Challenge friend to see who can do the most pull-ups in one go

>challenge friend to see who can do the most pull-ups in one go
>he manages 15
>I nearly shit myself but manage 21
>his ex-military dad wants to join in
>76 y/o veteran
>"You gals watch me"
>old bastard does 54 pull-ups without breaking a sweat

Turns out that old dog is also a jiu-jitsu black belt, and could hand us our asses despite being >50 years older than us

Can't underestimate your veterans

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YruU1UsrK08
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

And then everyone clapped

user challenges military veteran to a fitness challenge and YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

thanks for sharing your stupid retarded story that no one though was cool or interesting

sage

M8 dad strength is no joke, as long as you're not eating at a deficit you'll generally keep your strength into your 50s.

My old mate can strict curl 30kgs each hand no problem and he's the most wiry lookin old fella

You know you could've just kept scrolling, but you'd rather write a useless complaint instead

That man's name? Albert Einstein

This is powerful.

lol @ having a kid at 50 is your friend autistic and retarded?

OP and others who talk about apparently busting out 15+ pull ups, are these actual, dead hang pull ups, or pussy, momentum swinging, half down pull up. Because I can legit push myself to do 25 in a row, I think, but that's only because I do a full body weight routine every morning. Maybe I'm too Anal with my form (I explode up, lower very slowly, hang full stretch, then explode up again) and it makes it harder to do more but I have a hard time believing anyone (except complete dyels) can do 54 actual pull ups at 50+ unless they are obviously fit enough to do so

Even when taking genetic outliers into account, there is no fucking way some 70+ old man did over 50 actual pullups. Not even with both legs amputated.

Nothing wrong if men do it, it's women that fuck the autism up.

came here to post this

Men continue to produce sperm until old age.

Fresh unaltered sperm unless they lived massively unhealthy lives in Chernobyl or something.

Women produce all their eggs during youth, then they are exposed to all sorts of shit throughout life, which can cause defects in older age.

Men != women

How the fuck is dad strength a thing

like what causes it

>Get strong
>Eat enough that you maintain a good amount of that strength
Also I suspect that part of it is that the average person is less physically fit nowadays.
Look at old highschool fitness tests if you want to see a comparison.

>but that's only because I do a full body weight routine every morning.
Could you give me info on that? I'm trying to do something similar. Mostly interested in how many sets you do and if you work to failure.

>implying this happened

1/10.

Generally I do 2 sets. The first for 15 (I always double count the first and last rep so I guess 17) and the second set for 5 (I guess 7). Nothing too fancy because I also lift 5 days a week so I don't want to exhaust myself. I do the following exercises each morning in the routine

Handstand pushups
Full dead hang pull ups
Full body dips using two chairs or a walker
Full dead hang chin ups
Decline push ups (feet on chair, use those perfect push up things because it allows a little better range of motion, also do 50 of these)
Forearm dead hang pull ups (my bar has those two parallel bars so I grab those from the inside, reverse my grip essentially, these I only do one set of 10)
Leg raises
Pistol squats (one set of 15 each leg, slow as possible going down and explode up)
Calf raises (50 sets each leg)
Planks (hold for front and both sides a minute each)
Back bridge (floor where I do it is too slick for me to want to do neck bridges, hold this one for 45 seconds)
Bicycles (one set of 50)
Jump rope 20 minutes

Because it's not too many sets I can get it done in less than an hour. If you want to make it harder just add sets I guess. Have been wanting to pick one Sunday a month and do as many as I can of each in a row

obviously they are vibrations

Thanks for the info. You're doing a lot of stuff. How's your body looking?

>If you want to make it harder just add sets I guess.
Well, that's the thing. I'm starting to realize that making a workout harder isn't always the best thing to do. I think that I tend to work myself too hard and it causes me to stagnate. I read an article recently explaining that, for natty athletes, it's better to work regularly, but not too hard, so that you end up triggering protein synthesis often but without using too many proteins. How do you feel about this concept?

>Time to shitpost on Veeky Forums about my "friends" "dad"

This is one odd lie. I am very worried.

Why are people ignoring this?
Strict pullups: chin above the bar and deadhang on bottom position, and no kipping.

If we're talking flailing-pussy pullups, I can probably do 50s myself, because it's all about forearm strength and momentum.

Sure is reddit in this thread

haha Imma posted this /r/fitness who wants to be in the screencap?

>dad strength
>not granddad strength

youtu.be/YruU1UsrK08

put me in the screencap lad

>truck doesnt budge when he drops it in
fake

I'd say it looks ok. I feel like I don't have enough knowledge on protein synthesis to say anything meaningful to that concept. I usually go all out lifting and then either take the body weight stuff slower or faster depending on how I feel. I also sleep a lot. If I ever feel lethargic I usually cut something out of my daily schedule, typically the first thing to go is my mile run post lifting, but thanks to the copious sleep I get from being a neet it hasn't bothered me yet

Fridges aren't that heavy, just fat and cumbersome
It's washing machines you gotta watch out for.

Why did you capitalise anal in that string of words?

I'm glad he responded. You needed to hear it.

t sam "the clan" hyde

So where is the line drawn between kipping and engaging abs during a pullup? I don't swing back and forth like a chimp but I do use a little core on my way up.

>So where is the line drawn between kipping and engaging abs during a pullup?

you do weighted pullups instead like a man so you engage your abs without pulling yourself forward

Literally sounds like a fabricated "support duh troops" story my 54 year old aunt would share on facebook

Things that didn't happen: The Thread.