/fat/ Never gonna make it, edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
Fatty fatty two by fours who can't fit through the kitchen door

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Discord:
discord.gg/nTRvBGe (permanent link, does not expire)

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aZ8IXAEdV78
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>getting to the point now where walking around clothed I feel outta shape but at least like a normal human who can walk around without sweating and fucking with my clothes constantly
>sit at home shirtless and realise I'm still fuckin atrocious

just hurry up reeeeeee

oh man, I'm eating loads of shit just to use this MFP barcode scanner

>just hurry up
What? Weight loss?

>just to use this MFP barcode scanner
WTF?

yeah. I'm not complaining really, it just takes so much patience

Might be a retarded question but I'm confused about something. Do you really need to burn more calories than you eat per day to lose weight?

Post yfw not fat.

confess

Yes but that's including your baseline metabolism/energy expenditure ie what your body uses up just living through the day. You don't have to burn off 1600 through exercise if you've eaten 1500

6'1'
Weight- 205lbs (Down two stone)

post yfw fat

Lads is fat loss just calculate my tree and eat 500 cals less a day whilst encorporating healthy eating and exercise? Or do I need to know my bmr and sit?

Give it to me straight senpai

Today I ate 1180 calories :(
I'm supposed to be eating 400 a day.

>tfw 6'1" and 235 still looking like the drain outside a liposuction clinic

shit man if I look that much better than I do now after another 30lbs I'll be laughing

yes pretty much do all that you stated above.
you can adjust the calorie deficit (500 and above) depending on what TDEE you're starting from.

Nervous about going to the beach house this weekend with the family. So much going out to eat and ice cream. Everyone seems to get so annoyed that I care so much about what I'm eating...

I hear many people say keeping the weight off is hard but what makes it so hard? To people just go back to eating shit and way too much of that shit again? Why after months to years to avoid it?

Just finished 3rd Chipotle burrito in 3 days.

But I have to walk an hour in the Texas heat to get it.

yall yogurt boys? what brands you get?

because they think the "diet" is done when they reach their goal weight, instead of trying to maintain it.

You're making them feel guilty. But their guilt and other feelings are on them, not you.

>doing alright
>brain goes to shit
>get fat drinking
>eventually quit
>lose weight
>repeat

I'm on my fifth time or something.

I used the tdee calculator in the OP which gives me 2900 cals a day...Which seems awfully high as I've eaten at fewer calories for a week or so than that and not lost weight

onken

Chobani. Duh.

People look at dieting as dieting for just until they lose the weight and then go back to eating what they did before. And obviously going back to that amt of cal is gonna get u back to original weight eventually.

dannon light and fit greek
80 cals 15g protien keeps me satisfyed until lunch and cheesecake flavored

fuck them user, they're ganging up on you because you're trying to better yourself? sounds like these faggots are just crabs in a bucket, unwilling to see others succeed if it's not for their personal interest. Disregard anything they say or do, resist temptation. You'll be alright.

Cottage cheese

whatever is the cheapest. Usually like 1-2$ a pound

Had an unscheduled kit kat bar.

youtube.com/watch?v=aZ8IXAEdV78

Back was hurting, was set on wimping out of going to the gym today

Then I saw the twinkie eater, and I got up and went to the fuckign gym

did you count exercise and use an activity level above sedentary?

Always go for 0 exercise, and sedentary couch potato. NEVER COUNT EXERCISE OR ACTIVITY.

:DDDD

Yeah i'm a retard who went from 230ish down to 198 and put on a stone like a retard, feels bad man

have an unscheduled jog to make up for it. or a series of sprints.

My mom brought me a slice of Coconut Cream Pie from Eat N' Park. I ate it after a big bowl of penne ground chicken pasta.

>400 a day
are you 3 feet tall?

Is there any remotely accurate way to gauge how many calories you're burning off during exercise? The values mfp and similar give you seem waaaaay exaggerated, like you can go for a 30 minute walk and that's hundreds burned etc.

My fitness pal says I'm 8 protons off my goal, is this okay? I underate today but there's nothing around to eat.

Yeah that's what I put, I work a desk Job and drive 2 hours a day to/from work so I'm pretty much sedentary outside of my running which is 3 times a week for half an hour.
5"11
220 pounds
30 y/o male

Gave me a tdee of 2900, so I guess I'll eat 2400 cals a day for a week or so and monitor, perhaps cut another 100 or so if no changes?

4,3 female ._.

whats your goal per day? nice digits. Its 1g per lean body weight so you really dont need more than 100g.

I always go over my daily calorie goal, i just go and walk my dog or some shit

>Gave me a tdee of 2900
I calculate 2560. Always do little or no exercise when calculating tdee.

I ate 1000 kcal a day for the last 5 days, today I managed just 500 kcal, and I am not losing weight, it doesn't make sense. Plateauing aside, when I eat 1/3 of my TDEE I should lose something. Does anyone have an explanation? I'm not having memory gaps either that might cover up secret eating, as I simply don't have the food supplies.
>inb4 stop starving yourself

Your a dumb bitch if you are doing 400 calories a day. Your TDEE is closer to 1650.

Water weight maybe?

listen user, I'm going to save you at least a couple weeks of figuring this shit out by yourself and give it to you straight. A man your weight can do fine with 1500 calories a day. That's a 1400 calories deficit, and it'll get you at least down two pounds a week, even more while losing waterweight.
If you wanna ease into it, sure go down progressively with your calorie deficit, but in the end you'll have to increase it as your TDEE will lower as you become leaner.
So better start now and make quick progress of the first fifty pounds. Just my two cents.

Just don't eat

It's never consistent m8, you'll probably find that a load drops at once after seeing nothing. You're asking to burn out doing that btw but whatever, I'm not your mum.

No need to be mean, it's probably a larp anyway

You are doing the fatty gonna fat thing. Undercounting calories and overcounting exercise. Weigh all your food and log religiously with my fitness pal.

After running keto, can i just amp my carb intake to like 100g or will that make me gain weght (not water weight, but actual fat) even if i'm on a deficit? trying to plan my refeed to a normal diet before going home

you'll literally explode

>After running keto, can i just amp my carb intake to like 100g

Ruining? A diet be a diet man. You lose weight. Keto doesn't have a muscle sparring anymore than anyother diet.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

>assumptions
I'm not even counting exercise, I aim for 1800 kcals, MFP recommends 2100.
Here's my listing for today:
3 large eggs (~210 kcal)
2 tbsp of mustard
2 slices of whole grain high-fiber bread (200 kcal)
10g of margarine (35 kcal)
2 cups of vinegar cucumber salad (literally just cucumbers, pepper, salt, water, vinegar, 32 kcal)
2 liters of water

hey anonette, I'm 5'5 and I eat about 800 calories on average daily (goes from 600 to 1000 from day to days). My TDEE is 1544, so
I average a 744 calorie deficit. I don't know what your stats are so I wouldn't be able to tell you what is a reasonable deficit for you, but it for sure doesn't equate to eating only 400 calories a day. You're going to fuck your shit up, metabolism, nervous system, endocrine system just because you want a quick fix to your mistake. Just own up to it and do it the right way.

I only eat once a day though (OMAD+23:1), keeps me disciplined and I feel full and content after my meal, up until the same hour the next day.
As some user said in a precedent thread, I think it's better to eat one big feast a day, like a warrior, than to have three holocaust survival rations throughout the day (+it triggers insulin spikes and thus insulin resistance, diabetes as opposed to fasting). Try it if you're not already doing it.

i'm not talking muscle sparring, i'm simply asking if after losing weight on keto, if i suddenly amp my carbs will i get back not only the water weight, but also a bit of fat even if i'm still on a deficit

basically i want to know if i need a refeed period

If you're undereating by 2000kcal a day in 5 days you could potentially lose 2.87 lbs fat.

You're weight fluctuates on more than just body fat though. So you can gain water weight, or have more pee pee and poo poo, food in your stomach, or cancerous tumor.

Im trying real hard here fit, lost 27kg since feburary.

Still feel like I'm dying though but thats crippling anxiety disorders for you

look user, not the guy you're replying to, but I'm gonna share personal experience.
I did do lowcarb for a while, and when I did my first carb refeed in the process of transitioning to eating a higher dose of carbs, I gained back water weight. I think I gained about 1.5kg in the day after the refeed, and it took me a week to shed it back. Then when I started eating a higher dose of carbs on a daily basis, I suspect I gained a bit more water weight (I was still on deficit, so it couldn't have been fat). Maybe 1.1kg more. I got rid of it in 10 days and went back to losing fat on moderate carb now.

I've been on a 1,500 kcal/day diet for about a month now. Are the mood swings normal?

gj man, keep it up. Bipolarfag here, it's still brutal but at least when I am functioning I get to enjoy not being a big fat fuck on top of everything else.

I went to bill millers with friends but I had their unsweet tea and salad with some chicken wing/breast on top and lowfat ranch

IDK how to input this into mfp.

be strong user, you'll get there eventually.
I'm also suffering from social anxiety, but it's getting better. I'm working on it.

>mfw i've never been fat

>went from 93kg to 80
>start fucking this girl
>keeps telling me to stop losing weight, i wouldn't look good any skinnier
>i'm 80kg at 180cm, it's basically overweight
>somehow buy into her bullshit
>now back at 84kg

FUCK i know i have no one to blame but myself but im pissed

i'm not really worried about the water weight desu, i understand that it's unavoidable since i've fasted before, just wanted to know there would be fat weight if i upped all of a sudden, but it seems there isn't

thanks user

We all get hangry sometimes user. Don't worry about it.

cheers fella

dude, my goal weight is 70kg at 165, i'm cutting to 58kg then lean bulking to it

80kg seems completely okay desu, even desirable if you want muscle

thing is i'm skinnyfat as fuck with literally 0 muscle mass

i was gonna cut down to 70kg and then bulk my way up again, which is gonna take atleast a month longer now

>10g of margarine (35 kcal)
Isn't this 75 kcal?

Please specify which type of diabetes, it shouldn't annoy me but I feel it spreads misinformation that "diabetes" could be avoidable. This is limited to specific types.

Unfortunately for some of us, Type 1 diabetes is unavoidable.

Well...I'm in the opposite situation I guess?

>start losing weight, bf is supportive but very reassuring that he'd love me at -any size-
>make good progress fast because hitting all the right stops for diet, exercise, sleep, fitness in general
>bf notices and comes out to me about his body image issues, and how he wishes to lose weight (around 200lbs for 6'1)
>asks me for help to set him up with a meal plan and exercise regimen
>one night sit through all of it and do the work together
>he gets a membership at the gym
>fast forward two weeks later
>he hasn't been counting calories/macros
>I tell him he's not going to see positive change if he keeps like that, that he's basically wasting all his exercise efforts on poor diet
>don't want to be controlling gf and just say that ultimately he decides what to do and don't want to push him.
>legitimately scared he'll balloon up and have health complications.

I've resorted to waiting till we move in together, and actually cooking him the food he needs so he hits his macros and calorie goals.

rather than getting a kid before you are even pregnant i think you should insist that he becomes independant and take control of his own impulses and health, it gets really tiring when you are caring for a child you never had

everyone can understand I am talking about type 2 here, I specifically said it after mentioning that "the triggering of insulin spikes, [causing] insulin resistance, [causes] diabetes". It was just a logical development in the sentence that would make it clear which type I am talking about.

>spreads misinformation that diabetes could be avoidable
Wrong. I'm doing the exact opposite. Spreading information on the fact that it is avoidable. For type 2 obviously. It's not because you have been doomed with type 1 that you should censor all information on the topic of diabetes just because it triggers you to hear there is hope for other people. Have some human decency.

I just think he could use some help.
He's a great man, I want to be a caring girlfriend.
He fulfills his duties as the man in the relationship, and is dedicated a lot into work.
He's an adult on all fronts, except perhaps his views on nutrition and health.
I think I can at least ease him into it by making him good meals for a couple months, then maybe as he sees the results coming, he'll agree to do it himself. I think I owe him that because he's been there to support me through my weight loss.

I binge-ate, bad. It's been a long time since I last have but I remember why I haven't done it in a long time; I feel like absolute shit and fucked up my deficit to high hell.
Only comfort I've got is that there's always tomorrow.
;-;

just remember you can't look after him when he's not home, i used to cook for my ex, she then would go to work, eat a shitton of snacks and candy and complain that i was the cause she didn't lose weight, but if he's a responsable adult like you say i guess there's no problem

>tfw now considered obese and not morbidly obese

It's an abstract kind of feel

Hey fatties, I didn't think that gains goblins shit was true but holy fuck I've only been lifting/dieting for a month and I think I'm starting to experience it

>friends give me shit about not drinking too much with them
>same friends trying to lose weight
>other friends telling me gym is a waste of money
>im lifting more than those friends now
>family says I should eat more
>they were the ones calling me fat before

Good thing I'm not mentally pathetic but fuck this is annoying

I'm really sorry to hear about the way your ex attributed her lack of success to you, user. it really breaks my heart, I don't know if it's from ignorance or just plain mean spirited intention to deviate guilt.
My boyfriend...well he's a man. so he's reasonable. He doesn't count his calories or macros, but he lets me know when he eats or drinks something, even if it's junk. He holds himself accountable so I think there is leeway to improve his relationship with food.
Thanks for your concern though, I appreciate you looking out for me, after what you experienced.

You'd be surprised at the amount of people that suggest I can reverse my T1. I feel this is down to people generalising it to just "diabetes". I did not say it needed to be censored at all, I'm not sure where you read that in my post. I said that you should specify what type you mean.

Insulin resistance is also an important aspect in type 1, it's not specific to type 2. They are important for different reasons though.

It's okay if you want to get defensive, I understand you feel you know a lot on the subject. I just want you to understand why it's frustrating for T1s.

Don't let them distract you from your goal. You will become mentally stronger as well if you stick to what you want, which will help you physically in the long run. We are gonna make it.

Down to 225 from 255 and just started lifting again. Got so out of shape as an adult after college. I can barely bench 185. I look at my old lifting journal from highschool and weep.

>tfw you could power clean 255 and can't even DL 3 plate now

When can I order my celebration pizza meal

>wanted to fast since I've been stuck at the same weight for the last 5 days
>not making it

I'm fucking hungry bros

fasting for 4 days now brother, still one more to go

this is hell and i want to die

tfw I lost weight, but my tummy looks even bigger, since love handles and back fat are almost completely gone and waist has shrunk.

the leaner you get, the more obvious your stomach fat becomes relative to the rest of your body, since stomach fat goes last.

abs when???

My pants that were very tight on me when I was fat are now sliding off of me. I dont wanna buy new clothes I still have 60 more pounds left

>not fasting every fucking day till you hit sub 7% bf .

>Confirmed for never gonna make it.

Abs start appearing at 8% bf

I just want to eat dinner

lol what

Joined a gym yesterday.

A staff member showed me squats and bench press. They were difficult but I did OK.

He said deadlifts would be too difficult so he showed me barbell rows instead, but I couldn't get the proper form. He recommended machine seated rows instead.

I don't need to progress at a fast pace. Will that help me with form? Before I start increasing weight I want to make sure I'm lifting correctly so I don't fuck anything up.

Well user, I understand there are general misconceptions about type 1 diabetes, especially the shams of reversing it. I'm familiar with it, albeit none too much with the scientific explanations.

I think you should understand where I am coming from too, as an advocate for health too.
I am also sick of hearing the complacent masses of overweight and obese people talk about diabetes as if it could never be prevented or treated with the simplest change of lifestyle.

So of course, I'll take you up on your words and try and make a clarification too when you say that I am "spreading misinformation that diabetes could be avoidable".
Why don't you specify which type, yourself? Because type 2 is avoidable. So enough with double standards.
I'd rather educate people here on the fact that there is hope and potential for reversal, than to concede into the general pseudoscience atmosphere of fat acceptance, and the normalization of the various diseases and conditions associated with it.
I hope you see the other side of this coin.
It's only a question of principle if people like me come up on the defense when someone tries to justify their environmental disease on genetics, because it's an enabler mentality that is harmful to our society. So I feel like I should always step up to the challenge if someone discredits a scientific piece of evidence regarding health.
But this is a dialogue of deaf people: clearly you wanted to make a point about your experience with T1, whereas I was more interested in signaling the dangers of T2 complacence.

are you me? My gf does that shit all the time. I'm convinced she just wants me to stay fat so she doesn't have to take care of herself