Belt Thread

Hey Veeky Forums, it's time to talk about belts.

>post current belt
>get belt advice
>how much can you deadlift

My current belt is pic related, hit 5pl8 deadlift back in December and I'm thinking of getting a belt that's not skinny in the front, but not trying to pay a fuck ton for it.

Has anyone used a Dark Iron fitness belt? Looks good in terms of specs, reviews, and price.

amazon.com/dp/B016RAMIW4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_ep_dp_kC-uzbMJXSJQZ

Other urls found in this thread:

generalleathercraft.com/product-category/pioneer/weightlifting-belts/
startingstrength.com/resources/forum/training/56931-leathercraft-powerlifting-belt-review-6.html#post1098744
amazon.com/dp/B016RAMIW4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_ep_dp_kC-uzbMJXSJQZ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bump

inzer or fuck off

The OP's belt is a piece of shit.

Unless you're tall, go w/ a 3" belt. Don't ask me why, I won't answer.

generalleathercraft.com/product-category/pioneer/weightlifting-belts/

>He isn't wearing a traditional brĂ¢u

Not gonna make it lad

agree, General Leathercraft has the cheapest good belts

I got a 3" belt because I'm 5'8" with a short torso. At first I thought I wasn't going to like it, because I always enjoyed how a 4" belt swallows up my ribcage, but I got used to the 3" and now I love it.

I'm 6'0", so should I get a 3" or 4"?

Got myself a forever lever belt from Inzer. W00d recommend.

I've got this handmade leather belt from Wahlanders, sturdiest and best belt I've ever used.

But I need to make more holes, I've dieted down some kgs so I'm at the last hole.

if a 4" doesn't hurt your ribs or ruin your diddly setup, go with 4"

What about mm? 10mm? 13mm?

This is some kind of meme, like fingerboxes or squat buttplugs, right?

No one actually wraps a fucking belt and thinks itll make him lift more... right?

You're a dumby, belts help you exert a higher intra-abdominal pressure which allows you to hold your core and thus back in a stronger position for lifting.

t. 6plate beltless deadlifter

Do you legit have downs?

Hope your back snaps in your 1 pl8 deaddy

Get one that's fucking good and fuck off. 13mm, stiff leather, lever, single prong or quick release.

Everything else is a meme as far as you're concerned.

Why 13 over 10?

I love how people don't want to spend 100$ on something they do between 5-8 hours a week.

Instead they'll buy some cheap ass piece of shit that is in every way inferior and will break in a few months.

But I guess that's the typical amerifat rational, stay dyel.

6.5/10mm is fine if it's a good quality belt, but they say 13mm is better. this thread is informative, pioneerfit2014 is the guy who makes GLC belts: startingstrength.com/resources/forum/training/56931-leathercraft-powerlifting-belt-review-6.html#post1098744

>Not IPF approved
Why you trying to rip people off?

>amazon.com/dp/B016RAMIW4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_ep_dp_kC-uzbMJXSJQZ
i have this belt and it's solid. Has held up nicely and it's better than anything you'll buy in a retail store

oh sorry bro did the IPF goons come to your garage to tell you to cease and desist training in a disapproved belt

tell them to eff off, you can train in a corset if you god damn want

Post your deadlift, user.

1) You don't need one
2) You don't need one
3) If you really get one, it should cost at least 40 bucks, it should be 100% leather, it should be thick at least 8 mm and it should provide full lumbar support (same width for all its length)

13 offers more support than 10, it's just harder to break in.

>Unless you're tall, go w/ a 3" belt. Don't ask me why, I won't answer.
so shut up and fuck off my dear friend

you do need one
you do need one
other than that, otherfag's not wrong

Fair enough. How long is the break in?

I'm deadlifting mon/wed/fri atm to give a sense of time scale

Forgot to mention I'll wear it around the house to help it break in a little faster
>thanks for the advice btw

Mfw I wear my grandpa's belt from when he was a GI... probably not the best but it works.

When should you start wearing a belt?

Got this one for quite cheap from eBay. It works well but I'm a DYEL so what do I know.
DL 120kg (although I only use the belt with squats, too big for deadlifts)

I start wearing it at 3pl8, but it varies desu

I have the strengthshop lever belt.

They aren't necessary. If you have proper form and no chronic back issues, you're fine. Most guys that wear them don't need them and onyl do because they sa other guys doing it

I'm 6'7 230#, what do I get?

I squat 120kg 5x8, and sometimes it puts a decent amount of pressure on my lower back. Nothing unbearable, but would you guys recommend I use one?

Lads at what weight of deadlifts and squats is it acceptable to wear a belt?

>1rm 315 squat
>1rm 355 deadlift

you should be wearing it for your last warmup set and your work set(s)

you will find that the belt helps and feels good when the weight is heavy for you. this is not an objective number but depends on your strength

4" obviously jesus unless your ribcage is three inches from your pelvis

I know that one - isn't it expensive as fuck?

That's probably where I'd use a belt - but it depends on how you personally feel honestly.
I have some serious back problems, so I wouldn't personally squat over 100 without using one.

That's what I intended to do, dipshit.

I wear mine when I'm working with 70% or more of my 1RM

I've been using a 10mm Inzer for over a year and I still don't feel like it's broken in. Couldn't imagine a 13mm.

How much will a belt increase my deadlift? I've gotten up to 3plate (not very good I know, but I'm a lanklet) but haven't had any problems with my form so far. I've heard you're supposed to start using them when lifting double your bodyweight, is that true?

3 plate is pretty respectable in a commercial gym.

i usually max out at 4 plate and put a belt on after i get to 3.5 plate

5'10
245 lbs

Bane?

I used a valeo velcro meme-belt for now

saving up for a real one

You've missed a good chance to shut up and fuck off my dear retarded friend.

My gym use to have free weights belt section for anybody to use I tried all of them the best one was really old leather and only about 3-4 inch. So supple and soft yet gave so much support. Someone stole it before I got the chance to.

At what weight should I seriously consider needing a belt to avoid hernias while diddlying? I'm on 3pl8 but I don't want to be a bitch about belts

Props on Ursine Armor. Running an Alchemy/Combat build?

i only have a belt like this available, not the same but similar

am i fucked?

At my gym apparently its ok to wear one under 2pl8 for anything

inzer lever

>5'10
>245 lbs

You may want to look at getting a corset

wew lad, height/weight/programming? i want that 6pl8

12h late answer.

It's at 1745 SEK for a new one, I bought mine for 500 SEK from a friend like five years ago.

A belt does not make you lift more.
It stabilizes the lower back and abdominal area and is therefore useful as a preventative measure for something like hernia.
It also eases the tension on the joints, which loads more of the weight via the back and shoulder muscles, increasing the effectiveness of your training.

That being said, i would only start wearing a belt if you lift more then 3pl8, as you firstly need to learn proper form regardless.

Poorfag here what is the belt with the lowest price that is ipf approved?

>using a belt
lmao
Let me guess, you are a """powerlifter""" who never actually been to a meet

Huh? Who are you replying to? I'm OP and 6ft, 200 lbs

I've competed in 4 meets, actually.

What do you guys think of velcro belts? Asking for a friend who just hit 3pl8 deadlift with one

Got me there. Here is a picture of a hot 57kg power lifter's tummy as recompense.

If 315 is coming up decently fast then I would only use it when you're approaching your max (85%+). I can sometimes pull heavier shit without it but the belt makes it so much easier to maintain pressure in my core.

Absolute shit unless it is a Spud DL belt, and then it would be only be crappy.

Same. Bruises the shit out of me every time but feels really solid.

Fine for average gym lifts.

I use an inzer 10mm lever belt. Make sure you know how to properly use a belt if you get one or it's just as dangerous.

Not a necessity but definitely can help you move more weight for reps. I can pull/squat a certain weight without it, but definitely feel the support when I wear it. Don't get one until you can rep 2pl8s on squat or pull 3pl8s with good form. Planks and ab work will help too.

I don't know anything about lifting, I've not gotten to that stage yet - what does the belt do? If you lifted a heavy weight without it what happens - organs go "oops" and fall down or something?

Gotta get the legit super thick leather with the consistent width around the whole belt

OP type a belt is poopy

>you don't need one
What's your stats

Google "intra-abdominal pressure"

Velcro is shit imo

>5'10
>245
>4pl8 max
time to cut buddy.

DF for?

Are you fucking retarded?

i ordered one from them a long time ago. its been almost 8 weeks and it hasnt come yet. is that usual for them?

how do you use them properly? isn't it just the same as usual? brace core except now you have something to brace against?

Don't know if you're still here but how long it takes to break in is entirely variable depending on the belt and how many work sets. When I got my lever belt I had it wrapped up tightly both forwards and backwards for 2 days each, and would wear it while lounging around for the first week, and it still took about 4 weeks to break in.

Yes because Inzer does not make their own belts. They farm them out, which takes time, then they mark it up and sell it to you. :P