Keto

Is keto really a meme? Should I do it?

Someone homopill me on keto.

Other urls found in this thread:

rockstarresearch.com/these-5-genes-predict-what-kind-of-diet-and-exercise-is-best-for-your-body-2/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26278052
youtube.com/watch?v=MzHLAqyO7PQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Low carb diets will leave you with so low energy duder.

Only a fucking American can think eating a massive amount of meat dipped in cheese constitutes a diet.

Tried keto for a month. Lost a lot of weight (mostly water I'd assume) Lifts in gym went down. Felt drained in the gym.
Do not recommend. Just count calories and burn off more than you consume.

dont listen to these carb addict plebs. ive been on keto for 3 weeks and feel great. no loss of performance.

why do keto if u can still eat carbs and lose weight? i dont get it

>no loss in performance here
>still benching 90 pounds, everything's been good

this

Dudescience dictates that if you don't eat any carbs, your body has nothing else to burn but your fat stores.

3 weeks lmfao

I did it for over a year.

then threw some clean cycles in

~7lb of fat loss a week.

you do get a bit spacey from it but just drink coffee
when it's done you'll learn to respect carbs and
know the dangers of eating too many.

with 30 mins of exercise a day I lost ~100 lbs on it so it does work.
i went a little far on the sit ups toward the end and was doing ~500 a day then was doing them with 2-20s and 2-30s on my collar bone.
drink a gallon of water a day minimum so you don't get kidney problems from pissing ketones all day

>carb addict plebs

I just ate a bowl of boiled barley kernels with a few drops of hot sauce. I don't eat this shit because I'm addicted to carbs. Let me guess what you ate today: cheese, bacon, eggs fried in butter, deli meats, and some faggot coconut oil coffee. Your diet is a fucking pussy diet for little fatboys that only want to eat grease and salt.

btw get the piss test strips to really know if it's happening.

also if you steam all meals and sub salt for lemon it helps a bunch.
take vitamins for brain function also.

you'll be highly dependent on coffee

>sub salt for lemon

What everywhere I read said to drink broth to avoid keto flu

piss strips don't work for blood

i'm just reporting what i did m8.
main greens were spinach and broccoli as well

wat
get the ketostrips and piss on them every day to monitor levels ya dip

do more research bro

First year chem textbook will tell you that your brain requires carbs to function. If someone removes all the carbs from their diet and feels fine, probably don't let them near any heavy machinery or let them outside without an adult.

rockstarresearch.com/these-5-genes-predict-what-kind-of-diet-and-exercise-is-best-for-your-body-2/

Follow the flow-chart

Just try it for like 2 weeks. First few days are low energy but just push through it. As a biochem major I say it had no long term health arffefts. But then again science changes every few years. Just try it and stop if you don't like it. You won't die pussy

Keto levels will be highest when you start the diet before your body goes in to ketosis and pisses all the ketones out.

If it works, you should see them go up then back down again as your body starts using them as fuel. Also, you will barely pee or poop.

>First year chem textbook will tell you that your brain requires carbs to function

First year chem textbook is wrong

>Your diet is a fucking pussy diet for little fatboys that only want to eat grease and salt.
Solid point. What medical journal are you published in?

For anyone serious about fat loss. Leave this Chinese bull riding forum and search the web. You will quickly see the best diet for fat loss is restricting carbs. Research for yourself, ignore rippletits obese shills.

>You will quickly see the best diet for fat loss is restricting carbs

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26278052

>19 adults
>obese

If you eat a ketogenic diet below maintenance, you will lose weight. If you eat above maintenance you will gain weight. It's not magic.

Carbs affect your water retention, so when you first cut them out you lose a lot of water weight all at once. This gets a lot of people exited when they first try it out since they can lose a few kilograms in the first week, unaware that almost none of this is fat loss.

Since fatty foods tend to fill you up quicker for some people this makes it easier to stick to a calorie budget. If this is the case for you, go ahead. It's a lot harder than people think though. You should at least know how to track calories and macros before you start. Carbs are everywhere and if you don't keep track you'll be eating 50g/day when you think you're eating none.

I personally don't like keto because it makes it a pain in the ass to eat out or have a dinner party, while with calorie counting you can simply lower your portions or leave your mashed potatoes without having to ask how exactly the roast was prepared or looking up how much carbs a head of broccoli has again.

Whatever floats your boat though. If it works for you, it works.

Is there a problem?

Keto has been debunked same as intermittent fasting. No references cos fuck you google scholar it.
Just look up precision nutrition meal design too see what God tier meals should look like without calorie counting

Keto debunkers have been debunked same as intermittent fasting debunkers. No references cos fuck you google scholar it.

They followed there assigned diets for 6 days. It usually takes a minimum of 3 days for your body to enter ketosis.

19 people is also a very small sampling size.

And I didn't think this thread nor Veeky Forums in general was targeted towards obese people. Obese people need to stop eating burger king 3x a day, and try walking around walmart rather than rascaling around.

Ketogenic diets are great for people who have ~30lbs. of fat to lose.

yeah the problem is your retarded.

>lost 100lbs

dude your opinion doesnt really matter to most of the people here who are actually fit (like me).

please do not talk like you're one of us, thanks

So restricting carbs isn't better for fat loss unless you restrict so much that you're ketogenic, and ketogenic for several days/weeks? Sounds like special pleading

19 is not a small sample size for this type of study. Unlike most studies about carb or fat restriction and fat loss, this is a very carefully controlled study using isocaloric diets and measuring fat oxidation. Obese people have fat to lose, making them an obvious choice for participants.

>19 is not a small sample size for this type of study.

Because everything works for obese people, and their metabolism is fucked up.
Need to see with normal weight ppl who wants to loose weight to see if carb (what kind of carbs aswell) are better than fat to loose weight.

It's a metabolic ward experiment, it's not an epidemiological study. You rarely see more than a dozen people because you don't need more than that to measure the things you're looking at.

fat oxidation increases as carbs are decreased dude how hard is that to understand. checkmate.

>Sounds like special pleading
The point of restricting carbs is to enter a ketogenic state, where your body uses stored body fat for fuel.

>19 is not a small sample size
lrn how 2 science

and insulin, no ?

> everything works for obese people

Yeah, and restricting dietary fat worked better than restricting dietary carbs.

>The point of restricting carbs is to enter a ketogenic state, where your body uses stored body fat for fuel.

You use body fat for fuel on either diet. That's what happens when you eat less calories that day than your body requires to operate. If you eat TDEE -500 with carbs, your body uses the carbs you ate and then gets the rest from body fat. If you eat TDEE -500 with fat, your body uses the fat you eat and gets the rest from body fat. Your body doesn't ignore the food you eat when you're on keto and go right to burning body fat. That's just getting stupid with the word fat.

For 6 days tho.
You need to consider aswell the type of carbs you are eating and insulin.

6 days is all you need to measure the impact of macro composition on rates of fat burning. It's not a general diet trial where they wanted people to lose weight over 6 months and let them eat whatever they want. They made specific diets, forced the fats to eat them in a controlled lab setting, and as accurately as possible measured the fat loss.

>You need to consider aswell the type of carbs you are eating

The low fat diet didn't even use good carbs, it had 170 grams of sugar

>Let me guess what you ate today: cheese, bacon, eggs fried in butter, deli meats, and some faggot coconut oil coffee.
Broccoli soup and 2 chicken breasts (with skin) with spinach and tomato salad. I'll have some greek yoghurt with flax seed later.

Maybe you shouldn't let memes dictate your view on things, user.

>dude your opinion doesnt really matter to most of the people here who are actually fit (like me).

>people here are actually fit

>people here actually lift

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Not keto

>completely ignoring the advances in modern endocrinology and metabolism and how CICO has been comprehensively debunked

huh who didn't activate his almonds

>Not keto
Why not? I'm staying below 20g carbs with that.

It's mostly protein, little fat

>It's mostly protein, little fat
I get the fat from the chicken skin, the oil in the tomato salad and the flax seeds. As long as I don't throw myself out of ketosis with the proteins it doesn't matter.

Keto is typically 70% minimum calories coming from fat. Are you using keto sticks to see if you're in ketosis?

>CICO has been comprehensively debunked
Yeah your landwhale girlfriend who underreports her intake and then blames her thyroid sure is proof that thermodynamics is no longer a valid science

I dont do keto, but im trying 'low' carb for a few weeks now (100-125 g). Results are pretty much the same as before, when i ate around ~225 g of carbs. Only my energy and strength dropped quite a bit.

I do eat more protein and less sugar, so thats something.

What does thermodynamics have to do with the body regulating it's homeostatic point? calories in calories out, but if you're eating the wrong food you'll feel hungry and you'll use less energy because the body will conserve its bodyfat

this is well documented and understood

different sources of calories affect metabolism and hormones differently

Keto does nothing, I've done it and it's fucking stupid unless you want to cut super fast while you're on drugs.
I honestly believe if you do it for prolonged periods of time like the keto people on reddit do it can be extremely detrimental to your overall health.

You do know it's all bullshit and the body doesn't really start using ketones as its primary fuel source right?

From the "slowest" to the "fastest" metabolism is at the most 500 calories. Thats just a bullshit excuse people use. Its cuz muh metabolism

explain?

Lmao people who think keto is a meme telling others they are not doing keto right

500 calories is a massive fucking difference where it comes to the resting point of a dynamic system which varies from like 2000-3000 calories

>keto isn't a meme, it worked for me
>what did you eat?
>a non-ketogenic diet

>Are you using keto sticks to see if you're in ketosis?
Yes, and I am.
>Keto is typically 70% minimum calories coming from fat.
Don't see the point in consuming that stuff when I'm trying to burn it.

>it's non-ketonic even though you're in ketosis because I say so
Come on

A calorie is a unit of energy. Energy cannot spontaneously be created. Only converted from other forms of energy or matter. If your body uses less energy that literally means less calories out.

Fuck, you're retarded.

Keto is objectively the best diet for weight loss. It removes hunger, gives you insane energy and you lose fat VERY fast. Eating carbs on a cut is literally like putting out a fire with gasoline.

youtube.com/watch?v=MzHLAqyO7PQ

Keto: Debunked

>people lose weight when meticulously managing their calorie intake, often for the first time in their lives

wew lads

>vegan

hmm

kek

>this whole post
That's what happens when people are permitted to go on a Manchurian oyster-smoking anonymous forum to give health advices.
Brain tissue can and will use ketone bodies as energy source in case of low glucose levels. Also your liver can produce glucose both starting from certain aminoacids and as a byproduct of catabolism of triglycerides, so even on restrictive keto your glycemia won't ever drop under a sustainable baseline level.

Actual human physiology is a little different from what you read in your your high school chem textbook lad.

keto diet is the best diet

>keto does nothing
>unless you want to cut super fast
Bravo, well posted my friend!

i already posted in this thread that I lost 100lb on a keto diet.
how can it be debunked if i have first hand
experience on the matter?

thats like telling someone that went to a lynard skynard concert that they didn't play freebird
when the person who went sang along to it
and took video.

kept works if you follow the rules but most importantly
like with all diets aimed at fat loss
you need to do a minimum of 30 minutes of cardio
per day.

i wouldn't push further than a 700 calorie deficit though.

INPUT+OUTPUT=RESULTS
CALORIE INPUT+AMOUNT OF CALORIES BURNED=WEIGHTLOSS

try to figure out your bmr by using the guestimation
charts but also knowing which foods cause you to
inflate.

also to the user that says you don't pee much or poop much

you need to drink a gallon of water a day so you're
pissing constantly.

shiggy diggy

don't fall for the 23andme con
go to a real blood work lab

Best thing I ever did for my weightloss. CICO will only get you so far before you have to watch your macros and keto is the best way to do it.

Already did.
I know it's not totally well-known science, but is it totally useless? I tried keto diet (followed it very strictly) and got shit results, doing much better with low-fat and lo-and-behold my genetic results came back saying that would be the case for me.

Where/ how to get real blood work?
Will insurance pay for it?