Why the hate on glasses?

Being serious now, I don't understand the hate on glasses in CBT and similar threads.

Picture unrelated.

friggen nerds

dunno. i switched to glasses after years of the eyeball-asphyxiating jew and haven't been happier

plus, unlike contacts, i can remove my faculty of sight at any time and descend into a world of blurry bliss

>dat instant disconnect from the world when you remove your glasses

I'd legit miss it if I had eye surgery.

From what I have seen 90% of people with glasses on Veeky Forums wear those "invisible" frames low height type. And let me tell you there isnt anything worse than this.

Come on, guys. You arent fooling anyone. You need glasses, fucking embrace it and buy frames that work with your face. Dont try to hide them. Dont try to act like its not happening. It just make you look like lame beta faggot. These glasses are the combover of eyes.

I used to wear glasses, God I hate them. Half of people with glasses look like betas and sissies. Thanks God I don't need to wear them anymore.

Glasses are fine, but most people have such awful taste that they wear the most disgusting, unflattering frames.

I'm talking about everyone who wears those black rim rectangular frames as well as oval wire frames.

Shit is downright disgusting

I'll get laser treatment

oh shit im sorry

>tfw I can still see stuff, only that it looks smaller.

Are beards beta?

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Eyeball-Asphyxiating Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Look Away From The Screen Like Nigga Close Your Eyes Haha

>I'm talking about everyone who wears those black rim rectangular frames

that's me :DD

>not attaching weights to your glasses frames and flexing your ears throughout the day to train your ear muscles for superhuman hearing abilities

>'mirin those lobeceps bro

He was referring to his contacts not the screen of his computer.

If they are hiding a weak jawline, yes.

what kind of glasses are Veeky Forums approved?

Last time i posted here everyone told me to get rif of the glasses, but im not getting contacts or shit, and surgery cant help me.

>Not recognising an obvious pasta

ok, no
>invisible frames
>black rim rectangular frames
>oval wire frames

whats left?

Nah mate, the other guy is hipster faggot who is just salty as fuck. Nothing wrong with thick rectangular or wire oval frames if you have the face for it. Granted, if you dont you will look bad. Its like choosing a bad haircut. But the invisible frames are just beta.

Glasses literally amplify your myopia over time so that you require stronger glasses. Who could be behind this?

I wear pic related :^)

They NEED to fit with your face. There are tons of guides, but basically: round face = don't wear round glasses, etc.

Otherwise it's whatevers trendy, I would stay clear of huge plastic black frames. Not sure if it's still in, but I see a lot of thin and 90's type glases nowadays. Pic related are mine right now, probably my favorite glasses I've ever had.

I wear glasses only because my medicaid covers them. I just can't justify spending money on contacts when I can get glasses for free. Maybe when I get a job I'll do contacts

i think they're hot on athletic people

Thick black plastic frames are en vogue tho

Hmm, that's actually kinda true. Honestly, I like having glasses, or atleast the ability to choose between glasses/contacts.

Talking about these kinds. Actually, you just need to google "hipster glasses", so I think they're pretty much on their way out. A few years back every motherfucker had these.

I had the cutest pair of medium-thick rimmed dark maroon glasses with these purple/black wisp designs on the hinges, had them for a year and 3 months then my damn baby broke them the other day (despite the fact that I dropped them and slept on them numerous times). I got them while I was living in a larger city at this nice optometrist office so the options were good. I'm back in my hometown so I had to go to a dusty clinic yesterday so the options were shit. Ordered medium-thick rimmed tortoise style glasses like an artsy SJW :3

Rate my frames fit.

Birth control glasses? Cause you aint getting pussy with that strapped to your face

i really hope those arent what you really wear

>There are tons of guides, but basically: round face = don't wear round glasses, etc.

The opt assistant tried to tell me this, but I couldn't get with the rec frames. I wore rec frames for a long time and I really think they were a mistake. I have a roundish face BUT I also have protruding features, my forehead and cheeks. Rec frames exacerbate my already protruding features, and rounded glasses hide them extremely well. I know what looks good on me /shrug

Pretty decent thb senpai
Where can I cop?

Sam pls go

All types of glasses are lame. I only use clear ones for protection when needed, and the sunglasses when it's scorching hot and sunny. Rarely use my prescription glasses, mostly for business meetings to look smart

Haha that's my bff's name.

T-the girl that worked there said they l-looked good on me

Wayfarers have always been in.
It is basic, basic is always a safe bet.

Kinda safe, maybe? I personally don't care for the square metallic frames, it can easily make you look like a 40-year old office guy. They feel a bit too strict to mesh with casual clothes, but it depends on where you work and the rest of your outfit.

tl;dr - I dunno, might work for you

I have glasses for when I feel tired or if my skin doesn't look good, contacts for if I'm going to be on video, or for a date or if I'm in top condition, I'd say I'm confident that I'm above average, I've been told my glasses give me a professional look, obv got frames to match my face
Some people honestly can't pull them off at all, those people tend to be ugly in the first place though

Fucking disgusting. Stop trying to hide the glasses you fag. Just get frames that compliment your face. Its that fucking easy.

Hope you arent balding 30 something year old. Thats the worst look, yet so fucking common.

Thanks for staying this user. I hate the contacts but will wear them at necessary times.

Love blurring out especially when I'm in a meeting or convo and someone is droning on.