American feudal infantry

>American feudal infantry
How does this make you feel Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IkDDBL7jNew
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

that looks so comfy, going to a historical event with all your buddies and posing for a picture like that

America was a superpower during the middle ages, what the fuck are you on about?

>Sir Pudgins

>white "people"

>implying medieval peasants weren't fatties

Here's where this is from, I see to problem here
youtube.com/watch?v=IkDDBL7jNew

looks fun

>yfw Americans would have conquered the world had they existed in 600 A.D.

Mohammed spotted

Working the fields all day with a grain based diet? I very much doubt it

>grains don't make people fat as fuck
Try eating nothing but bread

No, I think it is from HMB/battle of nations. I notice one of the dudes from the USA national roster. I plan on trying out this shit once I get the money (poor college student right now) and if this is the USA team it seems like it wont be too much of a challenge to join as I could beat their asses.

the whole "processed food/cooked food/meat/saturated fat/carbs is baaaad, buy only vegan wholefood and insert it anally to ensure maximum nutrition absorption" thing is just a marketing ploy, the only thing remotely wrong with the modern diet is excessive sugar consumption and sodium nitrite

i like it

They didn't eat just bread, mainly vegetables, fish (if it was available in the area) and small hunts. The caloric ingest at the time wasn't as high as today's, and the physical work was much more constant and intense than today.

It's funny, since republics really aren't translatable to a medieval setting, is there any better tabard to make for the US?

What is medieval Italy

de jure republics
they were de facto pseudo monarchies

most peasants were probably emaciated as fuck

a lot of the nobility, which these guys are larping as was probably fat though

Like the revolution was a waste and the founding fathers were delusional.

>probably
Didn't read further. Stop bothering me with asspulls.

>All of Italy is Milan and Florence

Makes me think of civ

>t. Brainlet.
For starters there are the Italian Republics.
>they were de facto pseudo monarchies
You're thinking of Venice. Whose Doge is basically an elected monarch.

But for many other Medieval Republics, Chartered Cities, and Medieval Communes, what they had was representative democracy. You directed your bitching towards your elected district head, or if you are an artisan/merchant/skilled cunt, the elected head of your trade's guild. The only people who didn't vote their heads were urban nobles (the head is, well, the head of the house), or the clergy (its a done deal, your Bishop is the head). Guild heads, district heads, urban lords, and clergymen sat on the city council to govern the city and elect among them a mayor/burgomeister to serve a term.

I meant I should also add that America's militiafaggotry descended from Medieval City State traditions of defense. Being outside the feudal order, free cities, chartered cities, and city states had nobody to rely on for their defense.

As such, there were 2 options.
1) Mercenaries.
2) More commonly: make it a responsibility for Citizens to own weapons and armor by law and serve a few tours of service in the City Garrison, manning the walls, patrolling the streets, and training for war.

Rich citizens and urban nobles can afford weapons and armor easy peasy. Can't afford it yourself and you're a poor citizen? No problem, the district or your guild will pool money to buy everyone basic equipment so you could participate in the defense of the city.

And just like American Militias of the 1700s 1800s, they elected their own officers.

where is the hohol infantry
hohol mafia