Is there a single reason NOT to do Stronglifts? Fullbody routine as a beginner/novice (i.e...

Is there a single reason NOT to do Stronglifts? Fullbody routine as a beginner/novice (i.e.

if you eat right only reason not to do exact sl is to do icf 5x5 which give you more upperbody hypertrophy gains which is what you want

You do both man.
Lifting heavy is fun, it's a challenge and it's raw power.
But reps is where you make your money.

Just do both. I do both, I look strong and defined. 100% natty

That guy went from a cute rubbable tummy to too much muscle.

Bleh.

The sooner you get into submaximal training the better

wtf

wtf

Man you need some sleep, get of the Internet

Looks like he went from sad cunt to sick kunt to me.

neck yourself unironically

The people that would actually benefit from this (beginners and intermediates) don't want to hear it. Everybody wants to lift lmao1/2/3/4pl8 in their first year and end up without a real base. Then they don't want to take a step back so they just keep adding weight on a subpar program and quit because they get hurt and stop progressing.

>workout A: deadlift, overhead press
>workout B: squat, pullup
>workout C: bench press, bent row

Do this 5x5 every other day and you got yourself a much better program than SL with the same minimalist bullshit that makes SL appealing to beginners/autists

Yeah that's exactly what I did when I got into lifting when I was younger. Ended up frustrated and burning out. Going to be smarter this time.

>program made by jason blohahahaha
>program made by some obese american
>program made by some sandnigging belgian

Just follow PhD Layne Norton PHAT

Tbh this. I'm doing stronglifts right now but I made the mistake of chasing the constant +5 progression every single workout session. My knee wobbled badly on my last squat lift and now I gotta rest it for a week

Jesus christ, the look on his face. I don't think I've seen anyone more ready to die than this guy.

Tumblr pls go

>training at this low level of frequency as a natural and novice lifter

>training with that high level of volume as a natural and novice lifter

What are we supposed to do then?

Low volume, higher frequency
(PPLxPPLx / ULxULxULx / PPLxULx ....etc.)

>get Veeky Forums
>still a hollow husk of a man without a light in his eye

How do we help this poor man Veeky Forums?

you may even learn some really good moves

wtf!??

How much volume? Your post only talks about frequency.

Why isnt high volume good?

wtf

Something about your face displeases me.

Here's an example upper / lower split

U:
(5x5-10) Primary Pushing Movement (OHP / BP)
(5x5-10) Primary Pulling Movement (Chin-ups, Rowing variations)
(3x10-15) Accessory Pushing / Pulling Movement (alternating) (DB Presses, Machine/Cable Rows and Pulldowns)
(2x15) Lateral Raise variations / Face Pulls
(2x10-15) Direct Biceps work
(2x10-15) Direct Triceps work

L:
(5x5) Back Squat / (1x5) (3x3) Deadlift (alternating)
(3x10) Front Squat / DB RDL (alternating)
(3x10) Barbell Lunges
(3x15-20) Calf Raise variations

Inability to recover properly as a natural trainee

That's me
Im doing Veeky Forums GSLP for a few months, wondering if i should switch routine because i'm stalling HARD on OHP

Height? BW? how much is your max OHP for a double, 5 reps, and 10 reps?

6'3/192cm
bw is 213lbs/97kg

OHP : 42.5kg / 94lbs for 6 reps
bench : 62.5kg /138lbs for 6 reps
Squat and deadlift are weak as fuck

Deload, maybe try 5/3/1 for a bit. It's the only way to build strength Imo.

One look at those shoulders and chest should be enough. I doubt he's got any triceps either.

You need to probably focus on higher rep work and also adjust your diet

What routine do I start a beginner on (inb4 SS/GOMAD)? I'm just startling an UL from PPL, would PPL work for a newbie if I spend a few weeks training him in form, technique and etiquette first?

wtf

I'm having a similar problem. Trying to do 5 lb progression every workout is leading very quickly to me just not being able to pick up the bar. I feel like I'm not actually getting any stronger and should probably slow down?

t. r/askwomen

wtf

For anyone seriously interested in making gains for years to come, look up reactive training and RPE.
Just stalling and deloading continuously is stupid. You shouldn't ever fail reps in training unless you want to get better at failing.

not eating enough

?

What was the point of all his work to end up still looking like your average pothead?

>yes good goy, keep eating and buy protein supplements and a gallon of milk a day! yes you will get fatter and injure yourself but don't you want to be a powerlifter :)??!

>doing stronglifts for 2 (two) years

>eat until you weigh 220lbs so you can reach 1/2/3/4 in 6 months
>still novice bench on symmetric strength and under 2xbw deadlift

This meme needs to die.

I used to think like this. It got me mediocre gains and a gut.
Smart programming beats just eating a lot and lifting without a plan.

This is so fucking stupid. Shit programming and weight gain result in the same shitty lifts but now they're proportional to your new bodyweight. A 2pl8 bench at 250lbs bodyweight is as impressive as a 1pl8 bench at 130lbs. Neither is intermediate.

>gain a lot of weight
>continue lifting your max
>now you can lift double what you could before
>cut back down to near your previous weight
>you can still lift double

That's not even remotely how it works in practice unless you cut slowly, which defeats the purpose of bulking and cutting because if you maintained and lifted you would have slowly and steadily progressed to that point in about the same time.

>you would have slowly and steadily
but newbies don't want to increase their strength slow as fuck
they want to increase their strength fast

wtf

What newbies "want" is of zero relevance to training. Post quality information for those who want to train seriously and learn about programming and let the "one simple trick got me JACKED in 6 weeks" faggots crash, burn and fail. Sustainable programming with consistent progression is the single most important thing when it comes to making serious gains, beyond just reaching intermediate.

Link me to what I should be doing instead please.

Provide your goals, lift numbers, perceived weakpoints, body weight and estimated bf%.

If you're a complete beginner don't bother, I'm just going to tell you to do ivysaur's 4-4-8 program or candito's beginner program and adjust your calories so that you move slowly in the direction of your goal weight.

>I'm just going to tell you to do ivysaur's 4-4-8 program or candito's beginner program and adjust your calories so that you move slowly in the direction of your goal weight.
Great, thanks
I'll check those out

someone please post that comic about the guy who gets fit but just wants to be a neet again

Make sure you read the whole pdf if you pick candito. Don't be afraid to spend 2 hours learning something when you're going to spend 6-8 hours a week for the next 3-6 months doing the program. Plus it outlines goals and accessory programming which are things you need to learn sooner rather than later.

I will thanks
I have to spend more time on my flexibility before I can really start with these anyway.
I still can't hold the barbell on my back for squats

wtf

Getting the bar in a comfortable position for lowbar squatting with baby weight when not warmed up is virtually impossible even after you're comfortable with lowbar squatting. At least that's the case for me, the first set is always uncomfortable and my shoulders cramp up. I don't actually know of any good resources for bar placement but for foot placement and toe angle greg nuckols wrote an excellent article on schwarzenegger.com. Sheiko has good tutorials for bench setup, bar path and arch which you should also check out. By all means remember to start training before you worry about form nuances because you have no idea yet what you have to fix and what comes naturally.

Also ivysaur has taken the time to write a nice 6 or so cited paragraphs about the reasoning behind his program which you should also read.

>remember to start training before you worry about form nuances because you have no idea yet what you have to fix and what comes naturally.
seems like pretty solid advice
thanks friend, I'mma read up on all of this

I dont nkow if it will help you but it did help me with ohp, other than doing it more and more accessories
>before starting squeeze your glutes and abs, get a strong core, squeeze your grip on the bar super hard and flex your lats

>cut back down to near your previous weight
>you now can lift a bit more than you did, just due to having trained

IT IS good. FFS high volume is what will make you grow, thus transferring into strength gains if that's your thing. If you feel like it's too much you take a deload and go back at it, but fuck this overtraining bullshit

> aw hell naw high volume is bad for you
> here's a high volume routine you can follow
Neck yourself nigger

>icf
>high volume
>here's my retarded interpretation of low volume
>5x10 as main lift rep/set scheme
>no periodisation
Do not listen to this retard.

Using the word 'tummy' unironically

wtf