/FAT/ General - "No edition" Edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
Fatty fatty boombalatties of Veeky Forums who want to lose weight.

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DsVzKCk066g
amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R3NUSJ416QW472/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B000QSNYGI
amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R2VOWXNLCGRV7J/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B000QSNYGI
onceuponachef.com/recipes/soft-pretzels.html
mega.nz/#!0Q1EzKYS!_xCrio63rKm7589hCts9YsuhzF-6Gt1vSYrLZaVAEZQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Drink yakult if you are having troubles shitting normally

>thinking about posting about how I spend 2-3 days without shitting now
>user reads my mind
thank you

How many flights of stairs can you climb before you get winded?

Two I'm ok, three I have to breath heavy to recover. I'm hoping to climb a mountain next year so I'd like some perspective.

Before I started losing weight, this 1156 step stairway totally wrecked me. I'm hoping to try it again soon.

Really tired to the point of passing out tonight. I still hopped on my bike to work out because this is the time I usually work out.

Whatever it takes to make it

Going on holiday from tomorrow

Will probably break diet a bit, but I am going to be walking many hours each day so hopefully that justifies it.

That's the spirit. Just don't hit the "pain is good" mindset, if you have an injury stop and get it checked out.

If you are the same guy from last thread, you can be aware to some degree of how many calories you are eating and burning, even on vacation.

Nothing so fucking strange than family, friends and coworkers trying to sabotage you... I can only imagine it's not malicious but its so strange.

>I know you're being good but have some of this giant giant cake
No thanks
>go oooon
No thanks
>Have some!
Repeat

I'm down 64lbs and it's beyond irritating not to mention i'm beginning to resent some of these people

iktf. My mom is completely idiotic about diet and nutrition. Knows absolutely nothing and has an unwillingness to learn. Her knowledge is limited to whatever fad diet or meme advice she maybe one time kinda sorta heard.

My sister also bakes a shit ton of sweets and just leaves it around the house even though she's supposedly on a diet (her body says otherwise). Luckily I hate her too much to give her the satisfaction of eating her food, so it's not tempting. Thanks, spite.

>started at 315
>goal is 175
>currently at 246
>tfw almost at the halfway mark

I'm gonna make it, anons.

I never had this problem before I started losing weight, but I'm down 75 lbs now and feeling great about my progress..BUT... I don't feel like doing dating(OKC, POF, Tinder, etc) until I make it to my goal weight. Part of me now feels that I am worthless unless I make it. Is that weird?

2nd day back on the bandwagon of good eating, first day back in the gym. Cigarettes die tomorrow. It's easy if I just don't have one in the morning.

Went on a week long binge of shit food and alcohol. Scale didn't move at all. But I realized I didn't feel any better or happier, so what's the point of doing that shit? Literally just slows me down.

Onwards. Sort yourself out.

Gj keep that shit up

Starting my 20 day water fast today

Wish me luck

Will only be taking salt and bcaa pill once a day

RIP user.

No one actually do this please. Keep a realistic deficit and exercise if you aren't losing as fast as you want. It's a crazy idea, but it works.

imo the people who do these "water fasts" are fatasses who won't a magic lose-weight-quick option because they have no willpower, which will cause them to break the fast after a day and just binge themselves.

No one who is healthy would ever advocate extended fasting.

Do it nigga

Hiking is the best

I need to restart by body and stop my addiction to glucose

I MADE PEPPERED BEEF JERKY AND ROLO COCKTAILS IN MY MOUTH AND IM NOT SORRY

>plateau at 183
>cant stop thinking about food

Maybe you've noticed other benefits on the way to making it /fatg/

youtube.com/watch?v=DsVzKCk066g

CONFESS

I went over in my calories today. Though I did increase my bench and deadlift. I plan on making homemade pretzels tomorrow. I have no clue how many calories they have. Sorry in advance.

My shins hurt and I ate a whole carton of laughing cow

181cm. I jumped from ~80kg (already fat) to ~90kg after taking meds that makes me gain weight. Stopped taking them but never lost weight again. Started practicing sports 5 months ago 4 times a week. Didn't make a difference still at ~90kg. I don't drink or smoke, stopped drinking carbs 2 years ago. Hard to drop sugar but even cutting all sugar I don't seen to lose weight. Even so I think I'm eating way less than 2,7k cal a day thats my TDEE.

The only thing that worked for me was keto, and I gave up after less than 1 month. Started lifting 2 weeks ago. Keto is incovenient but I don't know what else to do.

Stupid question for you. On the diet side of things, is the change in ingredients in ON protein powder that people are spazzing about on amazon actually an issue?

amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R3NUSJ416QW472/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B000QSNYGI

amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R2VOWXNLCGRV7J/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B000QSNYGI

Is autism about sucralose and xanthan gum an issue?

Honestly, I hate heights. But I feel like it's a goal worth setting since I'm getting fit anyway.

If you are making them, you know what's going into them. You can find out the calories in that shit, man.

second half is harder than the first. good job user, don't stop.

okay well I'm pretty sure that you could accomplish that in 2 or 3 days at the absolute most. don't put yourself totally out of commission for 20 days, that's bad for you in ways other than cico

>sucralose
Personally I don't like this one because it seems to mess with my blood sugar. Usually gives me low blood sugar. Lucky me though I got a big bag of the old stuff that should last me a good while.

If it bothers you then buy another brand or use ON naturals.

onceuponachef.com/recipes/soft-pretzels.html

Yeah, after looking up all the ingredients and doing the math. Total pain.

You can import the goddamn recipe into MFP. Do you want to make it or not?

I just did it for you. I'm so upset with your shit you've given me more motivation to not half ass it like you.

lost an absurd amout of weight this week (2,5kg), didn't trust my scale, moved it to my kitchen with a more even floor, still says i lost 2,5kg. I don't believe it.

Do core exercises for flatter stomach, like vacuums, planks and such.
When your gut hangs like that it means weak core muscles

>I think I'm eating way less than 2.7kcal

I found your problem. People always underestimate their own caloric intake. Actually find out how much you are eating, and then cut it down to 2,000 kcal (if your TDEE is really 2700).

>You can import the goddamn recipe into MFP.
What do you mean? Look up flour and make an entry?

could be the result of a water weight fluctuation. don't let it get to you head or distort your expectations. progress, as measured over 3 months or half a year, is much much more meaningful than progress as measured over a week.

that being said, don't become discouraged if next week you weigh in and you weigh the same amount. it doesn't necessarily mean that you're plateauing - your water weight loss might have just reversed. water weight fluctuations can mask fat loss just as easily as they exaggerate it.

if you get stuck at the same weight for a whole month, then you're plateauing and you have a problem. but don't let the exact week-to-week numbers get to your head too much.

No, you can literally copy and paste the text right from the website in a single block and it'll give you approximate matches. It's not as accurate as doing the work yourself, but at least it isn't completely giving up.

In conclusion, don't you quit on me you fat fuck

>tfw need to lose another 40lbs by august 21st for when me and the lads go to greece

dont think im gonna make it

Height?

What's your height and current weight?

>6'2"
>220lb

Yeah 40lbs in less than 2 months is not likely. But aim for 20 m8. I believe in you

Help me out here /fat/, I need some strategizing for these next couple of months.

I'm heading back to school at the beginning of September and want to look slimmer than I am now. I'm currently weighing 204 lbs. and measure at 5'10", floating around ~26% body fat. My current method is cutting at about a 800 calorie deficit to slim up, and participating in martial arts a few times a week. I'm not sure what end weight I'm aiming for, but I do want to be within the range of 20% body fat.

Should I stay on track with cutting and exercise? or would I likely look better if I went for maintenance and exercise? Or would bulking & exercise for muscle gain be worth it at my condition?

I just did it manually because that import thing is crap. Lot of calories for some damn Pretzels.

why did you go over in calories today?

you could've said no to the donut even if it is offered to you.

i have lost over 30kg at this point, i'm not mad or discouraged if next week is same or even higher than it is now but i'm just not trusting that scale anymore.

FUCKING
SHIT

I saw the 1800 cal limit and I was hit with an intense wave of raw, unbridled envy. Budgeting calories for a 5'5" woman as opposed to a man is so incredibly frustrating.

>mfw I have to budget for 1200 cal each day
>can't have any sweets or it wipes out almost an entire meal
>sweet tooth stages a riot every evening and I wanna scream
I'm so freaking addicted to sugar, it's insane!! I won't quit no matter what, but I'm going to be sour about it the entire way down to 125 lbs.

(Anyway, good on you for not going wildly overboard. You're gonna make it, dude!)

Eternal skinnyfat here.
Used to be overweight but got super depressed and stopped eating, went all the way down to 180 in 5 months.
Back up to 195, healthy weight but the 15 pounds is all fat and I have no muscle.

Curious what everyone's perspective is on shit gyms.
My anxiety will not allow me to go the uni gym, I usually go hungry instead of going into stores and that's the only reason I'm not fat anymore.
I have one other gym I could go to, it hardly has people there and most of them are old.
This is because it is a gym for the hospital, so there are almost no weights.
It pretty much has two benches and a smith machine.

My OCD forces me into a "all or nothing" mindset very easily, if I can't do compound weights correctly I don't want to do it at all.

Any advice m8's?
I have no concern with changing habits and doing shit, I'm not lazy and have changed my diet many times.
My troubles are focused more on autism.

this argument just doesn't make sense, you eat less yes but your body also needs less. You shouldn't be hungrier than an average man trying to lose weight.

Pretzels are just bread, of course they have a lot of calories.

People think pretzels are healthy because they aren't fried, but they are still calorie dense.

I'm glad you learned about what you were putting into your body.

I wasn't making an argument. Just envious feels about being able to eat more, even though it only means he needs more.

I kind of see where she's coming from... eating more is more satisfying / fun. it just feels better to eat more substantial portions, I think, even though your needs scale according to your size

>I saw the 1800 cal limit and I was hit with an intense wave of raw, unbridled envy.
Don't be that jealous. I started at 256lbs and I'm down to 237 in less than two months. A severe deficit for my height and weight. Also that one log has more snacks than I would normally eat, meaning usually it is no snacks.

>I can't have sweets or it wipes out almost an entire meal

Eat smarter, not harder. This is my treat every day, one square of a Cadbury chocolate bar.

So close I can taste it
All I want is a good body now. It's my only constant in life is my weight loss, It's all my life is.
So close

>tfw skinny 6'3" lanklet and have a TDEE of ~3000 calories

>tfw skinnyfat 6'6" lanklet with a TDEE of ~3400 calories

Maybe don't make pretzels? You ate enough for 4 days.

You are fat enough to gain on a cut piggie so keep cutting.

Cutout the butter, dressings, and deserts and you have yourself an easy way to lose weight user.
>inb4 I need dressing
You learn to like vegetables.

keep at it buddy, im the same, used to eat 2 pints of ben n jerrys at one go then i quit cold turkey, now the cravings for sugar are a lot less.
also lost about 22lbs lifting and keeping track of calories, so theres that.

God speed user

>want to look slimer
>decide to eat less
>"help /fat/"
????
Do you want /fat/ to give you magic berries that convert fat into muscle tissue?

Just got my first pair of athletic shoes. I always assumed it was a scam, but man are they comfortable.

Hey fat fucks. Veeky Forumsizen here that never went over 15% bodyweight ever. You jealous? You mirin'?

I hope all of you make it. Good luck!

its hard to be jealous when you are what is normal, but thanks for the best wishes m8

>join /fat/ and get super excited
>make a bunch of bernds and spend a few hours a day on Veeky Forums
>go from 103kg to 87kg
>actually look good with some muscle definition from running and bw exercises
>stop coming to /fat/
>balloon up to 93kg
>come back to /fat/
>go down to 89kg
>look like absolute shit because I simply lost all the muscle and look fatter than ever
every time I lose weight I lose it from everywhere except my man tits. Every time I gain weight it goes straight to my man tits. What the fuck is going on, they're just comically large now. Should I just become a trap?

The real hard part is maintaining the weight you lost. I lost multiple times weight just to gain them again and some...

New Balance are an underrated brand. Every pair I've ever bought from them is comfy as fuck

Yesterday I binged and ate at maintenance :(

Is it possible to lose 2kg in 4 weeks?

Yeah. I've lost 6 in a month which is roughly 4 weeks

Yeah, that's like a pound a week. I think you can lose up to about 2.5lbs a week without problems, can't remember where i got that from though

yeah 500 calorie deficit will do it

4 weeks = 28 days, 500 calorie deficit per day --> 28*500=14000, a kilo of fat its around 7000 calories so that your two kilos right there

You can lose 2kg in 2 weeks safely, my guy.

Lost 5 pounds in two weeks on a 700 cal a day diet :(
Hard work for meager results.

I've started a routine of deadlifts, bench presses, and squats every day. 50 bench presses and 50 deadlifts with 25 squats (genetic issue causes horrible knee pain, thanks mom).

Should I be doing more or less? And how long should I be lifting the same weight?

That sounds like dangerously high results to me

1. That's probably bad for you, just eat like 1200-1500 and exercise a lot more.
2. That's pretty damn good, -10lb a month is great.

mega.nz/#!0Q1EzKYS!_xCrio63rKm7589hCts9YsuhzF-6Gt1vSYrLZaVAEZQ

Wasting a lot of time if you aren't adding weight almost every session as a noob.

Not sure what to do about your knee pain though.

Thanks. And yeah, it kinda blows. My mom's side has had bad knees for generations.

>implying the 15% isn't when I'm bulking
I still legit hope all of you are gonna make it.

I overate today. 2800 calories. Was originally at 2300. Hopefully tomorrow goes a bit better for me.

Im on a 2800 ish daily deficit, eating around 1400 per day with 2 hours of exercise everyday im down from 322 lbs to 307 in just a few weeks and it feels amazing

How do you make oatmeal not taste like shit?

Put some peanut butter in it. Just a wee bit of course.

I'm in the same boat user. I'm borderline cocoon mode. I go to work for my weekly shift. I have one friend I visit twice per week (I don't have a yard, so we're doing a gardening co op at his place, and we go fishing/hiking one a week), and I go grocery shopping twice per month. Other than those activities, I spend all of my time on physical and mental fitness. I kinda wanna shock everybody when I make it. I just fell off the face of the earth when I decided to get my life on track. I'm down 70lbs now, and when people see me at the store, they notice. Feels good, but I still feel like a disgusting fatty. I get embarrassed when people tell me I'm looking good. It really rustles my jimmies when they tell me I'm looking slim. No, maybe less bloated, but not slim. I'm 5'11 and 280lbs, down from 350. Feels good, but bad at the same time. At least I'm down from morbidly obese to regular obese. I find it more motivating to ignore my progress, and instead focus on how much farther I have to go. I use my depression and self loathing as fuel to improve my life. Got off track here, sorry.

/blogpost

I just force it down

I went on a hike yesterday and came across some wild raspberries. I ate a hand full and didn't log them.

I had a square of cake from the break room and I fucking hate myself for it

I ate a small dinner last night, and this morning was so hungry I ate 440 calories worth of breakfast when I'm supposed to be doing IF

>you look better than you ever have!
>but you need to start eating more

>you look even better now you lost more weight
>but you really need to start eating more now!

Sup /fat/ I've been doing keto and IF for close to 3 months. Here is my progress so far... Here is a photo of me a few weeks in.

Here is a pic of me taken just this morning...

Ive started eating a few figs/prunes as my sigar fix

its working so far, they are still calorie dense but at least they dont have all the other shit that choclate etc has