Vegan General

Thread for all vegans and people interested in the vegan lifestyle.

Vegetarians allowed as long as they won't push their morally unacceptable diets.

Meat eaters (aka rapists and murderers of animals) NOT ALLOWED

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/m7TZNn
youtube.com/watch?v=VubRDVdPKyU
pastebin.com/kLtkMM4w
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phytoestrogens
youtube.com/watch?v=Kt6dj7rQ818
huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/03/europeans-genes-fat-neanderthals_n_5083408.html
gmushrooms.com/MushroomInformation/ShiitakeNutrition.htm
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1057970/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Harvey_Kellogg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Eeva is a little mouse who lives in a big house that is not suitable for a little mouse

>It's another "meat eater falseflagging as a vegan and creates an obnoxiously aggressive and pointless thread to paint vegans in a bad light" thread

I will NOT accept any nonvegans. You people are rapists and murderers. Your diet is responsible for slowly killing our planet and using almost all of our water.

Fuck off and kill yourself if you ever dared to harm an animal.

this

posts about reporting others get you banned

Hasn't got me banned yet you gyno-donning faggot

kys you cow raping my 600lbs life participant

Well, this is basically why I almost never tell anyone I'm vegan except if it's really, really necessary. I feel embarrassed about belonging to a group of angry hippies with no self control. I don't believe that tone of voice is going to change anything at all. People won't try veganism when they get shouted at.

Instead, try inspiring. Try using your knowledge for something good. I usually invite friends or family over for dinner and serve delicious vegan food. People can relate to that and have a higher chance of actually giving veganism a try.

daily reminder all vegans return to eating meat at some point

discord.gg/m7TZNn
Come here me boi ,
This is the meatcuck's graveyard where they comes to die and be reborn as enlightened human bean .

>Eating plant-based diet for ethical and health reasons
>Eating meat is metal as fuck

What do I do

Yeah this. There have been many "vegan generals" lately and they all start with an aggressive OP followed by those shitty strawman pictures. Probably the same guy making all of them.

I was actually starting a vegan diet. I'm one day one, I figured I'd try it for a week and see how I feel. After

>okay for animals to eat other animals
>not okay for humans to eat other animals
I do not understand the mind of the vegan

I've found that eating animal products only once a week has amplified my enjoyment of them. I realize eating eggs and cheese and meat every day was pretty retarded on my health and wallet. Once a week, brahs.

Okay for animal because it's the only way they can stay alive;

Not okay for us because we have access to a better , cheaper , more health and earth friendly alternative .

>murderers
i agree but i mostly try to eat meat that comes from grass fed cows

conventional farms are horrible i agree, but atleast grass fed cows live a much better life than conventional farms

fuck that, i dont mind murdering for my food, but i would like the animal to life a somewhat decent life

i too enjoy being an insufferable cunt

HI, i'm a vegatarian

>being vegan

That's so amazing OP you're really a superior amazing human being, theres a special place in heaven for you.

oh look, it's this thread again

epic argument bro
>humans are omnivores
>worked our way up the food chain
>some sissy cries about us hurting poor animals on the internet

Go take your supplements tumblr

only thing that makes me not vegan is that i eat eggs so im vegatarian

I second that.
Go raw vegan on the week (IF18/6) and eat "normal" on Weekends (IF23/1), feels good and i get everything that i need in a superficcient amount.

Hey, i'm on that same boat user.

>Eating food that destroy the world as fast as possible

I am vegan and I cannot stand meat eaters. All of you are dumb, degenerate scum that cannot think on their own and parrot everything they hear from their retarded parents and friends.

I've realized that as soon as someone starts to debate you with real facts about the vegan diet you're at a loss of words and try to distract me with your meme arguments only mentally challenged "people" like you can come up with.

Start debating me and you'll want to be vegan yourself. Even you will see the truth.

Why hurting animals when you literally have thousands of other products that can easily avoid that? I am legitimately curious, tell me whats stopping you from just trying a vegan diet and Ill try to help you

These comics are so stupid and condescending, no wonder everyone fucking hates vegans

Look dude, you're going about this all wrong. You're trying to plant a moral dilemma about it. I get it. Animals get hurt to fuel the meat industry. With that argument, you're only going to convince the people that might care about that. Don't make it about morality, make it about health. As it stands, I can eat very healthily with meat. So why change that?

Real fact: without livestock aka chickens and cows, our fields will be leached of any nutritional value. So vegan farming actually hurts the planet just as much as mono-cropping :) plants, animals and humans are part of the same triangle of agricultural and without animal by products such as shit piss and death, your soil goes to shit.

Read a book, owait you can't cuz their made from trees

meat isn't healthy.
youtube.com/watch?v=VubRDVdPKyU

Daily reminder that if you care about the "feelings" of animals, you've watched too many Bambi movies

That's not how agriculture works and feedlots are literally devastating the environment on a dozen different levels, including with the waste products.

but humans are animals?

Because its easier than most people think, I guarantee you that. Im not saying you should go vegan overnight or that youre a murderer or rapist (not that type of vegan lol), but why not trying? You said you dont care about animals, I can understand that. Why dont you try doing it for health then? I dont doubt that you feel healthy and fine eating meat now (I guess youre young), but later on theres a high possibility that it will catch up. Animal products for the most part are not healthy, especially meat (and especially so red meat). My question is: why not trying to go a day without meat, then a day without meat AND dairy and so on and then see if its doable? There are so many good alternatives you wont ever want to go back, Im sure of that. And youll feel better than ever

go away reddit

pastebin.com/kLtkMM4w

So you actually are going to spam that retarded infograph/pastebin from now on?

Do you think that we need your insane opinions on this? Its mostly whole and completed and the people visiting your threads are not all insane. Those are the ones who are on the fence or just dont know about the simple fact that we are omnivores. Those I want to talk to.

You can just die for all I care lol.

Literal retardation, as expected of Veeky Forums.

literal butthurt, as expected from the denialist veggiefags. Even if you drag your veganist subreddit into this place, your members still will read these things. And then your zealotry and whatever wont make up for the fact that they are still individuals, who also may look to find the truth about the world, life in general.

humans are not omnivores

>quotation needed

also, literally modern science, from darwin, through the early industrial revolution, beyond that and then to the modern age. Nobody has disputed this fact.

We are omnivores.

Perhaps in dealing with you veggiefags one should remember one additional variable: The fact that you guys have high rates of mental instability. To persuade you of something as such a simple to prove truth, would mean having to undo the cloud of insanity that is your brain. Too far away from anything like the scientific standards, or even the socratic methods.

sage

Evidence is accruing that phytoestrogens may have protective action against diverse health disorders, such as prostate, breast, bowel, and other cancers, cardiovascular disease, brain function disorders and osteoporosis,[1][8][9][10]
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phytoestrogens
???

look man, when I was down on my luck, I also thought "well the keto diet must be really good, ketosis, shit that sounds neat" and then tried to do something that is extremely unnatural and unhealthy.

The hardest part of life is sometimes just admitting that radical changes are not needed. The best diet, the truth about how to live ones life was right there infront of me. In the standard, dietary guidelines made by the gov. Who also support the fact that we are omnivores.

Why waste your time that has so little benefits in life? And so many downsides when you could just be normal? Find a different hobby, find a wife. Get more normal friends, just let go of this pure insanity.

> In the standard, dietary guidelines made by the gov.
The ones that are literally funded by the industry but still suggest to cut down on sat fat and cholesterol which would mean a huge limit on meat/dairy?

>also, literally modern science, from darwin, through the early industrial revolution, beyond that and then to the modern age. Nobody has disputed this fact.

>quotation neeeded

also, saying that because something hasn't been disputed that it's therefore correct is just an appeal to popularity fallacy.

this thread is full of gays, and heavy traumatized people with a lot of money and family problems

as in for me, brb ripping animals with my teeth and drink their blood ;)

well the average american does indeed consume too much, but you are not an average american are you? Even tho you may be insane, you still have a few neurons higher than average. It shouldnt be too hard to figure out how to eat a good omnivore diet.

Srsly, do you know how easy it makes life when you know that you are at the optimal diet and no longer have to experiment, or persuade other people to do it? You could actually do other things in life.

Instead of trying to shill for a veganism horsecrap thing, you could just try to teach people about the glycemic index, about sports reducing LDL and a bunch of other things that they should be doing anyhow.

You are wasting all of your hours, all of your time on lies and dead ends. If you actually understand all of this, helping people find the diet that actually works feels good to do as some form of community service.

But noo, the moment you read these words somekind of internal bell goes of and you flip right back into insanity modo.

>Srsly, do you know how easy it makes life when you know that you are at the optimal diet and no longer have to experiment, or persuade other people to do it?
We literally do not know what the ideal diet is. If we knew the entire field of nutrition would be obsolete.

Also I said limit not eliminate you drumpf. Go autistic-spam-mode on someone else.

>people with a lot of money
false
youtube.com/watch?v=Kt6dj7rQ818

>We literally do not know what the ideal diet is. If we knew the entire field of nutrition would be obsolete.

we do know what diets do not work and are not good for us though. Like eating sand, vegetarianism is on par with the sand eating diet. Nearly the same nutritional value it has too.

I love dairy, and although I find it personally important to respect that something had to die to eat meat, I do in fact like eating the flesh of animals, do it reasonably often, and think it is a natural part of human diet. However, I think all this anti soy faggotry needs to stop. It's a good cheap source of protein.

> every vegan sidekick comic

>Go raw vegan on the week
Eat whole vegan foods, but RAW vegan is fucking crazy

The comics are obnoxious but the arguments are true. The cheese on the pizza is at the expense of the subjugation and suffering of a sentient being, that's why it is shit, that's why we want you to stop liking what we don't like.

We metabolize animal proteins better than plant proteins. We've evolved to consume meat more than plants, which is evident by our incisors, small bellies, forward-facing eyes, and other hallmark characteristics of predators. We did more hunting than gathering, and our bodies are still tuned as such. Yes, this basically the argument from the paleo diet. It's the most sensible from an evolutionary biology perspective.

>We metabolize animal proteins better than plant proteins. We've evolved to consume meat more than plants
[citation needed]
Humans ate a huge amount of fruits and vegetables compared to a very low amount of meat (guess what plants can't run away and don't resist eating). Also lots of meat fucks with your gut flora and is directly linked to cancer.

Are you going to splurge this 4th of July weekend? I am not looking forward to being around family as a fatass. I was 40 pounds lighter last year. I doubt I will be able to sneak a sufficient amount of booze to cope.

So being vegan has nothing to do with a diet, it's an ideology that your pushing. That's why everyone hates you because your no better than those fucking people that knock on my door on Saturday morning asking about Jesus

I forgot to mention the carbs from veganism has made me gain all this weight. How do poor people on this diet not get fat?

Yes bruh it's the evil carbs and not your lack of willpower and laziness.

tips : Oreo are not bad because they're full of evil carb ;) .

>Thread for people interested in the vegan lifestyle
>Meat eaters NOT ALLOWED
What is a cult?

>poor people
>getting fat

Good goy. Just eat more carbs like the food pyramid tells you. Humans were made to eat little protein. That stuff gives you cancer, you know. Don't buy eggs, buy more soy and grains.

>Humans were made to eat little protein
That's actually true though. Why else does human breast milk, the food evolutionary designed for the most crucial growth stage, have very little protein?

>Implying the "grain and soy industry" doesn't get 70+% of it's revenue from feeding cattle .

You're the one getting jewed .

I don't want man tits, sorry

I eat rice and tofu and fruit like your ilk told me to. It's just not working out. I've gained weight and I've developed eczema or something similar on my face.

I am white, therefore it is in my genetics to eat lots and lots of animals

huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/03/europeans-genes-fat-neanderthals_n_5083408.html

It ISN'T okay for animals to kill, but we humans need to clean our own house before we can intervene in nature.

this

threadly reminder that OP is a fag

>It ISN'T okay for animals to do what's necessary to live

Dunno why people shit their pants about protein. Everyone, vegan and normal alike, needs to eat loads more mushrooms.

> The proteins in shiitake are composed of 18 types of amino acids, including 7 of the 8 essential amino acids in a ratio similar to the 'ideal protein' for humans. Of these amino acids, shiitake is especially rich in leucine and lysine, which are deficient in many grains. For people on a vegetarian diet, shiitake represents an excellent protein supplement.
gmushrooms.com/MushroomInformation/ShiitakeNutrition.htm

>Approximate analyses of mushroom protein (Pleurotus sp.) revealed that it contains 2.78% protein and 0.14% nonprotein nitrogen on a fresh-weight basis. A total of 17 amino acids, including all the essential amino acids, were qualitatively identified. Quantitative estimation of essential amino acids showed that, except for methionine and phenylalanine, all are in fairly high concentration. From these studies, it was concluded that the supplementation of this mushroom with cereal diet would help to overcome lysine deficiency.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1057970/

Why do vegans always whine about shit that isn't fitness related in these threads? Is it because it's an extreme diet that isn't better on the human body than being an omnivore?

Why do you always have to have inflammatory images in your fucking OP. Why can't you just tell about the benefits, you vegan cunt. This is why no one likes you, you idiot.
Unless that's your intention, you prick

>don't make it about morality, make it about health

Do not do this. Animal products are nutritious, especially eggs, organ meats and cultured dairy. The health argument is a flat-out lie. The moral argument is the only one with legs.

Wait when did they change it to Veeky Forums - Fitness ?

I swear to god it always was Veeky Forums - Fitness & Health

Why does veganism make you so triggered? Are you a woman? Sorry not everyone wants to fit your hippie image on Veeky Forums of all places.

bro look up the origins of veganism in the west. It was initially consecrated by Kellogg as a means of reducing pleasure in your life since he was one of those no-fun-not-ever Protestants

same guy who made male circumcision huge in North America and would regularly burn the clits off women

the animal rights angle is a recent development. Veganism was initially based around making your life as uncomfortable and drab as possible

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Harvey_Kellogg

Right. Murder is wrong even when they do it. One day we'll be able to give animals as many vegan options as humans have.

With the same amount of calories you could get way more vitamin and minerals through a plant based diet .

Sure you can get your rdi ( this is not an optimal amound this is a bare minimum ) by eating egg and meats but they're just not as nutrient dense , on top of that there's a lot of other beneficial things in plant but the most important part is that they do not contain much harmful fat or cholesterol like animal product do .

Fitness - the condition of being physically fit and healthy.

Looks on topic to me, champ.

I doubt that's true but even if it were why does that matter? There are millions of vegetarians and vegans living their life just like the rest.

OP makes me triggered, my friend

What's funny is that the slaughtering methods could probably stand to be a bit quicker/painless, you know?

I'm willing to kill for my meat but want to respect the animal's life and its sacrifice.

also nice false flag.

Just stop feigning offense, aight?

>plant-based

In other words, mostly plants but with some meat and dairy. Exactly. That's why the health argument is a dead end.

because it's an ideology with little to no scientific backing besides a handful of poorly-tested, biased papers (like the ones VeganPains and Greger regurgitate), and the better people realize this, the less annoying herbivorous fucks will be taken seriously

Did you ignore the part about the harmfulness of meat and dairy ?

You're an idiot, my man

Meat eater here, but a good chunk of scientific backing for meat/egg/dairy are biased and sponsored by leaders in such industries. Straight science is nonexistent.

Ok, I look forward to you standing on your soapbox crying about the mean OP in the next thread.
>he's so meeeaaaaan wtf I'm gonna eat 4 burgers now!

There are peer-reviewd double randomised studies that show that a vegetarian diet is better than the regular diet and that veganism is even better. The science so far seems to favor not eating meat (excluding fish here). I'm neither so spare any insults.

What has VG said that's untrue? Have you even watched his videos?

mad

Yes, because it's a lie. People can eat and enjoy meat and dairy without threatening their health and longevity. Similar to how it's easy but morally wrong to say 'fuck it, I'll have the beef hamburger' at lunchtime, it's easy but morally wrong to get conversions by telling lies.