How do I improve ankle mobility?

How do I improve ankle mobility?

I did an ankle mobility test: place your toes 4 inches away from a wall, and attempt to touch the wall with your knee. If your ankle lifts up at the heel at all you do not have adequate mobility to perform squats and deadlifts.

I failed.

Anyone got any recommendations for mobility exercises?

Get in squat position, set barbell on knees/bottom of thighs, roll across while stretching achilles

Or else just regularly squat at home for several minutes a time several times a day

Just buy shoes like the rest of these anklet frauds.

>mobility

My knees dont go past my toes when i squat 200 kg

Your test is stupid because people have different body sizes

An olympic lifting coach gave me a great tip. Do what the chick in photo is doing with your back against a wall. Start with your feet far enough in front so that you can keep heels down. Over time, move your feet ever so slightly closer to the wall as your mobility improves incrementally.

Thats a stupid test. Someone with short femurs would suck at that test. And someone with inflexible ankles and long femurs would do well in the test.

Anklets

how does femur length doesn't affect the amount of dorsiflexion you need to touch the wall

it determines how far back your hips go in relation to cog, thus how upright you can squat

and even short femured asian weightlifters use shoes, some even add additional heel height to be able to reach their optimal atg position

semi-related to this thread.
But when I squat how low should I go.
I'm going like snatch low at the moment since that's obviously the depth I hit when I snatch.
But then I see people going less.
Is this purely a mobility issue on their behalf?

nobody squats that low, not even elite weightlifters, unless its for paused reps

parallel is fine

You have a short penur

But isn't it easier to catch the bounce at the bottom of the squat if I'm going low?
I kinda feel I'm holding an isometic contraction by pausing before my end range?

"Chick"? Haha, didn't realize this was the he-man woman-haters club.

use google

I can squat to the ground without my ankles lifting, but, when I start adding weight over 180 lbs ('meritard), I have to shorten depth in order to maintain form.

>inb4 get better core stability

Working on it currently.

>tfw sufficient ankle mobility but never did any stretches

Veeky Forums literally does not know that google exists. they rely on anonymous posters on a mongolian flyfishing forum.

Look up Aaron horschig vids about ankle mobility. Can't remember which vid it was from, but he goes over it all in his squat university stuff. Super helpful as he basically allows you to self diagnose then get corrective stretches and what not. There's a half kneeling ankle dorsiflexion stretch where you kind of lunge into the calf stretch which was the biggest thing that helped me

work on ankle mobility also your hips might be tight

your hips are making my pants tight

fpbp
This is the best possible stretch you can do for ankle mobility and to increase squat depth on olympic style squats.

roll through leg towards the feet, or upwards through the thigh?