Someone told me that China in the middle ages between 2nd century and the 16th century was superior to Europe and could...

Someone told me that China in the middle ages between 2nd century and the 16th century was superior to Europe and could crush Europe if they wanted to. I don't have much knowledge in Chinese history so can someone that has knowledge of both regions share their opinion?

It probably wouldn't have been able to manage a successful invasion
Logistic issues apart, there has always been a couple of powerhouses in Europe it would have to fight, and if the minor powers aligned with them chinese would be pretty much done for
Rome first, then the Byzantines and Bulgaria, Kievan Rus', then HRE, France etc.

China would rape all of those except Rome in the 2nd century.

This whole question is retarded though. China would be a far different country in 1600 if it was next to/connected to Europe. And vice versa.

Good luck with raping the Byzantines
Persians, Huns, Vandals, Goths, Lombards, Avars, Slavs, Bulgars, Rus, Cumans, Khazars, Venetians, Genoese, Hungars, Vikings, Moors and many others tried that for about a millennia, often simultaneously, and it still took 1000+ years of warfare, internal strife and western treason to bring the ERE down to its knees
If backed by the rest of Europe, i doubt China would be able to take it

I think their strength has always been in numbers in that it allowed them to hegemony their way the low laying eastern river valleys. They're not very effective if they get too far away from home, which would explain why they were never able to hold Japan or Mongolia.

China had more problems with barbarians than rome did. At any point in history china would never have gotten far into europe if they made it there at all.

>if backed by the rest of Europe

Please show me all the Byzantines in Turkey, Romans in Libya, Christians in Palestine?

Chinese civilization survived long after Roman civilization fell and vanished.

>Japan

???????

China has never invaded Japan in all recorded history.

The Chinese only had to contend with other manlet Asians. When Europe and China did come into conflict, the gulf in quality was stark.

They couldnt even beat some horseniggers what makes you think they can take on the entirety of europe?

Yeah because they knew it would be too difficult, which means they don't have much hope of taking europe.

There's still maronites in Lebanon and ither christians in the Levant, Roman-style dressing and surnames in Lybia, the bulk of the modern-day turkish population are jusg turkified anatolians, greeks and armenians
And, of course, roman law, architecture, art, latin languages, orthodox and catolic christianity, cyrillic alphabet and all of the rest of the massive civilization inout which stems from Rome despite the massive competition from neighboring civilizations that the empire suffered as opposed to China which was more insulate and protected

How are they going to move their entire army to Europe? What are they going to do about those horseniggers above them who love to loot and rape while their military is half a world away?

More prosperous sure but in no way shape or form could China have crushed Europe. Never mind the fact that China is always on the lookout for mongol,jurchens,etc.
The logistics and supplies alone would have been the deal breaker. Plus your friend makes it seem like Europe wouldn't unite against a common enemy and fight it off. The Crusades happened for a reason.
Now if your friend had said that no European country could beat China in 2nd-16th century that would be true.

the only rational answer. Everyone else is literally making pointless arguments like who would win in a fight, tigers versus a shark. Without taking about logistics, context for the conquest etc, its just a retarded episode of 'greatest warrior'

I mean deadliest warrior. What a retarded show

If I'm not mistaken, China had the opportunity to industrialize in the Ming era but decided not to because muh Confucianism. So the Eternal Anglo got ahead and raped them.

>China had the opportunity to industrialize in the Ming era but decided not to because muh Confucianism.
Meme history.

More like
>Muh fucking pirates.
>Holy fuck, more mongols.
>Stop being corrupt, fucking local officials, holy shit!
>Global Economy Shakeup because the Spic Empire pour out so much silver it destabilizes Asian economies a bit in the late 1500s.

Confucianism did put Merchants at the bottom of society, but it doesn't mean they didn't see the practical value of wealth, especially for the sake of the country, which is what Confucianism is about. In addition entrepreneurial spirit was seen as a high calling by Merchant Clans and Commoners who make up a lot of Chinese society and would not all be able to become scholar bureaucrats.

Confucians didn't like change, and Confucians thought China was perfect the way it was at the time. So Confucians wanted to keep China the way it was not realizing that other nations would eventually catch up and surpass it. China could flat out have colonized the Americas before the Spics did, but didn't because they didn't give a flying fuck about exploration.

>Confucians didn't like change, and Confucians thought China was perfect the way it was at the time. So Confucians wanted to keep China the way it was not realizing that other nations would eventually catch up and surpass it. China could flat out have colonized the Americas before the Spics did, but didn't because they didn't give a flying fuck about exploration.

Yeah, which is why those same Confucian scholars invited all those Jesuits and their wicked inventions during the Ming Dynasty, I guess.

You're mistaking two fucking dynasties, the Ming and the Qing. The Qing was the one that stagnated. And not because of Confucianism: primarily because the Qing State is paranoid as fuck considering it was a foreign conquest-dynasty which had loads of problems securing the loyalty of their constituent peoples to begin with.

I mean, shit, the Meiji Restoration of Japan was founded on Confucian Principles ffs. Sonno Joi was the slogan of the Mito School.

>China could flat out have colonized the Americas before the Spics did, but didn't because they didn't give a flying fuck about exploration.
Further meme history. Spics had loads of impetus for exploration: to get a direct line to Asia without resorting to Muslim/Italian monopoly of eastern goods. Meanwhile Chinkdom WAS the source of those goods. In addition informal colonization happened anyway via private ventures of Ming-period Merchant Clans who set up trading posts all over southeast asia to jam their foot in the door of Spice Trade for their clans. Some of the trade posts were so huge, they became Southeast Asian states like the Kongsi Republics in Eastern Borneo.

best post

yeah, i cut them some slack for first few episodes but by the fifth one i wanted to bash my brain in with how stupid the show was.
user's right its the Qing dynasty that had one last chance to industrialize. The Emperor had it all figured out he got Japan to the table where Japan would give technology in exchange for exclusive trade deals and some land.
But in the end he was sabotaged by his own mother the empress dowager Cixi. Modern "historians" compare her to Catherine the Great.
They can fuck off, Cixi was an inept piece of shit. Catherine expanded Russian influence and allowed them to walk with their head up high. Cixi ruined the last remaining the Qing Dynasty had of surviving.

No, that's complete bullshit. For all the times that China was strong, there were way more times when China was complete shit. The Chinese have some impressive high points in history, but they're completely overshadowed by China's notorious nadirs, which are possibly the most tragic, brutal, humiliating, and devastating periods of suffering known to man.

This.

Why are you such a fucking autist that you spam this on three separate boards? It’s been like a year now dude. Do you have a life? I swear I see your shit every time I come here.

If you don't like history, why are you on Veeky Forums? I'm going to use that anyway, first time I'm reading about it and it's good material for what I intend to do with RotTK worshipers.

It's not me, stupid.

did ancient china have contact with hohols?
hohol mafia

Is this your face when reading our watertight arguments?

>Someone told me that
Who? Your down-syndrome brother?

Close guess user, it's someone on youtube comments.

>Someone told me that China in the middle ages between 2nd century and the 16th century was superior to Europe and could crush Europe if they wanted to

Good luck with that

>I'm not mistaken, China had the opportunity to industrialize
very mistaken. please stop repeating this stupid fuckign meme.

>Can't even beat some random horse niggers
>Got ass-raped by them
>Crush Europe

Trash talks about China still won't save you from dooming, whit*loids. Embrace your new lord and savior!

Embrace your lord and savior, Eurotagans.

>other manlet Asians

Mongies couldnt even crush europe, fuck you mean china could?

That's cute

>Said horse-niggers raped their way across Asia all the way up to Poland, including raping Muslim civilisation so bad it hasn't recovered for hundreds of years
>China despite being horse-niggers neighbor were one of the last to be subjugated
Better start thanking the Poles, if it wasn't for them, China after eating up the Mongols and turning them into Chinks would be laughing as the Middle East finds a friend in shithole town in Eurostan

No, only "BLACKED" can.

What's a good book to learn the chinese history? especially during Han and Tang period.

wikipüedia

Most of China's power during that long period came from its trade. Early trading of larger and more athletic horses, wool and cotton (and the various methods of processing), seed, pigment, and all sorts of other goods spurred China to push further into Central Asia, in turn giving them ready access to camels and better access to military equipment. Their power was structured almost entirely to protect those trade routes, and would have collapsed relatively quickly if disrupted. This would lead to at least a stalemate situation if any State situated to choke off the routes did so, and a complete win for a fictional "Europe army". A European army didn't exist, though, and the closest empires which could be considered close to such were heavily vested in trade with China, so it simply wouldn't happen.

>Could crush Europe if they wanted to
Europe is thousands of kilometers away from China, an invasion like that wasn't possible until well after China's fall from grace. The Mongols only pulled it up because they were nomads and could collect resources and set up base as they went.

>CHINA WILL GROW LARG-
*CRUSH*
Ew, I stepped in shit.

They were only superior in numbers, even the smallest counties in china could yield several thousand levies for their army. They did have the Ji long halberd and the zhuge crossbow so if the confrontation was at an earlier period they would have a slight technological advantage.

the only one raped during history were you european manage to defends against the mongols
you were raped out of existence

i have no doubt that the contrary actually would happened china is the most overrated country i8n history
achaemid > china
macedonians empire>china
roman empire>china
bizantium and sasanid=china
middle ages european kindoms ,well they manage to resist the mongols
the last 500 years europe>>>>>>>>>china

i dont consider china and equal to be true only the jews are our enemies if we can manage to reconquer our land like russia and east europe china will be strong enemy but i have no doubt america and europe can handle it

i thought we were friends you make trudeau cry ,you monster

chinese always acting over their market value apart for their estability i dont see any +value even the persian are superior in a lot of metrics

>Chinese never defeated the xiong nu or the gokturks

>rome military at its height 300.000
>han military at its height 700.000

winged hussar is overrated meme shit

chinks need superior numbers because of human wave attacks. china has always been about quantity over quality.

Army strength
The Imperial Roman Army was essentially a professional army augmented by tribal auxiliaries. The army had roughly 30 legions with an estimated strength of 380,000 during Trajan's reign.

Given that the average legion had on paper 5000 legionaries, that would give the Imperial Roman Army a nominal strength of 150,000 legionaries and 230,000 auxilia. Given that the average Roman legionary served for 20 years up to a maximum of 25 years, we should find a large proportion of aged career soldiers in border duties and other static garrison roles who are largely unfit for sustained offensive operations, and a corresponding proportion of crack troops.

Less is known of the strength of Han armies. What we do know however, is that in 141 bc, every male commoner upon reaching the age of 23 was liable for universal conscription with one year's training and one year's service. If we were to assume that the population distribution took a classic pyramid shape, and extrapolate the distribution based on the population pyramid of a developing country, for instance, Kenya:
That would give us a standing Han army of roughly 362,500 trainees and 362,500 servicemen with a further 1,160,000 ex-servicemen between the ages of 25 to 29 available for call up.

Within the 23-29 age group, the Romans would have 2,772,000 men. If we take away 15% to account for the slave population, and a further 200,000 to account for the existing legionaries and auxilia who would likely have fallen into that age group, that would leave Rome with 2,156,200 men available for call up. They do not however, have any military training, and would require a lengthy amount of time to mobilize, train, equip, organize, and deploy.

>China loses to the muslims, has to retreat from Central Asia; muslims > China
>muslims lose to the Europeans, have to retreat from Iberia and Italy; Europeans > muslims
therefore Europeans > muslims > China
any questions?

Population estimates
Rome - 88 million 114 A.D
Han - 58 million 2 A.D.

The Romans clearly had the upper hand in terms of population size and this reflect in the army too

+point of china is the homogeneous society while in roma a lot of etnick group and slaves could have deficulted the work of large and prolonged war

One thing is that chink empirelet can't compete with Europeans

not even the han dinasty can compare to roman empire

no they arent dont overrate yourself mediocre piece of shit ,dont judge the people that safe europe so lighly

The winged hussars saved Europe from the Turkish hordes you mongoloid

Under Constantine I the Roman army had 645.000 professional soldiers, while China only had conscripts.

They did under the Yuan dynasty.

The actual Chinese were nothing but slaves during the Mongol-ruled Yuan dynasty.

The Tang lost at Talas because 2/3rds of their army were local mercenaries who turned on them halfway through the battle.

>saving europe
>constantinople still in turk hands

Literally until the creation of Greece in the late 1800s and the end of the Ottomans after the First World War you had a significant portion of Christians in the region identifying themselves as fucking Romans.

bunch of inbreed greek islander larping as romans, based from a greek oral story isnt "a significant portion of Christians in the region"

>larping
That doesn't mean what you think it means you mongoloid retard. Those greeks had been part of the roman and then eastern roman empire for literally a thousand years. Their roman identity was a constant of their culture and society for so long that it was the only one they had and the only one they could even remember. They had been thoroughly and completely assimilated by the Romans.

They did get rid of the Nomads question pushing them out but later than 600AD then no, see the battle of Talas

European would lose to Mongols given a chance to battle.

Why did Spain look for silver if it caused inflation?

You're a retard, the problem was that when spain conquered the americas there was just too much gold and silver that it lost value.

Is this a good geographical map? I had no idea China was this mountainous

>Someone told me that China in the middle ages between 2nd century and the 16th century was superior to Europe and could crush Europe

Well this is completely retarded

Yes.

This is why save for 2 cases, Steppenig invaders are usually only successful in the North.

So... Why conquer them at all?

Chinese civilization was more advanced than the christian one and economically much wealthier.

"crushing europe" is the retarded part, simply because distances, technology and the nature of warfare in those times.

Um, no. The Mongols had trouble against stone fortifications.

the entire west is a testament to roman tradition.

WE

doesn't matter who is actually left, they are still using laws, buildings, streets, roads, laid down by romans.

Should be proof enough that every single nation in europe has their own word for Caesar.