5 months of training and theres no visible difference to my body...

5 months of training and theres no visible difference to my body, im definitely much stronger but my body has stayed the same weight and stayed mostly the same. What the hell am I doing wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calorie
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Also, I've been dieting since early may. Started at 205-210 now 200.

Stronglifts 5x5

>Also, I've been dieting since early may

Diet better, abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym

Lost a tiny bit of fat, gained a tiny bit of muscle.

If you want to see a visible difference, work harder on your diet (eat less).

3 months are not enough. Keep doing what you're doing and you'll see changes soon.

Have you gotten stronger? If no, you're retarded. If yes, why do you care what you look like?

Because I want to look good to help my own self-esteem

You're still eating too much.

TDEE estimators provide an ESTIMATE and should be treated as such. No more. If it says you should eat 2000 per day and after 2 weeks you find out you're not losing weight, lower it to 1900. If you're still not losing, lower it again

Also are you counting or just winging your intake? .

Im counting, guess I have to put it even lower

Can you post a screenshot of a typical day?

Breakfast
180g boneless skinlees chicken breast
250g mixed veggies

Pre-Workout
65g Protein Powder
60g Oats

Dinner
See breakfast

cravings
20g peanut butter
1 Banana

Rarely have the banana

The fuck is a g? Nigga post calories. Also what you puting in your veggies, chicken and oats? How are you taking your brotien powder?

You must be malnourished as shit senpai

Micronutrients matter too

Grams you fucking idiot. Hope that was bait

What am I missing? Sometimes the mixed veggies is Broccoli Normandy.

you eat at the wrong times.
it's not about what you eat.
It's about when you eat

DO FASTING

you guys see any changes in me? Its been 4 months and it seems like Ive only gotten fatter from eating at a surplus. Honestly just depressed as fuck.

>Also what you puting in your veggies
Mrs Dash or Balsamic vinegar, just as something on the side of the chicken.

>How are you taking your protein
in 20 ounces of water

How many are gonna fall for the stronglift SS meme. It builds strength it gives no fuck about looks. And it takes years. And it assumes YOU ARE A SKINNY FUCK.

Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut or just do roids

Lol talking shit that diet gets your all the nutrients you need for health

why are you eating at a surplus?

As a total noob you can still put on muscle while cutting

Looking at your arms, you made little progress there - did you forget to go to the gym as well?

I do dumbbell and calisthenics during the week and go to the gym Saturday and Sunday. I would focus on getting skinny first but I have terrible gyno from childhood obesity. Id wanna get a bulkier (muscular) body to balance it out until I could afford surgery.

EVERYBODY GET UP IT'S TIME TO SLAM NOW

I entered all of that in my calorie counter and the total of what you listed is 1133kcal. Unless you're a severe manlet, with this diet with a physique as in OP you should lose 2-3 pounds a week. Even if you are you should still lose 1-2. Clearly you're doing something wrong.

Do you prepare the chicken in butter or oil? Count it.
Do you not have lunch?
Do you eat the PB straight out of the jar without toast or anything?
Do you weigh the jar before and after? 20g is a really really small spoon of PB. Like a teaspoon.
Do you ever drink anything else than water, black coffee or tea?
How often do you have a cheat day, go to a bar or eat out? This is okay to do but count it keep track of your weekly average.
Do you use any seasoning/condiments with the chicken or veggies?
Do you even have a scale and have MFP installed?

It is impossible for you to actually eat this consistently and not lose weight.

Also pic related are the micros/macros. You need some fats or carbs my nigga.

In what world is 180g of chicken 196 calories? Its 297.

This is the value of 180g of boneless, skinless, unprepared chicken breast.

It's 100% a diet problem.

So you took a shit?

Then go to the gym at least every other day and break some sweat

it may not be gyno because you're pretty fat

here's what you do:

1. go to the fucking gym 4+ days a week
2. eat at a 500 cal deficit

in 2 months I guarantee you will see results

just do a bunch of cardio to cut

Its around 10m/s^2

difference visible?

Yes mate, very, keep it up

What are your lifts at? Genuinely curious

> boneless skinlees chicken breast

you know you could have just written "chicken" right?

chicken thighs, for example, has many more calories than breast.
breast is the leanest part of the chicken, it's worth differentiating.

More detail needed. I'm betting you aren't counting a shit load of 'peripheral' calories. You didn't eat a scoop and oats dry.
I'll be home in 30. I'll post a cap of what I ate yesterday when I get in.
Post your stats if you haven't already. Age. Height. Weight. Lifestyle (what do you do for work?)

As promised
>be me
>38 yo
>5'10
>starting weight 190 lbs
>current weight 179 lbs
>target weight 170 lbs
>target BF is 10%

I started cutting at 190lbs. I started my cut 4 weeks ago (beach hol next month).
Note, I have the serving sizes and equivalent macros stored on another tab in my meal plan spreadsheet: Point of this is to illustrate that there are a lot of extra calories in my meals that many faggots don't include when calculating their calorific intake and macros. I know a lot of faggots who take fish oil and don't include the macros, for example (and ask surprized, "there's fat in fish oil, user?").
Remember, a 500 kcal deficit is equal to losing a lb of fat per week. You should be aiming for 2-3 lb and no more
>muscle saving
>no loose skin
>sustainable
so you need to do enough exercise to burn through another 3500-7000 kcal, or 500-1000 kcal per day. You won't get that on SS alone.
SS is not designed for cutting. I don't care what any faggot here says. I'm not saying "stop", but if you only do that you're going to have shitty progress on your cut and eventual stalls on SS.
My advice is to start incorporating cardio on off days. If you want to save your legs, swim or (my personal go to) row. Once you get down to 12-15% BF, start bulking - then you'll see real sustained progress on SS.
Will now prepare for inevitable influx of faggots shitting on me for e.g.
>not hitting my macros yesterday
>using butter in my eggs (they taste like shit if not faggots)
>forgetting to add 2 tsp of curry powder to my mango curry
>no sips (fuck that cancer)
>not eating 6 meals (read the fucking sticky!)

Final thought. I see faggots arguing over kcal content of certain foods.
>always check label if possible - don't just rely on websites
>create a meal plan, or at least a recipe book of different meals you can choose from
>make a spreadsheet index of all the ingredients you use, with kcal content of typical measures you use

5-10 lbs in 2 months is on the lower side of average. 1-2 lbs/week is a healthy speed if you're trying to preserve muscle.

There's not going to be a huge visible difference in 5 lbs lost when you're over 200.

As for your musculature, you said you're doing SL. SL, unlike SS, has you start with the bar, which may be too little resistance for somebody your weight. Heavy people can usually lift more than little guys. This is the main criticism of SL and why people prefer SS, since you decide a starting weight based on your strength, instead of an empty bar no matter what. SL wastes a lot of time making you "progress" through weights that your body is already adapted to lifting.

You very well could be wasting your time by lifting weights that don't expose your body to adequate stress. Muscle growth is your body's way of adapting to the stress of lifting. Progressive overload is how we introduce an increasing amount of stress to the body to force that adaptation. If you aren't stressing your body, it won't adapt, and thus you won't grow.

Finally, you're lifting on a cut. You're unlikely to gain much muscle while eating at a deficit. You can make strength gains, though.

Keep getting stronger, and when you hit your bodyweight goal, starting eating. I'd recommend switching to SS, but that's me.

SS takes 4-6 months, not years.

Bullshit

OP DON'T LOWER IT, EAT AT TDEE AND LIFT HEAVY

SL says to re evaluate after 10 weeks lol. Not years

Who's Morgan?? I feel like reading that gave me a stroke

Bahaha. Counting calories and forcing yourself to not enjoy food when you want it.

Your stomach is a bit smaller, and your muscles are starting to show. Keep it up!

Morgen means tomorrow since I didn't want to mess up today's count.
That's nice sweetie

>Being this fat

Post a body pic so that we can fat shame you to the edge of suicide.

After seeing this, I'm so glad I started at auschwitz and not fattty.

His gut looks bigger imo. And I see absolutely no muscle growth. Stop babying this fatass, parting his head and saying good boy won't fix the obvious failure hes experiencing.
>and fit whined about Tumblr babying their fatties
Maybe youd fit in better over there. OP is clearly not doing anything right and needs to change if he wants to see a difference

You don't have gun you moron, you're just a fatass. Keep making excuses for yourself and you'll never improve

Shut the fuck up retard

At a 500kcal deficit, I guarantee results in one month. Provided he sticks with it.

>500kcal deficit
why do people not understand that the k means kilo? 500000 calorie deficit?

You are a retarded person. The guy's stomach and chest are clearly smaller. I will agree that there's no muscle growth, though.

Have you even ran at all? I mean like, actually ran more than 3 miles? A lot of my friends who lost 50-60 lbs did it by just running

because a food calorie is a kilocalorie you inbred fuckwit, there's a difference between a calorie and a Calorie

How fucking wrong could you actually be

oh god.

Dafuq. I got more gainz in 2 months. Looked about same as OP. Eat less junk shit, cut refined sugars completely. Shit will fuck your gains up six ways to Sunday, and then twice on Monday.

Youre just lying to yourself and now us. Be honest and come back if you have problems. 100% youre not doing what youre telling us

yes

>Gets "much stronger"
>Does "Strong" lifts
>Complains

youre a low test genetic beta

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calorie

You must be new to Veeky Forums
And nutrition

>works out for 5 months expects huge visible gains
okay den

I thought the first few months of training is when you see the most results? I'm in 6 month of training and I look different.

You see the most results strength wise, as in, your lifts go up with barely any plateaus.

You legit must eat like shit and not push yourself during your workouts. Eat whole foods, drink lots of water, and make sure to get a sweat on during your workouts. That progress is really bad for 5 months.

Fast for two weeks, keep exercising
Only water and vitamins

Jesus fuck, I am truly blessed with god tier genetics I guess.
5 months and no gains at all? In five months I had people accusing me of roids because of "how fast" I was getting muscly.

That first picture was taken when I was 6ft 148 ibs. I should of looked like a skeleton but I still had a ball of fat behind my breast and a skinny fat pregnant belly. I know you guys are trying to help and are more experienced then me but I don't know if that's the best root for me.