/Routine General/

Welcome to /Routine General/.
Share your lifting routine and ask questions you may have about exercises and programming

Some quick info for beginners

>#1: Read the Sticky

>If you are just getting started, a proven and popular program is always going to be better than something you came up with, save yourself the time and headaches
>If you still don't know what to do, SS, SL, Reg Park's, ICF or any Linear Progression Strenght program based on the big 3 lifts will be ok

>Wanna get into Powerlifting? Canditoe's 12 week program is your best bet
>Want some more aesthetics? Look into Greyskull LP, it's a template you can customize, the book's pdf is pretty easy to get. Pic related is a popular version

>Bodyweight exercises, while not the best for muscle gain, are a good gauge to know if you're gaining too much fat too quickly. If your Rows and DL are progressing but your pullups are laggin behind, chances are you gotta cut back on the milk and oats

>Unless you're pretty advanced, Cut/Bulk is not really needed, just stay at a sensible bf%, eat healthy food, plenty of protons and veggies and you're ok

>"Cardio kills gains" is a meme, if you want to be healthy you need your cardiovascular system in check. Just lifting weights is not enough
>Low intensity cardio is not the best but it's better than nothing, lifting & being able to run 5k is better than just lifting weights and sitting on your ass all day
>HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) is the best both for cardiovascular health and weight loss purposes. Do that if you dont have time to run for 20 minutes

>You SHOULD be stretching, make it a habit. Mobility is important both for gains and safety
>Starting Stretching is a good place to begin
>10 mins of stretching twice a day, morning and evening, or just once if you dont have the time
>Do not static stretch before lifting, stretching cold muscles makes you more prone to injury and somewhat hinders you strenght (albeit not to a great extent)

Lift responsibly

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162916931
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>After 4-6 months on a LP beginner program, if you are struggling to progress and have been deloading a bunch, you might wanna look into a more intermediate-y program.
>If you keep progressing by all means ride out that linear progression as much as you can

Some popular Intermediate routines are

>Texas Method
>>Madcow
for maximum strenght gainz
>PHUL.
Good trade-off between Strenght and Aesthetics
>PPL
more aesthetic's centric

Don't do brosplits. Your muscles take approximately 48 hours to regenerate after a workout. Training them once a week is a loss of potential gains, also those routines are filled with volume, due to them being 1 or 2 muscle groups per day, so strenght gains are non-existent.

This is the routine I'm currently on.
I started out 1.5yrs ago with SS, went on to GSLP and then PHUL. Finally settled on this ULPP (Upper Lower Push Pull).
This is a good routine if you dont wanna completely forget legs but also dont want to train them twice a week.

>Day 1 - Upper Power
Bench Press 531
Cable crossovers 3x8
Chinups 3xF + Pulldowns 3x8
Rows 3x6
OHP/DB shoulder press 3x6
BB curls 3x8
Tricep Pushdown/LTE 3x8

>Day 2 - Lower Power
Squat 531
Leg Press 3x8
Deadlift 80%5RM
Leg Curl/RDL 3x8
Calf raises 3x12
Abs: planks, hanging leg raises and cable oblique twists

>Day 3 - Push
Overhead Press 531
Bench 3x8
Dips 3xF
Cable crossovers 3x10
Incline DB 3x10
Tricep pulldowns/LTE 3x10
Cable lateral raises 3x10

>Day 4 - Pull
Deadlift 531
Chinups 3xF
Rows 3x6
Pulldowns 3x8
Facepulls 3x8
Shrugs 3x15
Curl variation 3x10

AxBxBxA

A
25 jumping jacks weighted
200 jumping jacks unweighted
100 squats
100 lunges
200 jumping jacks unweighted
25 jumping jacks weighted

B
25 pushups weighted
100 pushups unweighted
35 dumbbell benchpresses
35 dumbbell overpresses
25 pushups weighted
100 pushups unweighted

I saw this routine on Veeky Forums a while ago is still good?? been doin it for 5 months now and have been making pretty good gains but I'm looking to switch it up

One thing I forgot to mention regarding supplements:
>A good diet is the first thing you should strive for, figure that out before buying any supplements
>whey is fine to hit your calories and macros, it's not required
>creatine can help, but it's not required
>while you should get most of your micronutrients from a healthy diet. Integrating Vitamin D3 and B12 can help

Dont buy the stuff your gym PT is shilling at the info desk. Research on your own.
Labdoor and Examine.com are good resources. Myprotein seems to be a good overrall site to get shit, they have sales often so you can snag 2kg of whey for like 20€

What are your goals?
If conditioning and some strenght is, then seems ok.
If you wanna gain strenght, there are more efficient ways to do so
It all depends on what you wanna achieve

What's the 531? 5, 3 then 1 rep?

the % are of your estimated 1RM

Doing 5/3/1 and want a little more frequency, would pic related work?

I am liking your posted version though, Currently doing 5/3/1 with 5x5 of the main lift using second set weight as the main accessory

The aim of this was to get a ss style going with 5/3/1 but have a feeling the sessions will take way too long

try it and see if you can bear it
why no ohp?

Can someone please give an example of a good PPL?

What routine is it where you do 3x5 squats, then do 2x12 drop sets of squats immediately after?

I always see some dude doing it and I wonder what priogram he is running.

drop sets are literally worthless. he probably designed that shit himself. yes, it's possible to design a routine on your own, it's not rocket science.

What's a good body weight routine lads? I don't have any money for the gym anymore.

Monday: Chest/Biceps
4 sets of Incline Dumbbell Press, 8-10 reps
3 sets of Bench Press, 8-10 reps
3 sets of Incline Flies, 8-10 reps
3 sets of Chest Dips until failure
3 sets of Barbell Curls, 8-10 reps
3 sets of Preacher Curls, 8-10 reps, then drop the weight to half, and push out another 8

Tuesday: Legs/Calves
4 sets of Squats 8-10 reps
3 sets of Lunges 8-10 reps
3 sets of Leg Press 8-10 reps
3 sets of Leg Extensions till failure
3 sets of Leg Curls 8-10 reps

Wednesday: Back
3 sets of Lat Pulldowns 8-10 reps
4 sets of Deadlifts 8-10 reps
3 sets of Bent Over Rows 8-10 reps
3 sets of Dumbell Rows 8-10 reps
3 sets of Hyperextensions 8-10 reps

Thursday: Shoulders/Triceps
4 sets of Shoulder Press, alternate with Barbell & Dumbell every week 8-10 reps
3 sets of Upright Rows supersetted with Lateral Raises 8-10 reps
3 sets of front raises 8-10 reps
3 sets of Lying Rear Delt Raises 8-10 reps
3 sets of Close-Grip Bench Press 8-10 reps
4 sets of Pulldowns 8-10 reps
3 sets of Skullcrushers 8-10 reps

Saturday: Full Body
3 sets of Deadlifts 8-10 reps
3 sets of Squats 8-10 reps
3 sets of Clean and Jerk 8-10 reps
3 sets of Weighted Pull ups 8-10 reps

Did I meme myself lads?

Thoughts on the Veeky Forums version of Greyskull LP?
Namely pic related.

>volume is useless

The main driving force of progression is useless? Wowee, please teach me your other secrets.

>volume is useless
I never wrote that, you fucking idiot.

A:
squat 2x5,1x5+
hip thrust 3x10-12
weighted chin up 3x 6-10
dumbbell bench press 2x6,1x6+
triceps+biceps workout

B:
deadlift 5x3
front squat 3x8-10
weighted chin up 3X6-10
romanian deadlift 3x8-10
horizontal pull variation
farmer's walk

week1:AxBxAx

week2:BxAxBx

what do you think bros?

week1:AxBxAxx
week2:BxAxBxx

my bad

>Did I meme myself lads?
Yeah, your routine is a shitty brosplit. Even with the "full body" day.

>not making up what you're gonna do on the spot
lol tryhards

Please dear god this. I've seen so many versions online I have no idea which ones are good.

Any recommendations for good routines for females? I'm getting my gf into lifting. She's 5'4", around 100 lbs, so pretty skinny, and looking to bulk up a little. I'm trying to find something more weight-centric and lower-body focused but all the shit I can find is "ten sets of 50 reps bodyweight to tone the booty you deserve!"-type garbage.

>5 exercieses everything is 3 sets of 10
aahhahahahah

coolcicada's PPL is always recommended.
Just gotta add Deadlifts to Pull day (or legs depending on your preference

probably just a PT program, they like drop sets

pic

>Did I meme myself lads?
most likely
hop on a PPL or some other good routine

it's fine, I like the amraps and used them myself.
But I feel like phrak's is more structured. Veeky Forums's version fucks with B day and the accessory work is a bit funky. I preferred to use the phrak's template, which is afterall GSLP and build from there, adding the accessories I found I particularly needed.
For example, my shoulders fucking exploded just doing OHP and it's almost my best lift, so I never really supplemented it with accessory work

do you want to particularly help your deadlift? you're doing accessory work for it and nothing for the squat

brought to you by your resident Veeky Forums trap

Rate my girl routine

+ 4x8-10 seated hip abductions before calf raises

Routine (Upper/Lower):

ULxULx

Upper 1:

Bench (heavy week work up to 3x3 max @120kg)
Barbell Row (heavy week work up to 3x3 max @120kg)
Dumbell Seated Shoulder Press (heavy week work up to 6x3 @34kg dumbells)
Rear Delt Fly 3x12
Tricep Dips (heavy week work up to 8x3 @40kg weight belt)
Barbell Bicep Curls
Chest Fly

Lower 1
Deadlift (heavy week work up to 2x2 @180kg)
Leg Press 5x8-10
Ab rollout 5x12
Calf Raise 4x12
Leg Raise 3xfailure
Standing Calf Raise 3xfailure

Upper 2:
Standing Barbell OHP (heavy week work up to 3x3 @70kg)
Incline Barbell Bench 5x10
Pullup (heavy week work up to weighted +25kg)
Tricep Rope Pulldowns 4x10
DB Rows (heavy week work up to 3x6 @46kg each)
Preacher Curl

Lower 2
Squat (heavy week work up to 3x3 @160kg)
Leg Extension 5x10-12
Calf Raise 4x12
Ab Rollout 5x12
Standing Calf Raise 3xfailure

This is a routine ive worked on for heaps of volume and also good strength progression. Ive found its workin pretty well. I alternate heavy and lower days depending on how I feel and what I know my body can do that day. Plenty of calf work cause im trying to grow these little guys. Any advice or critiques would be appreciated.

The golden question PPL or PHUL?

Question about greyskull

When it says alternating

Would you do example

Two times ohp 1 time bench

Next week

Two times bench 1 time ohp?

Am I gonna make up

Doesnt matter

Yes? Depends how much you workout

One workout ohp
One workout bench. Simple

>PHUL
That seems ideal. Currently doing GSLP. Any critizism of PHUL or why did you switch to ULPP?

Yeah Greyskull works in two week cycles. It looks like this for an example:

Week 1: Monday Bench, Wednesday OHP, Friday Bench
Week 2: Monday OHP, Wednesday Bench, Friday OHP

the order doesn't matter, you can choose to have the week with two OHP be week 1, the point is that you alternate OHP/Bench each workout.

Mon Wed Fri
3x12 shoulder press
3x10 front raise
3x10 lat raise
3x25 body weight dips
3x15 tri extension
3x10 bench
3x10 curls

Tues Thur
3x12 squat
325 calf raise
3x10 chest flys
3x10 lat pull down

All that with running everyday and some ab work sprinkled in when I feel like it

Doing a 4 day Texas Method split. Rate me:

Monday:
5x5 bench
3x8 OHP
8x3 Skulkcrushers
8x3 lateral raise
8x3 front raise

Tuesday
5x5 Back squat
8x3 front squat
5x5 Romanian Diddlylift

Thursday
5x1 bench
3x3 OHP
5x3 dumbbell bench
5x3 curls for the girls

Saturday
3x3 squat
5x1 diddly
Pull ups

I aim each week to lift on Monday/Tuesday about 80-90% of what I plan to lift on Thursday/Saturday. Goal is to go up by 5lb Thursday/ Saturday.

I'm nearly at 1/2/3/4. My squat is at 300. Everything else is well above. I'm 5'7" 170lb negro- supermanlet

I do an upperbody/lowerbody split, split again by strength (5x5) and hypertrophy (3x10ish).

Upperbody Strength - Monday:
Bench
Barbell Row
Arnold Press
Weighted Chins
Incline DB Press
Shrugs (but for reps, not strength)

Lower Body Strength - Tuesday:
High-bar squat
Deadlift
Backwards lunges
Core

Rest - Wednesday

Upper Body Hypertrophy - Thursday:
Bench, superset with pushups
Military press
Chins
Landmine row
DB Lateral Raise
DB Tricep Press
DB Curls

Lowerbody Hypertrophy - Thursday:
Front squat
DB walking lunge
RDLs
Calve press
Core

I also do olympic lifting a couple days a week.

R8 me Veeky Forums. I've been lifting for a couple month seriously, so I'm still in my rookie gains phase, but I've had like three years experience with these movements.

Monday - Back & Biceps
Back
>T bar rows 12 x 4
>Pull Ups 8 x 5
>Dumbbell lat Pull-Over 8 x 4
>Pendlay Rows 8 x 5
Bicep
>Regular Dumbbell curls 8(2) x 5
>Chin Ups 8 x 5
>Cheat & Recover barbell curl 8 x 5
Abs
>Stability Ball V-Pass
>Crunches 15 x 3
>Leg lift 30 x 3

Tuesday Chest & Triceps
Chest
>Dumbbell bench press 8 x 5
>Low-to-high cable fly 15 x 4
>Reverse-grip bench press 8 x 4
Tricep
>Dips 8 x 5
>Super set: Pull rope down 12x & Pull rope above head 12x. 1 minute cooldown.
>Cheat and recover skull crusher 8 x 5
Obliques
>Leaning with weight in hand 15 x 4
>Turning machine 15 x 4
>Pulley machine to side 15 x 4

Wednesday
>Rest

Thursday Legs & Glutes
>Leg curl down 8 x 5
>Leg extension 8 x 5
>Knee curls 15 x 4
>Squats 10 x 4
>Leg press 8 x 5
>Barbell glute lift 8 x 4
Abs
>Same as monday

Friday Shoulders & lats (WIP)
>Dumbbell shoulder press 12 x 4
>Dumbbell lateral raise 12 x 3
>Super set: Barbell shoulder press 12x & bent-over rear-delt raise 12x. 1 minute cooldown
Obliques
>Same as tuesday

I finish each session with a 20 minute HIIT cardio

Is my routine good? Lifting for about 3 months, don't really care about getting stronger that much; I care more about looking good naked. 5'9" 150 lb, I eat 150 grams of protein and ~2000 calories (roughly around maintenance). blurry pic related

> A-B-C-A-B-C-Rest

> A - Chest / Shoulder
Bench Press 3x5
Incline Dumbbell Press 3x8
Dumbbell Flies 3x10
Pec Fly Machine 3x8
Dumbbell Front Raise 3x10
Lateral Dumbbell Raise 3x10
Rear Delt Machine 3x8
Ab Crunch Machine 2x15

> B - Bicep, Tricep, Back, Traps
Low Row 3x10
Lat Pulldown 3x8
Shoulder Shrugs 3x10
Hammer Curls 3x10
Tricep Dumbbell Extension 3x10
Tricep Cable Pushdown 3x10
Ab Crunch Machine 2x15

> C - Legs
Leg Press 3x10
Leg Extension 3x10
Leg Curl 3x10
Ab Crunch Machine 2x15
Cardio 20 min

Not very strong but I increase weight progressively taking advantage of noob gains.

>Stability ball v-pass
12 x 4

>tfw stalling
>tfw high deficit so gaining strength is awful
i'm gonna switch from my homemade routine to candy toe's strength/hypertrophy routine when i'm at my goal weight

64 slices of pepperoni
HOW. YOU MIGHT AS WELL JUST EAT THE FUCKING SAUSAGE IT WAS CUT FROM

>Squats only 1x week
Is that working out well for you?
I like it, but looks like Friday's suats or deadlifts are going to be a nightmare with all the fatigue.
I'd add chinups on squat days and move the db rows on deadlift days
Sample routine I always post:
PPLPPLx
>Push 1
Bench 5rm
OHP 3x5 @90% of 5rm
Dips or incline dumbbell bench 3xf superset with facepulls 3xf
>Pull 1
Weighted chinups 5rm (treat them like a barbell lift)
Chest supported rows 3x5 @90% of 5rm (chest supported to avoid lower back fatigue, you have to deadlift tomorrow)
T-bar rows or dumbell rows or Kroc rows 3xf
Curls 3xf
>Legs 1
Squat 5rm
Deadlift 3x5 @80-90% of 5rm
Leg press or from mid thigh rack pulls or walking/stepping lunges or Bulgarian split squats 3xf superset with hanging leg raises 3xf
>Push, pull and legs 2
Alternate the first two lifts
>Progress
As in TM
Unnecessary extra push volume at the expense of pull volume on Wednesday, OPs version is more balanced
>My girlfriend
>She
>5'4"
>around 100 lbs
Irrelevant information
>looking to bulk up a little.
Red beans, pb, you know the drill
> I'm trying to find something more weight-centric and lower-body focused but all the shit I can find is "ten sets of 50 reps bodyweight to tone the booty you deserve!"-type garbage.
Because you googled "female butt routines". Stupid questions, stupid answers. SS, SL, phrak's GSLP or any other full body routine works just fine. There is no way to squat 3x week and not get a nice butt.
Okayish.
Can you afford to work out 6 days a week? Then there is nothing wrong with splitting the U days in push and pull
You can't? No biggie, 4x week will give you 97.5% the same gains
Nice. Add chinups on Monday.

How do I know which weight to use in the OP routine? What percentages of my 1rm?

I haven't lifted in about a year due to injuries which are now healed, do I have to start over with a beginner routine or can I just retest my 1rm and start the intermediate program that I was using?

noobie routine, 100%.

Work up to a weight that causes failure around 8 reps and do your 3x5 at that weight. The percentage should be about 75% 1rm. 1rm isn't really applicable to novices though because they haven't even made the neurological adaptations yet to perform the exercise correctly. What I'm saying is if you know your 1rm you aren't really a novice and if you are a novice you don't really know your 1rm. If you think you are a novice and think you know your 1rm, you are wrong about at least one of the two.
The bad news is you have to start completely from scratch, don't even attempt 60% of your old 1rm. Not joking, you'll step foot in the gym and realize you are a true novice again. The food news is you'll need only a few months to reach your old level,I'd say about 3-4. You'll be able to keep up linear progression way longer than a true novice because of muscle memory, bringing byoi back to your old self in no time. It goes without saying that if your primary goal is to reach your old strength asap,you have to bulk.

OK thanks, both of those posts are me so you answered all my questions.

You're welcome

A,E =~ lower, erector spinae
B,D =~ chest, arms
C,F =~ delt, lat, back

r8/h8/b8/m8

Kek what the fuck I didn't realise this autism existed

I think you forgot the muscles behind the ears

I've 87 different exercises registered in the spreadsheet catalogued per primary & synergists muscles. I just copy-paste the exercise, input the expected 1RM et voilà. It's a no-brainer when I adjust/switch routines.

I don't include calves, since they're just fine with my current lower body training (genetics I guess); as far as grip training is concerned, I don't use straps for deadlift nor mixed grip.

I do some clean and front squat sometimes as a warmup for squats and some clean and press (with a light load) as a warmup for OHP.

You really are autistic, your responses don't even match what we said, you just dump what you have in your mind like you're in your own world. I think you are in the spectrum

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162916931
are these good routines?

The novice BB on is very similar to a standard full body like SS or Phrak's GSLP (OP).
The novice DB one is the best thing you can do if you have absolutely no access whatsoever to a barbell.
The others are very bad because they just mention sets across without any mention of volume and intensity work or fatigue management and show that their author only understands weight training at the novice level

I just tried to give a constructive and educated reply beyond that sarcasms.
About the first reply, I noticed how it was really far from being "autistic" since it's incredibly efficient and time saving. If I trimmed a couple of columns from the original spreadsheet it would have looked simpler than any of the routines showed at the beginning of the thread. I find more efficient to include the mesocycle directly in the sheet as well, there's nothing "autistic" about it and it's calculated directly from the spreadsheet.
About the second reply, I took the opportunity to highlight which trainable muscles I actually left out as far as I know.
If this behaviour places me in a different spectrum than yours, I'm quite content with it.

xAxBxAx

A
Squats 5x5
Bench Press 5x5
OHP 5x5
T-Bar Row 5x5
DB Row 5x5
Barbell Bicep Curl 5x5
Pull Ups 3x10
Dips 3x10
Hanging Leg Raises 3x10
Planks

B
Same as above but I replace squats with 3x5 Deadlifts and Pull ups with 3x10 Chin ups.

Honestly how bad is my routine?

>6 exercises in the 5x5 range
>AND 3 exercises in the 3x10
your routine is obviously a mess, but what I wanted to ask you is: how long is your training session? For that load I'd expect nothing less than two hours (cardio/warm up/planks/shower excluded)

I'm going to go on a tangent here and ask: Peter, is that you? Pournari?
Back on topic: ok I'll try to answer seriously this time
Nobody wants to read the encyclopaedia of anatomy
It's retarded to do squats and deadlifts on consecutive days because the first fatigues the second. Either bite the bullet, do them on the same day, do the second at a low intensity and alternate on the next workout, or do them with 1 or 2 days rest between
Speaking of which, deadlifts are leg exercises, not back. The prime movers are the hamstrings, quads and glutes, just like in the squat. The erectors, traps and lats are stabilisers, just like in the squat. An example of a back exercise is the barbell row where the legs and ass are stabilisers and the arms, rear delts, traps and lats are the prime movers
Calculating 1rm on curls is nonsensical
Warmups should always be dynamic to get the blood flowing, static warmups like planks only serve to fatigue you

Tbh that includes 2 warmup sets. Working sets for every movement excluding the bodyweight ones are 3x5. Sessions take 85 to 90 minutes.

Yeah I know its a mess, but I did SS for 6 weeks and realised my trunk was growing at a faster rate than my arms, which makes it exceedingly awkward in shirts because the chest area becomes too tight a fit while there's still space to fill around the arm area.

Any tips on how to streamline the workout?

Smolov jr

>Nobody wants to read the encyclopaedia of anatomy
I already vastly disclosed why the muscle column appears. Forget about it.
>It's retarded to do squats and deadlifts on consecutive days because the first fatigues the second.
I never do squat and deadlifts on consecutive days.
>deadlifts are leg exercises, not back
I needed to space deadlifts and they happen to target the posterior chain. Given that I want to do them twice a week, the "C" routine was the best candidate to place one of the two weekly deadlifts.
>[in deadlift] The erectors, traps and lats are stabilisers, just like in the squat.
Wrong.
>[in deadlift] The prime movers are the hamstrings, quads and glutes, just like in the squat.
Incorrect.
>Calculating 1rm on curls is nonsensical
I already vastly disclosed that it's crafted copy-pasting from a master spreadsheet. I just keep track of the progression.
>static warmups like planks only serve to fatigue you
but it's not a warm-up, it's a core bodyweight exercise I need to place at the beginning of everything because I know I won't do them when I'm done with my lifts. I don't feel fatigued at all for 3 minutes max plank, and my net workout is always < 1hr.

>I did SS for 6 weeks and realised my trunk was growing
Mate at 6 weeks nothing has grown, at best you've gotten a bit fatter if you're that worries about arms then do a couple sets chinups after every SS session, or do the program in the OP (less squats, more upper back and arms, same basic principles as SS)
No need to reinvent the wheel

Thanks laughingcheetah.jpg

Just took away 1 leg day to focus more on upper body and split some leg exercises into last 2 days. Wouldn't mind some feedback.

Pull 1:
5/3/1 DL
3x10 Weighted Pullups
3x10 Seated Rows
5x20 Face Pulls
3x10 DB Curls
3x10 Hammer Curls
3x15 DB Shrugs

Push 1:
5/3/1 Bench
3x10 OHP
3x10 DB Incline Bench
3x10 Triceps Pushdown
3x10 OH Triceps extension

Legs:
5/3/1 Squat
3x10 Stiff leg DL
3x10 Squat
3x10 Leg Curl
5x20 Calf Raises

Rest

Pull 2:
5x5 Pendlay Rows
3x10 Stiff Leg DL
3x5 Rack Pulls
3x10 Pull Ups (weighted)
5x20 Face Pulls
3x10 BB Curl
3x10 Hammer Curl

Push 2:
5/3/1 OHP
5/3/1 Paused Squats (same as leg day -30lbs)
3x10 Bench
3x10 Incline Press
3x10 Skull Crushers
3x10 OH Triceps Extension

Cardio 5 days a week. Dragon flags and overhead leg raises for abs 4 days a week.

Haven't lifted in years so starting again with starting strength but want to go to the gym 4 days a week rather than 3 (I want to go with my GF who also goes 4 days a week). Can I shove the upper body work outs to 2 days a week and do the lower body work outs 2 days a week for the basic 3 day a week starting strength programs?

Forgot to add I do 3 sets of Lateral Raises and Front Raises for delts on Push days. Pic related is me.

>I never do squat and deadlifts on consecutive days.
If you do ABCABCx and A has squats and C has deadlifts then yes you are doing them consequtively
>>[in deadlift] The erectors, traps and lats are stabilisers, just like in the squat.
>Wrong.
No, you are wrong. None of these muscles contract during the concentric portion of the deadlift. Only the lats, and the degree of shoulder extension is not even half of what you can get with rows or chinups
>>[in deadlift] The prime movers are the hamstrings, quads and glutes, just like in the squat.
>Incorrect.
No, you are incorrect, the glutes, quads and hamstrings are the ones who contract to extend your hip and knee joints and pull the weight up
>>static warmups like planks only serve to fatigue you
>but it's not a warm-up, it's a core bodyweight exercise I need to place at the beginning of everything because
Okay, don't place "a core bodyweight exercise that isn't dynamic but rather is static" before squats
>But I don't get tired
Do them weighted and after squats IN ORDER TO get tired.

>Vastly disclosed
Get over yourself you insufferable faggot why am I still replying you won't listen to me anyway

I've been doing squats and deads on consecutive days and made more strength gains in the past 6 months than I have in a long time.

Poopoo

Excellent program, except front raises are completely redundant

Whats the best way to make your own routine?

>If you do ABCABCx and A has squats and C has deadlifts then yes you are doing them consequtively
You didn't even look at the routine, the remaining of your post is kindly disregarded.

Sup /routinegeneral/

so I did SL5x5 for a few months and added accessories and have been doing that for a few months. Like ~3 weeks ago I started coolcicadas PPL.

I've been feeling like 6 days/week is too much for me. Especially recently because I got an officedrone job for the summer which has has me getting up at 6:30 every day and sitting in a fuckin' chair from 8:30-5pm 5 days a week and I don't sleep great in the best of times.

Last couple workouts I've felt so weak and tired, it's horrible. I've actually had to go down in weight on a couple lifts.

What's a good routine that would have me in the gym 4-5 days/week as opposed to 6? I wanna put on weight and be aesthetic if possible. currently skinnyfat at 5'10 ~148lbs

Are they? I started doing front raises because the leddit program I originally based it on had 6 sets of lateral raises, which is daunting to say the least, and my front delts hurt me sometimes when I bench and I've been trying to correct it.

I think maybe my grip was too wide but I'm trying everything.

Can someone help please

>only 1 deadlift set
Someone explain why.

Kindly go sit on a cactus, my post is fucking amazing, you should print it out and read it out loud every day before bed
>coolcicadas PPL
Meme and horrible. If you want to do a PPL 5 days a week do either or in a PPLPPxx LPPLPxx PLPPLxx way
If you want 4x week do GZCL, JnT 2.0, 5/3/1 BBB or triumvirate
If you want an aesthetic physique with minimal time spent in the gym (so 3x week) reply again and I'll give you some pointers
Weird.
Are you retracting your scapula?
The bar path is | or \? The bar at lockout should be right above the shoulder girdle, if it's above the upper chest (which is what | pressing does) you get front delt pain because you subject it to unnecessary moment
Or it could be simply that you overtrained them maybe? Even lat raises train front delts if you do them standing straight up. Every single exercise you have put in push day trains front delts except the tricep isolations, that's a lot of sets.

>glutes quads and hams are exerted in the same way in squats and deadlifts
>erectors are just stabilizers in the deadlift, they aren't the agonist
what the fuck am I reading

Get your deadlift above 2.5 plate and you'll know
What help? You are doing a PPL with no compound barbell movements, and you "don't really care about getting stronger that much; I care more about looking good naked", so if someone tells you to do them you'll disregard their opinion
Just do whatever, your program is good enough for your goal

So specifically I am doing
ABxABxx

A
Bench 4x6
Row 4x6
Military 3x10

B
Squat 3x6
Plank 2
Deadlift 3x6
Mile run

This way I figure I am doing the same sets as a starting strength but 4 days a week and split.

>>glutes quads and hams are exerted in the same way in squats and deadlifts
You still have knee and hip extension. I am not saying the squat and the deadlift are the same movement, I am saying that the deadlift is much, much closer to a squat than it is to a barbell row
>>erectors are just stabilizers in the deadlift, they aren't the agonist
I have read exrx too, and I disagree. The erector spinae do not actively extend the spine during the deadlift, they just keep it stable as a plank so that the contraction of the glutes, hams and quads can pull the "loaded rigid beam' that is your back to lockout

>Kindly go sit on a cactus, my post is fucking amazing, you should print it out and read it out loud every day before bed
It was pretty clear from this and your previous "replies" that you're just interested in some kind of uneducated shitposting to probably feed your ego or something. For example, I only (and kindly) pointed out that you clearly haven't even attempted to read my routine before spouting your sentences, and as a result you're still replying with witty shitposts without having read my routine. Find a more suitable hobby for your attention disorder "spectrum" sometimes.

>Ego
>On an ANONYMOUS Mongolian basket weaving forum
O
Kek okay user, quiet now

im doing jason blaha's ice cream fitness routine except without barbell shrugs (am gril, dont want huge traps)
need some advice because i wanna change stuff up

Workout A
Squats 5x5
Bench press 5x5
Bent over row 5x5
Tricep extensions 3x8
Straight bar curls 3x8
Hyperextensions 3x8
Cable crunches 3x8

Workout B
Squats 5x5
Deadlifts 1x5
OHP 5x5
Bent over row 5x5 (10% lighter than workout A)
Close grip bench press 3x8
Straight bar curls 3x8
Cable crunch 3x8

i wanna replace straight bar curls (i hate curls) and cable crunches with something else, like one exercise targeting chest and another targeting abs, any recommendations?

>if there's knee and hip extensions then I can say glutes quads and hams are exerted in the same way
>I disagree with exrx
>implying it's exrx
pls staph

>I can't read
Just fyi doing extra pec volume won't make your boobs look bigger

I can read pretty well, plase stfu

Read this:
> I am not saying the squat and the deadlift are the same movement, I am saying that the deadlift is much, much closer to a squat than it is to a barbell row

A)
1. Barbell Incline Bench x 3 sets
2. Dumbbell Flat Bench x 3 sets
3. Barbell Overhead Press x 3 sets
4. Dumbbell Seated Lateral Raises x 3 sets
5. Barbell Triceps Press x 3 sets
6. EZ Bar Skull Crushers

B)
1. Barbell Rows x 3 sets
2. Dumbbell One Arm Rows x 3 sets
3. Chin-Ups x 3 sets
4. Dumbbell Incline Curls x 3 sets
5. Barbell Curls x 3 sets
6. Weighted Crunches x 3 sets

C)
1. Barbell Back Squat x 5 sets
2. Barbell Front Squat x 3 sets
3. Bulgarian Split Squat x 3 sets
4. Single Leg Curls x 5 sets per leg
5. Barbell Calf Raises x 3 sets
6. Dumbbell Single Calf Raises x 3 sets

* Workouts on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday

I only mark the amount of sets to do because I vary the amount of weight and rep pace every workout. It's all free weights too. For leg curls I strap a 25 lbs leg weight on each leg and do sets of 30-50.

Also, by doing a 3 day split but working out 4 days a week, I'm hitting each body part every 5-4-3 days and it keeps the body guessing. Your body only changes while it's trying to adapt so you should never let it fully adapt.

>tfw IFBB pro bodybuilder that browses Veeky Forums whenever I can't sleep
>tfw I will never show my face on Veeky Forums

>>tfw IFBB pro bodybuilder that browses Veeky Forums whenever I can't sleep
>>tfw I will never show my face on Veeky Forums
Bullshit. Post glutes or delts.

No.

ive accepted my fate as an asian chestlet, just looking to strengthen my chest since it's one of my weak points

can you do OHP and chinups on same day?

In any case, 5x5 squats stall fast and the entire routine has many micro-flaws. If you want to continue the routine as is, substitute one tricep isolation for dips, to work both tris and chest. If you want you can switch to the routine in the OP a d add accessories there
Yes duh

Do some Dumbbell flies or pec deck. A major function of the pecs is to bring your arms together in front of you and pressing movements mostly ignore that.

Once you have a good amount of chest size, pressing movements are all you need to maintain and make gains.

Pullovers are underrated too. Try them.