An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds

>An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds

- Mark Rippetoe

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YbqYzkF6U4o
youtube.com/watch?v=Hr1uiZfajUg
muscleandstrength.com/articles/interview-ripped-robbie-sardinia-mr-california.html
youtube.com/watch?v=twQlpFrm5iM
youtube.com/watch?v=kJsfxtoHCOo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>u mirin brah
>dont be a sad cunt

- Jeff "Scooby" Seid

That's not incorrect; it's less only if you're a manlet, which doesn't put you into the category of actual adult males

yeah and what, any non manlet/birdbone type should weigh 200 lbs

well honestly if you aren't a manlet you should weigh about 200lbs

>Light weight baby! Hooooo!
-Arnold Schwartzenegger

an adult male is also at least 6'1

with 8" dick minimum.

dicklet detected

used to weight 245 pounds because I was fat.
started keto and a little bit of lifting.
now I am at 180 pounds, probably added some muscle weight.

lol more like an obese male

*6'5

>Buvaisar Saitiev is not a man
kekd

Cute twink

He can easily beat your ass

>tfw 6'2 birdbonez
>tfw when i was 210 I was just a butterball
>tfw naturally 130 lbs without doing anything
>tfw sitting at 188 lbs now at 15% bf
>tfw not an adult

5'11"
194 pounds
Should I just lift and eat maintenance for forever then?

Twinks are usually bottoms.

Mark, pls, stop

>"Only nine inches? Pathetic."

I'm above that, but if all Veeky Forumsizens decided to try to cut to fitness model shape, i.e. 6-8%, I can guarantee you there's only a handful of people that will be above 200 (and less so naturals). I'd be around 180 lbs at most, and I'm right now 220 at 12% bodyfat albeit well hydrated, whereas contest conditioning makes you lose water weight and fat

if rippetoe himself or most of his fanboys attempted to cut to even 10% aka good looking, they'd ALL be far below 200 lbs.

>tfw 165 pounds at 6'4, 10%bf
Ottermode + lanklet mode combo baby
Goal is 185 pounds or so

that's good, I think after my first 9 months I was 6'3" 170 ottermode (think brad pitt in fight club), then 1 year later after a bulk to 220 at 16% and cut to 195 I was ripped/athletic mode

6'4" 185 at legit 10% is okay weight, similar as the guy in pic related (6'4" 185-190 in this picture). He trenned harder and ate more clen these days and is now 220 at low bodyfat

>Fat acceptance gone mad

Attached is a pic of Ron Walker a British Weightlifter at the last Olympics before the Russians started using test on their athletes. He competed at 5'11 and 190lbs (left shot) and the other shot shows him cut for a photoshoot at around 175lbs. He could overhead press 280lbs and was considered a giant in his pre-roid era.

This is Ripptoe justifying his 38inch+ waist and a male form of fat acceptance.

this

190 lbs in e.g. natural bodybuilding competition shape (so at 6-8% bodyfat) is quite huge (inb4 hurr durr weight = size, that weight at low bodyfat implies the person walking around at easily 240 in low teens bodyfat).

Meanwhile, a 240 lbs 25% guy would be absolutely dwarfed by the former 190 guy because his weight is all around his potbelly and he doesn't have further muscular development. And don't come up with muh LBM meme, it is hugely skewed towards more fat/bloated people because it competely disregards water weight fluctuations for example.

for example, this is Robbie Sardinia at 6'2" 183 lbs and completely shredded. Meanwhile if he only posted only his height/weight on Veeky Forums they would think of an average 20% bodyfat guy that would look small at that weight.

Bodyweight is quite the shit metric for actual size unless bodyfat% is specified

>tfw skinny lanklet

It's hard being a cute 5'7" 125 lb blue eyed boy who's just trying to get good at calisthenics in this cruel cruel world

so frank zane was a weak pussy? good to know

>muh abs
You look like a dyel in a t shirt, just saying lMfAo.

>Milk Merchant giving advice on being a man

I think I'm starting to see why Rippletits has almost never produced a strong athlete. There are 6 categories in weightlifting and 3 of those are below 200lbs. There are 8 classes in powerlifting 4 of them are below 200lbs. If you're telling everyone to bulk up like crazy, they'll eat themselves up to a higher weight class with people that are way stronger than them, because most of their body weight is muscle and not fat.

>never produced a strong athlete
Source?

The thing with weight classes is that they're completely fucked. There are competitions where you weigh in 48 hours before the meet. Come on. That's why in his meets, people will weigh in at the end of the meet. Levels the playing field dramatically. The way it is now, numbers are inflated because guys that belong in one weight class crash their weight to just make the lower weight class, then hop back up in time for the meet. That's gaming the system, not demonstrating your strength relative to other people in your appropriate class.

youtu.be/YbqYzkF6U4o

>numbers are inflated because guys that belong in one weight class crash their weight to just make the lower weight class
Confirmed for not knowing what the fuck he's talking about. Did Rip say this?

People usually do water cuts for competitions which is a pretty old practice, everybody's been doing it for years not just powerlifters or oly lifters. The max you can water cut for a competition is around 10% if your weigh in is 24 hours before the competition and 5% max if the weigh in is on the same day.

Also, it's an issue with how weigh ins are done in sports. The athletes just do whatever is necessary to get the greatest results.

>If you are a cruiserweight or below, you are not an adult male
- Mark 'man whose sole speciality is training absolute novices to perform a meme version of the squat' Rippetoe

>Source?
>he needs proofs on not existence
How I spot a retard

i seriously dont believe those stats

im shorter than that and weighed that much and i looking like a fucking twig. youre delusional

you're absolutely delusional if you think you could weight 180lbs at 6%bf, you're probably assuming you wouldn't lose a single pound of muscle.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hr1uiZfajUg

weight classes were a mistake and are as bad as forced "diversity"

it's because he's at 6% bodyfat and you're at 15% bloated bodyfat lol. You're the only delusional fucko here, start lifting and come back in a few years idiot

I said "180 at most", and that's while being 220 with abs. Imo a realistic estimate given my former lean bodyweights at the 9-10% border

I weight 200lb but 25lb of that is my gut. I am man?

if you dont have a bmi of obese while being sub ,%10 bodyfat youre not a marine

Uncle Rip literally only cares about strength and has no interest in aesthetics to speak of.

If you have low bf% (10 or less) and are still above 200lbs you are literally in the top 1% of humanity and have made it.

>Off Season Weight 215 and growing

>muscleandstrength.com/articles/interview-ripped-robbie-sardinia-mr-california.html

that pic is clearly not contest mode. you're the only delusional retard here mate. maybe you should head back to misc

also hes not 6'2". maybe 6'

youtube.com/watch?v=twQlpFrm5iM

he's 183 in the picture, it's from about 7 years ago. From bodyspace iirc, self-stated bodyweight after some specific cut

stop trying newbie

also
>hurr durr le height e-stat meme

and after looking it up, he's 192 lbs in the picture, my bad

point still stands

>220 with abs
KEK I bet

Unless you're 6'2+, no thanks

youtube.com/watch?v=kJsfxtoHCOo
looks quite 6'2"ish to me. At worst, 6'1" evening
6'3", lifting for 7y, and abs is a relative term and doesn't refer to stage conditioning

>self stated height and bodyweight from a narcissist

user i...

i was only trying to help you since you seem to be misinformed. continue to spin your wheels though if you want. i guess you think you can get a normal body builders body without roids because they all clam to never use the stuff right? just remember to take your celltech right?

see vid in
sounds like you're just insecure about your shit physique. Lift more than a few years and it'll settle fag

>tfw 60kg
>tfw that being skinnyfat mode

So how do I put thirty kilograms of muscle on my body?

I meaning, the statement is obviously retarded, but do you guys actually run around at sub 10% BF?

That makes you weak in all regards, both athletic and mental performance ... just so you get girls to mire your leanness or what?
There is nothing wrong with sitting at 12-15% bf unless you are preparing for comp, obviously.

>That makes you weak in all regards, both athletic and mental performance

at the grand height of 5'7, i'd be one fat manlet at that weight, or at least look like a tiny ninja turtle

>manlets can't be adult males unless they're on gear or super fat

How will they ever recover?