front of a computer will be a blessing for your gainz.

Marinate it in milk/juice with salt and black pepper for 45 minutes before cooking.

follow up to OP question, how do you minimize strength loss on a cut?

HOW COME ALL OF MY CHEST GAINS ARE GOING TO THE OUTSIDE OF MY PECS AND NOT THE INSIDE

I'M GETTING FUCKING CONCAVE PECS HERE I NEED HELP ANONS

post pecs pics

are you doing db chest work or all bb?

I find thyme, red pepper, and sage to be good complements to chicken

If you don't mind the salt you could add a pinch

If I'm skinny fat and trying to slim down, but build muscle, do I bulk or cut?

Should i eat 250 cals above my TDEE to gain .5 lb a week?

Bulk then cut sonny

I suck at macro managing. I still have over 900 calories left too but idk what to eat to get my fats and proteins up without raising carbs. Any macro dense food advice so I dont fuck up again?

what are some lower back muscles lads

Anyone familiar with female nutritional needs?

My GF is 5'4 140lb, and for the last few months has been eating 1000-1200 calories a day in addition to exercising 4-5 times a week. She's obviously losing weight and says that she feels fine, but I'm worried that she's eating too far below her TDEE.

hey fellas, I'm new to lifting and am wondering if the order in which you do exercises in a workout is important?
I.e. Should I do squats/deads last or first?
Or should I just follow the order given in the program?

Eat some beef and chicken. No carbs, and a lot of fat and protein

Always do main lifts when you're fresh and accessory lifts after.

Why not before

Not that user but dynamic stretching gets blood flowing and warms muscles/joints up for activity. Static stretching helps relax muscles/tendons and reduce swelling afterward to aide in recovery.

The milk I drank came out as diarrhea again. Do the calories and protons still count or did I flush my gains down the toilet?

What's a good weight to start for calf raises? Squatting lmao1pl8, still noob

Last time I maxed deadlift I was able to do 15 lbs more with sumo compared to conventional (I train both). Next time I max should I push for a bigger difference? Or play it safe and only do 5 lbs more than my conventional max? Trying not to snap my shit up.
>trying

if you want calves it's better to walk than run, they dont have many type 2 fibres so calf raises are generally fucking useless

New to lifting.

At what point should i start using a belt for deadlifts and such?

I'm only doing 1pl8 right now, but I'm still a little nervous about possibly hurting myself.

How to do planks? I went into a straight position as instructed and I'm told I have to tense up my stomach muscles which I did. I was able to hold it well over than a minute and I never worked out

I feel like I wasn't doing it right considering I hear so many people having difficulty with this

put your butt down like when you do a pushup, make sure its not in the air like almost to the floor or whatever natural position as long as its lower than parrallel and flex your abs, to make it harder you can put a leg in the air and alternate

What the fuck First Phorm and why is my friend trying to shill it to me?

you dont need a plate if you lift properly. people who injure themselves either have bad form, use too much weight to show off or a combo of both. you dont have to be mr. strongman

How do i know what increments i should be increasing my weights and reps at for bext efficiency and strength gain, is there an amount of reps i should aim for each time? I started going to the gym 2 weeks ago. Example
>today i managed 3 x 12 lying leg curls at 25kg (over last sessions 3 x 12 20kg) but it was difficult towards the end and im not sure i could do 3x12 the next time when i put it up to 30kg so should i am for something like 3x6? Or try for 12 and see how far i get even if i end up with something like 10/4/4
Example 2
>bicep curls, went from 3x12 20kg to 25kg 2x12 1x7 (was as far as i could get on the last set) - ill keep going until i can 3x12 it and increase weight. Try for the most again or aim for something

I'm a dancer, I need to strengthen calves/ankles to dance on the toe and have a nicer point through the foot.

I already run and do ankle stuff in the studio, just figure there's no harm in adding 2x15 calf raises to the end of my workout

A belt is not a safety device

Learn what it does nad how to use it before even shopping for one

And no, you don't need one yet

Fuck wrong thread and it wont let me delete.

Wait no its not, fuck

Does regular sex increase test levels?
Does regular masturbation do the same?

Erectors, arguably obliques and glutes
Longissimus or something maybe? Why you ask senpai?

Follow the order in the program
More important for SL/SS when you do deads/cleans and squats on the same day since it gives your lower body some recovery time, you could probably vary the order if you're doing greyskull but I don't see why

Be consistent though

whats the science behind rich painas 8 hour arms. Wouldn't working out that long cause your body to start eating your muscles for fuel?

How the fuck am i supposed to get 38g fiber per day? I eat fistfuls of spinach and its nowhere close. Are you just supposed to eat metamucil by the scoop?

yes
no
there is empirical evidence out there that states around 7 days of nofap your Tlevels peak for a short period but return to normal afterwards. I however don't suggest doing this is your goal is to increase your T-levels. A decline in testosterone, although it was less than a 10 percent drop, was linked to decreased sexual activity, so sucks to be such a faggot virgin op

I usually contemplate suicide and wallow in self pity for 2-3 months until it comes back and I start bulking.

Is this a dumb question on purpose?

1 oz of chia seeds is 10g of dietary fiber.

Like what are you even eating to not be able to have fiber in your diet? Are you a "only organic lettuce" vegan?

Rice, beans, veg, nuts, seeds, protein. They all have fiber.

How long should i stay on a Greyskull lp program?

If you're still here OP, literally 0 posters replied seriously to you

Yeah it will happen, but you can research BCAAs, or just take my word and start taking them during your workouts asap. They help stop the degradation of muscle, especially while cutting

What's your question

How would you hit up an embarrassing fat girl that you used to fuck but haven't even talked to in 2 years, esp if you know you could get a backseat bj within 24 hours?

Good opener? Easy way to non chalantly say what's up? I just don't want it to be TOO obvious when I message her, you know.

Pls no bully, this summer is dry and I'm not fapping

>about 60 min of walking at around 80kg
>250 kcal burned

is this plausible

1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Moving on to the Texas Method after 6 months of Stronglifts but i want to do deadlifts on friday instead of cleans. How do i implement them in the routine?

BCAAs are shit and do nothing worth mentioning. If you had researched them you would know this.

I was replying to OP

If you know she's single, maybe message her and say hi. Talk about whatever, how you've both been, be fun to talk to, and ask her to hang out. If she agrees, she probably knows what you're both there for. I'm no Chad, but that's what I would do

only beans and chia seeds seem to have them in high amounts, not a dumb question 38g is a lot dude and i dont eat piles of broccoli daily.

why the fuck do you need to? I'm over two years in and generally continue to gain strength while cutting.

2 cups of oats is 34g of fiber.

cheers lads

If I keep going on like this, I'll just open up with a simple, "hey what's up?"

It just makes it seem like I'm messaging her trying immediately to get my dick sucked is all, which is true. She's gonna say "what brought this on?" and I can't exactly say "DRY SPELL," you know?

I just wish there was some simple segue that I could use as an excuse or opener, like something we had in common, or a reason to pick up a convo 2 years later. Maybe I can just open with "u wan sum fuk?"

I'm really enjoying the cut. I couldn't commit to a bulk because I felt too fat already, so I wasn't eating as much as I probably needed to eat. But cutting is easy and the improvement is pretty obvious after a few weeks.

eat something with the milk, something substantial with fiber.

Do you have anything in common?

>At what point should i start using a belt for deadlifts and such?
at any point you want considering a belt isnt used for safety but for core stability and makes it easier to brace your core during the lift. If you have a fucked back a belt wont help

Same stuff we've had in common since high school, books, movies and such. Like I say it's different from a cold open.

We used to fuck, then I stopped coming around, now I'm tryna come back around. Oh well, if I get horny enough in sure a simple "how do you do," will work. I'll make up some excuse from the next status she posts, but fug I wanna get this started now

Why does 5x5 build only strength but 3x8 builds size when 5x5 has more reps

Those things aren't true, that's why.

As others have said:

>Poor Form = Snap City

>Belt + Poor Form = Snap City

>Belt + Good Form = Good Lifts

Get one when you're going past 2plate. A belt acts as a second pair of abdominals that you can brace against when you're bringing that weight up.

Also, make sure you get one that's the same width all the way around because those ones that are skinny in the front and big in the back (like the one you posted) are crap.

youtube.com/watch?v=i8uzXv29GrQ

It happens. Best you can hope for is to stay even.

I've been cutting for around 14 months (255lb down to 172 now) and my bench has been stuck at 185 for like 5 months. It sucks, but if you're on a cut, strength is not your pursuit.

The improved body you see in the mirror should be your #1. Don't forget that

How many calories should I shoot for on a cut? 20 f ~140 lbs doing endurance cardio, core, and some lifting (will modify routine as necessary during cut)

>oats
1 cup is 607 calories and 17g of fiber, where are you getting your numbers?

rub this shit into the breast and then straight into the frying pan
nothing easier
nothing tastier

I put aloe vera lotion on my DICK and went to sleep. I thought it would be fine but I woke up hours later to a burning nutsack. It's red and dry now. What's happening? It BURNS really badly. Made my dick a little red and dry too. I had no idea you weren't supposed to use this stuff. I thought it was just skin moisturizer like any other. It doesn't say to keep off any sensitive regions.

What do I do please help this is scary looking. My nutsack is moving.

I'm a fat 320 lb loser, how do I build discipline? I want to get Veeky Forums but I always break and go for the burger and vidya instead of being healthy and exercising. I don't want to rely on motivation because it's fleeting, how to I get disciplined and force myself to do it?
Inb4 "just do it fag" Believe me I've tried, I'm at my wits end here.

I find it a lot easier to eat better if I keep track of calories and macros. You could use an app or paper, doesn't really matter but apps are convenient. Since you're writing down everything you eat, you're always aware and able to stop yourself from making a bad decision. It does take a little more effort to track your food, but it's worth it.

Also not related to willpower, but eat things that are actually good for you if you're hungry. It's easy to binge eat hundreds of calories in candy, chips, and soda, but you could have the same number of calories in a meal that's a lot more filling. Take some extra time to prepare your own meals rather than eat things that are heavily processed

I don't know if this will work for you, but I have eczema and only use dove sensitive skin soap and use CeraVe for lotion, specifically this blue jar. Maybe it will help

Stop buying burgers and throw away your vidya
Discipline comes from yourself. No one can teach it to you. Either you want to get Veeky Forums, or you don't.

I say 500 deficit w/ plenty of protein. Too much below that and you feel awful.

1) How do I improve my tricking ability. I power clean 155, DL 275, squat 225. I also am a sprinter so I think I have the vertical and power, but I can never land my shit, I generally fall on my side during the cheat gainer, or sometimes fall on my neck and tweak my shit.

2) How does a KV get a girlfriend. I'm not super ugly or anything, I SHOULD be able to do it I just don't know how. I also have male friends so my personality is at least passing.

Some of my compound lifts (bench, OHP) are plateauing even when I'm trying to eat more. Are there any accessory lifts I can do that will help them or what am I missing?

I have some muscular imbalances in my arms. Just an issue with strength at the moment. (Left needs 5lbs less weight to hit the same reps as right). What's the best way to ensure both sides stay the same?

I goto the gym 4 days a week,
Would it be smart to cut on off days and bulk on lift days?

Also am i a pussy if i ask for a spot on a smith machine?

Lateral raises(delts),tricep pull downs and incline bench press(upper pec delts and tricep)

Nigga if you need a spot on a smith machine stay home fucking kids I swear

thxs 19 just new to lifting

more generally, how do you deal with loss on a cut?

five stages of grief

What do you guys think about this program?
outalpha.com/build-a-body-like-dmitry-klokov/

Obviously I know I won't look like Klokov just because doing this program, but I want to change my routine because I got bored with the current one since I've been doing for months. So, what do you think about this one? Has any of you followed this program before? If yes, how was it?