Can I be a geek and a weightlifter at the same time?

youtube.com/watch?v=GcSYpFiAa4M

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9eXP2vrTXZ8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes, but your success will likely depend on what kind of geek you are. If you're a casual, buying all your shirts from Jinx or ThinkGeek, you may have the normie social backing to encourage you, but will probably not go far thanks to your lack of commitment. If you're a more dedicated geek (demonstrated autistic level of knowledge and maximizing of game character type shit) you could probably do well if you don't let yourself get caught up in the minutiae of things too early. If you're one of those faggots that gets 4 hours of sleep and forgets to eat, you won't make it

I regularly play Infinity the tabletop game and other board games and have no social life. I'm known as the big gymrat in my gaming groups.

T. 6'1 105kg 14% nerd roider.

Yes
twitch dot tv/freakazoid

No you cannot do things.

are you retarded

They call you a gymrat because they are jealous numales and incels.

honourable mentions

ryx
pashabiceps
seangares
zeus

>le geek culture
Omg xd I am liek such a nerrrrrd

>the members of Funhaus that aren't fat interns
It's almost as if... real life isn't like high school

They are nice people though. It's just a light joke.

nvm

I just have bad experience with normies and geeks desu. I abandoned my former group of friends I used to hang out with in high school for respectful and intelligent dudes. My former group of friends were skinnyfat and fat stoner geeks with no aspirations in life at all, and constantly kept putting me down for trying to be fit and making good grades in classes and not smoke weed

i hate serious gamers so much. They talk so much shit and ask why you are a casual gamer even if you are not playing any games with them.

Yes - you don't have to force yourself into an arbitrary stereotype critereia.

you can be a esports pro gamer

>CHAD PLAYS BETTER THAN YOU NERDS
>HE'S SKILLED, BIG, BUFF
>PLAYS MARIO KART AND EATS PIZZA

His fucking hooded slayer eyes

Fuuaark

Fuaark. your statement redpilled me so much

That geek chad dude is so fucking handsome. He kind of looks like Pietro Bosselli, a famous male model.

>wake up Monday through Friday at 4:30 am and go to sleep at 10 pm sharp
>have dream job teaching civics, western civ, and English lit at my old high school as well as coaching track and field.
>3 lifting sessions per week
>run average of 30 miles per week
>go to sambo class twice per week
>usually kill an entire novel every week
>one of our religion teachers is casually teaching me Latin
>our sweet old band instructor is teaching me to read music and the basics of the violin
>beers with friends on Friday and Saturday nights
>Sundays I sleep in until 10 and then binge play a combination of high level Tekken 7 and Halo 5 with bros, SFV, Bloodborne, Dark Souls 1-3, and a plethora of PS1 and PS2 era RPGs...

It's all about discipline and moderation my dudes.

Fun Fact: You have INFINITELY more fun playing vidya if you do it in moderation...

>have dream job
>teaching civics, western civ, and English lit at my old high school as well as coaching track and field.
jesus christ
I feel immeasurable pity for you

Big guys that work out and play vidya are my favorites. I'm small and it's fun being picked up and tossed by guys like that when I beat them in Goldeneye

You know I always get that same comment from incredibly sad and pretentious fuckwits... It's like people aren't allowed to follow their dreams anymore if the job to which their dreams are applicable doesn't net 6+ figures. What do you do for a living champ?

DO WHATEVER THE *FUCK* YOU WANNA DO

>What do you do for a living champ
I don't spend all day around kids

So NEET?

There's not enough money in the world to make me do that job.
I'd legitimately rather be a homeless heroin addict.

I manage a Cafe, but easy money for what it is. Get 70k a year plus free food every day

So NEET.

That's legit bro. You're job doesn't have to define who you are as a person. If you're happy and have money then alls well. Banging the occasional 19 year old waitress sounds cool too...

> A Gamestop employee having fun and talking shit while playing games

So he was fired?

youtu.be/9eXP2vrTXZ8

Tfw I'm only 20. But yeah I've had that experience, she used to tie my laces at work for me

I'm a software developer
the last thing I want to do in my life is return to highschool

Every NEETs go to fake Veeky Forums job ..."the software developer".

I'm a homeowner and make 6 figures

If he was fired for this video then we probably would have heard about it.

Sure thing bud.

I don't know why you thought you'd be able to compete career wise
considering yours is bottom of the barrel

not competition, he's calling out an obvious liar. you deflect and condescend instead of offering actual answers, so you're almost certainly a teenager or underachieving shitbag.
his life does sound fucking horrid tho, i couldn't stand that life for a second.
>so that's why i chose a career that i like, rather than be a scum covered NEET

I just watched this video for the first time on Tuesday, it's funny how I came across this

I went out of my way to screenshot my mortgage account homepage for you
don't even know why
I guess I'm proud of being a home owner and not having to spend a single minute around children

I teach at an all boys private school that is less than 5% minorities. It's actually a joy to go to work everyday and not an inner city shit show you're thinking of...

Some people just want to do it. It's a fact. I went straight out of highschool with the goal in mind. Nobody in this profession (at least in the private sector...) does this because they "fell into it" or because they are some egotistical prick that believes they are the key to molding the next generation of society for the better. Almost all of us do it for the hand full of kids that DO matter and because we enjoy the subject matter of what we do. We also don't want to teach at a university in their current state.

The sad thing is the only things you probably enjoy about your job is the slightly above average income and the minimal social interaction. Are you also the kind of person who thinks cops, firefighters, and blue collar workers are retarded because they don't have a "good" job in your opinion? If you actually aren't 17 then you are a sheltered man child. Congrats.

Being a "geek" is in now. Just ask what house from Game of Thrones a girl is on Tinder then playfully say an opposing house. It is the ultimate pickup.

>and he's a racist too
jackpot

3 weeks

I know, user. I know. Perfect thing to watch with cuties too.

What website do you think you are on...

>House of Lannister
Haha I'm slytherin u jelly? :P

don't forget dev1ce, dude is aesthetic as fuck

fucking hell you utter autist. The reason he can tell you're spewing utter bullshit is because for the most part, people who are earning 6 figures a year and own their own property don't feel the need to tell everyone how fucking great they are on an internet message board unless they're utterly basic as fuck.

So in short, you're either lying or a potato. Pick one.

I wasn't even gonna mention it but he kept pressing me for it
stay salty

>all day looking at a screen pissing around with code
>only six figures

wouldn't do it for seven figures, what a shit job
no idea why it's glorified so much on here, i've never met a dev who genuinely enjoyed what he did

>i've never met a dev who genuinely enjoyed what he did
that's the mistake
people should do what they enjoy
the ones who don't enjoy it are absolutely shit programmers anyway
you can check out /dpt/ on /g/ or /agdg/ on Veeky Forums if you want to find some devs who love programming

Damn you're a prick dude

Good luck trying to be friends with others and being somewhat tolerable.

why don't you look at the quality of posts I responded to
>I'm the prick

a quarter of the white weightlifters at my gym look like they are geeks, like some jacked dork that thinks people care he studies engineering.

strangely enough, once you realize how kind of a cheat, or hack pic related is for vidya, it should be a natural thing to get. It should fit in naturally with the gaming philosophy, of competition, of grinding to get better results. Of many things in vidya.

Faster reaction time is the most important factor, but factor that is worth alone so frigging much for twitch shooters.

I will. Your tears helped.

Idk what happened to freak he lost a lot of gains

Finally a thread i can relate to. Im a 22 year old nerd that watches anime and plays a shit ton of video games. I also try to go to conventions and the sort. I can bench almost 3pl8s. Weird when people see me, they expect this alpha but im as beta as they come.

You're saying it like it's a bad thing

If you're not casual at the least when over the age of 21, it doesn't matter how built you are, you're still a loser.