I am pretty sure I have the best press on Veeky Forums

I am pretty sure I have the best press on Veeky Forums
300 lbs, soon to be 315, anyone here even close to that?

Too bad that's not you.

too bad your like 5'5

incline overhead press

Nice standing incline bench-press there lad. Also bar should be resting on your upper chest when you initiate the lift.

Deload to 85 lbs and try again.

Come back when you can at least squat what i press

All memes aside, I don't think anybody is going to say that you're not strong, but for most people that's not an OHP.

How is it that people still don't know what OHP looked like in competition?

Nice vertical bench press

I don't watch decade old powerlifting tapes?

texas

>powerlifting
retard

>thumbnail

Your grip should make it so that your forearms are parallel with the bar initially. You'll fuck up your shoulders like that.

It's not you though. I'm mirin the lift but I know it's not you.

Can someone help me with my OHP form?

>bar should be resting on your upper chest

according to what? the blog you read once about pressing? what the fuck is stretch reflex?

jesus fucking christ the salt ITT is overbearing

Yea but how the fuck do I get webms to play on iOS without vlc?

if this is proper OHP form then im a pajeet

use vlc

You have the best standing incline bench, I'll give you that.

Shouldn't that exercise isolate your triceps and shoulders?

In this webm it looks like a chest and abs exercise.

>look at me lift all this weight
Yeah OK but take 90% of the weight off and lift it properly above your head.

We are not doing "bodybuilding" here, otherwise we would just be on gear while using machines

its not about safe proper form or range of motion its about dem PRs to put on snapchat bro. dyel?

Horrifying to watch

Pretty solid. I'd keep an eye on your low back, getting pretty bowed. You don't want to get hurt.

Sheriff of cuntingham good day to you as well

All these retards trolling, meanwhile guy in the webm is now pressing 315 and no signs of injury, care to explain?

what something looked like in competition is irrelevant to performing an exercise correctly for the purposes of hypertrophy with minimal injury.

Newsflash retards. 1, the OP's webm was posted like 2 weeks ago by someone else.

2. This is actually at Rip's gym where they are doing the "olympic" press and not a standard The Press. Why Rip is making them do that I don't know but it seems ineffectual.

Do you understand that we are training for strength here?

Is correct OHP form the greatest question of our lifetime?

>care to explain?

exercise science user here. this is basically what's happening in the lumbar spine. this can lead to disc herneation or other problems like sciatica

don't use iOS

just dont ohp at all right amigo?

Can you explain the image you posted? I'm really confused by it.

They stopped doing OHP in competition because people were doing it incorrectly.

look at this guy's overhead press.

his back is completely straight and remained almost completely straight during the motion. the only motion you should have during OHP is having to tilt your head/upper back backwards a little bit -- far enough to get your face out of the path of the bar.

in the image I made JUST FOR YOU, we see two exaggerated lumbar vertebrae. say L1 and L2. When the gent does the standing overhead press, he is swaying his belly way forward and his upper back way back, causing his L1 and L2 to pinch together. this SMASHES the disc between his spine, possibly resulting in an instantaneous trip to

you guessed it

SNAP CITY

this is what "snap city" really is. it doesn't mean snapping anything. it's shit like this. you can injure your spinal column doing this and be paralyzed.

yes it is
its just not a strict press

here's another excellent image from stronglifts. as you see with OHP you start with the bar against your clavicles. when the movement begins, you do lean your upper body and head back a little bit, but this is just to clear your face from the path of the bar. As you raise the bar above the level of your head, you are leaning back inwards into a straight posture. When you lower the bar back down you repeat the motion in reverse and lean your head back initially, then straighten your back as the bar passes below your chin to rest in front of your clavicles.

Not user who posted pick but its vertebrae, one being in perfect posture(straight) and the other would be pinched due to hyper extending the back like the press related. down the road could lead to slipped, pinched, bulging, herniated disks. Great way to fuck up a back

You dumb newfags how are you fallin for this?

I forgot the OHP was an Olympic lift
>oh wait
This thread is gay

Ok thanks got it. I appreciate the explanation. I bend my knees very slightly, just so there not locked, but I move the bar as close to a straight line as I can. Is there any negative consequence of slightly bending your knees?

>"how do you bench, brah?"
>"standing up"

if you bend your knees at all the exercise involves your lower body in the kinetic chain. the reason you keep your knees totally locked with stuff like OHP is so that ONLY your upper body muscles are engaged. you really want to avoid bending knees.

I press my 8 inch dick in your auntie's cunt lad

That makes sense, thanks again.

thisif you use competition form for every lift in the gym you will fuck your shit up. Unless you actually compete just practice good form.

That's why it was removed tho...

...cheat lift bending your knees to propel up with the momentum...

>can't see giant red X's

>look ma i posted it again

Oh is that what those were for...I'm used to the circle with the line through it for the "Don't Do This" pictures...those X's and check marks are tiny and unnoticable just saying

>the bar drops down in the beginning

it's a no-lift

>i'm a stupid fucking phoneposter: the post

fuck off

OLYMPIC FORM

gee i wonder why it is no longer in competition

>the standing bench

Colorblind too?
Fuck you not all of us are retarded like him.

i can push press 315lb.

bend your back all the way to the floor and bench press the weight for a full ROM

Sorry man I press 316, sometimes even 317. Tough luck pal better luck next time.

>bar should be resting on your upper chest when you initiate the lift.
Horse shit. That just makes the bottom portion of the lift involve a ton more traps for narrower grips or longer forearms. Starting height will be governed by grip width and anthropometry.

Sideload fortune

Maybe it's actually that we know that was the whole reason they took it out.