/PLG/ - Powerlifting General

Welcome to /PLG/ - Powerlifting General. Primarily for discussion related to powerlifting.

Lots of good stuff over at powerliftinggeneral.com. Programming, diets, everything.

>little tomato bridge edition

Post PR's, routines, form checks, meet results, schmexy lifts, etc. No dubs or gets allowed.

Remember, no-one cares about your opinion on what upper body press is best and IPF approved techniques.

Enjoy your stay!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WEQ_-yJrL_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=HYIB14cesJ4&index=6&list=PLN1-Ylk1QPbL_szwroHG4f2KHbov5UApf
youtube.com/channel/UCENyDTpGV9hXAgtj7FW0ZFA
youtube.com/watch?v=sdPLu0Q0NUI
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1496650052014.webm
youtu.be/kiaqk_y3DgY
youtube.com/watch?v=dbb9bXuUZZU
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4997656/
youtu.be/FJxJb-FYcpk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I LOVE MARCEL TUSCHERER AND I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT

Post cute dogs

"Sean as pupper trying to get daddy's attention . webm"

Why is that doggo doing that weird panting at the end

why does he get a bonner?

hes so stressed, its like crying paranoia attack for human

youtube.com/watch?v=WEQ_-yJrL_Y

hes literally sad as fuck

What a pussy. It's just a dead dog, that dog needs to get over it and go lift

>why does he get a bonner?
Same reason islet could get it up for esme.

hey hey hey slow down there buddy no personal roadtrips please

Awful form.
Back slightly flexed. Erectors not engaged and scapulae not retracted prior to the lift. Barbell running way too distant from tibiae.

3/10 wouldn't open this general again

The new king of /PLG/

youtube.com/watch?v=HYIB14cesJ4&index=6&list=PLN1-Ylk1QPbL_szwroHG4f2KHbov5UApf

youtube.com/channel/UCENyDTpGV9hXAgtj7FW0ZFA

>0:50

holy kekeroni

shut up sean clone
kill yourself

the fuck is wrong with this dude

>fails to dl 200kg
>hack squats 200kg

youtube.com/watch?v=sdPLu0Q0NUI

SOME EXPLANATION NEEDED

Are you this bored and insecure that you spend your time finding shit lifts on YouTube

I bet the funniest thing you could find would be your own lifts if you posted them

Nobody likes you

my mom tells me she loves me so i dont know bro

Autist detected

Autist detected

What's this about Marcel and Mike T being the same person? Isn't Marcel way smaller than Mike T?

It's a joke faggot

Why do you even bother replying to retards?

Got cramp in my toes on right foot and i still have 3 sets of deadlifts to do. How can i get rid of those cramps

if I have just reached intermediate levels and am about to start c6w as a not that big DYEL, will I make size gains too in those six weeks? if I do everything right, that is

stretching them out usually works for me

if you eat a lot sure

>if i make size gains
>probably eats 2500 cals a day and dont track protein

sure bruddhha you b huuuge

Pretty sure my quads doubled in size after 1st week and i just finished 135x10 atg squats on week 2 with ease

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1496650052014.webm
I eat a lot. gained 16 kg during my beginner period

i was serious

>i was serious
So were i, altho i squat high bar atg normally i still didnt expect to get near 10 reps

Took my first trip to snap city 4 months ago, slipped disc L5/S1, had an mri and done a bunch of physio, old 5rm on deads was 190kg

Today was my first day squatting or deadlifting since then, can I get a form check?

youtu.be/kiaqk_y3DgY

looks good desu

why not try sumo for reduced back problems for a while

looks like the bar could be closer to your shins from that angle

>tfw never tried high bar

might try them when warming up next time

Thanks man, I probably will once the flexibility gets there
Pretty much my thoughts, it'd normally be closer but I forgot socks

Dont worry i only did low bar once my shoulder was hurting so much i dropped the bar with 40kg. Imo low bar is harder

Any tips on bench technique?

youtube.com/watch?v=dbb9bXuUZZU

>that squat form

could you fucking understand that hes not training legs or abs or whatever and he tries to isolate lower back aka spinal erectors

geesh man

You need a new coach. You have no powerlifting technique at all

>when the fatigue hits you like a truck
Wew lad

how is memeburn going?

>fatigue

on hepburn?

Doing 6x2 and 2x2 on main sets today. Hips and knees haven't been feeling too great since Saturday desu. The pressing is pretty easy, but the squatting and deadlifting is definitely taking its toll. Squats are probably the hardest thing on this program, deads aren't even that bad compared to them.

Yup

6x3*

>Not even 80%x10 followed by 10x3
No wonder youre so weak

I've done c6w twice. Was a really fun program.

>only twice
I bet you also deloaded like a pussy.
t. 3 times c6w without deload

I did, because I was so rekt by the end that handling 55-65% was hard as fuck. How many reps have you gotten on the amraps on week 5?

First cycle 4 on all 2nd cycle 2 on bench 4 on squats 3 on deadlift 3rd 1 on bench grindy 2 on squats and dls. Thats when i decided to deload. Now everything feels so light i inflated my maxes a bit :3

Got 5 on squat and dead my first cycle. Ended up only getting 1 on squat (ended up maxing and adding 10 lbs to my prior e1rm) and I don't even think I got 1 on my deadlift on my second cycle. Will probably run it again in the future, but not for a while.

>can bench almost 2pl8
>looks like a literal dyel

I guess I should probably do ICF then.

Do more front squats.

I've heard that people will cut down 10lbs and bulk back up to try and get the most amount of muscle for their class. How long should it take to lose 10lbs without losing too much strength, and how do they manage to build strength if they're spending months cutting?
I don't know anything since I've been perma-bulk for 2 years.

Like one month

Went for a run with my dad and made a huge distance PR because I lied about how good I was and had to just keep running

Weeeeeeeew that was hard

is adrenal fatigue a meme? I cant seem to get fired up at all lately

I knew someone who suffered from adrenal fatigue and had similar issues, I'd say its very much a real and serious thing.

Personally, perhaps unrelated, I have been mega stalled, and life kept me away from the gym for pretty much 2 weeks.
But as soon as I got back I've added 5kg to my bench in a week and 10kg to my deadlift.

So I guess, rest????

meme. only meme websites talk about it.

Ive cut back squats and replaced them with light front squats this week on some half hearted deload week. and I slept for like 14hours a night the past few days. hopefully I'll be a-okay by next week

its weird tho. I literally never have caffeine and I listen to relaxing music when I lift unless its a squat PR attempt

>lifting seriously for four years
>just this week figure out midfoot balance during squats

At least my bench isn't total trash

In the legs and ass, sure. Do something else for bench. Or at least repeat the top sets several times.

Bench is feeling pretty solid, lads. My skills test is in 4 weeks and I'm hoping for 270-275.

WAWTT?

>I lied about how good I was and had to just keep running

Yooooo

You still on dat Sheiko life? Sumo triples, a bench pyramid, and back/delt bb'ing for me.

>this lad is now a soon to be 3pl8 bencher

fills my GDE heart with hope t b h

>favorite pizza place is closed through the weekend

emotionally devastated lads

I hope you don't get it.

Pic related for squat and bench today. Tomorrow should be fun, hopefully my hips can handle it

Yeah, I've been doing Sheiko with a 4th day added in for upper body accessories.

>soon to be 3pl8
I wouldn't go that far. Maybe in another year or so.

My Christmas wish list
>I wish twink Alex drops 315lbs on his neck
>I wish fat retard herniates ever single disc in his spine
>I wish Isley doesn't kill himself and continues living his shitty life

Considering my deadlift doesn't look like Twink's, it's unlikely that will happen desu :^^^)

Where do you live again? I'll come and break those discs with a crowbar

haha okay raffy

Does my presence make you cower in fear?

(Please imagine I posted a smug pepe frog along with this post)

Why do I get aroused when taking a Norman kahn?

Yo

Doing SS. My Power Clean technique has become wrong and i need to practice it at lower weights to correct it.

Should i change anything up in my workout? I can't do them heavy until i fixed my technique, it might even take more work outs to do. What do i do?

Mark midtwentiestoe says to just do bench instead of power cleans cause girls don't give a shit how much you can clean

You can work on your cleans at a lighter weight and if you feel like that's making your workouts too easy, add in some lightish deadlifts on clean days.

Thanks bro

Sean is feisty today

Adrenal fatigue is a myth.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4997656/

Pozdeev coming back out of retirement lads

I may be a newbie to lifting but isn't this an example of shitty form?

I don't think changing the workouts would be necessary. What is wrong with your power cleans?

how?

Hello! It appears you are new :)
Welcome to our quaint little powerlifting community. We appreciate your question and the general consensus as to your answer is to go fuck yourself.

i hate bench

the hardest lift to master technique wise for me, it is slacking so hard that I am around 40% less proficient at it than lifter of my size, according to symmetric strength

I just can't grasp it for fuck's sake
>wrist pain
>arms shaking like twigs
>elbow pain
>can't even unrack 1pl8 without the bar almost falling on my face
>can't learn how to breathe, how to leg drive

am I just retarded? I don't understand, really, I can lean oly lifts and have good technique, but not bench

I just hate it and because of this I almost never do it

been stuck at the same weight for half a year

who here
>post workout beer

back rounded when weight breaks ground
kek 8/8

Bench more often, do some paused bench and spoto bench. Do a lot more sets. Like a lot more.

>wrist pain
Bulldog grip, wrist wraps, or both

>arms shaking like twigs
Get more stable overall, explained lower

>elbow pain
Make sure your elbows are basically just under the barbell

>can't even unrack 1pl8 without the bar almost falling on my face
Get more stable my dude

>can't learn how to breathe, how to leg drive
Breath like you would on any other lift, big belly breath. For leg drive you want to make sure you're retracting your shoulder blades, arching your back, bringing your feet back toward your head and constantly pushing your traps into the bench the entire time

Thoracic rounding is fine if it doesn't go through any flexion from the start of the pull until lockout.

done it all mate, tried and tried, but just ended up being a retarded again and again

thanks for the advice mate

the thing is i've watched so many videos, read so many articles, and still wasn't able to execute that in practice

I feel like I am just hopeless
and being 6'6'' with long arms ain't really helping me either

>that fucking ROM

First day of nsuns
fucking hard
2mins rest times I wanted to die
so much accessory

>2mins rest times
that's my average rest time.

Arching a lot and bringing your grip out to max (index fingers on the rings) will help a lot. I have a 6' wingspan and I've cut down my ROM quite a bit. At 0:44 is what my bench looks like rn youtu.be/FJxJb-FYcpk . You'll get it eventually man, just gotta keep practicing. I didn't have moderately okay squat form until I was already strength training for like 1.5 years.

mine is like 4mins usually and I also decided to superset sets of 5 BW chins between OHP sets after reading about other who do it, which killed me completely