So after trying to buy new paints and finding I wear a fucking size 48 I'm trying to lose weight...

So after trying to buy new paints and finding I wear a fucking size 48 I'm trying to lose weight. I got a free treadmill off some elderly lady on craigslist and have been walking two times a day for 30 minutes each, once in the morning, and once around 9 p.m.

I've also completely replaced soda with water, and will also potentially have carbonated flavored waters once I do more research on it.

My main question/concern is loose skin. I'm a big dude, always have been since I was a kid. I weigh currently 340 lbs. and am concerned I'll have a lot of loose skin. What can I do while losing weight to try to prevent my skin becoming loose?

how tall are you?

post belly pic.

I'm 5'11

from what angle should I do it? front? side? I'm completely ignorant to this stuff so forgive my stupidness.

The only answer is to lift and workout. You can just remove all that mass and have nothing to replace it and expect everything to be hunky dory. If you want to minimize lose skin while losing fat then you must gain muscle.

This is going to sound noobie as fuck but I own a couple sets of weights. Would it help to just lift some lighter ones while I sit at the computer (I'm a developer so I spend most of the time at the computer) and then do some pushups and situps every other day?

This. Loose skin will either happen or wont based on genetics and how much wait you're losing, this isnt much you can do about except maybe fill in some of the skin with muscle

Light weights arent going to build any muscle. It will burn a little bit of calories, but its more trouble than its worth imo

pretty much this. if you don't do any Strength training while losing 5-10 Pounds a week(AKA Crash Diet) you are going to have a fuck ton of losse Skin. their have been Super obese people who have lost weight without hardly any loose Skin.

Age also has a big part to do with it. if you do Strength Training while Losing Weight, and do a Gradual Weight loss. your Chances of having Terrible loose Skin go Down Dramatically. Despite the Idea that skin is like a ballon, it isn't.

Skin is a living Organ, you treat it well, and healthy and it will form almost to exactly how you imagine a good body to be.

Body Type also effect it pretty hard. if your Short and all your Fat is located in one place, chances are you will have loose Skin in that One place. however if your a Good height(6FT+), and your Fat isn't in just one area. loose skin becomes much less of an issue. also helps if your Fat isn't out like 2 full hands.

You had me worried there, I thought you were some soccer mom who walks on a treadmill for 3 hours straight instead of running. Be sure to run when you loose the weight.

My belly looks exactly like that, fuck. Went from 325 when I was in high school, muscular 185 now about 15 years later.

Best thing you can do is lots of water and accept that loose skin is the price you pay for sins of the past. They're battle scars in your war on obesity. Now go win that war, bruh.

If I could do it over again while transforming, I'd:
>drink a gallon of water daily to stay hydrated increasing skin elasticity (for that shrink back)
>Take supplements for healthy skin daily
>Cocoa butter three times a day
and most importantly...
>Lose weight at a slower rate. 1lb per week

In the beginning, I'd lose 5+lbs per week, then 4, then three, etc.) until I approached a normal body size. Once I was 180lbs, it'd take a few weeks to lose a pound.

I'd avoid rapid weight loss. Starting weight was 300lbs, 6ft.

Literally have to not run at all to lose weight. Your personal experience is not fact.

That is, you *can* run. Not even close to a requirement. It'll mostly just up your appetite without increasing your metabolism, pretty big waste of time unless you can actually make a net calorie loss despite running increasing appetite.

Read what I said, run once you loose the weight.

Also, don't you fucking DARE do cardio exclusively. You better lift, with an ACTUAL routine with proper equipment (even planet fitness is $10 monthly with access to basic equipment) otherwise you will become a skinnyfat doughboy.

>don't you fucking DARE do cardio exclusively

^^^

Seriously, it doesn't matter if you want to look swole or not, lift. None of this "i dont want to look too big" nonsense that you use as an excuse to avoid or half-ass resistance training. You can always cut and decrease muscularity in favor of a lean physique afterwards.

>a fucking size 48
no joke

walking for a bit and drinking water won't magically make you thin, you need a remedial fatty course in life

1. no fat in your diet. this applies to meat, dairy, nuts, and anything else fatty. you want your body to consume the fat; the only reason i eat any fat is because my BF% is single digit and i don't want to burn my gains for energy

2. do a real workout. "light cardio" is boring and shitty for weight loss. if you can't do much, at least upgrade flat walking to stairs. also, do pushups, situps, and other basic things. do yoga for flexibility

3. preemptively heal your skin. i hear fatties often get bad skin because they were so fat. eat lots of dark fruits and garlic (antioxidants), drink apple cider vinegar, get enough sleep, make sure your skin firms up with your muscles

4. posture and breathing. learn to carry yourself properly so you don't walk like a fatass slouch when you're normal again. back straight all the time, always be aware of how you're sitting or walking

never drive if you can bike, never bike if you can walk, never walk if you can run. godspeed user

also post belly

brother, you don't look bad at all

i truly believe you can fill that core in

STOP

This whole post is broscience besides sleep enough which is fucking obvious.

Calories in VS out will get you where you need to go. What gets measured gets improved. Any exercise is good. Do as much as you're comfortable with and slowly increase it over time. Eventually you'll associate hunger pains and delayed onset muscle soreness with physical progress and enjoy the sensations as weird as that may seem now.
Read the sticky. Good luck

most people who are not Super obese can fill it in.

loose skin isn't huge on most people, you start building lean muscle, and it is hardly ever noticeable. the people who have loose skin problem's are the light Cardio only people. or the Super obese(400+)

Dude I am you. Any other tips? Don't want loose skin when I make it

Jesus you guys actually care about loose skin?

>don't eat fat

Don't listen to this fucking uneducated idiot. Lipids are a necessary macro nutrient and your brains relies on it for function.

Fat contains 9 calories per gram, as compared to protein and carbs that contain 4 calories per gram. Therefore, it's a lot easier to rack up a higher calorie content with foods higher in fat.
Example:
Food A
>0g fat = 0 calories
>20g grams of protein = 80 calories
>16g carbs = 64 calories
>144 total calories

Foob B
>16g fat = 144 calories

You see how easily fatty food can rack up your daily caloric intake? The trick is to LIMIT fatty consumption to decrease your caloric intake. Strictly limit saturated and avoid trans fat entirely. Look for Monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. Food such as Nuts, Fish, Avocados, seeds ect.) are great sources of healthy fat. Without fat in your diet, your hair and skin will turn to shit and you will look awful.

you should lose no more than 2 pounds per month, so your skin will have time to adapt, you can't have it fast unless you want loose skin, it has to be fucking SLOW, loose skin is way worse than being a fat fuck imho

>>drink a gallon of water daily to stay hydrated increasing skin elasticity (for that shrink back)
>>Take supplements for healthy skin daily
>>Cocoa butter three times a day
>and most importantly...
>>Lose weight at a slower rate. 1lb per week

You could do all that and you would look exactly the same.

If there were a magic bullet for loose skin people would have figured it out and no one would spend thousands of dollars on skin removal.

okay, I was under the impression that the circumference of OP's waist was literally four (4) feet around

there's no need for him to actively consume MORE fat, which is still fat whether or not it's "good" or "bad"

it's always better to eat as much guaranteed non-fatass foods as you want until you're satisfied, unless of course you're venturing into "malnourished" territory

>being so fat that you wear paints instead of pants

Rub coconut oil on your stomach and man tits after you shower and take 1,000 mg of vitamin C with breakfast and again before bed.

That will keep your skin soft and your collagen high to prevent skin problems and keep your skin tight. That doesn't mean you won't have any loose skin but it will keep it to a minimum.

Lifting weights will also mitigate the loose skin problem.

>delayed onset muscle soreness with physical progress and enjoy the sensations
>tfw no sore muscles
But you can keep your hunger pains, hunger is horrible.

>any other tips?

For skin, no. In general... don't skip legs. We've lived most our life fatasfuck, my brethren, carrying around an extra 100+lbs for YEARS. Although our joints took a hit, we have the superior calves and quads due to our gluttony! Don't let that potential go to waste!

I'll jump in here.
Currently 97.3kg (165cm) at last weigh in, down from 108 at my heaviest 3 months ago.

I'm only doing walking for exercise right now but assuming the new shoes I ordered fit I'm joining a gym and starting SS today.

How bad do you think it be?

You are definitely going to need surgery, your stomach is hanging

Start lifting now, and lose that weight slowly. Drink plenty of water and don't give up.

genetics hasn't been kind to you user. it look's like almost all of your Wieght is around your belly. which means you are almost gurrenteed to have some loose skin.

the Good news is that with Proper care you can keep it manageable.

make water your Primary Go to drink now. Drink at least a gallon a day. also look into Vitamins. no offense but you look closer to 340 than you do 215.

There is no crease in your bely button region, so you wont have a belly button frown like But you will have a massive flap of skin hanging below your abdomen, over your pelvic region. On top of that, another difference is you want have a chest like because of the size of you moobs. You will have excess skin hanging from your chest, with your nipple drooping well below where it should be. The tummy skin flap will be hidden when tucked into pants, but the saggy chest will be visible through thin shirts. 100% cotton will reduce the visibility, stay away from polyester.

Good luck!

I'm not shocked to hear that, I've been carrying this around for a while.

How slowly is slowly? I'm aiming for 1kg a week with my deficit, but that doesn't factor in the 6-8 miles of walking I do every day.

If I'm definitely going to need surgery anyway, should I still try to go slower?

Yeah, it certainly feels like most of my weight is on my belly. My arms, for example, don't seem as bad as other fat people's can.

I've been drinking water almost exclusively (some unsweetened green tea once a week or so) since I began losing weight 3 months ago.

What vitamins would you recommend?

As for the last part, I guess I'm glad I look fatter than I am, if those are my options. I'm losing weight steadily now, and I don't plan on stopping.

Ugh, I was worried about a massive flap but that makes sense, yeah. I think that's probably worth getting surgery for, once I make it.

Thanks for the photo reference to the chest, that's helpful.

is loose skin a concern if your max weight ever was 218? Currently 201

I'd be more concerned with the fact you assume we know you're body fat percentage and height.

Yes, because it depends on your height which you haven't given.

I'm , and before I was 240 I was 218, my stomach was definitely big enough then to be a loose skin problem.

your*
sorry

>"I want to lose weight, here's the long list of things I'm doing like cutting carbs, drinking water, going jogging, wearing magnetic bracelets, pranayama, converting to ostroveganism, blah, blah, blah"
>MIA: counting calories and eating at a deficit

Every single motherfucking time without god damned fail.

he looked better before

Depends on your height. I was 240 lbs, and then went down to 160 lbs over the course of a year and a half. Hence why I have lots of loose skin.
4kg a month is probably the max you should do. I'd honestly would go to 3.5kg a month. I know I overdid my weight loss by doing 10-15 lbs a month.

it's not so much about your weight. it's your Age, along with your Genes, more Specifically how tall, and how the Weight is spread out. say you Weighed 340. but you were 6 Foot 2 in. and the Weight wasn't just in 1 area it was all over the place. you have basically one the Obese lottery. because you don't have to much Weight in 1 area, because of this your Skin will only Stretch so far. because it didn't over stretch. you won't have as much of a loose skin issue.

if your under say 6 Feet, and you weigh more than 320, whelp RIP you didn't win the Genetics Race. you are essentially Fucked.
2 pounds a week is the absolute max I would ever lose. anything more, and loose skin is going to happen.

stop looking for fucking excuses to GIVE UP before you've even begun. just lose the fucking weight fatso, the skin will sort itself out or it won't. either way it's better to have loose skin than die of a heart attack a year from now.

Yes.

I'm 25 and went down to 176 from 221 at my highest - have some loose skin and stretch marks on my lower stomach (definitely not bad as OP's photo though).

His clothes make him look skinny. Better fitting clothes and he'd look much better.

>went down from 315 to 246
>stomach and breasts still haven't shrunk at all

I'm going to need surgery after going down to normal weight, aren't I.

If you were 315 you'd need surgery no matter what, man.

Bump

not neccisarly. it's all about the body type, and person really.

plenty of 300+ people never had any real issues with loose Skin. that being said if your short, and fat your Fucked.

No, you have to lift heavy things to build muscle. Also eat protein.

Godspeed, fatties. You have extra motivation to make it and proof of a strong willpower if you do.

>concerned about loose skin

Recovering fatasfatass here.
>170 down from 315
>lose weight slowly, over the course of 3 years
>use creams and all that bullshit
>loose skin, almost exactly like the OP picture

Realistically, there isn't a ton to do about it aside from bulking/cutting cycles to fill out the loose skin more, or getting surgery.

Stop giving a fuck what people think of it. Take your shirt off proudly, and if anybody snickers or laughs then fuck them. If you're out to lose weight to impress other people, then you're gonna be self conscious about your loose skin. If you lose weight for yourself, you're gonna look at the skin like battle scars, from a time where you were weak but you overcame it.

Some people will be impressed by it. They'll see it as an achievement, even if it isn't an aesthetic achievement. Some people will think it's ugly, and that nobody should even have that much to begin with. Point is that everyone will have a different reaction to it, but your reaction is the only one that really matters. Fuck what everyone else thinks.

>bulking/cutting cycles to fill out skin more

Can you explain more? Have you found any success with that, or are you just saying it might have some small impact?

Also congrats, man. Any advice for someone who just started? Anything you wish you had done or did but didn't need to bother with?

>explain more?

Sure. The dude in the OP picture has obviously wider hips than his sides. Working his obliques would help fill out his sides with more muscle, which would pull the loose skin out tighter as those muscles grow. Add in adonis belt, abs, pecs, quads, and arms and you've hit all of the main areas where loose skin tends to accumulate. If you give the skin something to tighten around, it will tighten (unless you do it too quick and make it stretch more)

>Have you found any success with that
I haven't gotten to that point yet. In 5 lbs I will hit my original weight goal, but I'm going to go a bit further because I don't think 165 is low enough for me personally.

>Any advice for someone who just started?
Plenty.
>it's something you will struggle with every day
>every day is a new day to fix the fuckups of yesterday
>you will cheat
>you will suck at counting calories, get better at this especially
>keep hydrated, and cut as cleanly as you can. This will make it easier to stick with it, and you won't feel like garbage from not getting enough nutrition
>get a regular sleep schedule
>find ways to make yourself active (active job, active hobby, etc). Makes it much less of a braindead grind than just going to the gym and being autismo on your stats
>find people to support you, but don't rely on them
>get Veeky Forums to impress yourself, not anybody else. The second whoever you're trying to impress stops caring, so will you
>don't tell people how much you've lost, or that you're close to a goal, and honestly try to keep your goal to yourself whenever you can. Telling others gives you a sense of satisfaction as if you've already finished, and you will lose motivation to fully achieve your goal
>accept the fact that you're choosing to abuse your body, and that it isn't your parents fault, or your exs, or whatever bullshit we fatties use to justify it

And finally
>Life is infinitely better without having an extra person's worth of weight on you at all times

Do you cock gobblers have any opinions on using liposuction to jumpstart a weight loss transformation. Assuming ~30lbs. overweight and all centered in the belly.

Assume you can easily afford surgery, would you do it?

To be honest, the current research for long term fat loss suggest this to be one of the only ways to avoid long term (read: permanent) endocrine derangement.

>endocrine derangement
Sauce or elaborate in laymen terms

Fat cells are more than storage containers.

Fat cells actively secrete leptin.

Leptin encourage consumption when fat cells are depleted by increasing the hunger signals.

Depleted fat cells are primed to partion incoming calories for storage.

These fat cells do not die.

Ergo, in order to truly reset the metabolic changes that comes with obesity (i.e. increased fat cells) these fat cells need to be physically destroyed (i.e. lipo).

I appreciate that a lot. I'll keep it in mind. Lifting starts tomorrow after work.

I wouldn't. The only way to keep weight off is to change your habits to be healthy, and the best way to do that is to do the work yourself to make those behaviors into habits. Shortcuts like surgery or crash dieting seem, to me, like they would harm your long term chance of success.

Doesn't matter. Just one that accurately portrays how big you are.

>normal again

Ain't ever been normal, user. Learning how to be normal.

I'm pretty sure you are literally the only person who would give a shit about that loose skin. I don't even think surgeons would bother removing it.

This post is so much fucking nonsense.