Cold showers

Is there any serious research into the hot showers vs cold showers debate? Everything I've seen on the subject looks like broscience and memes.

>not spending 2 minutes in the shower at coldes to minimize time between workout and food consumption
Fool! Know you not that your body burns calories (uses the food you give it) faster after you work out? Thou must eat FAST and quickly!

I believe the stuff about it opening or closing your pores, and it's why I do a quick rinse with cold water to finish up, but it doesn't really matter. your in the shower for 5-10 minutes. It's not that important in my opinion.

All I know on that side is that Veeky Forums agrees.

That's because it's nothing but bioscience and memes culminating into a placebo effect at best

It's a nice little shock, that's the main thing. You can get a rush out of it if the water is cold enough. That's the idea behind it *sort of* helping with depression, the pain releases endorphins. That's why some people self harm.

They're a good opportunity to face up to a task which is uncomfortable but to consciously make yourself do it anyway.

As far as muscles go, I've read that cycling between cold and hot improves circulation because the cold water makes your blood pool around your organs to conserve heat and hot makes it go towards the skin to release heat. I don't know if this has meaningful effects though.

GUYS

WHY DON'T WE DO BOTH?!?!?!?!?!

Start the shower Cool then end it hot
or maybe the other WAY AROUND.

>he doesnt do the scottish shower where you start hot to clean yourself and end cold to energize and hydrate yourself

thats how you have a heart attack and die. not even joking.

>not realising that a Scottish Shower is actually using no more than 1 litre of water, unheated, and no soap because Scottish people are all stingy as fuck.

Only if you have a heart that is about to give out anyway.

Gotta do cold showers for my dnp run. Otherwise I'd die I think

>any research into the hot vs cold shower debate
God i hope my tax dollars arent being used for shit that retarded

Trust me, they're being used for shit more retarded than that.

Seems legit.

20 minutes of water, whether hot or cold, is not significant enough to have ANY FUCKING EFFECT at all.

It literally doesn't fucking matter.

Here in Russia it is common to take what is called contrast showers. That means you first warm up with hot water, then you make it cold (and water is very cold especialy in winter), then hot again and so on while gradually increasing the time under cold water. You finish with the long cold shower. Many people here do this since childhood.

It's a meme but you could also argue the psychological effects are worth it

Idk about most of that shit but I think the best thing to do would be to take a cold shower in the morning to wake up and then a hot shower before you go to bed to get comfy.

Source?

Lol dumbshit I do that everyday

yeah fucking sheep! not like you, you just KNOW these things.

This.

I start warm for my body then end on cold for my hair.

Thanks for the tip old man.

sounds good to me comrade

I think when doing scientific research some of the psychological effects are overlooked. Same thing with nofap and other shit like that. Because how do you accurately measure that shit?

Imagine someone that takes only cold showers in cold ass weather. Wether forced or by choice, thats fucking badass. If its by choice, think about how much discipline/determination that requires.
Withstanding that when the knob to a comfy ass warm shower is right in front of you, with nothing to stop you from turning it but your own will power.

Its like fucking meditation to be able to withstand that by choice. You have to be zen, and in control of yourself.

its a single voice of reason is ignored episode

rapid changes in your temperature will make you sick brah