QUESTIONS THAT DONT DESERVE THEIR OWN THREAD

Hey Veeky Forums,

Im a 6' 185lb male. My current job is as a housekeeper, which basically means nonstop rushed walking and vigorous scrubbing for 8 hours 5 days a week. On top of that, i lift after work monday wednesday and friday, and probably go for 2 or 3 actual cardio days a week or just do it after my workout. The cardio generally just consists of 15-20 minutes on bikes or stairs or fast walking on the treadmill to keep my heartrate around 60%. Im cutting.

Would anyone be willing to tell me, based on the info above, my needed daily calories so i can figure out what to eat? Everything seems to give me a different freaking number so ive just been eating around 1700-2000 cals daily.

Other urls found in this thread:

sailrabbit.com/bmr/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Should I incorporate cardio into my workout if im bulking? I want to increase stamina because mines shit but im only 154lbs and I want to be 170+ so im scared cardio will make me lose gains

rip edd

Definitely. Just make sure you make up for the lost calories

Wheres the best bang for your buck when it comes to buying protein online? I need a giant thing of isolate asap

How do I train neck? Non-meme.

>male housekeeper
Come on, user. Don't do that to yourself.
t. Hotel GM

Just realized that we've got a big one coming up

Hey guys, i started working out with dumbbells (before i only did cali) and when doing front/side raises it appears that my back delt is activated as well, is this normal?

Whats my TDEE faggot.

Also, have fun not getting free food and beer all the time and doing easy as hell work for a surprisingly good wage

if you're cutting go for around 1500, can even do 1200 but you don't really need it.

your tdee should be around 2500-2800

I should be cutting at 1000 more calories under my tdee?.....

I make 6 times what my housekeepers do, I don't need leftovers from guests, lol.

And put "active" in your TDEE calculator. If you're cutting, then take the more conservative estimate. The worst that can happen is you cut quicker.

Or more*

Well it would be quite a feat for me to be making $60 an hour at my age. There is no need for bloodshed here, hopefully i can make more after college

if you got fat left, it doesn't matter, as long as you get your minerals nothing bad will happen.

I'm not making $60 an hour, but my housekeepers don't work a full 40 hours a week, their hours are based on occupancy. I make about 6 times their yearly income.

Which is more effective at tuning the homonal system, cold showers or sauna after gym? I have been hitting the sauna after the gym for the past few months for dat sweet HGH boost but it seems stupid to combine it with cold showers when you get all the benefits from not heating up your balls, while saunas certainly do. Anyone done them both and can give anecdotal evidence? Also it's really going to suck to have to go back to burgerland and not get to chill with beautiful naked german girls in the sauna after gym :I.

OK got new routine.
Doing 20 squats in a row everyday, starting at 135 adding 5 everyday. I am at 145 now, going to 150 tomorrow. How long do you think until I get rekt?

Also drinking 3/4 gallon whole milk/day right now.

Mind you the highest I got at 20 rep squats is 235, and highest I could lifted once was at was 315.

Scott herman has a video that's pretty good

Because of my shoulder mobility, it can really only do front squats. How can I work on my mobility? I know it would improve if I started doing back squats, but I can't barely do them in the first place

I slept 13 hours yesterday, having trouble sleeping tonight.
Should I skip lifting tomorrow if I get less than 6 hours sleep?

I taped up my ceiling air vent to help stop spiders from crawling in but I'm concerned about dying from carbon dioxide poisoning. Is the cracks around my door enough airflow to keep me alive?

Also, my local privately owned gym is selling some good protein isolate for 50% off so i cam get a 908 gram tub for $28. Will i get a better deal?

Bump

thanks user

How do I prevent hip adductor pain when squatting? My squats are hilariously bad so it's not a weight issue. I have increased the amount of warm-up I do but it hasn't helped. My form should be good, I constantly check it.

How important are macro ratios? The sticky makes it seem like as long as you get your protein and eat enough calories, you'll get bigger. I already don't eat sugar and watch my sodium intake, but do I really need to hit some magical ratio?

Probably better suited to the routine general but hey.
What's everyone's opinion on 5/3/1? Decent or too slow or? Best assistance scheme?

I'm an overweight out of shape manlet.

I joined a gym. I asked the staff member showing me around about barbell work. He showed me squats, bench press, and barbell rows. But I couldn't get the form on the rows.

He recommended I lift 2 days a week and cardio each time plus a third day, and swap barbell rows for machine rows.

Does this sound reasonable for a beginner? I want to take my time to really get the form down before I move on, I'm not in a rush.

For a BEGGINER routine, i guess thats ok. Mostly depends on how safe you wanna be. I started mostly with machines just playing around and testing things

Am I overweight? I'm 187cm and weigh around 83-85kg. I'm male if that helps. I also do not have much muscle.

I am underweight, at 170 pounds but I can't get myself to eat. Won't mention height because nasa

I'm far more concerned about being safe. I'm losing weight even without lifting, the lifting is too build muscle but that's not my primary exercise goal (if that makes sense).

sailrabbit.com/bmr/

Put your info into here and find out your TDEE and BMI. It also helpfully compares you to someone at a healthy ratio, so it's easy to see how close or far you are. And if you want to lose weight, it'll tell you how much your should be eating to do so.

A subpar workout is better than no workout, imo, at least you'll have had the satisfaction of going

if I didn't eat today through work and gorged on an Indian buffet with coworkers as my only meal (tho I was fucking stuffed) should I still drink my whey post workout? And risk going over TDEE?

Whats the best cool down time for workouts I do push ups and situps and 2 miles straight and 1 cool down everyday but I feel like Im not doing it to my full potential any advice?

>6'4" and close to 200lbs
>decide to dedicate a day of the week to cardio to complement my brosplit
>run 2.5 miles on treadmill
>treadmill tells me i burned ~300 calories
>TDEE is ~3000, make sure to eat 3300 calories
>wake up in the middle of the night with excruciating hunger pangs
>forced to eat 1500 calories worth of cold pizza before getting shitty sleep due to the massive amounts of sodium

okay so how do i prevent this in the future? do i just binge eat like a fatso on my cardio days?

Going over your tdee once wont hurt you. Protein is important

in my opinion, yes. rest is the most important thing for you. it's the only time your body can heal. you damage your body when you work out. which is fine when you are getting good amounts of rest. but if you aren't, you shouldn't.

but i'm not a doctor or anything.

wait, i misread the post. you should skip gym tomorrow if you suspect you will not sleep well tomorrow night.

but it depends on how you feel in the morning i suppose. 6 hours of sleep can sometimes be adequate rest. it depends on how your sleep cycles went.

but if you're sure you can sleep well tomorrow night then you can work out. probably.

t. not a doctor

How do you avoid binge eating?

You don't. Why are you saying you were "forced" to eat 1500 cals of pizza?

Why didn't you just eat 500? Or just 1 slice?

Because the hunger didn't subside until I ate as much pizza as I could. I was 'forced' because I wanted to go back to sleep and it was 2AM and any other food would have involved me cooking for a half hour to an hour

I know that feel. For me, the guilt i know i would feel os enough to convince me not to. After knowing that feel enough times id just rather starve for the night or drink, like, 3 scoops of protein

if i drank a brotein shake i would be up every 30 mins pissing a liters worth

I guess were 2 different people....

how do i deal with DOMS?
went to gym for the first time, worked on machines since i didnt want to mess up with free weights
pushed hard and still felt good but the day after i felt weak and sore all over
been 2 days now, still the same

tense your neck during all barbell movements

no, protein + calories will be sufficient

>Because the hunger didn't subside until I ate as much pizza as I could
holy shit how are people so oblivious to basic bodily functions. your brain won't register fullness for like 15 minutes no matter how much you eat jesus christ you fucking moron

Are deadlifts required for a thickiand wider back? Or could I get away with just weighted pull ups and row variations?

Where I some places I can't look liftijg language

Trying to settle on a good routine but I don't know all the names of the lifts or how to choose what starting weight

You are supposed to be stiff and sore after a hard workout. The cure is stretches on a light day followed by another hard workout. If you ever work out without being stiff the next morning, you didn't work out hard enough.

I have one cheat day a month. Heres the circumstances: my stomache was KILLING me all day because of how hungry i was, i walked around all day becaude of my job (housekeeping) and then i did 15 minutes of stairs at level 12 burning 230 calories.

Also (and somehow i havent lost any strength from this at all, which leads me to believe it has to be mostly if not all fat loss) ive lost a ton of weight in the last month. I started at 200lbs (im a 6' male) and as of earlier today im 173lbs. I have been cutting so this was the desired effect, but my body fat doesnt even look that different besides i can kind of see my serratus a little better. Any clue whats up?

Also, pic related was my stats today after my cheat meal. How fucked am i? Remember its once a month

Are inner pecs a meme?

I'm a skeleton that just completed his first month of Ivysaur's beginner routine. I can feel my pecs getting much stronger, but I look like I have man boobs with clothes on. I believe it may be because my outer pecs are bigger than my inner pecs . It may also be poor genetics.

Any advice?

definitely do deads or rackpulls, rows and pull ups focus on lats, traps all that upperback stuff unless your also doing squats you core and lumbars are gonna be small af and wont make your back look as big as it could be

Its poor genetics. There is no inner or outer pecs. The upper/lower can be emphasized to some degree, but it will be very small

Repostin' from another thread cause' nobody answered. I'm a beginner user. LMAO 90kg 3x5 deadlift, here. I have real trouble keeping my back straight, more so on the second half of the lift (from the upright position to the floor). Apart from engaging my lats, does anybody have any advice for me? I can really feel my bad form taking a toll on me immediately after working out.

Lower the weight

Get flyscreen and tape that over the vent

Well, its calories in and calories out. It set you back 2-3 days, depending on how much you cut daily but nothing to be that worried about.
Regarding not looking that different, thats normal. It takes a lot of time to get big apparent changes, so be patient. Having a muscular and lean body takes a lot of work and dedication, thats why few have it and thats why it's seen as something positive