Why is it that when my abs are flexed, they are fine...

Why is it that when my abs are flexed, they are fine, as in visible and i can pinch the fat meaning that is def not an issue with body fat, but when not flexed, my stomach is ike pot belly tier potruding? I'm not even that big and I don't use HGH. This started becoming an issue when I started my bulk, and I naturally assumed it was because my stomach was expanding because it would and still does bloat a ton after I eat, but the stomach is actually pretty small, and not big enough to cause this. After I have a big meal or shakes I literally look like I have HGH gut.
>pic is similar but not me

Body fat in men collects under the muscles so yes it is an issue with body fat

The inverse abdominus is the inside of your abs that keeps your stomach pulled in. They're probably underdeveloped. Do stomach vaccuums and maybe planks too.

huh. sounds about right.

Because the belly is soft and doesn't have bones directly behind it.

Relaxed = organs push out
Flexed = abdomen wall pushes organs in

No it doesn't you dummy, subcutaenous fat develops under the skin, visceral fat develops around the organs

then its visceral fat you dumb idiot

Fat literally does accumulate in the muscle.

what the fuck...?

>Ability to go from a belly to abs simply by flexing

see a doctor

A marginal amount of fat gets stored to muscles, to the point that it's not even accounted for in most literature. Have you ever seen an ultrasound image? The fat doesn't even resemble the same contrast as muscle tissue.

Go read a book you dummy

oh my god that is literally fucking cartoon mode
OP you have the greatest party trick ever

>it's not body fat if it's visceral

I can also make a "wave" with my stomach. Its some gnarly shit. It literally looks like a snake or something.

>body fat in men collects under the muscles
It accumulates both under and over in the form of subcutaenous and visceral fat. Now I won this argument with my clearly superior knowledge of human anatomy, so I suggest you read some literature too before giving more bad advice on Veeky Forums

Where do you think your organs are you idiot?

/thread

... can't everyone do that? if i flex i'm at visible abs. relaxed and i lose two, keep four. i can then push everything out to look like i have a tumor.

is the photo on the right you relaxed or actively pushing out?

no, different user here
if I flex I have abs
if I relax to normal, my got pushes out like in the picture
I can then push it out more like you can to get an even bigger balloon effect

Wait.. so the pic in OP is actually you? Not some random before/after? Pls tell me its you

Probably have a large greater omentum due to beer consumption.
Or you just have shit visceral fat genetics.

What's your body fat %? Usually you have to get under 10% fat and bellow before you gut starts to get pulled in.

alright, listen, OP, i have the same thing as you. you're definitely pushing out in that photo don't pretend you're not. same thing, belly dance crazy mobility of the abdomen can suck it in push it out the whole nine yards. the problem is in your muscles and it's not a "problem". it's your rectus sheath. it's your normal abs. lose weight, it definitely looks like you can lose a healthy ten pounds and the belly protruding won't be a problem anymore. i know it's not what you want to hear, but that's the truth. go get'em, tiger

Somebody actually posted the perfect reference pic in another thread I'll just point to it here

i've got the same boxer shorts

This, fat is distributed around the deep somatic fascia not 'in' muscle

*in the superficial fascia

i have the same problem. bump

lol no fuckin way

was really expecting a lawful/chaotic:good/evil matrix

Bro science
.This.
I had this problem I just cut beer out for a week and went low carbs and did a fair amount of running, abs, and swimming. Belly is flat again.