Alright fellas lets talk about cancer, what actually causes it and how to prevent it...

Alright fellas lets talk about cancer, what actually causes it and how to prevent it. Stefen karl stefanson dying in few days got me thinking, how is it possible that people who keep themselves in top condition, do sports, drink and eat healthy food often get heart diseases and cancer while people that do nothing all day and eat junk food live well into their 70´s without problems? Is it really all just conicidence or am I missing something?

Other urls found in this thread:

diagnosisdiet.com/meat-and-cancer/
chriskresser.com/red-meat-cancer-again-will-it-ever-stop/
mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/meat-cancer-bacon-who-report-mens-fitness-health
rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
deniseminger.com/2010/08/06/final-china-study-response-html/
deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/
foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
deniseminger.com/the-china-study/
westonaprice.org/our-blogs/the-curious-case-of-campbells-rats-does-protein-deficiency-prevent-cancer/
westonaprice.org/our-blogs/taking-a-trip-down-memory-lane-fishing-for-our-good-friend-glutathione-in-the-waters-of-the-memory-hole-how-t-colin-campbell-helped-prove-that-protein-protects-us
reddit.com/r/keto/comments/1zjlm/scienceanimal_protein_rich_diets_could_be_harmful/cfupxyt/?st=j403pmhn&sh=b3278c44
caloriesproper.com/red-meat-wont-kill-you-it-will-make-you-stronger/
saragottfriedmd.com/does-meat-cause-cancer-revisiting-the-meat-igf-1-and-cancer-connection/
sciencemediacentre.co.nz/2014/03/05/dietary-protein-health-and-mortality-experts-respond/
suppversity.blogspot.com/search?q=eggs
suppversity.blogspot.com/2014/01/true-or-false-dairy-is-toxic-hormone.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it's literally random, everything, and the sooner you come to terms with that, the sooner your anxieties will subside

luck

Im not anxious, everything comes down to what you believe is after death, anyway isnt it unfair? You take care of yourself your entire life and then cancer gets you anyway in you early 30´s. Was it like this in the past but wasnt documentated?

genetics

While it is primarily random, you can take steps to reduce the risk of getting cancer. Smoking, sweeteners etc. all have been proven to increase the risk, but even some smokers live waaaay beyond the average age and just die of old age rather than cancer.

Animal products, city pollutants, most drugs, chemicals in soap/toothpaste/shampoo and detergent. That's basically it.

Most smokers die of a smoking related disease, pneumonia, stroke, hearth attack etc. While these are not smoker exclusive causes of death it certainly occurs way more often in smokers.

there is no such thing as fair and unfair, buddy. entropy always wins. you will die of cancer, stroke or some cunt hitting you with his car.

you are predisposed to countless maladies, as your ancestors were before you. cancer is random mutation, which occurs as a byproduct of the infinitely complicated and superfluous physical machine that is our universe. if you lived indefinitely, you would still get cancer. get over it, enjoy lifting while you can. the only thing you can really prevent at this point is dumb shit like diabetes.

>HE FELL FOR THE "YOU CAN'T PREVENT CANCER MEME"

this thread gave me cancer

really makes you think that a vegan diet might be just superior if you look at how much vegans die of cancer and compare that to normal people.

Also broccoli sprouts are proabaly the best food if it comes to preventing cancer. They are incredible and cheap as fuck.

they fucking stink though.

also vegan is retarded. chips and cola are vegan but i don't suggest eating those.
what you mean is a whole food plant based diet.

What is it with vegans overrunning this board lately

Nobody gives a fuck if you're vegan but holy shit stop talking about it so much. You're starting to make me hate vegans.

they do? never tried but I planned to. Just a handful is like eating 10 broccoli

yeah sorry. I'm just starting to transition into a vegan diet, mostly eating starch.

yeah tried to make some like 2 days ago, i almost puked. might have fucked something up though. i rinsed them only twice a day and its hot as fuck. think they might have caught mold or something. threw them in the trash

beans and rice is the way to go. cheap as fuck. lots of protein (complete when combined). easy to make tons of

>Animal products
Except they don't and that's a bunch of bad dietary science
>diagnosisdiet.com/meat-and-cancer/
>chriskresser.com/red-meat-cancer-again-will-it-ever-stop/
>mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/meat-cancer-bacon-who-report-mens-fitness-health
>rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
>deniseminger.com/2010/08/06/final-china-study-response-html/
>deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
>deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/ >foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
>deniseminger.com/the-china-study/
>westonaprice.org/our-blogs/the-curious-case-of-campbells-rats-does-protein-deficiency-prevent-cancer/
>westonaprice.org/our-blogs/taking-a-trip-down-memory-lane-fishing-for-our-good-friend-glutathione-in-the-waters-of-the-memory-hole-how-t-colin-campbell-helped-prove-that-protein-protects-us
>reddit.com/r/keto/comments/1zjlm/scienceanimal_protein_rich_diets_could_be_harmful/cfupxyt/?st=j403pmhn&sh=b3278c44
>caloriesproper.com/red-meat-wont-kill-you-it-will-make-you-stronger/
>saragottfriedmd.com/does-meat-cause-cancer-revisiting-the-meat-igf-1-and-cancer-connection/
>sciencemediacentre.co.nz/2014/03/05/dietary-protein-health-and-mortality-experts-respond/
>(cont.)

>(cont.)
>suppversity.blogspot.com/search?q=eggs
suppversity.blogspot.com/2014/01/true-or-false-dairy-is-toxic-hormone.html
Also highly doubt the"milk=prostate cancer" entirely especially when in the article it says:
>Estrone and prostate cancer risk in men: As far as the estrone levels Maruyama et al. measured in their 2010 study are concerned it is very difficult to tell, whether or not the 26% increase in E2 levels is or isn't a problem.
>The estrone values in the Maruyama study are unrealistic. With a normal range of difficult to tell
>unrealistic
and
>What remains to be seen, though, is whether future epidemiological evidence will support or refute the currently heralded hypothesis that dairy consumption increases prostate cancer risk and whether we will be able to identify more feasible explanations for this relations than those that are implicated by the results Maruyama et al. present in their 2010 study.
That's a meme too outside of comparing evegan diets to to people who eat the SAD or SAD like diets/don't watch what they eat and sit on their ass all day

waiting for you to link me a diet that can reverse circulatory problems like the ornish diet does

Because the world is bullshit amd there is no god

I don't know man. I used to eat the normal Veeky Forums diet with chicken and salmon and a little bit tuna here and there but then I switched and started eating lentils and beans and pretty much everything got better. I used to have belly problems pretty much every week and my shit was horrible. I had to press heavy to take a shit. My skin also got A LOT better.

Fit, healthy people are naturally drawn to Veeky Forums. What a fucking surprise.

I don't care that people want to be healthy or eat a different diet than me, half of my friends are vegan and it's fine. I've eaten vegan meals with them and enjoyed them quite a bit. But none of them talk about being vegan as much as vegans on this board seem to.

Also I like how your argument implies that only vegans can be fit and healthy, which is incorrect. You guys make it sound like ever eating meat will automatically give you cancer.

>caloriesproper.com/red-meat-wont-kill-you-it-will-make-you-stronger/

First one I clicked on and the first study it cites doesn't even mention what their baseline cholesterol levels were at the start. So if they were at 200+ which is pretty typical on a SAD and saw no change then that's not really a surprise. If they were sub 70LDL (zero risk of atherosclerosis ) and saw no change then that would be pretty incredible.

Later on, the third study down shows baseline cholesterol of 250, and LDLs of 150+. That's pretty fucking high, so of course changing the type of meat isn't going to do anything (chicken and red meat have essentially the same cholesterol levels).

I eat meat.

yeah but you do realise that you don't have to answer a vegan related comment nor have you to post onto a vegan thread.

Being vegan is probably the reason why a lot of people are actually here.

Don't you realise how often people talk about how cool and fun meat eating is? Why are vegans not allowed to do the same? Grow up

>yeah but you do realise that you don't have to answer a vegan related comment nor have you to post onto a vegan thread.
You'd be right if it weren't for the fact that I see threads like this every single day, a lot of times multiple threads like this. Also vegans tend to leak into other threads and bring it up which completely derails the thread.

>Being vegan is probably the reason why a lot of people are actually here.
Except this is a fitness board, not a vegan thread. If you really wanted to talk about diet and food related stuff that much, we have a board for that

>Don't you realise how often people talk about how cool and fun meat eating is?
No, normal people don't sit around and talk about how great and healthy they are for eating chicken. Yes it comes up because it's a good source of protein for those of us that eat meat, but we don't make entire threads about how awesome chicken is.

>Why are vegans not allowed to do the same?
Because you're always very fucking annoying and pushy about it, not to mention how you all seem to get a smug sense of superiority over the whole thing "Look at these savage meat eaters, and look at us intellectual vegans HYUK HYUK HYUK."

waiting for you to use your brain, do your homework and to quit shitposting bullshit about meme diets
I'm not specifically talking about you and that's not what I was arguing. The meat causing cancer bullshit was the issue; and the WHO, ADA/so called "authorities" and organizations pushing have done their science wrong

im willing to become vegan, its just that I've heard beans are bad too!!!

it seems nothing but a completely vegetable diet supplemented with vegan protein powder is somehow bad for you in some small way at least.

Is the ultimate diet simply vegetables?? and adding vegan protein powder for athletes? my god... seems so boring. i fucking love food of all kinds including meat, but maybe i should really limit it. I can't justify buying meat with all the cruelty at factory farms, etc.

ive been forcing myself to eat the typical bodybuilder diet with at least 1lb of meat a day, 5-6 eggs, etc. and its tiresome as hell getting calories in eating like that, imagine removing that shit?

maybe its just time to accept i cant be jacked and tan anymore and to lower my standards

i see fuccbois with that attitude day in, day out in my clinic, and they are always the most emotionally fragile. one day your body will shit the proverbial bed, and you'll wish you had better prepared yourself for it.

and i see doctors who refuse to help patients optimize their health because they work day in and day out with sick people

if u dont think doing everything within ur power to make informed choices about your health is smart, u r dumb

also i should add a doctor told me taking a drug that lowers risk for prostate cancer in a family with history of prostate cancer was pointless because, i quote

"we all will get cancer anyways"

OP, Top performance athletes may not be considered healthy individuals by many standards as it makes their bodies go the extremes of its capacity and keep at it for extended time period. Having that said, it all comes down to genetics.

All you can do is lower your chances. Stop smoking, artificial sweeteners, going out in the sun for long periods of time without sun block (white ppl/people who actually go outside), etc. Working out, especially cardio, and being at a normal weight also helps.

But it's really just a shitty random thing. Ben Curtis from School of Seven bells, a really good dream pop/alternative band, died at fucking 35 from lymphoma. Beginning of 2013 he was diagnosed and was dead in December.

There are more developing treatments which gives us hope.

I get this sharp pain in the back of my head every couple months. It lasts for like 10 seconds. Am I dying?

>I'm just starting to transition
We know

just stay away from ingredients well known to have a causal link to cancer

sodium nitrate
carrageen (sp?)
sodium benzoate
parabens

there are just the ones off the top of my head

i'm not saying anything against medicine, i'm merely speaking for the inevitability of illness. i'm well acquainted with the concept of quality of life, and i promote it on the regular. user was curious about "what actually causes cancer" and why even healthy people get cancer, and it's because nothing in the entire universe gives a shit about your health. docs have a nihilistic view on this sort of stuff because it is facts that cancer is often simply random.

>how is it possible that people who keep themselves in top condition, do sports, drink and eat healthy food often get heart diseases and cancer while people that do nothing all day and eat junk food live well into their 70´s without problems?

Life is more than just surviving, the quality of life of a sick obese man who dies at 70 and a fit healthy man who dies at 70 can't even compare.

>>it's literally random

It's not. It's just extremely extremely prevalent. IT even existed in Ancient Egypt.

This shit has been around for millenia and that scares me the most.

Nobody is shoving it down your throat.
You need to calm down and do some research with an open mind before embarrassing yourself like this again

Vegan is not retarded. There are perfectly valid moral reasons to be vegan that have nothing to do with your personal health.

Genetics + Environmental factors + Diet choices + Overall Fitness + things like smoking and drinking

The thing is, Genetics (along with environmental factors EPIGENETICS) dictates how the other factors can increase your chances of getting cancer

Fuck off and die vegan shit. Almost worse than niggers and jews.

was it ever as common as it is now though?

"moral" reasons are not real reasons.
Grow the fuck up.