I want to rule the richest part of Africa as my personal property!

> I want to rule the richest part of Africa as my personal property!
> Sure, Leopold, buddy. We hand it out to you without any questions. Have fun!
How the fuck he pulled this one off?

Other urls found in this thread:

thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2016/07/24/mythologies-about-leopolds-congo-free-state/
thealternativehypothesis.org
theguardian.com/world/2003/aug/17/congo.theobserver
ieas.unideb.hu/admin/file_6617.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

he played all the european powers against eachother making it unacceptable for any european nation to take Congo as a colony
then presented himself and his "humanitarian organization" as the only viable alternative

Didn't he also pull some weird promises like "If shit goes bad we give the colony to you, France"?

there were a lot of clauses and promises, it was a diplomatic masterpiece for sure
always makes me wonder, just what he could have achieved had he been the king of a major country

The best part was that Bismarck knew it was all bullshit, but since he thought colonies were a dumb meme he just let Leopold get away with it anyways.

I can only imagine him sitting there going
>"Is everyone really dumb enough to buy this bullshit, jesus they're all falling for this, you know what, well played Leopold they deserve it.

But it did worked as a humanitarian organization, king Leopold brought civilization and progress to Kongo, he treated Congons much better than another civilised people treated other Blacks. "Congo genocide" is just Gongoid propaganda.

I know it's fun to joke about how people are not all that bad and what not
but let's be fair here: he helped establish an economy based around cut-off hands, that's downright cartoonish evil

England would never let France have Kongo, and Portugal was too poor to annex it to Angola

iam not even ironic here, Congans got payed for bringing cutted-off hands of peopel to the Openbare Weermacht (most of its members were locals) King Leopold didnt knew about it. Also he saved Congoids from Arabs.

Learn proper english.

This is what I am trying to do exactly right now.

>that is exactly what I'm trying to do.
Free lesson

Thanks, man.

Yeah the whole genocide train started from the local administration wanting proof the bullets weren't used for hunting and shit. So the Congolese just chopped off hands and did what they wanted.

I remember reading something about how the whole of DRC was uncolonized and then Leopold set up trading post in the western part of the country close to Republic of Congo and Angola and because of this, they decided to give him the whole thing.

Here's how

Also this

the rickets part of Africa was the Mali empire no?

>a German thinking colonies were a dumb meme
Guess Bismarck was the real idiot then.

Don't judge him too harshly. In the end, he ended up being right. Colonies were barely profitable, while German ambition to have more of them destroyed German monarchy itself. Don't forget, they European ruled over them for... Like what? 50 years? And now you got refugees and ebola and subsidize Africa for trillion dollars per year with humanitarian aid.

Nope.jpeg
1) Bismarck didn't like colonialism largely because it will create needless friction between Germany and the existing imperial powers. As a prime believer of the balance of power in Europe, Otto didn;t like that.
2) They didn't need it. Germany was making a killing in manufacturing. Both USA and Germany overtook Britain in productivity. Hell when they had colonies, all the profits from the colonies Germany ever had were dwarfed by German exports TO ROMANIA ALONE.

Ultimately Bismarck only accepted colonialism because the spastic Nationalists wanted it and he doesn't like a repeat of 1848. Ultimately all the colonies Germany owned proved to be money-sinks of needless expenditure.

> needless friction
Germany creates needless friction just by existing.

Typical mercantilist logic. What about country prestige? Not everything can be bought with money.

>Le memes!
Every Euronigger was after each other's goat. Its why you're America's plaything nowadays.

>Typical mercantilist logic.
LFUCKINGMAO colonialism IS a mercantilist activity, you fuckface. Britain's entire colonial process was to secure raw materials abroad for their use in their manufacturing sector.

>What about country prestige?
Bismarck: "Your map of Africa is really quite nice. But my map of Africa lies in Europe. Here is Russia, and here... is France, and we're in the middle — that's my map of Africa."

Bismarck thought that instead of dominating the peripheries of the world, Germany should dominate in Europe instead, to be its military, scientific, and commercial leader. That's where his idea of prestige is.

Besides, prestige for prestige's sake is against everything Bismarck stood. Wilhelm II proved him right a few decades later.

Someone give me the quick rundown on uncle leos wacky congo adventures

Hands off approach works best.

That's just jungle cruelty to innocents in general. When Tony Poshepny worked as a CIA operative in Laos, he demanded his Hmong soldiers bring him cut off ears of Pathet Lao troops as a proof that they killed them, and he paid them by the ear. He discontinued this practice after learning his troops were just cuting off the ears of their own children to score some quick buck.

thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2016/07/24/mythologies-about-leopolds-congo-free-state/

The free state's mistreatment of blacks has been largely exaggerated.

>thealternativehypothesis.org

The congolese are cannibals and deserved it.
theguardian.com/world/2003/aug/17/congo.theobserver

Probably purveyed by the same guy in another thread saying that you can give yourself the same training that having a degree in history from a university requires.

ieas.unideb.hu/admin/file_6617.pdf
Get reading. It's worth it.

>Probably purveyed by the same guy in another thread saying that you can give yourself the same training that having a degree in history from a university requires.

You can, of course. History is not like Engineering or Medicine.

Leo-chan did nothing wrong! stop bullying him!

What a surprise, a white supremacist website says that whites dindu nuffin

>white supremacist website

Why Veeky Forums hates serious historiography so much?

It's a complete waste of time to discuss with these brainwashed sjws.

You can teach yourself the facts in history, yes. You might even be able to teach yourself the trends and hidden paths between those facts. But it is much harder to teach yourself proper research methods to find the facts better, and the proper ways to support those facts and argue them when challenged.

Otherwise you've got a greater chance of being reduced to spewing poorly sourced infrographs as """"arguments"""" and calling everyone who challenges you a cuck.

this nigga knows whats up.

Bismarck knew germany would get stomped in a war against the commonwealth through attrition. The whole reason britain and germany diverged from allies was "muh colonialism and muh navy" propagated by retarded autocrats

He played the game well

>even out anglo-ing the eternal anglo
what a lad

The fact that a gawky, unpopular nerd like Leopold could use his singular obsessions to brute-force himself into becoming charismatic and beloved would be admirable - if it didn't directly result in millions of deaths, that is.

You can pretty much teach yourself anything if you're smart. Most people aren't particularly smart, though. That's what university is for.