How is bodybuilding a sport?

How is bodybuilding a sport?

How is showing off muscles on a stage a sport?

Ever trained like a bodybuilder?

Ever trained like a sportsman? They don't count it as a sport.

Preparation is not a sport

its not a sport its a competition

It's not, no one said it was
Always been known as a competition

it has a lot in common with sports but in the end lacks some key aspects to be qualified as a sport

I don't want to take away anything from bodybuilding, I might even be the biggest fan of pro bodybuilding on this board, but I do agree it's literally just not a real sport

How is League of Legends a sport?
Sitting in front of a computer is a sport?

bodybuilders are far from athletes

Flexing on stage is, whats your point?

>flexing on stage is a sport

Veeky Forums 2k17

it literally isn't though
trust me, i was mad autsitic about taking e-sports seriosuly, but they're just computer games, bro

Fun fact:
Playing poker is also considered a sport

I thought it was a competition. Not a sport.

The actual bodybuilding show isn't a sport, it's a beauty pageant with strict rules.

The actual weight lifting and dieting is the sport, the show is just a display of how well you play the sport.

If you're shitty at playing the sport then you will look like shit in the bodybuilding show, and you'll lose because you suck at playing the sport.

Bodybuilding is weird because it's like an indirect sport. You're judged on how well you played a sport that nobody witnessed, it's all about results.

>do you play a sport user?
>yeah, i train in the gym. Thats considered a sport. Its not actually training

would you also consider runway models who compete against each other on those reality tv shows athletes as well? They have to diet and practice their walk against each other. The results of this is how they are judged

It's a pageant. It's silly and gross at times but it's how people choose to spend their time. I don't think anyone here thinks it's more of a sport or competition than playing football, but as a competition it doesn't impede ones ability to enjoy both as a contest. It's different and completely it's own thing.

Yes I would consider models as athletes.

>they follow a strict diet for specific results
>they either follow or not follow a fitness routine for specific results
>they are then judged and rewarded for how well they followed their routine

Let me guess, you are a genius that is far more intelligent than any dumbshit bodybuilder or supermodel, am I right? However, you work a job that rewards you for the time you spend working the job, and not being rewarded for the work you put in when nobody's watching. You are a wage slave and that's why you can't understand it.

>Yes I would consider models as athletes.
I cant even believe how hard you are baiting

kek, wth

bodybuilding is an art, powerlifting/oli is a sport

DESU I think that strongman is significantly more of a sport than either PL or OL, despite how OWL is currently in the olympics
Although I guess that PL shares a lot of similarities to field sports so there's no reason why it couldn't be in the olympics either.

Fucking tryhard faggots.

Tell me about your genders and how I'm mis-identifying your pronouns. fucking sandbox playing numales.

It's less than a competition it's a fucking beauty pageant with less skill

how is chess a sport? like nigga how is thinking a sport

Chess, is considered a sport, so is curling.

What's your point?

Hey! Stop it! I'm trying to meme!