Advice over gym anxiety

Been trying on and off for a year to get swole. Joined a gym and everything, but I always get really insecure when I get to the gym. Probably put in like two weeks over the course of the last year. Feel like all the fit people are staring at me and it demotivates me. Is this common?

Also, I've realized that I'm "skinny-fat" and there isn't really a whole lot of tips online for guys are who aren't super skinny or super fat. I really don't know what program I should follow.

Pic is me. Don't be too harsh.

Other urls found in this thread:

hackyour.fitness/skinny-fat-everything-need-know/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Most people don't give a shit about anyone else there
Just do your own thing and ignore others
Go late at night if you're autismo

What? Dude i see obese people at the gym. You're just over weight.

Get in the gym pussy. Fuck you cunt

Nobody is looking at you because there is nothing to mire. You're not big enough to see

1) Most people look worse than you
2) Everyone there are worried and thinking the same thing
3) Leaving your comfort-zone is what creates a successful version of you
4) 126 SCOOPS AN HOUR MOTHERFUCKER LETS FUCKING MAKE SOME GAINS!!!

You just look like a normal guy from the pic go early morning or late at night if you are bothered.i used to do that because i hated queueing for the machines when it was busy.theres always people less fit than you anyway so just go for it fuck everyone else.

>trying to get swole for a year now

The only times normal people look at others in the gym is
>"Oh wow he is really strong"
Or
>"he's overweight and he's trying to improve himself. Good for him"

I've heard that going late is less busy so that might work.

Honestly this sounds cruel but it's very motivating. Thank you.

My fear isn't admiration. My fear is people noticing how out of shape I am.

Thank you. Very encouraging post.

I'll definitely try doing that. Thanks.

Like I said, I've maybe done two weeks total over the last year. I'll go in like once a month and then that'll remind me why I don't go.

I probably just have things screwed up. I'm a very anxious person in general.

You're not skinny fat, you're just fat. And back on topic, genuinely no one gives a shit because we all know you have to start somewhere. The only anxiety I feel in the gym is going up to people and asking them to spot me.

So should I be following a program for fatter guys?

here's a little secret. The strongest person in the gym isn't the humongous dude walking around in a stringer top (they're often some of the most insecure, desu). It's the obese person just trying to look normal again, who goes in knowing that each time, they're being judged and looked down on.

We have all been there, bro. Just don't give up. It's a hard grind, but soon you are the dude everyone mires.

Just follow a normal program at caloric maintenance/deficit.

follow a beginner program that focuses on barbells and heavy compounds first. Add in accessory exercises as necessary if you notice lagging muscle groups (eg traps, abs, serratus). But the single most important thing is that you nail down your diet and eat at a deficit for an extended period of time. We're talking 12 weeks or more. So figure out your maintenance calories and eat 500 below that.

You don't even look that bad. You're what "overweight" should be. You're like the golden standard of what "oh I've gained a few pounds and need to hit the gym" should be. You're not disgusting but you're definitely not ideal. No need to feel embarrassed though.

This. There's this fat asian woman that comes in my gym amongst all the big guys and I have more respect for her than anyone else.

That's why you go to the gym, to get in shape, only cunts have a laugh at fat/unfit/boney people at the gym, and they shut up the 2nd or third time they see you there.

Go there. Get laughed at and humiliated. Get motivation. Get ripped. When you look like Adonis look at the people who laughed at you. Watch their admiration and/or envy. Experience the most rewarding feeling in human existence.

Of course, no one is actually going to laugh at you anyway because nobody cares, so just go fatty

Feel anxiety, lift anyway

That's being strong.

Why don't you do a cardio program? No one gives a fuck about people on the treadmills, bikes, and pool unless they are super morbidly obese. Seriously, no one will look at you and you really can't do any of those "wrong".

You can start with the couch to 5k program pictured here.

My intentions were to increase my physical appearance. I know a lot of people do it for the health benefits, but I wasn't going in with that in mind. If I stick to cardio, will I gain muscle quickly?

You'll gain basically zero muscle. Solely fat loss. I'd recommend both cardio and lifting with a high protein diet.

Build a base. All you need to do is cardio 3 times a week and lift everyday possible.

hackyour.fitness/skinny-fat-everything-need-know/

fix your diet

Just be yourself bro haha

It's common to think people are staring at you.

The truth is nobody gives a fuck what you are doing, they are busy doing their own shit.

The gym anxiety is super common, I felt like this for a long time. Now, I find going to the gym relaxing, it's an hour that I don't have to think about work or my personal problems, and I can just spend it by myself.

Fuck you you fucking pansy piece of shit when I first started going to the gym I weighed fucking 112 pounds at 5 11 do you know how many people were staring at me ? I didn't give a shit because I was there to improve myself and I didn't give a fuck about what other people thought
Get over yourself and make some gains you fucking coward

There's no such thing as "skinnyfat". You are fat and weak. You need to lift weights to stop being weak and eat healthier to stop being fat.

I'm completely in my own world when hitting the gym, I really don't care how the people around me looks.

Just hit the gym, my dude. You will not regret it

I doubt you'll find the confidence here, if you're that anxious it's because of some deeper rooted insecurity. You have to fix that before the anxiety will go away. I know because I was the same as you before.

it's extremely common op. Look, i go like pic related. no hat. i don't fucking care, i'm there for me. They're there for them. We all lift to better ourselves, we all have insecurities and we are all trying to minimize them. Gains don't make themselves and the first week is the hardest. Go lift.

you know how many people have asked about my bald spot at the gym? literally 0. Not a single person! no one cares man. It doesn't effect them just like your low numbers will. You will earn respect by becoming a regular. You will make it by going consistently. I like earlier gym times, avoid the 3-7 pm craze, go at 3-9 am, only the hardcore dudes are there usually. Maybe a few DYEL's like us but the important thing is the machines and benches will be open for you to practice with.

Start light, do chest, biceps and triceps first. It's easy, google the following and try it out:

CHEST
1. flat barbell bench 3x10 (3 sets, 10 reps, light weight - just get the feel of it, try it with the bar and put a 10 on each side if you feel this is too light)

2. flat dumbbell flies 3x10, same thing, start with 10-15 pound dumbbells, feel the stretch

3. if your chest isn't blown out yet, try incline bench for 3x10. This is quite a bit harder and if for example you did the bar + 10 lbs on each side(bar is 45, so that would be 65 total) for flat bench, you're only going to want to do the bar here. It's harder, hits the upper chest.

ARMS
1. preacher curls 3x10, focus on form for these

2. hammer curls 4x10, focus on form

3. dumbbell curls 3x10, 4th set to failure

TRICEPS
1. tricep pushdowns 3x10, focus on feeling the burn in the triceps, keep youe shoulders back and elbows stationary

2. tricep rope push downs 3x10

3. dumbbell pullover 3x10 if your triceps aren't burned out, be careful with these, the burnout is sudden

(end)

you might hate these, you might find that these are staples for you. It's different for everyone. You'll want to go L I G H T as fuck. I lost a hundred pounds and my incline dumbbell bench went from 65 pounds each to 35, and my dumbbell pullover went from 40 to 20. I'm weak as shit, i hate it - but you won't get stronger if you don't go.

Damn dude thanks a lot. Very specific stuff in here that I’ll take to heart.

Also, not my place to say it, but have you considered just shaving it all off? Seem to have the skull for it.

i have but i didn't like it, i'm only 19 so i'm waiting to grow a full beard before trying again.

Damn man how did that bald spot even happen, looks like you took an axe and just chopped that part exactly.

Alopecia? I know that feel bro..mine grew back so stay hopeful! If its alopecia try toppix hair for men if you feel like hding it

bruh

im telling you this to be a bro, bro
you gotta shave bro

seizures in my bed rubbed the skin off, scar doesn't grow the hair back. I just tell chicks i was dropped as a kid or something, fought off a bear, but i actually od'ed on heroin when i was 16 and had seizures, a stroke and went into a coma for a week, parents found me 2 days into my coma on my bed. 3 years sober tho so i joke about it

christ

start reading evola, we'll make a fascist out of you yet, son

That’s really hardcore dude.

Shit, hang in there famalam we got you, and stay in that gym.

i feel like i looked like a dick with it shaved (only clear shaved head pic is pic related)

>those nipples

Also yeah, keep the hair

598's?

yeah, amazon's Special Edition

it was cold, and that was 50 pounds ago, quit sexually harrassing me

yeah bald isn't gonna work without a full beard imo, gonna have to wait this shit out until i can grow one. I just keep the spot clean and all that, i'm not worried about it anymore. I haven't had a problem yet with tinder hoes, i just play it as an "opening up" card, and the bros at the gym have never said a thing.

nah it's a scar, i think from reading the wiki on Alopecia that's an immune system issue. Good for you though man, it's rough having a bald spot at times

I think you look better like this. Would not challenge to fight.

If your skinny fat dont bulk! Focus on getting your bf % to 12 or 10 then bulk.

While youre losing weight do cardio and a strength rountine to build muscle. Clean bulk with a bodybuilding routine afterwards

Not that hard but we're all fighting the passage of time

Hey OP, when I was really nervous about going, I got a personal trainer. If I am being honest it was kind of a waste of money because internet, but it does hold you accountable and get you into the gym.

I had similar fears and my experience after finally pushing my self to go is:
>most people there are on cardio and will look physically worse than you
>the guys who are actually experienced with lifting are too busy either looking at themselves in the mirror or actually lifting to even care about you
>staff has been kind wherever I went, especially trainers

So the general takeaway from this thread is I need to lose weight? Should I start lifting now or wait until I weigh less?

Lift and keep your protein intake so you do not lose muscle, but focus on losing fat.

You need to stop being a pussy faggot and go anyway, you're going to make excuses as to why you can't, but you should fucking go anyway. Literally just shut your brain off get your shit ready and walk out the door.

I used to go to the gym at 4 in the morning because I was too autistic about having to interact with other human beings, eventually the lack of sleep caught up with me (my anxiety would keep me awake til 12 or 1am so i'd end up getting like 3 hours of sleep total). I decided to just say fuck it and go at 9am instead and it's really not as bad as you think it is, at all. Everyone in there is in for the same reason and they're thinking about themselves too.

>My fear isn't admiration. My fear is people noticing how out of shape I am.
>''lmao dude you're outta shape! You should hit the gy- Oh wait...''